DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red handled

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The flashback Western.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft

TRON : Legacy / Rated PG for computer generated violence and language; not computer generated.
The original Tron movie came out in 1982 and cost Disney $17 million to produce. It grossed about double that amount but was not a big hit in theaters. No surprise. The effects were lame and the storyline seemed to be a theatrical version of a Barney the Dinosaur episode. Tron Legacy cost Disney $300 million dollars so will have to make $600 million to keep pace. Not going to happen. The storyline is not improved…..just continued. The film runs over two hours. It took only 64 days to shoot the movie with the actors but an additional 68 weeks to finish the film adding all the special effects. In California at The Disney California Adventure theme park there is a spectacular water, light, laser, fire and animated projection show (World of Color) that is like nothing else anywhere in the world. The 27 minute show was recently extended to 30 minutes with the addition of a Tron Finale. The finale and 3 minute length are much more exciting and spectacular than the entire $300 million dollar, 2 hour snoozer of a movie. Jeff Bridges is back 28 years later reprising his role. He plays himself both younger and older which is made possible by a new computer scanning process that takes his older face and makes it younger. This is the same thing Cher does before every new Farewell Tour. Tron is a special effects spectacular. In the Grid, where everything is computerized, the characters participate in video game contests come to life. This includes fights with Frisbee like weapons that look like burnt donuts with a bright streak of white frosting that a four year old boy licked at the top. They also do battle on high speed motorcycles, cars and airplanes. In between these battles there is a lot of talking. Lots and lots of talking. The action scenes are accompanied by a loud and jarring musical score (woke me up numerous times) by Daft Punk. I am not sure if this is an individual composer, a musical group or the real name of the guy who sells Sham Wows on TV. Even the Sham Wow commercials move at a better pace and are better written than this movie. I passed on the IMAX 3D option so I could concentrate on the storyline. I was able to save money and get lots more sleep except for those moments when Daft Punk shocked me awake. Keep your wallet in your pocket. Or take in the California Adventure show instead. Saving you time and money, that’s why I am here. Since the last Tron movie was 28 years ago and I am 64 years old, odds are I won’t have to see the next one in 2038. If still around, I will wait for the DVD. By then they are going to have to do a lot more work on Jeff Bridges face. Cher will be a makeup man’s living nightmare.
Rated 1.80 out of 4.0 that TRON stands for Time (to) Rest Or Nap.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 18 December 2010 - 06:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I've heard the movie was great, and geeks would be drooling over it.

Miasma
Posted: 7 January 2011 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

It was a fun movie. I saw it earlier this week. At times, there was simply too much going on, to the point where it was hard to follow exactly what you were looking at, but at other times, the look of the movie was amazing. As one reviewer said, "To fully enjoy this movie, it probably helps to suffer from ADD."

The plot wasn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. I won't say it was great, but it worked fine for what it needed to do. For most part, it consisted of the protagonists needing to get from point A to point B, only to then find out then that they need to get to point C. But let's be honest, this is an eye-candy movie. It's like dating a drop-dead gorgeous cheerleader and then coming home and saying to your friends, "Wow, that was disappointing... I dated her because I was really hoping for some deeply intellectual conversation, and it turns out she was just good looking." Well, who's the fool? If you want an intellectually stimulating plot, look elsewhere. But if you want eye-candy and action, with just enough plot to keep things moving along, this works.

I wouldn't rush out to see it again, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a fun time watching it. I do kind of wish Bruce Boxleitner had a bigger role in it. He is, afterall, Tron, and since the movie is called Tron, it's a bit odd that he gets no more than about 5 minutes of screen time.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 7 January 2011 - 01:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (mrtape @ 19 December 2010 - 03:46 PM)
(woke me up numerous times)

get lots more sleep except for those moments when Daft Punk shocked me awake.

TRON stands for Time (to) Rest Or Nap.

um.. if you slept so much through this movie, how can you give an accurate review of it? unsure.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 8 January 2011 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Did I say the info was accurate? I only said it was loud. Which it was. Disney spent 300 million on this film. It is going to be a long road to the break even point. This is an accurate statement. As was the snore factor.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 8 January 2011 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (mrtape @ 9 January 2011 - 03:36 PM)
Did I say the info was accurate?

Not much point giving reviews if they not accurate unsure.gif

I guess it's a good thing the movie was loud enough to wake you up huh. Otherwise you'd have to keep going back at various points of the movie until you got to see it all.

happy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 8 January 2011 - 08:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

If the movie makers are under no restraints as to making accurate movies I am under no restrictions to keep the wordage straight. I have slept through this film an additional 3 times and am still not sure it it was accurate or what it was all about. Will wait for the Director's Cut Extended 7 hr 15 minute version DVD and hope for clarity.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 9 January 2011 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I have slept through this film an additional 3 times

Wait... so you watched it a total of 4 times? How many times do watch movies that you actually DO like?
(there are cheaper/quieter ways to take naps, you know wink.gif )

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 10 January 2011 - 06:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

I know but I got mugged sleeping in the park.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 10 January 2011 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (mrtape @ 11 January 2011 - 03:40 AM)
I know but I got mugged sleeping in the park.

ohhhh... that was you?

Sorry man. You want your $3.50 back?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 12 January 2011 - 07:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

It was $4.25 and I want it all. And the Bus Token. I had to walk home.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 12 January 2011 - 10:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (mrtape @ 13 January 2011 - 04:14 AM)
It was $4.25 and I want it all. And the Bus Token. I had to walk home.

No finders fee?

Geesh! Who says honesty pays. dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll