Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
MacGyver Online Forums > General Reboot Discussions > Season 1 dvd


Posted by: Macgyver12186 12 May 2017 - 05:54 AM
any thoughts of when the first season will be released on dvd biggrin.gif

Posted by: MacGyverGod 12 May 2017 - 07:13 AM
January 25th 2005. laugh.gif

Posted by: Barry Rowland 12 May 2017 - 12:19 PM
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif biggrin.gif

Posted by: denizen 13 May 2017 - 10:00 PM
Yup. biggrin.gif

I assume you're referring to MacGyver 2016. If that is the case, a release date hasn't been set as of yet. Keep stalking the forum for updates when they become available

Posted by: Jediferret 14 May 2017 - 07:36 AM
If it's anything like other shows I watch. DVDs tend to be released shortly before the new season starts. But, that's not all shows. I would assume it'll be up on Netflix by September... maybe, but don't quote me on that.

Posted by: denizen 14 May 2017 - 08:37 PM
I would assume around that time to

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 5 July 2017 - 03:26 PM
While "Hawaii Five-0" and other Fall 2016 shows (e.g. Lethal Weapon) have already release dates for the DVD, there are no news yet on the reboot.

For H50 (which is also a CBS show), it's September 5: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hawaii-Five-0-Season-7/23341

So I guess it's possible that MacGyver will have the same release date?

Posted by: denizen 5 July 2017 - 08:08 PM
I have looked this up myself but as you say, there is no release date as yet. Soon hear something soon.

Posted by: Jediferret 10 July 2017 - 04:40 PM
I'm surprised the show hasn't returned to Netflix yet. O_o Anyway, yeah, it's on Amazon Prime. I've been watching it on there the past week or so. lol

Posted by: denizen 14 July 2017 - 02:38 AM
At last! Some news for the MacGyver season 1 DVD collection.
user posted image
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Macgyver-Season-DVD-Lucas-Till/dp/B071J2F8BD/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500028565&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=macgyver+final
Release date: September 11 2017
Price: 19.99
Amazon UK
Already up for pre-order but no Blu Ray link showing yet


Posted by: DashboardOnFire 18 July 2017 - 12:43 AM
Thanks for the Link, Denizen! There's nothing up on the American or German Amazon sites, yet although you can already preorder other TV shows that started airing at the same time (e.g. "Lethal Weapon" or "Hawaii Five-0").

I really want to know what the DVD Extras are going to be.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 13 August 2017 - 05:02 AM
I think it's a bit weird that there are still no news about the DVD-Release in the US.

Also, I'm not so sure about the DVD-Release in Germany because they skipped 3 episodes in total (11, 16 and 19). Don't know if they release the DVD if not all the episodes have aired yet.

Posted by: Jediferret 13 August 2017 - 09:15 AM
It is kinda odd... but, to be honest,the show doesn't have a lot of re-watch value. I've seen it once, and have no desire to re-watch any of the episodes. They may not have seen much market in a DVD release here, at least at this time.

Also, they may have felt that a release on Sept. 11th here in the US was just in bad taste.

Of course, that is just speculation because neither reason has stopped other things from being released. *shrugs*

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 13 August 2017 - 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 13 August 2017 - 07:15 PM)
Also, they may have felt that a release on Sept. 11th here in the US was just in bad taste.

Oh, I never expected them to release the DVD on 9/11.

But the Release Date for "Hawaii Five-0" is on September 5. Both shows are by CBS / Peter Lenkov and started on the same day, so I think it's a bit weird...

Lucas said back in April in an interview that he just approved the Gag Reel, so they are working on it.. unless they're still doing extras (e.g. audio commentaries and stuff).

Lucas and George also have to voice their characters for that CBS-Michael-Jackson-Halloween-Special, so time might be an issue...

Posted by: denizen 13 August 2017 - 09:13 PM
More so, where is the Blu Ray release?

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 14 August 2017 - 01:18 PM
QUOTE (denizen @ 14 August 2017 - 07:13 AM)
More so, where is the Blu Ray release?

True.

I don't have any BluRay's, so I always forget about them ;-)

Posted by: denizen 14 August 2017 - 08:10 PM
But with the general populace already moving onto 4K you have to wonder what they are thinking. doh.gif

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 15 August 2017 - 08:27 AM
Do DVDs and BluRays for TV shows ALWAYS have the same release dates? Because I know that sometimes, BluRays for movies are released later then the DVD versions - e.g. for Deluxe Editions, but sometimes also for the "normal" versions.

Posted by: MacGyver85 15 August 2017 - 04:43 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 14 August 2017 - 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (denizen @ 14 August 2017 - 07:13 AM)
More so, where is the Blu Ray release?

True.

I don't have any BluRay's, so I always forget about them ;-)

SAME!!! I always forget about Blu-ray!

Posted by: denizen 15 August 2017 - 08:06 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 15 August 2017 - 06:27 PM)
Do DVDs and BluRays for TV shows ALWAYS have the same release dates? Because I know that sometimes, BluRays for movies are released later then the DVD versions - e.g. for Deluxe Editions, but sometimes also for the "normal" versions.

Not necessarily. Only if it is a special edition or something like that. But even so, there would be a standard BD release. This one doesnt.

Posted by: denizen 16 August 2017 - 08:19 PM
Amazon UK have now removed the pre-order option from this title as currently unavailable. I dont think they have a set date for release yet or any other confirmation at this stage.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 16 August 2017 - 09:36 PM
Hm. It's still 6 weeks until the Season 2 Premiere. I think it would have make sense to release Season 1 in September as well, whith all the Season 2 Promo going on next month.

Maybe it also depends how long it will be accessible on Streaming sites and/or on CBS All Access.

Posted by: Jediferret 19 August 2017 - 06:26 AM
I don't watch enough television to really keep up with when things are released. Most shows I know get released on Netflix about the time a new season starts. So if it shows up in September, with a DVD/Blu Ray release date, than that wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't buy physical disks anymore. Why, when you can go digital? Original MacGyver and Stargate are the only shows I'm looking to buy physical disks for. Preferably on Blu-Ray. After that, I'm done. lol

*sighs and holds up coffee cup* And so my watch begins...

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 27 August 2017 - 04:42 AM
Ugh. The official social media sites for MacGyver On CBS still have like the worst "fandom service".

People keep asking about the DVD release, sometimes resort to ask the producers on Twitter and their questions never get answered. The questions keep coming because CBS is promoting their September DVD Release dates, e.g. for "Hawaii Five-0" (September 5th).

"Blue Bloods" is already out (it premiered on the same day as H50 and MacGyver), so of course people keep asking. They could at least reply that there's no official release date yet.

Posted by: Jediferret 27 August 2017 - 04:59 AM
That doesn't surprise me really. CBS is going to squeeze as much money as they can out of people. If they don't think they can profit from releasing DVD's, then they're force viewers to buy their online service. The fact MacGyver isn't back on Netflix proves that CBS are a bunch of jerks.

But, to be fair, most networks are pretty much the same. Except The CW. The CW is awesome.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 11 September 2017 - 11:37 AM
Apparently, the DVD is out today - but only in the UK, I think.

Here's the post by Justin Hires: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY6YNy7hhyW/

Posted by: denizen 11 September 2017 - 08:00 PM
Yup. It's the same one they advertised on Amazon UK. Looks like its back in stock again for 20 quid. But wheres the Blu Ray? So odd.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 12 September 2017 - 08:30 AM
Australian H50-Fans were so nice to upload the BtS video of the Crossover Episode that's on the DVD.


Posted by: Barry Rowland 12 September 2017 - 12:28 PM
I'd love to see it here!! I've only seen bits and pieces of season 1, courtesy mostly to Dash's posts. I have a feeling it might be a bit here.

Posted by: MiracleMac 12 September 2017 - 01:26 PM
Little joke...if they would have shot that in standard definition resolution, it wouldn't have mattered because the DVD version is anyway in SD. Only original quality thing what we get is 16:9 aspect ratio and Dolby Digital sound, DVD supports those.
Was the broadcasting in SD or HD?

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 12 September 2017 - 02:00 PM
Don't know much about these things, but I think Amazon (US) states that the Episodes are HD. And I think the German TV version was broadcast in HD as well.

Not sure if this is something CBS does regularly, but the 7th seasons of "Hawaii Five-O" (released on September 5) and "Blue Bloods" are also only listed available as DVD.

Maybe they'll release the BluRays later? Other networks have released their 2016 shows on BluRay; e.g. "Lethal Weapon".

Posted by: denizen 12 September 2017 - 08:14 PM
People are already moving onto 4K which is the forthcoming standard. So its insane they would release a new show on DVD only and also only in the UK. doh.gif

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 13 September 2017 - 01:51 AM
There's no market in blu-ray other than the niche of TV and movie enthusiasts. It's lost the fight against streaming video because it didn't' get a chance to become the established standard before streaming took over.

DVD on the other hand was the established market before streaming hit so it's been able to hold on simply because most people already had (and still own) a DVD player which is why we're still seeing everything released on it.


Posted by: DashboardOnFire 16 September 2017 - 03:38 PM
A closer look at the UK DVD Version - not much surprises there: http://www.dvdhall.com/macgyver-season-1-uk-region

The Extras are listed as following:
> MakingOf of the Pilot
> Watch Magazine Photo Shoot
> Interview with Prop Master Kate Guanci (I think we've seen that on YouTube already)
> Deleted Scenes
> Gag Reel

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 16 September 2017 - 03:44 PM
Uhm. They describe MacGyver as an "eccentric" Genius. That's not how I would describe him, but whatever floats your boat, I guess tongue.gif

Posted by: denizen 17 September 2017 - 07:59 PM
Looks rather cheap IMO. No box-set. No limited edition sleeve, nothing. And of course. No Blu Ray.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 18 September 2017 - 12:03 PM
It's pretty much the same package as other "newer" DVD Box Sets I have; e.g. "Hawaii Five-0" or "Lie to me".

Would have loved to have an audio commentary on it, but I don't think many shows do that anymore...

Posted by: denizen 18 September 2017 - 08:03 PM
On the contrary lots of them do. I have loads of box sets and seasons of TV shows and packaging alone is far superior. Game of Thrones, 11/22/63, Narcos, Better Call Saul.

Also UK is the only place that is selling it. DVD is very popular even in South Africa yet MacGyver was not released here either and was well received here.

Maybe its a CBS thing. But even so, one would have expected more for a show they invested so much in. Just sayin....whistle.gif

Posted by: MacGyverGod 19 September 2017 - 02:06 AM
I rather have it like that, than not at all. Besides my season 5 and 6 boxset once stuck together and now they're slightly damaged. Covers with plastic cases might prevent that.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 18 October 2017 - 02:08 PM
I never realized this before someone else pointed it out on the "Phoenix Foundation Podcast" Facebook Page: They erased the American Flag on the Parachute.

I'm curious if this was only done for the UK and Australia Release or if this will be done for the US version as well (if they ever release one).

Posted by: Roaddawg71 4 November 2017 - 05:19 PM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 13 September 2017 - 01:51 AM)
There's no market in blu-ray other than the niche of TV and movie enthusiasts. It's lost the fight against streaming video because it didn't' get a chance to become the established standard before streaming took over.

DVD on the other hand was the established market before streaming hit so it's been able to hold on simply because most people already had (and still own) a DVD player which is why we're still seeing everything released on it.

So has it (or will it) be released on DVD in America?

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 4 November 2017 - 07:55 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 19 October 2017 - 10:08 AM)
I never realized this before someone else pointed it out on the "Phoenix Foundation Podcast" Facebook Page: They erased the American Flag on the Parachute.

I'm curious if this was only done for the UK and Australia Release or if this will be done for the US version as well (if they ever release one).

Interesting observation.

I guess it makes the show more international rather than so blatantly American and therefore more likely to be watched.

Makes me wonder if it was in response to more anti-American stances coming through since Trump started annoying the rest of the world? laugh.gif




Posted by: DashboardOnFire 5 November 2017 - 02:27 AM
QUOTE (Roaddawg71 @ 5 November 2017 - 03:19 AM)
So has it (or will it) be released on DVD in America?

It hasn't been released in America yet, only in Australia and the UK (as far as I know).

People keep asking on the official show sites on Twitter and Facebook, but no one ever answers them. As a non-American, I don't know which are the most reliable websites for DVD-release-announcements, but so far I couldn't find that a date has been set.

It seems that CBS is trying to get people to watch the show on CBS All Access and it's a bit puzzling that the only other show treated like that is "Star Trek Discovery". Will be interesting to see if they're going to do that with their new shows (e.g. "Seal Team" or "SWAT") as well.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 6 November 2017 - 02:06 PM
Looks like the DVD is available in Denmark as well: https://www.gucca.dk/macgyver-saeson-1-2016-dvd-p385184

There's a better look at the backside of the DVD case.

Posted by: MiracleMac 4 December 2017 - 09:06 AM
Translation from Finnish:

A new version of the classic series is the most exciting novelty series in television. Follow the unique genius Angus "Mac" MacGyver, who is saving lives with his special problem-solving skills, the former CIA agent Jack Dalton, hardcore computer hacker Riley Davis, and desperate film director (and Mac's best friend) Wilt Bozer.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 6 December 2017 - 04:26 AM
QUOTE (MiracleMac @ 4 December 2017 - 07:06 PM)
Translation from Finnish:

A new version of the classic series is the most exciting novelty series in television. Follow the unique genius Angus "Mac" MacGyver, who is saving lives with his special problem-solving skills, the former CIA agent Jack Dalton, hardcore computer hacker Riley Davis, and desperate film director (and Mac's best friend) Wilt Bozer.

Thank you!

Just realized the DVD is Code 2; I could watch that here as well ;-)

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 15 December 2017 - 05:27 AM
Still perplexed that they didn't release the DVD in the US before Christmas. Guess they don't need that money, then...

Posted by: Dragondog 15 December 2017 - 06:51 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 6 December 2017 - 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (MiracleMac @ 4 December 2017 - 07:06 PM)
Translation from Finnish:

A new version of the classic series is the most exciting novelty series in television. Follow the unique genius Angus "Mac" MacGyver, who is saving lives with his special problem-solving skills, the former CIA agent Jack Dalton, hardcore computer hacker Riley Davis, and desperate film director (and Mac's best friend) Wilt Bozer.

Thank you!

Just realized the DVD is Code 2; I could watch that here as well ;-)

Is there a way for someone in a code 1 region to watch a code 2 dvd? Like, if I bought a dvd player from that region, would I be able to watch the MacGyver dvds where I live?
If you can watch the dvd in your area, any chance you might be able to post info about the gag reel? whistle.gif I've been going crazy wanting to see it, but havn't seen any posts about it. Assuming those kinds of posts aren't illegal or anything (I know nothing about this stuff blush.gif )

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 16 December 2017 - 12:28 AM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 16 December 2017 - 04:51 AM)
Is there a way for someone in a code 1 region to watch a code 2 dvd? Like, if I bought a dvd player from that region, would I be able to watch the MacGyver dvds where I live?

The first DVD player my dad had was "code free". So it plays every type of DVD. (Of course, my dad never used it because he doesn't understand any language besides German.)

I bought some DVDs in Canada and was able to watch them on his DVD player. I know some older, region-locked models actually had a button to "unlock" it, so maybe you should check out your DVD/BluRay-Player first. (I'm assuming most players are imported from Asia anyway; so there's no point making them region-locked.)


It was different on my laptop I had at that time because it only allowed me to change my region 2 times (I had to choose my preferred region the first time I watched a DVD).

Not sure if any of this changed (my laptop is pretty old, after all) or if it's different with "non-Windows-products". But I'm sure a computer-savy person could probably hack or re-program this function as well. There might be programs online to unlock a computer; but I don't have a clue if that's legal or not.

I also don't know if BluRay-Players are different in that regard. I have my mom's old BluRay-Player and never checked if my DVDs from Canada would play; so I don't know if it's region-locked or not.

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 16 December 2017 - 01:14 AM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 16 December 2017 - 02:51 PM)
Is there a way for someone in a code 1 region to watch a code 2 dvd?


Yes. Google search "how to unlock [insert your DVD's make and model here] region code"

Posted by: Dragondog 16 December 2017 - 08:29 AM
Thanks Guys wink.gif I'll check that out.
I can't help but get the feeling CBS just wants people to pay them monthly instead of purchase their DVDs dry.gif If there were a ton of CBS shows I liked, and didn't have any on dvd, then the monthly bill would probably be worth it. It's pretty much just MacGyver for me, though happy.gif

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 18 December 2017 - 01:26 PM
Rejoice - we have a US DVD Release date for the MacGyver Reboot! Wohoooo! (February 27th)

via http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/23875


Not much info about what's included; but I guess it won't be that different from the UK version. The cover is the same.


MacGyver - DVD Date, Price, Packaging for 'Season 1' of the 2016 Reboot
Lionsgate is bringing the new show to stores at the end of February

(...)

This morning Lionsgate Entertainment informed retailers that the new series is coming to DVD on February 27th with a 5-disc set of MacGyver - Season 1. It's priced at just $29.98 SRP, we're informed, and we've got a look at the packaging for you below. Extras, if any, haven't been revealed, and at this time there's no word of a Blu-ray version. Stay tuned and we'll update you, if any further information comes along!

Posted by: Dragondog 18 December 2017 - 02:59 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 18 December 2017 - 03:26 PM)
Rejoice - we have a US DVD Release date for the MacGyver Reboot! Wohoooo! (February 27th)

via http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/23875


Not much info about what's included; but I guess it won't be that different from the UK version. The cover is the same.


MacGyver - DVD Date, Price, Packaging for 'Season 1' of the 2016 Reboot
Lionsgate is bringing the new show to stores at the end of February

(...)

This morning Lionsgate Entertainment informed retailers that the new series is coming to DVD on February 27th with a 5-disc set of MacGyver - Season 1. It's priced at just $29.98 SRP, we're informed, and we've got a look at the packaging for you below. Extras, if any, haven't been revealed, and at this time there's no word of a Blu-ray version. Stay tuned and we'll update you, if any further information comes along!

460.gif clapping.gif notworthy.gif party.gif word1.png jump.gif partyblow.gif happy_dance.gif
FINALLY!

Posted by: cathyrules 19 December 2017 - 02:51 PM
OMG!!! That is such great news! I have been trying to find out when they were releasing season 1 for so long!! CBS would not answer me. I am so excited! I am an "old school" type gal and don't stream shows. Gotta have my DVD!! happy_dance.gif thumbup.gif 460.gif

Cathy

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 22 December 2017 - 05:00 AM
QUOTE (cathyrules @ 20 December 2017 - 12:51 AM)
I am an "old school" type gal and don't stream shows. Gotta have my DVD!! happy_dance.gif thumbup.gif 460.gif

I don't stream any shows, either. Until last December, I still had an ancient TV (tube tv?) and no wireless internet.

In Switzerland, sites like Amazon Prime and Netflix weren't available until a few years ago and they don't have the same library as Germany. The MacGyver Reboot is only available on Amazon Germany, for example although we have free access to the German TV channel on which it aired.

I am in the lucky position that downloading/streaming is not illegal in my country, but I prefer DVDs when I love a TV show. I also love to lend my DVDs to close friends and family so they get addicted, too tongue.gif . My mother and my sister have other TV shows they watch regularly, and we usually exchange DVD with each other.

Posted by: cathyrules 22 December 2017 - 08:12 AM
DashboardOnFire - I totally agree with you!! biggrin.gif

Cathy

Posted by: Makoto 9 January 2018 - 12:50 AM
I bought macgyver dvd season1 laugh.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sHvOWXUrJM

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 9 January 2018 - 12:07 PM
QUOTE (Makoto @ 9 January 2018 - 10:50 AM)
I bought macgyver dvd season1 laugh.gif

Ah? That's fast, I thought they just had the premiere a few months ago...

Posted by: Dragondog 1 February 2018 - 05:08 PM
Amazon now has MacGyver season 1 available for pre-order for those who don't know.

Posted by: Dragondog 28 February 2018 - 11:07 AM
I got this as soon as it came out yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think it has any bonus features. Thank you, CBS, for short-changing us again. mad.gif

Still, it's better than not having the episodes at all. wink.gif

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 28 February 2018 - 11:52 AM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 1 March 2018 - 07:07 AM)
I got this as soon as it came out yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think it has any bonus features. Thank you, CBS, for short-changing us again. mad.gif



user posted image

Posted by: Dragondog 28 February 2018 - 11:54 AM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 28 February 2018 - 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 1 March 2018 - 07:07 AM)
I got this as soon as it came out yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think it has any bonus features. Thank you, CBS, for short-changing us again. mad.gif


user posted image

Well, my copy doesn't have that. I'm not sure if it's exclusive to foreign releases, or what.

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 28 February 2018 - 11:59 AM
Really???!!

They will be on disc 5 (last disc) if there are any.

Any chance you can take pictures of the back of the cover?


Posted by: Dragondog 28 February 2018 - 12:37 PM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 28 February 2018 - 01:59 PM)
Really???!!

They will be on disc 5 (last disc) if there are any.

Any chance you can take pictures of the back of the cover?

I can try a little later. My copy doesn't have any advertised on the back. If there are bonus features, they're not listed.

I'm kinda hoping that if I pop the disc in, they'll be on the menu, even if they're not listed. I might try that.

Posted by: MacsMinx 28 February 2018 - 08:16 PM
I missed a lot of episodes, so I was really happy they decided to release it. I'm going through them now. smile.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 1 March 2018 - 11:16 AM
QUOTE (MacsMinx @ 28 February 2018 - 10:16 PM)
I missed a lot of episodes, so I was really happy they decided to release it. I'm going through them now. smile.gif

Yeah, I hope they release season 2 much faster than season 1, bonus features or not! dry.gif

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 2 March 2018 - 01:45 AM
I'm so annoyed that CBS would show so little respect to the fans!

If I say what I feel like saying right now I'd have to ban myself.


Posted by: Dragondog 2 March 2018 - 12:04 PM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 2 March 2018 - 03:45 AM)
I'm so annoyed that CBS would show so little respect to the fans!

If I say what I feel like saying right now I'd have to ban myself.

I know, right?!

I wish someone else was distributing the dvds, because half of me is like, "Let's support CBS so they can keep airing cool shows like MacGyver!" But the other half is going, "Let's boycott CBS until they learn to treat their fans right!"

Posted by: Jediferret 2 March 2018 - 01:03 PM
I'm not a huge fan of CBS. Since I've been a fan of MacGyver, I know they only care about their own bottom line... the fact they shut down RDA's MacGyver display for charity pretty much proved that.

The reboot is entertaining, but in comparison, just feels like a soulless cash grab. There's zero depth to it.

The sole reason I'm a fan of MacGyver at all is because the original gave a damn. So the fact that CBS screwed over the US release doesn't surprise me, and I have no desire to spend money on a DVD I don't want.

Better yet, why doesn't CBS give us an HD version of the original? That would be fantastic! They won't though... because CBS sucks...

MacOnline - Most of us are holding back... I know I am. I keep wondering when I'll eventually cross the line and get myself in trouble. XD It's inevitable.

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 2 March 2018 - 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 March 2018 - 09:03 AM)
the fact they shut down RDA's MacGyver display for charity pretty much proved that.

Not sure I've heard about this.... details please?


Posted by: Jediferret 2 March 2018 - 06:14 PM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 2 March 2018 - 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 March 2018 - 09:03 AM)
the fact they shut down RDA's MacGyver display for charity pretty much proved that.

Not sure I've heard about this.... details please?

I may have poorly worded that, but it was that MacGyver display from a couple of years back that you could buy from Legends, and the proceeds when to various charities RDA supported. CBS shut it down because of copy rights...

There was a thread on here from a while ago, but I can't seem to find it now... O_o

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 2 March 2018 - 07:03 PM
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 March 2018 - 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 2 March 2018 - 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 March 2018 - 09:03 AM)
the fact they shut down RDA's MacGyver display for charity pretty much proved that.

Not sure I've heard about this.... details please?

I may have poorly worded that, but it was that MacGyver display from a couple of years back that you could buy from Legends, and the proceeds when to various charities RDA supported. CBS shut it down because of copy rights...

Oh yes. They did. http://www.macgyveronline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8263&view=findpost&p=1000076752


QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 March 2018 - 09:03 AM)
the fact they shut down RDA's MacGyver display for charity pretty much proved that.

Not sure I've heard about this.... details please?

QUOTE (Jediferret)
I know they only care about their own bottom line


QUOTE (Jediferret)
So the fact that CBS screwed over the US release doesn't surprise me


Yes it's a continuation of how they treated the original series too, so I shouldn't really be surprised. They had no respect for the show back then and still clearly have none now.


Posted by: Jediferret 3 March 2018 - 08:09 AM
Weird... the link says I don't have permission to view the topic. lol

I've noticed that attitude from CBS though. That's okay... they can keep it up and I'll just boycott them. I'm not a stranger to boycotting companies that I feel have terrible ethics. lol

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 3 March 2018 - 02:21 PM
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 4 March 2018 - 04:09 AM)
Weird... the link says I don't have permission to view the topic. lol

Oops. Fixed now. Everyone should be able to see it again.


Posted by: Dragondog 3 March 2018 - 05:11 PM
I doubt this is necessary, but here's the back of my dvd box.

Posted by: Dragondog 3 March 2018 - 05:14 PM
I honestly have no clue why CBS wouldn't include special features in the U.S. blink.gif It's not like they didn't release them in other countries. And why did they wait so long to release he dvd in the first place? blowup.gif

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 4 March 2018 - 12:53 AM
Yep that really sucks.

Do the discs have episodes printed on them or is there a booklet or something to find episodes quickly?


Posted by: Dragondog 4 March 2018 - 07:34 AM
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 4 March 2018 - 02:53 AM)
Yep that really sucks.

Do the discs have episodes printed on them or is there a booklet or something to find episodes quickly?

Nope. Not. Even. That. headbutt.gif

Posted by: MacGyverOnline 5 March 2018 - 12:58 AM
surprise.gif

blowup.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 5 March 2018 - 09:55 AM
I was just thinking last night... If the only difference between the U.K. and U.S. releases was the region coding, wouldn't coding the dvds be the only thing they had to do? I don't know much about this stuff, but wouldn't they have to go to a lot of trouble to remove all the bonus features and stuff? It DID come out several months after the U.K. release. Did they really go to this much trouble just to screw-over their U.S. fans? blink.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 5 March 2018 - 10:09 AM
From what I heard, PBS sucks with their dvd releases too, cropping out scenes, to get people to subscribe to their website to watch the episodes uncut. I haven't tried watching any MacGyver episodes yet, so I can't say if CBS did any cutting. blink.gif

Ever notice that both CBS and PBS end with "B.S."? unsure.gif (Please don't hurt me).

Posted by: Dragondog 5 March 2018 - 12:57 PM
How can I add a GIF in here anyway?

Posted by: denizen 5 March 2018 - 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 5 March 2018 - 10:57 PM)
How can I add a GIF in here anyway?

Gifs can be added in the same way you upload a picture or use its URL.

Posted by: Dragondog 6 March 2018 - 08:03 AM
QUOTE (denizen @ 5 March 2018 - 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 5 March 2018 - 10:57 PM)
How can I add a GIF in here anyway?

Gifs can be added in the same way you upload a picture or use its URL.

I've been trying to, but it doesn't seem to be working when I use the method I normally use, and I have no idea how to access the URL. huh.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 6 March 2018 - 08:04 AM
Forget it, I got it. Actually, I can't tell if it got uploaded as a GIF or a still image, but I don't care.

My point is, CBS is like:

Posted by: cathyrules 17 March 2018 - 01:23 PM
I know that it has probably been said but I have to say it. We waited so long for the season 1 DVD and it is a pretty poor excuse for a DVD. No extras. Nothing. Why would a show that films in the US not release the good version of the DVD in the US? And why would it release in other countries first? I hope they do a much better job on the season 2 DVD. I wish there was somewhere to give feedback that CBS actually paid attention to.

Cathy blink.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 17 March 2018 - 03:46 PM
QUOTE (cathyrules @ 17 March 2018 - 04:23 PM)
I know that it has probably been said but I have to say it. We waited so long for the season 1 DVD and it is a pretty poor excuse for a DVD. No extras. Nothing. Why would a show that films in the US not release the good version of the DVD in the US? And why would it release in other countries first? I hope they do a much better job on the season 2 DVD. I wish there was somewhere to give feedback that CBS actually paid attention to.

Cathy blink.gif

Believe me, Cath, they'd better release season 2 differently, or else.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 17 March 2018 - 04:09 PM
Funny thing is: they're already doing interviews for the season 2 extras blink.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 17 March 2018 - 04:21 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 17 March 2018 - 07:09 PM)
Funny thing is: they're already doing interviews for the season 2 extras blink.gif

Well then they'd better release them in the U.S., 'cause a lot of fans are pretty ticked off.

Though I still feel that having a DVD with no bonus features is better than no DVD at all.

Are you back now, Dash?

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 17 March 2018 - 04:44 PM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 March 2018 - 02:21 AM)
Are you back now, Dash?

At the airport. Flying back soon happy.gif

I'm used to German DVDs not having the same DVD extras. Hated that during my twilight fandom days...
But this is weird. At least they reduced the price for the US version but if there's no extras you don't really need to buy the DVD. You can just buy it as a digital version.
Maybe that's what they're banking on. Getting people to buy a CBS all access pass...

There's also still no release date for Germany. I'm curious if there will be extras or not.

Posted by: Jediferret 17 March 2018 - 05:24 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 17 March 2018 - 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 March 2018 - 02:21 AM)
Are you back now, Dash?

At the airport. Flying back soon happy.gif

Woohoo!!! Have a safe flight Dash!

Posted by: Dragondog 17 March 2018 - 05:46 PM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 17 March 2018 - 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 March 2018 - 02:21 AM)
Are you back now, Dash?

At the airport. Flying back soon happy.gif

I'm used to German DVDs not having the same DVD extras. Hated that during my twilight fandom days...
But this is weird. At least they reduced the price for the US version but if there's no extras you don't really need to buy the DVD. You can just buy it as a digital version.
Maybe that's what they're banking on. Getting people to buy a CBS all access pass...

There's also still no release date for Germany. I'm curious if there will be extras or not.

*hugs Dash* I'm glad to see you!

And if CBS is really still banking on people going All Access... WOULD THEY PLEASE STOP?!

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 17 March 2018 - 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 18 March 2018 - 03:24 AM)
Woohoo!!! Have a safe flight Dash!

Thanks happy.gif

About 30-hours journey though. So it will be a while blink.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 18 March 2018 - 07:00 AM
QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 17 March 2018 - 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 18 March 2018 - 03:24 AM)
Woohoo!!! Have a safe flight Dash!

Thanks happy.gif

About 30-hours journey though. So it will be a while blink.gif

Wow. I've only been on flights that lasted a couple of hours or so.

Found out on a trip to Seattle a few years ago that I don't really enjoy flying. I was white-knuckling the armrests the whole time. I can't imagine that for 30 hours, though I'm guessing you're better with flying than I am.

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 21 March 2018 - 02:53 AM
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 March 2018 - 03:46 AM)
And if CBS is really still banking on people going All Access... WOULD THEY PLEASE STOP?!

also, they're kinda doing it wrong. if they want people to get a pass, they maybe should release the extras exclusively on CBS All Access for the US fans... not pretend they don't exist laugh.gif

it's a shame what they're doing to the US peeps. just think about it: you're a cast member for MacGyver, but you can't even get your family a DVD with extras so they get a glimpse at the BtS videos as well - unless you import it from overseas. that's just wrong blink.gif

Posted by: Dragondog 19 September 2018 - 10:04 AM
Well, on Saturday I finished binge-watching this season, and as far as I can tell, despite the lack of bonus features, the episodes themselves are okay, with no scenes cut out. Better than nothing, I guess dry.gif

Posted by: DashboardOnFire 7 August 2019 - 03:28 AM
don't remember if I ever posted that in here - Japanese DVD Box cover (they sell the DVDs in 2 parts and then as a package).


Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)