Who loves telly? I do! I do!, What are all of you watching...
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
SAK
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 02:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Recruit, Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:I haven't seen them all yet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I quit watching TV a while back, but before I quit, these became my favorites: Remington Steele, MacGyver, and Quantum Leap. I have no RS DVDs, two seasons of MG, and all 5 seasons of QL. And I haven't watched any of them in several months.

sak.gif

I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you. -MacGyver

PM                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 07:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity

Astra beat me to it Devon! wink.gif Right on with everything you said, Astra. smile.gif

I didn't realize that actor was the same guy that played Devon...cool!

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
thyla
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 09:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 19 March 2007 - 09:40 PM)
Crikey you're just a little bit perky, aren't you Devon? happy.gif

Of your list, I've found Scrubs in syndication good fun.

My new favorite show, and what I happen to be watching at the moment, is The Riches. Loving the Eddie Izzard. love.jpg

Oh I love The Riches! Absolutely hilarious! clapping.gif laugh.gif

"I hardly even know this young lady!"
-MacGyver, Squeeze Play

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
thyla
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 10:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Ok, I am only gonna list stuff that 's in current running (in no particular order). There are too many old shows that I liked to list them all.

House, Scrubs, NCIS, Boston Legal (Denny Crane!), The Dresden Files, The Riches, Dirty Jobs (with the Rowe! wub.gif ), Are you smarter than a fith grader?(hah!)

Used to never miss an episode of SG1 but the last three seasons were really terrible sad.gif

-MacGyver, Squeeze Play

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 10:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest

QUOTE (Astra @ 21 March 2007 - 10:48 PM)

When I watched it as a teenie in the late eighties I thought it was dramatic, when I happen to watch it today I only think it is funny smile.gif But it doesn't take itself too serious either, actually. Every episode has this good looking girl and Michael needs to help her. And his discussions with K.I.T.T. are pretty funny smile.gif

OK now I REALLY want to watch this show! It sounds like so muck fun! So it's SUPPOSED to be a little campy. I love.jpg campy.

Astra if you can, let me know when you watch the 6 feet finale. I want to know if you will be satisfied with the way things end. I saw it quite a while ago but I just couldn't shake the lingering feeling of it for days...It was just beautiful and poignant and sad and this song they play at the end is just haunting... There are 2 things in my life I will just never get over- the book "Sometimes A Great Notion" by Ken Kesey, and the 6 Feet Under series finale. unsure.gif

SAK I deeply admire your not watching TV. If this thread has taught me anything it's that I'm way more into TV than I ever dreamed I was and I DO NOT need to watch TV any more than I already do. I don't watch TV every day or even every week, but when I do, I go on a TV binge and watch for like 3 hours straight and just totally veg out. I'm friends with so many granolas who don't have TV's in their houses and I think that's awesome. kicking.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (thyla @ 22 March 2007 - 06:12 AM)
Ok, I am only gonna list stuff that 's in current running (in no particular order). There are too many old shows that I liked to list them all.

House, Scrubs, NCIS, Boston Legal (Denny Crane!), The Dresden Files, The Riches, Dirty Jobs (with the Rowe! wub.gif ), Are you smarter than a fith grader?(hah!)

Used to never miss an episode of SG1 but the last three seasons were really terrible sad.gif

Scrubs!!! Yay! I just love the boys and their old stuffed dead dog and Carla's reactions to it. Love tha janitor... tongue.gif

Smarter Than A 5th Grader looked so good but I missed it! I would be scared to go on it! wacko.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 11:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (thyla @ 21 March 2007 - 07:12 PM)
The Dresden Files

You know, a few weeks ago I happened to hear about this for the first time and wondered whether it maybe would about my hometown since Dresden is a very famous city (anyone read "Slaughterhous 5"?) but then I found out it's just the name of the guy.

I wonder why this name of all names?

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 04:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

This is kind of random........but.............it's been on my mind all day. Has anyone heard that new Gwen Stefani song called "Sweet Escape" and it goes whistle.gif

If I could escape...
I would create a place that's my own world,
In it I'd be your favorite girl,
Forever - Perfectly together...
Now tell me boy, now wouldn't it be sweet? love.jpg whistle.gif love.jpg

Now I'm not even really ga-ga about Ms. Stefani-Rossdale, but this song just always puts a dreamy smile on my face...It's the kind of song that just makes you wanna put on a flouncy dress and stare at a picture of MacGyver as you listen to it...

(By the way Sheepy, Gwen Stefani has a clothing line out called L.A.M.B. (A lamb is the same thing as a sheep right?) )

wub.gif MacGyver wub.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 05:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (thyla @ 21 March 2007 - 03:12 PM)

oh god I fell so sorry form Mike some days.

Amy
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 05:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2

SAK I deeply admire your not watching TV. If this thread has taught me anything it's that I'm way more into TV than I ever dreamed I was and I DO NOT need to watch TV any more than I already do. I don't watch TV every day or even every week, but when I do, I go on a TV binge and watch for like 3 hours straight and just totally veg out. I'm friends with so many granolas who don't have TV's in their houses and I think that's awesome.

I don't think i could be totally without TV...well, I guess I could if it was necessary...not like I'd die or anything for lack of the tube. But in spite of my list, I watch very little TV. Once in a while I'll go on a Mac or Joe binge and watch more than one ep in one sitting... LOL...but if I added it all up, I'd say I watch less than 10 hours of TV a week...and that's on a binge week. laugh.gif Actually, really thinking about it, now, There are only 3 shows that I like to catch each week...and everything else is probably dvds, if I get around to it. So even less than less than 10 hours... rolleyes.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I did actually go without TV for about 6 months several years ago. And I have to say I think our family was much better off without it.

The kids spent their time doing constructive things and playing games and just generally we spent more healthy time together.

Even now I try to restrict "TV Time" for my kids, and watch very little of it myself.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 06:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

I'm like you Amy, I only have one channel and we survive just fine. My video store has almost (almost!) any TV show you could imagine on DVD for 50 cents apiece. That way I can pick and pay for only the shows I really want to watch. Cheaper than cable! tongue.gif Sometimes I'll watch cable at a friends house. I always have to have a CD going. Iv'e had this computer for like 3 days now and talk about a time suck...It's so fun I can't get off it! laugh.gif Iv'e been cleaning and doing dishes between postings then I come back and get sucked in...worse than TV! w00t.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 06:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 22 March 2007 - 02:15 PM)
I did actually go without TV for about 6 months several years ago. And I have to say I think our family was much better off without it.

The kids spent their time doing constructive things and playing games and just generally we spent more healthy time together.

Even now I try to restrict "TV Time" for my kids, and watch very little of it myself.

It really is the way to be Rock. Some people think that any TV or computers in the home is bad, which might be excessive, but there's something to it in moderation. I try to sneak my TV time in when my son is at school or in bed so that when we are together we're "fully present" as a family. We have a moratorium on TV and stuff from sundown on Friday to sundown Saturday, but this computer keeps temptating me! laugh.gif

Here's another thing for everyone- isn't it so cool when your kids become 2nd generation MacGyver watchers?! I love it . When my son got into MacGyver I was like *sniff* that's my boy! He's really my kid! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
thyla
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 10:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MEP @ 21 March 2007 - 08:27 PM)

oh god I fell so sorry form Mike some days.

Don't worry he get's well compensated. Unlike those poor blokes who do actually have to do those jobs day in and day out.
Mike is the funniest when something goes terribly awry laugh.gif

-MacGyver, Squeeze Play

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 06:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Well Well lookie who's a special forces member... quick! Somebody give me a mission to go with my new title! And the "mission" had better not be "Get off this site and never come back!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 08:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6

I'm not much into network TV and I don't have cable or satellite Tv. The shows I'm currently into are NCIS, The Amazing Race, Cold Case and Without A Trace.

On DVD its MacGyver, SG1, X-Files, Northern Exposure, some Ally McBeal, and Star Trek.

I hate commercials too and would much rather watch the DVDs. And I do, over and over again.

I am also way more into music than TV and I love my Sirius satellite radio. Its awesome for road trips--never leave home without it.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 23 March 2007 - 02:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I watched a few episodes of Alias last night at a friend's house.
Man! Is it complicated?! After a while it tends to get a little boring as it's practically all the same every episode.

Anyone seen the show?

Devon636
Posted: 23 March 2007 - 07:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 23 March 2007 - 04:45 PM)

On DVD its MacGyver, SG1, X-Files, Northern Exposure, some Ally McBeal, and Star Trek.

I am also way more into music than TV and I love my Sirius satellite radio. Its awesome for road trips--never leave home without it.

Ooh I love some Ally McBeal! I almost forgot how good it is, been so long since I've seen it. Ally is at her best when she is blundering through life, one dating foible after another! She's so real and relatable.

The funniest for me is when they all break into a Barry White musical number in the courtroom or bathrooms!

My sociology prof. played a clip from Ally on the first day of class to illustrate "Modern intrapersonal relations between the sexes" or something. It was kewl tongue.gif

I am dying for sirius radio!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 23 March 2007 - 07:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 23 March 2007 - 11:03 PM)
I watched a few episodes of Alias last night at a friend's house.
Man! Is it complicated?! After a while it tends to get a little boring as it's practically all the same every episode.

Anyone seen the show?

Only seen it a few times...I honestly keep getting it confused with 24.

I like the whole "female as strong, competent , butt-kicker" motif, but the episodes I saw did seem quite similar to each other. I remember thinking the dialogue was unneccessarily wordy and confusing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 23 March 2007 - 09:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

biggrin.gif How about Will & Grace?

Devon636
Posted: 24 March 2007 - 09:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Your avatar is just freaking me out it's so darn cute!

Love Will and Grace! Especially Jack and Karen! To me they're the best part of the show! I haven't seen in years, about since the time Harry Conick jr came in, just lost interest I don't know why. But I love the older episodes.

I'm starting to feel so self-concious that I know so many shows! I feel like have I really overdone it on TV over the years? But some shows I "know" them even if only seen them a few times. Know what i mean? laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 24 March 2007 - 11:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Your avatar is just freaking me out it's so darn cute!

Hehehe I aim to please biggrin.gif

I agree on Harry C. Jr. But it all got better when he left again laugh.gif
Still wondering whether Jack is really gay. He never wanted to come forward with the truth...

Devon636
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 05:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 25 March 2007 - 07:17 PM)

Still wondering whether Jack is really gay. He never wanted to come forward with the truth...

roller.gif If he would only be honest with himself... roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 05:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Oh PS...I have a question for everyone...Is anyone else into American Idol? I've been half paying attention this season but I really pay attention when it gets to the final finals.

Does anyone have any favorites or predictions?

Also, for those in countries other than USA, is American Idol broadcast or do different countries have their own editions of the show? I remember England was the first to have it, but am not sure if it continues there.

I have a little obsesh with that Simon Cowell... wub.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 07:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

We have of course our own editions. It's called "Germany is looking for the super-star" and that is also what irks me - a lot! Since for me a superstar is someone that is in the show business for a long time, like Tina Turner or Elton John or someone like that but not someone that wins a contest, has one hit and then you never hear from him again.

We are in the third year of this show now and the ones that were in the first two shows did not became much famous. Same for the people that were at the "Big brother" container. They only were famous for a short time, and I'm kinda glad about it.

I don't care much for ordinary people that don't know anything and yet become a star about it. I understand that it can be a start for someone that is really good but I'm still waiting for that someone.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 07:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Deutschland sucht den Superstar happy.gif I watch it occasionally.

I actually auditioned for the Dutch Idols myself. Two friends had registered me and I was invited so I went to the audition, but I can tell you, it's all fake.

You don't meet he judges, but you have to perform in front of a few directors first and THEY will tell you if you're going to the next round. Not people who actually (think they) have know-how.

I was rejected because I sang pretty good (not lying here, I swear)
They were really looking for geeks and nerds who'd sing off key.
A friend of mine SHE's a GREAT singer and even she didn't make it.

Also the voting rounds are a big fraud. I guess it's all the same in every country wherever you are, but you can phone in or send a text message for your favorite contestant.
There was a guy frome my hometown and I voted for him every week (yeah, I'm chauvinistic) and normally you get messages back "thanks for voting"
One night I voted, got no message back, voted again, and again no reply.

At the end of the show he was voted out and when the show was over I got the messages "you're vote came in too late" My butt!

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 12:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

and normally you get messages back "thanks for voting"
One night I voted, got no message back, voted again, and again no reply.

At the end of the show he was voted out and when the show was over I got the messages "you're vote came in too late" My butt!

Couldn't be a simple overload of the system? too many votes coming in at once? they must get thousands of votes each week, wouldn't be too unrealistic to expect the system to get bogged down once in a while.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

No, they were actually exposed for fraud a few weeks later... blink.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 03:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

surprise.gif oh.. well that's that then. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 25 March 2007 - 03:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

In the USA, every season, fans of at least a few contestans will do things such as rent telemarketing facilities to ensure that their favorite singer will win ( or at least stay on the show as long as possible). I've heard that these fans with the rapid call telemarketing technology can skew the voting in their favor by hundreds of thousands of votes. there's no limit on how many times a person can vote from the same number, so it is legal, but is it ethical? Who knows...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll