SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

http://macgyveronline.com/news/Lucas-Till-...As-New-MacGyver

he looks fine to me everyone else's thoughts?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 11:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

I can honestly say...he's not for me. I'm not shocked, I wasn't expecting to like who they cast. I still hate plot spoilers that came out too, and from current casting it seems they were correct. I don't think I'll bother with this. But each to his own, of course 😊

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 12:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

I've only seen him in X-men and didn't like him in it.

Not thrilled by this at all.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 12:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

I'm kind of surprised, I was expecting an older guy, still young yes, but older than what this guy appears to be.

It will be hard for me to be convinced to watch a tv show about a young boy Macgyver.

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 12:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Never heard of him. Not to worry, hadn't heard of RDA in the beginning either. smile.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 01:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I have made my mind up now not to bother with this. It was always going to be a hard sell, and I just don't like their choice.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 02:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Will stick to watching the re-runs of the classic Macgyver! This reboot sucks! There can only be one Macgyver and it is Richard Dean Anderson!! I am pretty fed up with this new reboot! Should have never had happened in the first place! dry.gif

Macgyver12186
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 02:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Ah the internet... We get some cast new not even a promo shot a trailer nothing just casting news and it's the worst nit ever I hate to bring up Heath ledger as the joker or ben affleck as batman but let's all relax a bit and please wait till the trailer before we walk away...

Not me I will be seeing three episodes at least

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 02:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Sorry to say after only two secs of seeing the pic, but I don't like his mug. It's just too awry and in the words of James Bond: 'You still have spots!'

He's going to rescue the damsels in distress, renounce guns and help teens? This guy is barely out of high school!

I just watched Good Knight MacGyver. There's no way he can 'die' in a dream like RDA or escape lavapits.

No! No! No! mad.gif

And here's another one from Jack: 'You don't mess with perfection, Mac! Bad karma!'

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 03:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I sorta feel bad for the kid right now... XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 04:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: EvoGrip S557

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:

QUOTE (Macgyver12186 @ 22 March 2016 - 10:21 AM)
Ah the internet... We get some cast new not even a promo shot a trailer nothing just casting news and it's the worst nit ever I hate to bring up Heath ledger as the joker or ben affleck as batman but let's all relax a bit and please wait till the trailer before we walk away...

Not me I will be seeing three episodes at least

Agreed. I grew up loving the old flash series from the 90's. I wasn't pleased with Grant Gustin being cast as the new flash, but I gave it a few episodes and have really enjoyed it. I will also be giving this guy a shot with Mac.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 March 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

He is kinda what I expected. I mean, they could have hired a grunt! laugh.gif

I have to admit that im a little excited to see how this evolves. Looks a lot more promising than Young MacGyver.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 02:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

Yes, I"m afraid it will be the classics for me too. Underwhelmed for the moment.

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 03:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 22 March 2016 - 06:44 AM)
Yes, I"m afraid it will be the classics for me too. Underwhelmed for the moment.

Can we wait till the trailer or pilot before we decide wether its for us this could be really amazing.

again did anyone think Heath Ledger was going to be as good a joker as he was?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 03:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Yes, hard to gauge, predict chemistry. I never thought that the original 'MacGyver' had
very much chemistry amongst the cast. Excellent premise, concept, perfect star, some above average
scripts, compelling live orchestra scores, and they rode the coattails & received the fullest of mileage out
of that. But there's much to improve on ..... let's see how they've done their Mac Due Diligence.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

Macgyver12186
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 04:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 22 March 2016 - 07:57 AM)
Yes, hard to gauge, predict chemistry. I never thought that the original 'MacGyver' had
very much chemistry amongst the cast. Excellent premise, concept, perfect star, some above average
scripts, compelling live orchestra scores, and they rode the coattails & received the fullest of mileage out
of that. But there's much to improve on ..... let's see how they did their Mac Due Diligence.

again a gritty reimagining of Mac is not the end of the world and it could be fantastic I am happy because for years I have Wanted MacGyver to come back and now it looks like that may happen.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

And there we have it, the dreaded word- "re-imagining." That to me is a posh way of saying CHANGE. I don't want MacGyver changing one bit - I like it just the way it is. Mess with the concept, and it isn't Mac anymore.

I was willing to try it, even given the ridiculous spoilers from the casting sides, but only if they cast Mac well, and for me, this is not what I call good casting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the fans were always going to be split down the middle on this. For me, I won't be bothering with trailers and so on. I don't like the spoilers, I don't like the casting, and I hate the idea of "re-imagining" something I thought was already perfect, so what's the point?

Someone said they weren't going to jump ship just yet, but I'm afraid I'm already over the edge, in my life raft and paddling away for dear life back to my dvds. tongue.gif

ohmy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 10:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I'll bring an oar and some beverages MacsJeep!! I'm right there with you. In some way, the old saying "You can't go home again" just seems to fit with this whole idea, IMO. sad.gif

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 11:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacsJeep @ 22 March 2016 - 02:45 PM)
And there we have it, the dreaded word- "re-imagining." That to me is a posh way of saying CHANGE. I don't want MacGyver changing one bit - I like it just the way it is. Mess with the concept, and it isn't Mac anymore.
ohmy.gif

But it's going to have to at least change with the times, technology, & trends, doesn't it?

I love watching the original series and part of that is because of looking into the past so preserved, what once was, what's changed, what is similar, what's not anymore. Sure they could try to reproduce the original verbatim, but that might prove to be very, very difficult and would almost certainly not end well.

This one might not end well either, but I think you have to at least appease the younger (spending) demographic that suits the advertising/sponsors, in the allotted time scheduling that will be, and in order to have a fighting chance at the ratings ... as opposed to the much fewer/older armchair critics that adhere to the Mac Moral Majority.

Macgyver12186
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 12:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacsJeep @ 22 March 2016 - 02:45 PM)

I was willing to try it, even given the ridiculous spoilers from the casting sides, but only if they cast Mac well, and for me, this is not what I call good casting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the fans were always going to be split down the middle on this. For me, I won't be bothering with trailers and so on. I don't like the spoilers, I don't like the casting, and I hate the idea of "re-imagining" something I thought was already perfect, so what's the point?

Someone said they weren't going to jump ship just yet, but I'm afraid I'm already over the edge, in my life raft and paddling away for dear life back to my dvds. tongue.gif

ohmy.gif

to you and barry

if only there was an episode from season 6 that dealt with having a RUSH TO JUDGEMENT but alas such things only happen in myth and dreams!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 12:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

You might have me there. I've not given the new demographics a lot of thought. They just might like this and it will take off. I wish them all the luck in the world, and best wishes for success. It worked for Hawaii 5-0....I guess it's hard for me to make the break with the traditional show and the characters. Times change, but for me I'm stuck in MacGyver 1985 biggrin.gif

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Joe has a point - this is aimed at young folks, which I am definitely not, ergo it's not for me. Heck, I drive two cars older than the original show, I'm stuck in the past & very happy there. That's not to say other people can't enjoy this, it's just not for me.

I have a feeling it won't air here anyway!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 02:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I am the same, MacsJeep! Stuck in the past! I'm unsure if the new series will be launched here in South Africa. Surely many young people will enjoy the new “Macgyver.” I will, however, continue to watch the original series, which I think is far more enjoyable than the new reboot.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Barry Rowland
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 02:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

That sums it up for me too. Like MacsJeep, I'm waaaay beyond the target age for this show, and I honestly have a SAK that's older than most of the cast (and I bought it new!! LOL). We'll see....

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

Another point all of you are missing is that Lee Zlotoff approved this reboot which means that there has to be something in it which he actually likes. If the creator found some form of comfort in this, I am sure we will too. Also Henry Winckler is also involved.

When RDA first graced our screens 30 years ago, we didn't know who he was or what he was going to do. Although the new team have a reputation to uphold, they are also being far more criticised because they have to respect the past and entertain the future audience too. A lot of pressure. Times have changed and Mac being in Nam doesn't quite phase anymore. The story will have to evolve to fit today's times. MacGyver (1985) may have been perfect but that was then. MacGyver (2016) will have to change in order to meet that standard. Its not only times that have changed. Society have also changed. Mac will need to fit in a believable world. The one we are referring to no longer exists.

As Joe put it, technology changes so even the MacGyverisms will have to adapt in accordance to today's world.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 10:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

A lot of good points Denizen. We'll see. I didn't know Lee Zlotoff and Henry Winkler were involved in this. Hopefully, it won't have ventured too far from the original as far as the spirit of the show goes. That's my biggest concern.

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 22 March 2016 - 10:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Its not the technology changing that bothers me, or it being in this time frame, but if I don't like who they've cast I won't be able to like it. I Googled him last night to see if other pics would change my mind. They didn't. And Zlotoff nor Winkler can change that. Different strikes for different folks and all that 😉

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 23 March 2016 - 03:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

it is what it is for me Lucas looks like the comic book MacGyver and I am quite happy with him.

My hope is that the series is as good as the original with familiar Elements showing up later on

Again I don't mind the reimagining because the original series did that

Did Pete and MacGyver Meet in the African Desert with a stolen Camel OR did they meet chasing Murdoc?
Is Mac's Favorite sport Baseball (as it is in the pilot) OR is it Hockey?
Who is Nikki Carpenter a former DXS agent working now in the phonex foundation or the sister of Mac's hacker friend (I might be mis remembering the season 3 time line I confess its been a while)

the new show using the old one as basis gives us and the producers to "get it right" and show Mac meeting Peter Thorton for the first time perhaps introducing Jack Dalton as well.

of course I have to ask for everyone still excited should they go full Mullet or should they not? personally I think Season 1 of New Mac Lucas should be like Jared with long hair but not nescarily a mullet.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 23 March 2016 - 09:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I see people complaining about this show being aimed at a young audience, but isn't that in keeping with the spirit of the original? The original series was clearly aimed at kids. In fact, it was so extreme at times, they were doing PSA episodes about why kids shouldn't drink, and other related topics. Heck, as awesome as Murdoc was, he was also very clearly a kid-friendly villain compared to the kinds of villains we see on other shows these days.

I'm prepared to give this new show a chance. Obviously it will require an adjustment period, since we're all so used to what Mac was like in the past, and this will certainly be different, but I'll watch a few episodes and see how it goes.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 23 March 2016 - 03:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Good points. The show will definitely appeal to many young people, I just feel that the technology of today is so advanced, I wonder how they will come up with new MacGyverisms for the show? Us “oldies” will always know Macgyver is RDA and only RDA. There aren't enough paper clips, duct tape, and chewing gum in the world for me to buy that kid as Macgyver!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll