SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: . . . Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Thanks.

It's the Casio DW-1000, the same one featured on the MacGyver's Wardrobe page.

The price these go for on eBay are kind of mind blowing. Well over $100.00

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 27 February 2014 - 01:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Wow. Pricey. But still Nicey! biggrin.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 28 February 2014 - 08:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

Here is my latest acquisition. An updated version of the Trooper brand watch like Mac wore early on in the series. Granted the numbers are green instead of white, and the shape of the hands are slightly different but it still looks cool. I'll wear this one. I'm on the hunt for a accurate MacGyver version to add to my collection.

user posted image

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 February 2014 - 12:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacFan092985 @ 1 March 2014 - 04:41 AM)
Here is my latest acquisition.  An updated version of the Trooper brand watch like Mac wore early on in the series.  Granted the numbers are green instead of white, and the shape of the hands are slightly different but it still looks cool.  I'll wear this one.  I'm on the hunt for a accurate MacGyver version to add to my collection.

user posted image

Ironically, this is one I want to get next too.

I have the Timex one at the moment but really like the Trooper watch. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
A. MacGyver
Posted: 13 March 2014 - 02:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker Small

Favorites
Episode:Too hard to choose.

Love me some watches:

user posted image

I also just bought a vintage Vietnam Era Timex from a surplus store which should be arriving soon:

user posted image

MacGyver: What do you want from me?
Zoie: To help me find the holy grail!
MacGyver: Indiana Jones already did that, I saw the movie!

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 13 March 2014 - 04:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

As mentioned on page 1, I wear an Orient Deep. Here it is among my other EDC stuff:

user posted image

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 March 2014 - 05:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Holy Kazooie! I'm jealous! biggrin.gif

Those are some fine lookin' watches!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
YopeGyver
Posted: 13 March 2014 - 07:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

Can I raid your watch collection, A. MacGyver? surprise.gif Cool watches!

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 07:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

My thoughts/feelings have changed in the past few months with regards to this topic. I now believe the old style one dimensional wrist watches to be archaic / obsolete to my needs. However .... I still think that a time device around one's wrist is a necessary convenience. The old style watches still rule in the style/cool department .... but the fitness/smart watches have become so precise, value-added and healthy - that I could not ignore them any longer. Enter the Garmin VivoActive HR, that basically is your fitness coach, physio Dr, GPS, and bluetooth time device around your wrist. Really incredible technology that further adds fuel to my fire that the whole MacGyver concept has gotten a little long in the tooth. This thing zaps you, taser like, and/or calls you directly if it thinks your daily fitness goals are lagging - and that's just for starters ......

Attached Image
Attached Image

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 05:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

I'm actually the other way Joe. I'm sporting one of the Dakota clip on watches right now, but my other two are really old school. I've a 20 year old Wenger and a Timex Camper that I picked up from the Mac store.

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 06:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

All good, Barry! smile.gif My thoughts are often reflected back towards how these (now common place) gadgets would have, could have affected the original series episodes if they were in vogue back then. For example, smart watches can constantly update your heart rate, GPS location, & precise movement sequences to a shared online account and so it might have taken a lot of the guess work and drama out of some of the earlier episodes. Regardless, these technologies are getting 'smarter' by the day and it's becoming harder and harder to actually 'get lost' and/or have an uncertainty about your moment to moment well being. Again, all good! thumbup.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 08:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

For example, smart watches can constantly update your heart rate, GPS location, & precise movement sequences to a shared online account and so it might have taken a lot of the guess work and drama out of some of the earlier episodes.

How?

I have to say I'm strongly against anything that's constantly tracking my location. Especially when it's being uploaded to the internet where anyone with a bit of know-how and bad intentions can find me and work out my daily routines. I don't see any value in knowing constantly what my heart rate is in a normal every day situation either so I'm happy with the Citizen EcoDrive divers watch I brought myself for my last birthday. Waterproof to 200M. Has a chronograph timer, tells date and time and never needs battery replacement.

user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
perfectlykevin
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 08:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Can I say "all?"
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

For me I've gone the opposite way, wearing plain jane field watches, sometimes even without a date. Almost all the time it's an automatic one too. I wore plenty of Casio atomic watches that keep time to the exact second, but lately I feel less inclined to be that perfect. I haven't tried a fitness watch yet either. I'm a runner and I figure my HR is usually around 60 resting and if my pants get snug then it's time to cut back on the chocolate, or run more smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 June 2017 - 09:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

For me one of the most important factors about a watch is that it must be analog.

I wore a digital watch for a while last year and I really noticed the lack of spacial awareness with it. With a digital watch it tells you the exact time and that's it. But with an analog watch you get to "see" the time like a map. You can see where you are in the day, hour, etc. It's like a graphic representation, if it's 20 minutes past the hour I can see the amount of "distance" I have left in that hour and lets me plan things out easier through that remaining 40 minutes.... when the hand gets to here I'll do this and when it gets here I should be ready to do that.. etc, or when the hand gets there I want to be at such-&-such a place, or whatever. I just like the physical representation of an analog watch.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 02:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Than what kind of digital watch is that? I wear one, still the same I posted about here four years ago. It clearly gives the time, the date and the day. Right now it's 12:12 pm and I have 48 minutes left in the hour. I think I can do the same things with it as you do with an analog one.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 02:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 24 June 2017 - 12:37 AM)
For example, smart watches can constantly update your heart rate, GPS location, & precise movement sequences to a shared online account and so it might have taken a lot of the guess work and drama out of some of the earlier episodes.

How?

Bluetooth to Mobile. GPS/location is optional data.

Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 02:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 24 June 2017 - 01:21 AM)
For me one of the most important factors about a watch is that it must be analog.

Analog/digital faces/font/plate color are all programmable with these new smart watches. Anything possible and just a click away! macsak.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 04:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Than what kind of digital watch is that? I wear one, still the same I posted about here four years ago. It clearly gives the time, the date and the day. Right now it's 12:12 pm and I have 48 minutes left in the hour. I think I can do the same things with it as you do with an analog one.

Clearly missed my point.

How?

Bluetooth to Mobile. GPS/location is optional data.

and....that takes away guess work and drama how? AND which episodes are you talking about?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 04:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I have a friend that wears a watch like that to in order to monitor his heart rate. He has to because he has a heart condition. So, I think depending on your lifestyle, it can be beneficial. My watch's battery died, so I haven't been wearing a watch as of late, which feels weird. I feel like I need to have one. lol Personally, I prefer just a regular watch. I used to love the ones that would changed from night to day back when I was a teenager... those were always fun.

Of course, I'm not as into gadgets as say, my Dad is. My Dad likes anything with a ton of buttons. We had a 1989 Chrysler Lebaron that had two trip computers and an all digital readout. You should have seen his eyes light up... like a kid in a candy store! XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 04:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 24 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

Bluetooth to Mobile. GPS/location is optional data.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
and....that takes away guess work and drama how? AND which episodes are you talking about?

I think there were a several episodes with amnesia, blindness, missing, lost etc. I like the way you can program these computers to send signals when you reach certain goals/waypoints/steps ... or if your heart gets dangerously high or low. I think this technology would have helped not hurt MacGyver's ventures .... but hurt not helped the show's modus operandi.

You're not alone in your thinking though, was showing it to a team of physiotherapists at the hospital a few weeks ago ... who still monitor patients recovery movements the old pen/paper way and they were collectively cold to the idea of a device that records each step/movement/partial vital and sends it to a computer file automatically ... I think because it kind of replaces a portion of their job for them .... and perhaps makes them feel slightly less significant. unsure.gif

MacGyver85
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 05:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

I have to say I'm strongly against anything that's constantly tracking my location. Especially when it's being uploaded to the internet where anyone with a bit of know-how and bad intentions can find me and work out my daily routines.

SAME!!! And I do wear a watch.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 06:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyver85 @ 24 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)
I have to say I'm strongly against anything that's constantly tracking my location. Especially when it's being uploaded to the internet where anyone with a bit of know-how and bad intentions can find me and work out my daily routines.

SAME!!! And I do wear a watch.

Okay, drop the egos boyz - nobody cares about where/when or how fast/efficient you do your workouts! laugh.gif

Seriously, for the tinfoil types, you can just use the USB cable to upload your files securely from the watch to your PC device. No internet needed!!!

denizen
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 01:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I personally am not against smart watches but the only thing I dislike is having to charge it daily. Till they design longer life and more apps useful to my personal criteria, I'll stick to the old school. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 02:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (denizen @ 24 June 2017 - 05:59 PM)
I personally am not against smart watches but the only thing I dislike is having to charge it daily. Till they design longer life and more apps useful to my personal criteria, I'll stick to the old school. biggrin.gif

That's already there. My Garmin Vivoactive HR lasts 8 days on a 45 minute charge off a laptop or pocket battery charger. That was critical in my finally 'buying' into this evolving technology.

Barry Rowland
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 24 June 2017 - 05:21 PM)

I wore a digital watch for a while last year and I really noticed the lack of spacial awareness with it. With a digital watch it tells you the exact time and that's it. But with an analog watch you get to "see" the time like a map. You can see where you are in the day, hour, etc. It's like a graphic representation, if it's 20 minutes past the hour I can see the amount of "distance" I have left in that hour and lets me plan things out easier through that remaining 40 minutes.... when the hand gets to here I'll do this and when it gets here I should be ready to do that.. etc, or when the hand gets there I want to be at such-&-such a place, or whatever. I just like the physical representation of an analog watch.

Exactly!!!

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 June 2017 - 09:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 25 June 2017 - 12:38 AM)
We had a 1989 Chrysler Lebaron that had two trip computers and an all digital readout.  You should have seen his eyes light up... like a kid in a candy store! XD

Oh yep. I know the one. Looks like this.....

user posted image laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 25 June 2017 - 06:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

I also like the accuracy of these smart GPS watches - and the fact that my mobile, car clock, and wrist watch are always synchronized to the second and with the yearly time adjustment/shifts on auto adjust. The touch screen technology is easier to manipulate on the move - as well.

Swiss Army Knife of Watches

Attached Image
Attached Image

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 25 June 2017 - 10:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

SAK owned: a red one ;-)

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

I still don't understand people who walk around without wearing a watch tongue.gif

I'm very boring when it comes to my watches and glasses laugh.gif - I've been wearing the same analog metal Swatch (with a light blue cover) for at least 15 years now.

I started with a "Flick Flack" (children's watch by Swatch) that was a gift by my god-mother. Then there was a black-and-neon-yellow Pop-Swatch, an ordinary black plastic Swatch and then a yellow digital Casio Baby-G. So only 5 watches in 30+ years.

I think it's time for a new one, but I just don't really care about watches and never find one that I actually want to have. Every time I look at watches, I'm like "nah, my old one works just fine" biggrin.gif

That's always a sign you might be in trouble if your dashboard is on fire...
Currently blogging about the MacGyver Reboot on Dashboard On Fire

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 25 June 2017 - 12:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

@MacOnline - That's close! XD Except no Kitt for me to talk to. But, it was a pretty fun car to drive. I drove it when I first got my licence. It had a turbo too, but Dad disabled it... probably to keep me from running it into a tree. lol

@Dash - I haven't worn a watch in a while because my Timex Weekender battery died. sad.gif I adjusted to not wearing it though, so I just don't think about it. I have my phone, and everywhere I go there's a clock... so I don't really *need* it right now.

However, I miss my old Maurices watch... it needs a new battery too. It's not functional, except to tell time, but it's a damn cool looking watch. Too bad they don't make this style anymore. sad.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 25 June 2017 - 04:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I like that watch Jedi!! I remember a friend buying an '89 Lebaron convertible new and taking a road trip in it. 80's digital action everywhere😁!

@Dash: I'm the same way. I still wear my Old Wenger that I've had 19 years and counting. I finally broke down andgot my Mac Timex watch bevause I thought it looked great and the site store had them. I just can't go with a watch, and I've tried XD!!

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll