Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

The remains of actor James Doohan, who played the starship Enterprise's chief engineer Scotty on Star Trek, will be blasted into space next month, the company organising the flight said.

The Canadian-born actor who inspired the catchphrase "Beam me up, Scotty" – even though it was never actually uttered on the television show – died two years ago at the age of 85.

Houston-based commercial company Space Services said some of Doohan's remains were packed into a rocket at Las Cruces, New Mexico, on Friday, ahead of the flight scheduled for April 28.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I didn't even know he had died sad.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 31 March 2007 - 12:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I heard about his death last year. I think it was actually a while after his death, but it was brought to my attention because it was on our local news. Aberdeen proposed to commemorate Doohan by putting a monument of his most famous character in the city. From a comment made by Scotty that he was an old Aberdeen pub-crawler Aberdeen claimed Scotty’s birthplace is Aberdeen.
Linlithgow (near Edinburgh) argued that Scotty’s birthplace is their town. This was based on a reference in one of the Star Trek books that said his mother's house was (will be??) in Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland. That’s a bit more specific than a reference to pubs in Aberdeen, after all its possible to drink in a different town than where you were born.
Last I heard about it the was some discussions over copyright of the character and I have no idea which place, if any, has managed to claim the status of Scotty’s birth place.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 March 2007 - 07:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

That's old news. I just didn't know it didn't happen yet.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 31 March 2007 - 03:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

That's so sad. sad.gif We'll miss you, Scotty!

I wish they had given him a slightly bigger role in Harry's Will, but oh well...he'll be among the stars, where he belongs. smile.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll