Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

We always tend to discuss particular items of interest which might seem appealing to some but not all. Obviously we are all different.

So what do you like to do? Ski? Work in the garden? Exercise, read, watch movies, photography, collect things, go to conventions, camp. Let us know! smile.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 April 2017 - 03:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Mostly movies and games as you might as well know. I don't have any real hobbies besides that. I do gymnastics as sports on Friday. I live in the city so I don't have a garden, I don't even have a terrace. That's actually about it.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 13 April 2017 - 05:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

Compared to most people, I'm pretty lazy and boring. I do LOVE to read. In high school and college I dabbled in writing poetry and short stories. I gave it up but since I discovered this site I'm thinking of trying my hand at some MacGyver fan fiction. I also enjoy knitting, watching classic TV (MacGyver, X-Files, CHiPs, etc.), playing a few Facebook games, cooking and baking when I get a chance. I'm also an avid Green Bay Packer fan and can enjoy watching pretty much any sport, including hockey;)

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 13 April 2017 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I like weightlifting, running, & play hockey one night a week. So basically fitness in my spare time.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 15 April 2017 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

I love being out with my boys and my sheepdogs, and enjoy running and fitness. I'm a huge history buff, and love bookstores and libraries biggrin.gif .

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 April 2017 - 04:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Which part of history? I'm pretty much in a lot of that stuff. Mostly World War II and use mostly Wikipedia for that and I have a rather nice collection of a magazine called Historia, which covers pretty much everything possible: wars, battles, characters like dictators or world travellers, discoveries, science, crime, mysteries, you name it, it's in there and it is a nice read. But that's about it, I'm not really into the books and libraries. But it is a nice thing to do on the site.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 16 April 2017 - 07:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

World War Two, although I've been dealving more and more into World War One lately. My Dad was a WW2 vet, as were most of his friends, all long gone now. I like to play with history and the different outcomes that might have occurred under different circumstances. Online searches sure have made things easier!

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 17 April 2017 - 05:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I occasionally listen to my old cassette tapes from the 80s and early 90s; most were recordings off the radio, brings back pleasant memories! I also love swimming and running (Do not get to do much of that nowadays smile.gif )

I recently digitalized my entire cassette collection using the program called Audacity, it was great fun! happy_dance.gif

Jediferret
Posted: 17 April 2017 - 06:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Pretty much anything that catches my attention. I'm easily bored, so I often jump from interest to interest.

In my spare time I like to write, dabble in Photoshop, photography, video games and I LOVE to talk. Though, my weirdest pass time is my budgeting calculations. I keep a notebook by my computer, and when I'm bored, I'll calculate a year (or several years) worth of budgets. I'm a big fan of Sudoku as well.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 18 April 2017 - 05:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I'm a big talker, too, Jedi!! I think it's becoming a lost art! I think it's great to sit down and have a conversation, especially with today's fast pace.

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 18 December 2017 - 06:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 18 April 2017 - 07:21 PM)
I'm a big talker, too, Jedi!! I think it's becoming a lost art! I think it's great to sit down and have a conversation, especially with today's fast pace.

I'm the definition of the friend who has complete strangers say, "You're so quiet and shy, it's adorable!", but after we become friends they're like, "HOLY CRAP DO YOU EVER SHUT UP?!" laugh.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 December 2017 - 06:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I never shut up... I was given the nickname "motor mouth" when I was a kid. I eventually balanced out as I got older, but once I know someone is willing to listen to me... I'll tell them my entire life story. Buy me a pitcher of margaritas and I'll be their best friend by the time I reach the bottom. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 19 December 2017 - 06:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I totally agree Jedi laugh.gif I never found Penny Parker irritating the way some fans do because she reminds me of myself roller.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 December 2017 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

If anyone's wondering about my hobbies, I like most older shows (CHiPs, Happy Days, and of course MacGyver), some recent Disney movies, epic book series, and various video games.
Nothing special, really, but I also collect dragon figures from the How to Train Your Dragon movies (and the series) and writing multi-universe fanfiction in my head (maybe one day I'll put it on paper)

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 December 2017 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yes, fanfiction writing. It's been way too long ago.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 December 2017 - 09:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Fanfic writing is fun... My sister and I were the fanfic writing duo. Usually we'd get drunk, I'd do the writing and she'd throw ideas at me. For hours we'd just sit at the computer giggling like idiots.

We actually came up with OC's of ourselves and put them in ridiculous situations.... often to annoy the main characters. It was fun. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 21 December 2017 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

Filmmaking, mostly documentary based now. Editing too smile.gif

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 December 2017 - 11:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 19 December 2017 - 09:57 PM)
I totally agree Jedi laugh.gif I never found Penny Parker irritating the way some fans do because she reminds me of myself roller.gif

I like Penny for the same reasons. However, I'm older now. I been through some things... yada, yada...

People like Penny aren't annoying to me because she's not malicious in her behavior. She's just kinda oblivious and a tad scatterbrained. Her mistakes are the same kind of mistakes MOST people make. I'd rather have a friend like Penny than some of the friends I used to have.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 21 December 2017 - 03:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 21 December 2017 - 11:19 AM)
Fanfic writing is fun... My sister and I were the fanfic writing duo. Usually we'd get drunk, I'd do the writing and she'd throw ideas at me. For hours we'd just sit at the computer giggling like idiots.

We actually came up with OC's of ourselves and put them in ridiculous situations.... often to annoy the main characters. It was fun. lol

I like to take characters from all of my favorite movies, shows, books, and video games and break their universes so they all get stuck in the same world together. Then I add myself into the stories as their "alpha" since I'm the only one who knows all of them, and can understand how their mind and personalities blend. laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 December 2017 - 05:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

That's how I used to think and again it shows it wasn't as dumb as it sounded apparently because if it was we wouldn't have Marvel The Avengers or Justice League. I wrote a fanfic once called Lost Gold In The Ocean which was a crossover with MacGyver and Bad Boys. A fanfiction story set in Miami where the Von Leer Brothers were transporting gold on a ship that sunk at the coast and I also included myself in the story. It's probably embarrassing by now but, I didn't know any better at the time. I was 18 and thought Bad Boys II was cool. Do have to point out though that I was unfamiliar with Miami Vice at the time, that's why I chose Bad Boys. A ship explodes on a sunny day when there is a lot of people on the beach and when the police arrives, MacGyver and Sam and myself are doing a rescue operation and sees the crew of the ship getting eaten by sharks and Mike Lowry starts fighting with a shark. Total ludacris. Followed by a standard rated R action formula: a lengthy chase scene leading to Disney World, fist fights and a violent shoot-out on a freighter ship: The Stringer/Lethal Weapon 2 anyone? Not to mention that MacGyver reunites with his cousin Ally he once mentioned in The Golden Triangle.

I do miss my writing days though. Work and real life got in between. My timeline somehow got me back in touch with it though. But after two years I need a little break from that but I will try to write again soon. I still have some unfinished business with stories and I might do a rewrite of my very first story. Maybe it's just that what it always is... all you got to do is begin with it.

But that's just the fun of it all, including crossovers and shared universes. I was thinking recently with so many shows set in L.A. how is it possible none of these characters meet each other. Why can't Mac see the A-Team van passing through and meet Lt. Columbo or Jack Bauer or Riggs and Murtaugh? Or fly to Hawaii and meet Magnum? That's the beauty of (fan)fiction. There is already the Tommy Westphall theory that a lot of fictional universes are connected. Why not have Planet of the Apes when men and apes are fighting each other have a common enemy when the machines rise in Terminator? During the war of the machines have men and apes stumble on a nesting ground full of alien eggs and there where are aliens, Predator must be nearby. Oh, the freedom in writing.

About Penny, despite her good intentions she just became stereotypical as damsel in distress and the fact she didn't want to be too long alone in a room without MacGyver who is simply in the next room actually bothers me. She's too dependable on him and can't help herself. As if I don't know what might happen if he's gone for a few seconds.

@MiracleMac, that's real nice what you do.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll