Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I got this from the RDA board:

Anderson confirmed for Continuum
Saturday - March 17, 2007 | by Darren Sumner

Richard Dean Anderson will appear in the upcoming movie Stargate: Continuum, Playback Daily is reporting and executive producer Brad Wright confirmed to GateWorld.

Anderson, who played Jack O'Neill on Stargate SG-1 for eight years before entering semi-retirement, will travel with an 18-person crew to the U.S. Navy's Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station in the Arctic next week to film scenes for the direct-to-DVD movie (story).

Production resumes in Vancouver on May 22, following shooting for SG-1's first movie, The Ark of Truth.

Written by Wright and directed by Martin Wood, Stargate: Continuum is a stand-alone time travel story that continues the adventures of SG-1 beyond the show's tenth season. The movie is expected to hit DVD shelves in North America this fall.

The SCI FI Channel in the U.S. will air the final 10 episodes of Season Ten -- including a guest appearance by Anderson in "The Shroud" -- starting Friday, April 13!

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 12:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Direct to DVD??!!

What kind of movie is that??

It might as well be a made for TV!

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 01:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Yeah, I know what you mean, Rock. They could've just made these upcoming
SG-1 movies as made for TV, just like they did with the MacGyver movies. Then again, if they're good, we'll have them on DVD. If DVDs existed during the MacGyver made for TV movies, we could've already had them on DVD, instead of having to sweat it out with Paramount over whether we'll see them on DVD or not. dry.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 02:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

That's called the big FU to SciFi.

Cut them right out of the royalties. biggrin.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 04:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Nymph is right about sticking it to Sci FI, but its also a great way to test the water to see if making it for the big screen would be a good idea. The Producer of the Stargate Movie is begging to get the other 2 he as written with Kurt Russle as Jack O'Neill. While the guys at Bright Studios what it to be the TV show that goes to the Big screen.

Old Fan
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 04:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I think they do that because they feel they can still make money from the "Franchise" even if it doesn't go to an 11th season. There just isn't enough of a fan base to make money if it went to theatres - you'd see it once and that's it - it's sort of a specialized theme that not that many poeple are in to (sorry fans out there). This way, they can charge 2 or 3 times the price of a ticket and they can make money. But of course if you buy the DVD, you can watch it as often as you like - if that's what you want to do... Everyone is happy all around.

Now about those MacGyver movies...

dry.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 04:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Oh I agree with you on the Old Fan. I mean Sg-1's fan base is big, bigger that X-files but its No Star Trek maybe in a few more years and add in the Fans of Atlantis... who knows?

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 06:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Old Fan @ 18 March 2007 - 01:36 PM)
There just isn't enough of a fan base to make money if it went to theatres - you'd see it once and that's it - it's sort of a specialized theme that not that many poeple are in to (sorry fans out there).

Thats nonsense.

How many of the people who went to see the Dukes of Hazzard or Starsky and Hutch movies do you think where fans of the TV shows?

What size fan base did SG:1 have when the original StarGate movie was released?

None. But it still did well, simply because it was a sci-fi and I would say a new SG1 movie would do better than the original because it now has a world wide fanbase, as witnessed by the internation SG:1 and sci-fi conventions the actors attend.

Most movies don't' need a fan base to be successful, all they need is a good story told well.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 06:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

Straight to DVD movie sounds like they have decided it wouldn't do well in cinemas so aren't even going to try. dry.gif Makes me think that the people involved in the films don't think they'll be up to much. Not a great first impression. rolleyes.gif

I really liked the Stargate movie and there are great stories to be told using the stargate. I really liked what I have seen of the series too. I love adventure and exploring and it makes it extra special that the places they explore can be like snapshots of earth at different times (the past and maybe what our future could be without travel in time) but also can be a completely alien environment. There is so much potential for great stories. I'll buy the DVD but think its a shame they are not letting us experience it in the movies on a huge screen with great sound (my TV is titchy!)

this is a bit surprising to me.
Continuum is a stand-alone time travel story that continues the adventures of SG-1 beyond the show's tenth season.
huh.gif Why decide to make it a time travel movie? there was a bit of accidental time travel on SG1 but that wasn't really what the stargate did. Surely they haven't run out of planets to explore already? tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 11:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Ohhh... I think there's a big enough fan base for a full length major motion picture.

Anyone ever heard of a show called Firefly and a movie called Serenity? It didn't stop that franchise and that show was itty bitty in comparision.

Not that it's a bad thing... you be the judge... but from what I've seen from the Wright/Glassner/Cooper team is they like to make the most money from the path of least resistance.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 12:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I honestly think its to prove to MGM that the next movie for the big screen sheo have Rick as Jack and not Kurt Russle.

There is an on going battle about that at MGM.

Old Fan
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 05:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

But the Firefly movie - Serenity - went to DVD soon after the threatre release - to get those fans who missed it or who wanted to see it again but weren't willing to pay for another ticket (i.e. single viewing) That way they could see it many more times when and where they chose - and the studio makes extra money. I'm not criticizing the move to DVDs (hey - no commercials - yet) but it just seems like a cheap way to play on fans emotions by dragging out the storyline - to what... years and years. Sorry, but that s_ _ _s. I suppose I'll get the DVDs, but I'm not looking forward to them as I used to every week for the first 8 years of the show.

To me, the show really ended at the end of season 8 with the departure of RDA, and most of the rest of the more interesting recurring cast (Janet Fraiser (ok, she was gone in 7, but I totally dislike Dr. Lam), Rya'c, Jacob Carter, Harry Mayborne, The Asgard, other Goa'uld besides Baal, other Tok'ra, etc... (don't get me started). I wonder how long Bra'tac will be around. Common... these actors must have other committments.

sad.gif jeep.gif

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 01:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

To me, the show really ended at the end of season 8 with the departure of RDA, and most of the rest of the more interesting recurring cast (Janet Fraiser (ok, she was gone in 7, but I totally dislike Dr. Lam), Rya'c, Jacob Carter, Harry Mayborne, The Asgard, other Goa'uld besides Baal, other Tok'ra, etc... (don't get me started).

I here ya! I totally agree Old Fan! Here in The Netherlands we're always running behind with TV shows. At first the series wasn't aired in chronological order so I didn't like watching it.
Now that I've FINALLY gotten into SG-1, they start S9. It stinks really! I don't like Mitchell and Vala is way over the top!

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 01:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Theres another question in this, which hasn't been touched yet...

Why would RDA agree to be downplayed like this and work in a "straight to DVD" movie? Surely he must have some power he could wield as executive producer of the show to push for his big chance at the silver screen.

I guess its possible that he doesn't actually want to do any major movie productions... which pretty much destroys any hopes of ever seeing him in a MacGyver movie.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 03:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I realy don't think he'll ever do a MacGyver movie again. MacGyver is a chapter that he closed long time ago.
He only made one exeption for the Mastercard commercial... sad.gif

MacGirl
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 09:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

I agree with that. He's said many times that he's not interested in "revisiting" old projects. Too bad.

Cool, though, that he's in this SG-1 flick. Maybe this will also lead to him doing occasional guest appearances in current TV shows. You never know...

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Is he working in the film in the capacity of executive producer (along with Michael Greenberg/Gekko Films) AND as actor or JUST acting in it? I understand that Brad Wright is the Producer... and Martin Wood the Director. I didn't think he had much to say about anything SG-1 any more... just there sort of as a guest...

unsure.gif jeep.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Thief of Budapest

What is SG-1? Is it an old show or still currently on? I tried to google SG1 with no luck.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Devon636 @ 20 March 2007 - 07:37 AM)
What is SG-1? Is it an old show or still currently on? I tried to google SG1 with no luck.

blink.gif *tries to sheild Devon from others*

Stargate SG-1

Now run and hide. wink.gif

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

OH

MY

GOD?!?!

You don't know what Stargate SG-1 (SG-1)?

doh.gif

*tries to sheild Devon from others*

Stargate SG-1

Now run and hide. 

Hehehe, RUN DEVON RUN!!!! roller.gif

Just kidding, SG-1 is a sci-fi show that aired for over 10 years with RDA in the lead.

Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 20 March 2007 - 07:48 AM)

blink.gif *tries to sheild Devon from others*

Stargate SG-1

Now run and hide. wink.gif

Nymphie keep sheilding me! I sense rotten tomatoes will be thrown! I could just dodge them but in my ignorance I know I deserve them! tongue.gif But I'm not totally ignorant- I know RDA's in it! harhar.gif harhar.gif But seriuosly is it science fiction? Like Star trak? I don't know much science fiction but I do like that show "Medium" which is kind of like that.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 12:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Don't worry Devon, I ran out of tomatoes. I do have some eggs left if you like those happy.gif

Well, it's SCIENCE fiction. It's a combo between sci-fi and science (as the gate trave;lling is quantum physics related)

Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 12:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 20 March 2007 - 08:09 AM)

Hehehe, RUN DEVON RUN!!!! roller.gif

Just kidding, SG-1 is a sci-fi show that aired for over 10 years with RDA in the lead.

Is it kind of MacGyvery or if I watch it will it just make me sad and wistful and want the real MacGyver? I guess I've been more into the MacGyver character and haven't followed RDA that much even though I do love him. If I can find the DVD's at the store maybe I will have to check it out. OK y'all, I'm lacing up my Adidas wind runners even now as we speak! laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 12:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

I'm such a slow typer you all answer my questions even before I'm done typing! And throw popcorn balls at me - I'm starving!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 12:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

I recommend to try it, Devon. Especially the earlier seasons. There is a lot of humor in it.

This is said by someone that never was into Sci-Fi before but learned to love "Stargate" really quickly.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 12:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

I think I'm gonna try it- anything with RDA can't be that bad! tongue.gif Who likes MacGyver better than SG1 and who likes SG1 better than MacG? Or does everyone love them like children - equally but in different ways. I can't imagine anything I would like better than MacGyver not even Scrubs.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

I think I like it equally. Can't say which one is better. There are a lot of differences, in SG are weapons and killings and action and these are some of the reasons some at MOL don't like it since it is so much different than MacGyver. I can understand that.

But these are not the things why I like watching it either, and of course it is not only about this. It's only a small part of it.

I like the relationships between the characters, and, as I said, the humor. Since a lot of it comes from RDA himself it is like the humor in "MacGyver", I'd say.

And you can have great discussions about whether or not the things they do are right or wrong because often enough I think both, Jack and Daniel also, are right, in their way, and there is no black or white, you just have to try to do the right thing, and they also learn from each other and try to see their point of view..

I think it is a very realistic series.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 01:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

I caught the "I love RDA" bug by watching 'Stargate SG-1'. After about seven seasons of loving Jack O'Neill, I bought the first season of 'MacGyver' because I heard that RDA was in it as the primary character (yes, I lived in a hole all through the '80s and never watched an episode of Mac)

Very very soon I had all the seasons that were available. I adore both 'SG-1' and 'MacGyver', and I highly recommmend both series to anyone. 'Legend', too, if you can get it.

I have a copy now of nearly everything RDA's appeared it... fought, bit, begged, and scratched for some of them... and I'll eagerly collect anything else he does.

Yes, I am a bona fide Ricky-Dean Nutcase! biggrin.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 02:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

MacGyver will always be my first and worst love.

Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 02:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 20 March 2007 - 10:07 AM)
I caught the "I love RDA" bug by watching 'Stargate SG-1'. After about seven seasons of loving Jack O'Neill, I bought the first season of 'MacGyver' because I heard that RDA was in it as the primary character (yes, I lived in a hole all through the '80s and never watched an episode of Mac)

Yes, I am a bona fide Ricky-Dean Nutcase! biggrin.gif

That is so funny because I grew up with Mac but was apparently deprived of SG1! And I love how you wrote "Ricky Dean nutcase"! I'm just a plain old nutcase sad.gif Garden variety. Astra you wrote that the main characters are Jack and Daniel??? Jack Daniel's anyone?Is that an intentional joke by the show? That's awesome! biggrin.gif You girls are just all so fun. (oopsie were there any guys in this thread? If so then girls AND boys) I just got a new computer put in my house today so I've been in my PJ's having fun at MOL and avoiding real life responsibilities. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll