Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I thought it would be nice, with summer in the offing, to have a thread where people could talk about trips and summer excursions. Anyone going anywhere this weekend? It's a three-day weekend here in the States. And I actually have all three days off!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
deepfathom393
Posted: 28 May 2010 - 07:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Pilot
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  Observatory

I'm spending this entire weekend in Payson, UT visiting the in-laws. Woohoo! w00t.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 28 May 2010 - 08:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
House:  ---

don't forget if you find any good photo ops on your journeys you can post them in our gallery section. wink.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 28 May 2010 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, I did remember to bring my camera on a recent trip to some of the wilder scenic corners of Washington state . . . unfortunately, I forgot to bring the charger. Ack.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

deepfathom393
Posted: 28 May 2010 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to see pictures of Payson. I mean, everybody already knows what a cow looks like...at least I hope they do...Nevertheless, I'll see if I can get some fun shots and figure out how to post the dang things smile.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Geekgirl
Posted: 28 May 2010 - 08:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: unknown

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Staying home this weekend, but do have a camping trip to Itasca State Park planned for mid June. I'll have to take pictures of the headwaters of the mighty Mississippi.

“Typical. Just when you're getting ahead, someone changes the odds." - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 29 May 2010 - 09:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (MacBeth @ 29 May 2010 - 03:44 PM)
I thought it would be nice, with summer in the offing, to have a thread where people could talk about trips and summer excursions. Anyone going anywhere this weekend? It's a three-day weekend here in the States. And I actually have all three days off!

I had to work today, but I'm actually off now until Thursday. (Since my normal weekend is Tues-Wed, and this is a holiday Sun-Mon weekend for me, well, there you go.)

However, because I had to work today, I could not attend Phoenix Comicon, and It. Is. Killing. Me. I tried to arrange another trip, starting Sun and ending Tues (as hubby has to work Wed) but nothing worked out.

Therefore, I'm in about as foul a mood as one can be right now. This is due to the above-mentioned me-not-being-at-PCC, the fact that work was a complete waste of my time today, and the fact that my husband is being a whiny little ----. Yeah. No joy in Mudville right now. But this too shall pass.

Whatsoever things are rotten, think on Dragon*Con. Yes, Dragon*Con is coming! I will survive! Oh, what a happy time that will be! (My plan is to work on costumes all weekend to alleviate my ennui. Seems to already be helping my mood just to think about it!)

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 29 May 2010 - 11:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Oh, with you on wishing I could be at PCC, even though I've never attended that type of con before. (I mostly do Orycon and the like.) Wil Wheaton is there! And Scalzi! And they're doing ridiculous stuff together! And we're not there! Foo.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Lothithil
Posted: 29 May 2010 - 12:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

All my MfU Cousins are at MediaWestCon... their updates send me into a frenzy of wistful glee.

Mebbe next year... smile.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 May 2010 - 03:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
House:  ---

I do hope that in amongst your long week-end activities you all find some time to reflect on why you have a long week-end...

I'm talking of coarse about Memorial Day. Take a few minutes to think about all the men and women who have put themselves in harms way so that we don't have to. Take some time to think about the real cost of our freedom and the men and women who paid that bill on our behalf.

Their sacrifice. Our freedom.
user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Geekgirl
Posted: 29 May 2010 - 06:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 29 May 2010 - 05:25 PM)
I do hope that in amongst your long week-end activities you all find some time to reflect on why you have a long week-end...

I'm talking of coarse about Memorial Day. Take a few minutes to think about all the men and women who have put themselves in harms way so that we don't' have to. Take some time to think about the real cos of our freedom and the men and women who paid that bill on our behalf.

Their sacrifice; Our freedom
user posted image

Thank you Rocky for the gentle reminder. I have several friends and family serving overseas right now and it is hard to not remember them. But not everyone has the daily reminder that others do. God Bless our Service Men and Women!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 May 2010 - 10:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

No trips or journeys are in sight for the near future. Probably another snowboarding trip near the end of the year.

Maybe a couple of days off work after the summer sales. But first there are another three boring weeks, everyone is waiting for sales. Then there's the store's fair at the end of the month followed by the summer sales and before you know it it's halfway the summer holidays.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 1 June 2010 - 07:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rocky)

I live right next to a very large cemetary; there was a special ceremony there yesterday in the early afternoon. And, of course, flags and fresh flowers out, and plenty of people, in spite of heavy rain and unseasonable chill.

One sight particularly touched me as I passed by -- along with all the cut flowers, I noticed there were several huge rhododendron bushes in the cemetary, that were all at the height of their bloom yesterday. So there were flowers there that wouldn't wither away in a day or so, and would be there whether people remembered or not.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

deepfathom393
Posted: 3 July 2010 - 04:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Hey, anybody doing anything cool for 4th of July weekend? I'm just planning on eating lots of watermelon (get between me and my slice and you're history), watching my crazy family shoot off fireworks while I stand a safe distance away, and wearing some crazy patriotic gear w00t.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 July 2010 - 01:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Hey, anybody doing anything cool for 4th of July weekend?

Yeah, working!

Went to the movies last night, which was fun. You could call it a very small trip to the city. In and out in only a couple of hours time.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 4 July 2010 - 02:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

Happy Fourth of July, friends!

Ah, yes, the fireworks. Wonderful! I stay clear of any fireworks since I got hit by a rocket, at a Fourth of July party last year.
From what I thought was a safe distance I saw a rocket fall over and head straight towards me. Stupidly enough I took a picture a second before it hit me in the chest. While I was smacked to the grass I didn't dare to look or touch the spot where I was hit, it felt like being hit by a staff weapon (if you know Stargate you know what I mean) but finally I touched and felt just a big hole in my shirt. It was a cotton shirt, maybe that saved me, anyway, my skin was still intact, although quite red. It got blistered and black and blue later on, and now I have a bump as a permanent souvenir.

And I have the picture. Not a good picture, just a green fireball.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 4 July 2010 - 08:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Good heavens! ohmy.gif (((T))) I'm so glad you didn't get more badly hurt!

I like to celebrate the 4th with just enough rain to keep the sparklers to a minimum. I'm not big on fireworks, either. I prefer natural ones, like meteor showers or fireflies.

deepfathom393
Posted: 4 July 2010 - 08:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Holy cow, Traveller! Glad you're ok! Those things can be nasty, which is why a lot of the bigger fireworks are illegal here in Utah. There are cops out everywhere busting people for being in possession of them. Still, the ones we can have are fun if you're careful.

My favorites, though, are the professional firworks shows w00t.gif went to one last night called Stadium of Fire, which is the biggest show in Utah and they were so freakin' loud they set off car alarms! It was great.

Ha ha, being from a really small town, I'm used to the teeny tiny shows where they shoot them off one at a time and they last like 10 minutes. And the entire fire department (consisting of 2 fire engines) is out there because everything here is so dry and we're surrounded by grain fields, LOL laugh.gif

Happy 4th everybody biggrin.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Geekgirl
Posted: 5 July 2010 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

We did the natural fireworks at our cabin in northern Michigan, courtesy of the fireflies and the campfire. Spent an enjoyable albeit a very warm weekend in the backwoods of the Ottawa National Forest. Kids saw eagles, deer, coyotes, foxes, turkey, and grouse. I at least got to see a black bear but the kids missed out on it.

Love getting away to the northwoods where you learn to relax without running water or electricity. Lay back in the grass and watch the stars...catch a few frogs, blow some bubbles, and have a s'more or two.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 7 July 2010 - 09:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

We had a really magnificent fireworks show. In Seattle, the fireworks are staged off of a barge in the middle of Lake Union. And about three out of four years, it's cold and rainy, so the fire hazard is minimal -- except for the eejits who blow themselves up with illegal fireworks.

Speaking of which, I'm really glad you weren't badly hurt, Traveller!!

This coming weekend -- tomorrow!!! -- I head up to Vancouver BC for Gatecon. The next weekend, I drive east to Idaho to help my sister with some stuff. And the weekend after that, I fly south to the Bay Area to visit a friend.

The weekend after that, I should finish boxing the compass and find some reason to go west -- but I wouldn't be able to go very far before I'd run out of land. I'll probably stay home and rest!! And write!

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Traveller
Posted: 8 July 2010 - 12:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Gatecon! Niiiice!
Will you be goofing around on stage again, with the stars, like you did two years ago?
I wasn't there to see it, but I've heard the reports.
Be sure to tell us about it all when you get back.

Everybody that goes to Gatecon: have lots of fun!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 14 July 2010 - 08:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Back from Gatecon! It was fun, although very different from two years ago -- less than half the number of attendees, and a really cut-down slate of events going on.

No larking around on stage with the actors this year, alas. But I did get to meet John de Lancie, and ride up in an elevator with him all by myself. He is an extremely good-looking man. happy.gif

The designated charity for the year was the Make A Wish Foundation, but the charitable focus wasn't nearly as prominent this year. They never announced how much we'd managed to raise.

I do love Vancouver, though, and the weather was great, and it was lovely seeing a few familiar faces again. Next month, MTM!

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Lothithil
Posted: 14 July 2010 - 09:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

biggrin.gif I got to ride in the elevator with Paul McGillion. Me and Beth were heading up to the room after attending part of the charity auction. Poor lad was exhausted, and a fraction too late to pick his floor before the Cursed Elevator of Doom swallowed him up.

I sympathized with him; that blasted elevator gave everyone a hard time. I told him that he'd just have to come 'home' with us!

He smiled and said 'What happens at Gatecon stays at Gatecon!" *swoons*

He's really a most charming fellow *squees softly*

blush.gif

Traveller
Posted: 15 July 2010 - 01:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Aha! Obviously the elevator is the place to be, not the stage.
I'll bear that in mind, next month at MTM. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 21 July 2010 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Meanwhile, next weekend, I'm off to the Bay Area to spend a couple of days with an old friend of mine. We'll be doing some touristy stuff, but I've particularly asked that we visit Lincoln Park, and drive down El Camino Del Mar to Seacliff. That's the specific location where I set the runaway-car scene in Aftershocks, and I want to see just how badly I fudged it!

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Lothithil
Posted: 21 July 2010 - 09:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Today is the first day since I got back from my vacation that I feel mostly normal. Cursed with a bad sore throat for six days! Now if the heat would just let up a bit... I might have the time and energy to post some stuff about the trip, and the ridiculously huge amount of fun I had hanging out with 'Beth and Grrl biggrin.gif

deepfathom393
Posted: 21 July 2010 - 11:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Yaaayyyy! Camping while pregnant! this should definitely be an interesting experience... happy.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
deansgirl
Posted: 22 July 2010 - 06:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:I don't know yet.
House:  Apartment

No vacation for me. I'm in summer school

My life is loosely based on a true story.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 27 July 2010 - 09:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, I just finished up my overly ambitious round of trips. This weekend, I actually get to stay home! Although I can't stay in bed all weekend. I have to make another try at climbing Mount Pilchuck.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

deepfathom393
Posted: 28 July 2010 - 09:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

YEEHAAAWWW! It's time to dust off the boots and Wranglers...it's RODEO time! w00t.gif So excited! Next up: Family reunion at the lake, then a family band gig in Boise (although it's kind of hard to practice when people keep poking my fingers to get blood samples at doctor visits and such dry.gif )

PMUsers Website                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll