Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Sams motor bike changes as he jumps it through the window.
If you watch carefully you can see the bikes luggage bage dissappears in the same scene.

When MacGyver is looking at old photos of himself they are photos of Present day MacGyver, not young MacGyver.

The first time Sam remembers his mom being shot, she falls backwards, later on when he remembers it again she falls sideways.

When Sam and Mac are on the ship MacGyver gets shot, but later when Sam is tending to him, Mac appears to have a broken arm... no gunshot wound.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 09:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

When MacGyver is looking at old photos of himself they are photos of Present day MacGyver, not young MacGyver.

When Sam and Mac are on the ship MacGyver gets shot, but later when Sam is tending to him, Mac appears to have a broken arm... no gunshot wound.

happy.gif I just came here to post those two! I was pretty irritated about the gunshot thing...I mean that was a great scene...my heart stopped when it happened (obviously it started back up again tongue.gif ) and I actually replayed it twice cuz it was like surprise.gif !!

But then he's barely hurt?? That was disappointing.

hmm.bmp laugh.gif Not that I'm, um, morbid or anything...it was just, well...you know what I mean! tongue.gif

I thought Sam's reaction to it was pretty understated, too...His long-lost father's just been shot and fell...I dunno how far, into a cargo hold! He should've been screaming...DAAAAD!!!!

Ok...I'm done...I missed those other 2. smile.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 09:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (Amy @ Nov 2 2006, 01:27 PM)
>I thought Sam's reaction to it was pretty understated, too...His long-lost father's just been shot and fell...I dunno how far, into a cargo hold! He should've been screaming...DAAAAD!!!!

I had the totally opposite reaction to Sam's reaction. Up until that point, he hadn't called Mac anything at all and then he comes back out, realises what happened, and says "Dad." That's when it hit me that, omigods, MacGyver's a father! laugh.gif

As for the no major damage from the bullet thing, I'm assuming that the bullet winged Mac, he was surprised... and reacted badly. Contrary to what movies and tv shows tell us, a bullet doesn't knock you off your feet. Usually, it's the shock that does it.

Mac
speaking from personal experience

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Toni
Posted: 6 November 2006 - 01:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Just watched it again and noticed that when Mac & Sam are in the hold on the ship Mac cuts through the rope to release the pipeing. The rope is wrapped around twice, Mac cuts the first and it falls away, we then see him cut the 2nd rope.
But the next shot the pipeing has two rope binds. !

Whats the point of growing up, if you can't be childish sometimes

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 04:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Thought I'd bring this here so we don't hijack the 7th season on DVD thread!

MacGyverGod said elsewhere...
Ending up in another coma, was better? I think the crate broke his fall and arm for the most part. That scene is so cool, with that shot of our unconscious MacGyver.

No....a coma wouldn't have been better...but maybe a messup collar bone, broken ribs, or something in addition to the arm. The scene was so cool (one of the coolest in the series!)...I agree, 100%, but that's why I think the result was a little anticlimatic...all he walked away with was a broken arm...he was barely stunned when he came to, and what happened to the gunshot? You have to admit that seeing Mac sprawling over that smashed crate, you wondered (the first time, anyway) if he could have survived that, right?????? I just watched 10% Solution the other day and when they are all shut into that chamber and are being gassed...I think Mac got hit or something (as usual laugh.gif ) and he's lying on the floor all disoriented and the art expert has to coax him out of it...I really like that episode, but I thought that was a little melodramatic and silly...especially compared to my favorite nitpick scene in The Stringer...now THAT was something to be "disoriented" about! laugh.gif

OK...*scurries back to the original discussion...*

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Yeah, the gunshot is strange too, it's like it vanished into thin air.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 01:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Amy @ 1 February 2007 - 01:19 PM)
You have to admit that seeing Mac sprawling over that smashed crate, you wondered (the first time, anyway) if he could have survived that, right??????

I actually wondered, how they did do it...

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 03:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

yeah the gunshot is a fairly big flaw in the episode.. you can't show someone getting shot and then completely forget about it for the rest of the story.

... well you can... but no-one's gonna take you seriously.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 February 2007 - 02:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, the broken arm is a fairly good cover up for the disappeared gunshot. It's like in D.O.A. MacGyver. The bullet could've grazed him and the fall through the glass made the cut on his head.

But hey it's just television: anything is possible.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 February 2007 - 03:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And I was right about it too. The bullet grazed his shoulder, I just read the script. But it still doesn't explain the disappeared gunshot, but hey the broken arm is a good replacement like I said.
Boy, but spellings mistakes... rolleyes.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 February 2007 - 12:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
The bullet grazed his shoulder, I just read the script.

the problem is that they never explained it to the viewers.. all we see is Mac getting shot and then it's gone.

At the very least it could have been mentioned while SAMs doing the cast thing on Macs arm..

"Hows the shoulder?"

"It just scraped me.. It'll be fine"

MacGyver looks at the cast SAM is making for him

"Where'd you learn to do that?"

Would have taken an extra 10 seconds of that scene, and would have explained everything for us.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 5 February 2007 - 03:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
Boy, but spellings mistakes...

What? where?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 6 February 2007 - 07:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

But if the bullet just grazed him, how could it have made him fall over a railing that high? It would have had to hit him pretty good to give him the momentum to carry his body over....

... oh, sorry. I forgot to suspend disbelief again! blush.gif

wink.gif cool.jpg

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 February 2007 - 07:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 6 February 2007 - 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
Boy, but spellings mistakes...

What? where?

In that script!

But if the bullet just grazed him, how could it have made him fall over a railing that high? It would have had to hit him pretty good to give him the momentum to carry his body over....

... oh, sorry. I forgot to suspend disbelief again!

He was at the railing, threw Mei-Jan to the ground for her own safety the bullet grazed him, MacGyver reaches for his arm, turns and tumbles over the railing. A grazing bullet is usually strong enough to make you go: 'aaarggghhh'.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 6 February 2007 - 09:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm trying to believe, MGod... really I am! happy.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 February 2007 - 10:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
A grazing bullet is usually strong enough to make you go: 'aaarggghhh'.

Thats because they are very hot, break the skin, and hurt like hell.. has nothing to do with impact.. because a grazing bullet doesn't impact.. it grazes.

Graze: to touch or rub lightly in passing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 February 2007 - 11:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 6 February 2007 - 06:56 PM)
I'm trying to believe, MGod... really I am! happy.gif

*sighs* rolleyes.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 14 February 2007 - 10:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

OK, I think I've got another nitpick.

This one has to do with the scene where Mac and Sam are discussing Sam's name. Sam says that his mom would never tell him what the "A." in his name stood for. Mac says, "Let me guess... Angus." Sam answers, "Yeah, I was never too crazy about it (the name Angus) myself."

So did Sam just now learn what his middle initial stands for, or did he already know (found out some other way than his mom telling him) and Mac just confirmed it for him? How could he have "not been too crazy" about his middle name if he didn't know what it was?

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 14 February 2007 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGirl @ 14 February 2007 - 01:48 PM)

This one has to do with the scene where Mac and Sam are discussing Sam's name. Sam says that his mom would never tell him what the "A." in his name stood for. Mac says, "Let me guess... Angus." Sam answers, "Yeah, I was never too crazy about it (the name Angus) myself."

So did Sam just now learn what his middle initial stands for, or did he already know (found out some other way than his mom telling him) and Mac just confirmed it for him? How could he have "not been too crazy" about his middle name if he didn't know what it was?

I don't remember Sam saying that he didn't know his middle name... just that he was reluctant to say it when Mac asked.

hmm.bmp I'll have to watch it again. Darn! biggrin.gif

MacNymph
Posted: 14 February 2007 - 08:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

QUOTE (MacGirl @ 15 February 2007 - 06:48 AM)
Sam says that his mom would never tell him what the "A." in his name stood for. Mac says, "Let me guess... Angus."  Sam answers, "Yeah, I was never too crazy about it (the name Angus) myself." 

So did Sam just now learn what his middle initial stands for, or did he already know (found out some other way than his mom telling him) and Mac just confirmed it for him?  How could he have "not been too crazy" about his middle name if he didn't know what it was?

You must have imagined that part. He never said he didn't know what the A stood for. He said, when asked, that it stood for his middle name. He hedged like Mac does. rolleyes.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 15 February 2007 - 06:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

He never said he didn't know what the A stood for. He said, when asked, that it stood for his middle name. He hedged like Mac does.

Yeah...what I was gonna say... wink.gif

That's what I thought...but I remember someone posting (I think it was in the stuff we lost) that it's usually not the impact of a bullet that knocks someone down, but the surprise. I don't know how that's provable because inevitably you get shot, you're gonna be surprised, and I would think there's some force behind the bullet that would react with your body. LOL...maybe the Mythbusters should tackle that one!

He was at the railing, threw Mei-Jan to the ground for her own safety the bullet grazed him, MacGyver reaches for his arm, turns and tumbles over the railing. A grazing bullet is usually strong enough to make you go: 'aaarggghhh'.

And I didn't get the impression that he stumbled and went over. I'd have to watch it again, but I thought it was pretty clear that he had his feet planted after pushing Mei Jan outta the way and then the impact from the shot took him over.

dry.gif Dagnabbit...now I have to watch it again. laugh.gif What a "horrible" way to spend an hour...

Anyway, yeah, I could buy the bullet grazing him if they just explained that to us like Rock said. Not that we're dumb and need everything explained, but not addressing it at all is dumb. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 15 February 2007 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

but I remember someone posting (I think it was in the stuff we lost) that it's usually not the impact of a bullet that knocks someone down, but the surprise.

Yeah people always fall down when they get a surprise. I can't count the number of times I've seen people throw themselves backwards after the surprise of getting a paper cut.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 15 February 2007 - 03:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 15 February 2007 - 06:50 PM)
but I remember someone posting (I think it was in the stuff we lost) that it's usually not the impact of a bullet that knocks someone down, but the surprise.

That was me. biggrin.gif

Mac ph34r.gif (an emoticon as close as I could find for "I'm so cold, I can hardly type")

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 19 February 2007 - 04:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 15 February 2007 - 05:50 PM)

Yeah people always fall down when they get a surprise. I can't count the number of times I've seen people throw themselves backwards after the surprise of getting a paper cut.

Is that sarcasm?

laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyversCrush
Posted: 9 August 2007 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

QUOTE (MacGirl @ 15 February 2007 - 07:13 AM)

I think SAM knew what his middle name was, But didn't know where the name came from and his mom wouldn't reveal it, Because she wasn't ready to tell him who his father was..

Remember all he had to go on was the pendant with his father's picture in it and no name.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 14 August 2007 - 02:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

Ahh, that makes sense. I haven't seen this eppy too often, so I don't know it as well as some others.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
  Posted: 17 June 2008 - 09:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
House:  Second Loft

I know this is old to talk about the stringer,but I just can't leave the story alone.I was watching it today and started to think about something.If Kate told Sam where she went to college and she met Macgyver there then would you think the Sam would start looking for his father there.Kate did tell Sam all about his father.So I would think that if the same thing happened to me I would want to know. I would go to the college and find a yearbook and start looking throught the pages.Sam had a picture of Macgyver.It would not be that hard to find him.Mac was real remembered at his college.I think I just got another idea for a fan fic story.What do you guys think?

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 18 June 2008 - 01:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

Cool!! Write it up!!

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
  Posted: 18 June 2008 - 01:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
House:  Second Loft

Thank you very much.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 18 June 2008 - 12:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (SHEILA @ 18 June 2008 - 05:57 PM)
If Kate told Sam where she went to college and she met Macgyver there then would you think the Sam would start looking for his father there.Kate did tell Sam all about his father.So I would think that if the same thing happened to me I would want to know. I would go to the college and find a yearbook and start looking throught the pages.Sam had a picture of Macgyver.It would not be that hard to find him.Mac was real remembered at his college.

Yet another hole in a poorly conceived story.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll