Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

In the past four months I've been working to recreate MacGyver's timeline to fullest. Starting from the beginning of time throughout the centuries to an almost day by day analysis during the 7 season run to see how far some events go back in time and affects MacGyver's and other peoples life in the Macverse. I have come to some very interesting and new story angles along the way. Shedding some new light on characters history, maybe even characters you didn't think about. You might be surprised how some lives are woven into each other. I figured out birthdays of certain characters and some events that lead back to lives of peoples that aren't even seen or mentioned in the show. It really stretches out so much that I sometimes wonder if it's relevant or not. I think I wanted to trace back everything to get as detailed as possible.

This was perhaps a very crazy idea to do but I think I just wanted to see how far I would go back and where I'd end up. It's been crazy ride and very intense one. I'm just following the episodes and from there on I started to write the timeline. The crazy thing is sometimes I need to add something in the early centuries at the beginning between two other events and than scroll my way back to where I was below. Legend of the Holy Rose for example was a real fun episode to do with all those historical references... not. (Pardon the sarcasm. tongue.gif) I watch the episode and than I almost do a scene by scene analysis. Sometimes it contains a lot of info on certain character and if it's a real life character, I check out his/her biography to see if or make it run parallel with Mac's universe. Usually they do.

Right now I think 70, 75% of the timeline is ready but I still have long way to go. Right now in the show I'm at Good Knight MacGyver but I'm far behind with my timeline. In my timeline I'm at Squeeze Play and I don't really want to continue watching until I caught up with the timeline. And there are still fun episodes (Sorry again. happy.gif) to be had like Eye of Osiris and Lost Treasure of Atlantis. Episodes with lots of historical references.

Sorry about the sarcasm though, they are fun episodes. But if it's a lot of info to place on the timeline it quickly becomes a real drag and that's what it is right now. There's no pace in it anymore but there is no rush either. But I really want to finish this, even more so than the bodycount except this one is even tougher.

Anyway, I let you know how things turn out. I just hope that I can finish this thing and start posting it because I actually look forward to share it with you.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Myrtle Groggins
Posted: 24 January 2016 - 11:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft

Very excited about this!

Don't worry if something is relevant or not, I'll be happy about everything smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 24 January 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Thanks for all your work MacGod! I sure appreciate it! thumbsup.gif

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 January 2016 - 08:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Wow. Sounds like quite a job, MacGyverGod. Good luck with that. I look forward to seeing it.

About the only thing I did was work with Bert to try and see what tools he used on his SAK's in every episode in the show. But this is much more extensive.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 January 2016 - 03:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah, it definitely is. I think I didn't exactly knew what I was getting myself into but I have gotten this far. I'm halfway season 6 with this. Best thing is the put it aside for a while when it becomes hard. Sometimes it takes a long time to get through an episode, other times I can do like two or three episodes a time. But we'll get there.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 October 2016 - 09:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to give a little update here after I read that it's been a year since MacsJeep and Rocket began their virtual season together. It actually coincides with the day I started to work on the timeline (and the day The Gun aired. wink.gif ). I know last time I posted was January and we're October now and still no timeline. I just can't believe it's been a year.

I've joined the Raider.net now and they also have their Indy timeline and read about it on there forums and what's it like trying to make a coherent timeline. I'm not exactly doing anything new or groundbreaking that's for sure but I also read some people get a certain satisfaction from it, no matter which timeline they try to make. It's just a whole lot of work, especially if you want to start it at the dawn of time and pinpoint out the start and evolutions of legends in ancient times. It's just been a rough year for me and this is such a detailed project, but where I'm at now, I'll tell you.

About two months ago I briefly managed to work on it again, actually I made it to High Control now. So actually I only have twenty more episodes to go and the two movies. There's still a bit of work to it but the ending is in sight. Squeeze Play and Eye of Osiris were just such drag episodes with their backgrounds. Mostly because I had the "great idea" of adding all mentioned players in Squeeze Play in the timeline from when they were born, started and ended their careers and when they eventually died. In one case I even had to add a marriage. Once I started I figured, I'm going all the way, now. In total those were thirty players. Also describing the legends of the Eye of Osiris was a big task and I still have to get more into that. If I start now again, I think I should be at least able to work all the way through Good Knight MacGyver before hitting another great historic (fictional) event and than afterwards it just should be Lost Treasure of Atlantis. You know that Solon dude, Atticus always rambled about actually lived?

Anyhoo, I'm at High Control now but I can't say how or when I'll be ready. It still might take a while though. And this is probably something that never is going to be ready. There's always going to be a little rewriting or adjusting involved. I just hope I can get it ready enough to post when I'm... ready.

And last. I can give you a little insight in on how it's supposed to look. I'll always write the name of the episode and the date the event should take place. So in case you don't understand where it comes from, you'll find the answer in that episode. And when I'm going to post them, I'll probably begin on the day Mac was born so that we can get to the good stuff immediately, his childhood, high school, colleges, meeting Pete, rescueing Jim Taylor and so on. Than we can always go backwards. Final thing that I can say is the timeline will run for now at least till this year with the passing of Arnold Palmer.

So that's it for now. The timeline is coming but there's no current releasedate yet. I can't promise anything. I have enough on my mind so it's a bit on the backburner for now, but I will finish it and post it.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 February 2017 - 04:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Here's another update. I finally got into season 7 now for the timeline. I just hope things would go a little faster now with the remaining 13 episodes and of course the two movies. Once I get through that, I'm going to do a rewrite and do some massive cutting as well. So I'm taking Kiwi's advice to heart and I'm going to narrow everything down to the characters lives only. At first I wanted to go as broad as possible but now, I think narrowing it down would be best and more clear. So again, I can't say when the timeline will be finished but I'm at Honest Abe now and I handled The Coltons episode as a season 6 episode. So I have 13 more episodes to go and the two movies. I'm working on it and I hope to finish it soon.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 July 2017 - 07:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Here I am again with another update and am proud to say I am finally finished with the series timeline. I just got through all 139 episodes. Yet, I still need to do the two tv-movies. So I'm 98% finished. If I can keep it up, I might be able to fully finish the timeline by the end of next week. But since both movies stirred up MacGyver's history, I still have some work to do. Than afterwards I can start editing and rewriting the necessary bits to finalise the timeline so I can post it. I've been working on this for nearly two years now and I'm almost there! I hope once I can get to editing it'll go faster. But it's almost done.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 30 July 2017 - 08:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

Remember to take multiple copies from that saved file to different places, so you don't accidentally lose that 2 years work clip.JPG

by the way are you writing that Timeline to Word (office)?

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 July 2017 - 08:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

You're right, I should e-mail that thing at least to myself. I don't have office anymore because the subscription expired and you have to upgrade it or update now in some way or else it becomes useless which I think is a lame market selling trick. What happened to whenever the new office came you could still use the old office. I miss office 2007. But I have found a "decent enough" alternative with WordPad. It works enough for and has the basic word features. I did found out though that if you mail it to yourself you can work on it in Word Online. I kinda use Excel Online to keep my dvd list up to date. So I probably can do the same thing for word files. It'll be alright.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 August 2017 - 08:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And so it happened. The first complete rough version of the timeline in it's totality is finished. It took my about ten days to do the movies. 6 for Lost Treasure of Atlantis and 4 for Trail To Doomsday from which I did that entire second half of the movie today. That's the length of a full episode. Usually I do one or two acts a day but this time I did an episode length.

Initially I wrote a small synopsis after watching each episode but than I sort of fell behind with my timeline compared to my watching and time and other things came in between and that's when I started to do my scene-by-scene analysis which actually wasn't the idea but that's how I started working mostly from Eye of Osiris on, so actually from there on it's pretty a much the description of the entire episode which was not the plan because from there on, I sometimes have 8-10 pages per episode. I have found a lot of interesting stuff, story angles and connections throughout it's entire run and I also wrote it to straighten out the many nitpicks and mistakes.

So the next step is to do massive editing, rewriting and maybe even deleting whole parts all together and to make sure it's actual chronologically written especially what takes place during the actual episode in it's airing. Anyway according to wordpad I have 265 pages worth of information (246 according word online) that has to be edited. But first I'm going to take a little break from it. It took me nearly two years for this first rough version. I hope the editing will be done sooner but first I'm going on a break.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 September 2017 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Just wanted to say I'm done editing. 275 pages became 174 pages. Those are 91 pages that are gone (at least according to Wordpad, in Word I think I'll have edited like 110 pages and have about 155 pages). I still have the rough cut though, in case I need something back. While I'll still think it might need some trimming here and there about 99% is done. Every episode and tv-movie has been treated at least once, so it is pretty much ready for posting. You'll see for yourself when and where (here probably biggrin.gif) it'll be posted. It might be sooner then you think. I hope you guys are ready for a massive time travel adventure in the MacVerse that will span the ages. The dawn of the time, the beginning of legends and the lives of pretty much everyone MacGyver has met, including his own.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 23 September 2017 - 07:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

Good lord, this is amazing. I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll