DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat

oh I'm totally with you in that one tvero. I like all dogs more than I like most people. There's just so many people who don't have any idea about how to handle their own dog and it shows in their dogs behaviour but those people just don't care.

Well to make this thread a little more positive tell us what good happened to you today. I'm sure everyone can think of something. What I was actually going to show you folks before that dog attack took me of the track was this sunset. I was at the walk with my dog and we walked through a forest and ended up to a lake and there was such beautiful sunset. Little everyday things like that always makes you appreciate life and nature smile.gif We often make that same walk and it's always as beautiful but this time I actually had camera (=phone) with me and was able to take a pic.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 21 September 2014 - 04:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

And another pic. Sorry I don't know how to attach two files in a same post. And sorry for the poor quality

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 21 September 2014 - 04:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow Out
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I love sunsets ( an example of nature at its best I think )and the pictures are really beautiful.Thank you very much for sharing smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 21 September 2014 - 07:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

QUOTE (tvero @ 21 September 2014 - 02:51 AM)
I think this General talking topic has become "I've had a bad day"(Nikki,Blow Out) topic unfortunately.

You're right tvero, I was actually thinking twice that why I was have to tell the previous comment biggrin.gif

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 September 2014 - 08:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Well since my bad experience in a accident, heres some good news!

Looking for a new car. Have my eyes set on the Dodge Calibur. Any feedback? Objections? Praises?

I'm all ears! biggrin.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 10:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I wish I could help (I love cars) but I can't. I've never seen a Dodge Calibur before sad.gif and obviously don't know if it's a good car or not.Do you have French cars in South Africa?Are they popular (or not)?This is general talking ,here ,right? smile.gif i'm eager to learn.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 12:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Of course. Citroen, Renault. Dodge Caliber was actually discontinued so it wasnt a popular car but i still love it. You can always google the image.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

Thanks Joe. I hurt my ribs. Thankfully no fractures but hurts like hell.

Taking each day as it comes.

Those are some amazing shots!

Okay, that's good news considering the potentials of those happenings.

We call them 'creepers'. That is, those that creep or inch forward at intersections and in the hopes that they might save a second or two with some (dangerous) interplay of the brake and gas peddle ... when they should be at a complete stop until it's their turn to enter the intersection. These are almost always complete asses who would put a fellow motorist's life in danger to shave 30 seconds off their travel time. mad.gif

I always tell the kids just learning to drive to watch the front wheel of any car waiting at a crossroads or intersection for movement of any kind. Movement or inching means they(the vehicle doing the creeping) could potentially bolt at you at any time and to slow down (accordingly) should you notice this kind of vehicular behaviour.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 02:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

denizen what you're not going to buy MacGyver jeep? jeep.gif

It's snowing here. Guess it's time to accept the fact that summer is over and actually start to focus on my studies a little bit more.

PM                                                                     
Harry1982
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 02:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Episode:Passages

No snow here, biggrin.gif

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 03:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Mind if I come over? biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
Harry1982
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 05:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Episode:Passages

You're most welcome dear wink.gif

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 08:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 23 September 2014 - 09:38 AM)
Thanks Joe. I hurt my ribs. Thankfully no fractures but hurts like hell.

Taking each day as it comes.

Those are some amazing shots!

Okay, that's good news considering the potentials of those happenings.

We call them 'creepers'. That is, those that creep or inch forward at intersections and in the hopes that they might save a second or two with some (dangerous) interplay of the brake and gas peddle ... when they should be at a complete stop until it's their turn to enter the intersection. These are almost always complete asses who would put a fellow motorist's life in danger to shave 30 seconds off their travel time. mad.gif

I always tell the kids just learning to drive to watch the front wheel of any car waiting at a crossroads or intersection for movement of any kind. Movement or inching means they(the vehicle doing the creeping) could potentially bolt at you at any time and to slow down (accordingly) should you notice this kind of vehicular behaviour.

Thanks Joe. Yes. Bad indeed. My wife always asks me if I think she is a good driver. I keep telling her of course but she is not the problem. It's the ESP you have to attain against other drivers.

But driving for so many years, your guard is sometimes dropped and you don't expect it. Also found out that the other driver did not have insurance. Hence the reason he attempted to call me to shift the blame.

Good news though is that it is over and now I'm looking t buy a car.

Duckt tape, a Jeep is my DREAM CAR but at a 4l engine and the distance I travel it ain't such a good idea. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 08:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

QUOTE (tvero @ 23 September 2014 - 06:52 AM)
I wish I could help (I love cars) but I can't. I've never seen a Dodge Calibur before sad.gif and obviously don't know if it's a good car or not.Do you have French cars in South Africa?Are they popular (or not)?This is general talking ,here ,right? smile.gif i'm eager to learn.

Why yes, it so happens I can tell you about Caliburs. :-) My sister owns one, has had it for slightly over three years now. The first thing I noticed was it's much touted "seemless" shifting transmission is not so seemless. In fact you can feel/hear it shift the same as any other car. That's not big deal on it's own, neither is the terrible stereo which sounds like you're listing to the music from the other side of a wall, but you'll kinda wish you had a good stereo to drown out the road noise, howling tires, and hammering suspension noises.

Now I don't mind the roar of an engine and all of my cars have had custom high performance (loud) exhaust, but the racket this car makes isn't the kind you get excited about. It's annoying. Also annoying is how rough it rides and how it beats you up badly on long rides, especially if you're unfortunate enough to be sitting in the back seat. When you hit bumps, even light bumps, it sounds like jackhammers under the car, you feel it, and it is LOUD. You'd swear something was terribly wrong and about to break, but other people tell me theirs is the same way. They also make mysterious and alarming sounds in the front end at times that no one can figure out. Currently my sister's car makes frequent hard clunks, for which the dealer has no clue.

I honestly don't understand how people could test drive this car and still want to buy it. Do they think awful rough ride will somehow improve over time? If you do buy this car, invest in a seat pad and an aftermaket stereo to drowned out the noise.

Sorry for the rant. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 September 2014 - 08:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Not a all, Wheeljack. Thanks for the awesome feedback.

Yup I have read up about the noise and the uncomfortable experience, especially over a long drive.

I have also taken the Caliber for a test drive. I cannot say I experienced this. Maybe because of the model I drove? I am assuming whether you have the 2.4l or 2l or even the 1.8l might make a difference also due to the different customizations that the car improves upon. (Slight, I know, but its there).

My concern lies with the service expenses. And parts availability. Now that they have discontinued it, it might not pose a problem now, but definitely in the near future.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 09:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

They may have made some changes in the model year between what you drove and what my sister has, but I assure you her care rode worse than a farm wagon from day one, it's not just wear and tear. I think the fact they've been discontinued so fast is telling. As far as parts, I wouldn't worry that much, it very likely shares parts from other Chrysler vehicles - engine and a bunch of other junk - but I havn't researched it so I can't say for certain. I know the (dodge) engine and transmission in what I'm driving right now was used in tons of other models.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 09:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I think you know much better than I do,Wheeljack (with such a name...).
I saw the car on Google ,it's a 'nice' car(very feminine approach, isn't it?)
I read the comments from French people (3 were glad to own it one wasn't and gave a very bad mark.But thanks for letting me know this car existed smile.gif )
I think it's beautiful (I want to say that whenever I buy a car I buy magazines and compare before choosing biggrin.gif )

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 10:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

No problem! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 11:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Thanks.You're not that bad after all biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 06:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I'm amazed that people outside the US will buy US made cars, surprised that they're even sold in your countries for that matter. Over the years I've come to feel that US cars are a little behind in design, fit & finish. That being said, there are still a few I like.

denizen, I take it you think the 4L Jeep engine would guzzle fuel? I use to own a 8.2L Cadillac, the largest engine ever put in a production car. smile.gif It was going into my Chevy truck, but I couldn't afford to build it how I wanted at the time. Don't know what it would get for economy, I planned to drive it every day, though. tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 September 2014 - 09:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

In todays day and age fuel economy talks.

If i live up the road from where i work, then no problem. But that is not my case.

I love American cars. Ford, Dodge. Think they're great!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 24 September 2014 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I think French people are just 'followers'.I live in a town but still ,I see more and more big cars (SUVs,pick ups) people obviously don't need.So being in such a car is probably pretending/or imagining you live in the States,you're cool etc...(the usual clichés,you know but a bit late). I suppose some are true 'fans' though.
My cousin works as an accountant in a famous Italian make garage(F...).I recently saw that they sold Jeeps too. It's just a trend over here I think but I'm not sure it really works and they make a lot of money out of it.By the way the new Jeeps don't look like Mac's at all...and I don't know if they are good cars either.Wheeljack? smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 September 2014 - 10:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

As for me, I actually need the space. When we do shopping, we take up the whole car so having a spacious car is a bonus for me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 24 September 2014 - 11:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

You're right about the space.I totally agree.Whenever I bought a car I bought a bigger one. We need space ,the more space the better if we can afford it.It's just the type of car you buy which may be puzzling.The one you wanted to buy (and maybe will buy) doesn't look so 'American ' to me.But I think that over here, we(some people) buy an ' idealised ' 'fantasized' image of a car, more than a real car.I hope you can understand what I mean (did I give you a headache? I hope not. smile.gif ) If it's the case, I'm sorry.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 24 September 2014 - 12:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

jeep is my dream car also, surprise surprise biggrin.gif But I don't know much anything about cars so can't help you out there sad.gif

Well today was a day full of surprises. My granny called me. She never ever calls me. She hardly talks to me when we see each other and I've always thought that ether she just doesn't like me because I'm a girl or she just doesn't give a crap. And now she called just to make sure I'm ok. It felt kinda nice. A little weird but nice. I've always dreamed of having that kind of normal open relationship with grandparents that people usually seems to have. Spend time with them, talk with them, being able to be yourself with them and actually having a good time without being afraid. Well that probably won't ever happen but... this was somewhat special. She called and we talked about weather and school and my dog and it wasn't totally awkward. happy.gif
Second surprise: I got a packet from post that I wasn't expecting for at least a month yet. happy_dance.gif
And I surprised myself by wearing heel boots willingly without a reason. I even cycled with them and walked in public with them biggrin.gif (I hate heels and have wear them maybe 5 times in my whole life)

PM                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 26 September 2014 - 01:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:

My 2 cents on the "appropriate" car debate:
I can totally understand families buying vans in order to have enough space. I don't know about America, but here in Europe, most manufacturers have got different vans of various sizes to choose from, not just the typical American "A-Team"-style van. I never understood why people living in cities need SUVs or Jeeps of any kind. Sure, they argue that you can see much better from the elevated seating position, but come on: almost every other car is a SUV, so that advantage isn't really there any longer. Considering their economic specs of the real big ones (Porsche, BMW, VW, Audi - oops, all German....), these things are a disaster and I'm not even thinking about all the carbon dioxide they produce. Families with small children should think about their kids' future.

Friends of ours want to buy a BMW X3 now. What for? They don't live in the country, it's too huge to find appropriate parking spaces for it (here in Germany, parking bays still date from a time, when cars were smaller) and the trunk is too small for a car of that size. But they think of it as a kind of status symbol. An "ordinary" station wagon isn't sth. an engineer and doctor should be seen in.
I remember a neighbor with a VW Touareg, with a trunk so small you couldn't even fit a kennel for two large dogs into it.

Mac drove a Jeep because he considered it a tool, a machine to use. It fit his lifestyle, was rugged, durable (unless he crashed it) and made to conquer rough terrain. And he didn't mind the odd dent.

The funnies thing is: people driving large Jeeps and its knock-offs look down their noses at you for wearing cowboy boots in the city!

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 28 September 2014 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I was talking with my friend about how difficult it is to find a job and thought that I should check if there's any new job available where I live and I found a perfect sounding place. The deadline for sending applications was 28th September. I just made it 10 seconds before the deadline. I feel like I'd just defused a bomb laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 September 2014 - 03:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Any luck with the car choice Denizen? My sister also has a Dodge Caliber. She loves it. I wanted one myself, but couldn't afford it at the time. When it comes time to get a new car (fairly soon), I'm looking to get either the Wrangler or the Dodge Dart. I'm gonna miss having my truck because it's BIG and heavy. It sucks gas and is a rust bucket, but... its never failed.

In the job dept, I've been doing mostly temp work. I LOVE my current job right now because I can just walk there. Not only does it take less then five minutes to walk there, but it's fall now so the weather is perfect for it.

In other news, it looks like I might be moving... yet again. lol But, we'll see this time. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch just yet. tongue.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 September 2014 - 09:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hi Jedi!

Nope, still looking. wink.gif

Yea, thanks for that. I am still in two minds about it. Mostly because if it fails me, parts might be hard to source. And pricey too!

Looking at getting a Volkswagen again. Had a Polo Sedan. Maybe get another? At least the gas on that was good. Parts cheaper and quite reliable.

What kind of temp work do you do? (If I may ask) smile.gif

Moving?! Again?! Sheesh! Where to? biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 29 September 2014 - 01:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

Went leaf-peeping this past weekend and climbed Mount Sagamook - one of the tallest peaks in the Appalachian range. It's said that you can see ten million trees from this vantage point and I don't doubt that claim. Canada's Martime Provinces is one of the best places on the planet for viewing Mother Nature's autumn foliage display.

See more foliage images here:

http://www.derekgrantdigital.com/slideshow324612.html

Attached Image
Attached Image

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll