Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Makedde @ 6 March 2011 - 04:58 PM)
I'd expect to see someone attacked by a giant Bigfoot in a low budget horror movie starring B grade actors, not in my favourite TV show.

A giant bigfoot? as appose to a normal size one? laugh.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Robert
Posted on 10 December 2011 - 06:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: N/A

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Possibly one of my favourite episodes. I had bought Season 1 and 3 while in Iraq and would love to watch this episode for the scenery for the most part.

The pirate oil tanker captain, I know I've seen him in another episode but can't think of which one. One of his flunkies went on to be Jack O' Neill's commander on SG-1.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 6 October 2012 - 04:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather

I actually saw a (fan made) trailer for this episode before I watched the episode itself. There was a clip when you saw "Bigfoot" launching an attack on Mac, and I remember that I did a MAJOR eyeroll at that, thinking it was sooo cheesy...

However, when I finally watched the episode, and realized that the attacking "Bigfoot" *was* supposed to be fake and just a cheap trick to scare people away from the ship, my opinion changed. This *is* a really, really good episode!

Here, Mac is in his natural element, and you can definitely see he's a very experienced outdoorsman. Of course, he couldn't just leave that ship alone! And the "abandoned" ship in itself is very creepy... those scenes were very well done!

Mac was so sweet to that girl. He's very good at talking with an accent, no matter the language, he he. wink.gif

I also liked the way they cut between Pete and MacGyver--Pete immediately knew there was something wrong when he didn't hear from him soon enough. The MacGyverism with the location beacons was a clever, but natural thing to do, but judging from that female controller's reaction, she may not have come to the same conclusion, that Mac was in danger. Glad Pete was there!!

I think this episode was an(other) example how people with evil intentions are taking advantage of people's fears, using the "Bigfoot" legend to scare the wits out of the local people, to minimize the risk of interference. Yet, the writers are very careful to point out there are still some things that can't be easily explained... there might be something like a real "Bigfoot" after all.

This is an "Excellent" in my opinion. smile.gif

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 7 October 2012 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Yes, excellent episode. Except for The Scream. Karin's scream. It gets on my nerves every time I watch this episode. The scream itself sounds unnatural, like they recorded it afterwards, not in the context of a scene. Besides that, it sounds like they used one and the same scream in different situations. Apart from that, she screams too much. The girl has been audacious enough to travel as a stowaway, and now she screams her head off at every occasion. Hm.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 7 October 2012 - 01:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (Traveller @ 7 October 2012 - 08:29 PM)
Yes, excellent episode. Except for The Scream. Karin's scream. It gets on my nerves every time I watch this episode. The scream itself sounds unnatural, like they recorded it afterwards, not in the context of a scene. Besides that, it sounds like they used one and the same scream in different situations. Apart from that, she screams too much. The girl has been audacious enough to travel as a stowaway, and now she screams her head off at every occasion. Hm.

It might be that the girl had kept quiet for too long, and when Mac finally made her loosen up and speak again, she had a hard time controlling herself. But, Traveller, I agree, that scream was indeed horrible, and definitely the cheesiest part of this episode.

PM                                                                     
Mela_007
Posted on 15 November 2012 - 11:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Episode:Passages; Humanity

I admit it, I jumped when the arm came through the window. Also when the skelton's arm dropped down and tapped Mac on the head!! I am not one to jump most of the time while watching tv, though I know folks who jump exactly when the directors planned for them to...in every show, even when they know something is going to happen. LOL

Good episode and I got a kick out of Mac scrolling through the languages trying to find the right one.

"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverisms
Posted on 9 March 2013 - 12:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Heist

In my opinion this is a really good episode. The plot the bad guys using a fake Bigfoot to keep people away from the ship is very well written. Here, Mac is in his natural element, and you can definitely see he's a very experienced outdoorsman. Of course, he couldn't just leave that ship alone! And the "abandoned" ship itself is very creepy, and those scenes were very well filmed! I jump every time that Bigfoot arm comes through the window! And when that skeleton taps Mac on the head. Mac was so sweet to that girl. He's very good at talking with an accent, no matter which language. I also liked the way they cut between Pete and MacGyver, Pete immediately knew there was something wrong when he didn't hear from him soon enough. The MacGyverism with the location beacons was cool. And it seemed like the natural thing to do. This episode is another example of how people with evil intentions are taking advantage of people's fears, using the "Bigfoot" legend to scare the local people,and to minimize the risk of interference. Yet, the writers are very careful to point out there are still some things that can't be easily explained there might be something like a real "Bigfoot" out there after all. An "Excellent" episode in my opinion.

Overall Rating: 10/10 duct.gif macsak.gif

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted on 10 March 2013 - 07:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

While I reacted when Bigfoot smashed through the window, for me the creepier moment was at the end when we hear Big Foot's cry/yell coming from the woods. For me, the unknown / unseen is scarier than the "in your face" threat.

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverisms
Posted on 10 March 2013 - 09:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:The Heist

That end scene always creeps me out to MacFan092985

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 10 March 2013 - 09:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

QUOTE (MacFan092985 @ 10 March 2013 - 04:45 PM)
While I reacted when Bigfoot smashed through the window, for me the creepier moment was at the end when we hear Big Foot's cry/yell coming from the woods. For me, the unknown / unseen is scarier than the "in your face" threat.

*Mmmmmwwwwooooeeeeaaaah* evil.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 10 March 2013 - 10:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams

When I first re-watched this one, I actually got an X-Files vibe. XD

I like this one as well. It's very suspenseful and spooky. I also like kind he is towards Karen. Poor kid...

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 1 July 2013 - 08:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Makedde @ 5 March 2011 - 11:55 PM)
Had to vote this one as being just average. I thought it was ridiculous. RDA did a good job, but the plotline was just so far out there, it turned the episode into a laughfest.

I'd expect to see someone attacked by a giant Bigfoot in a low budget horror movie starring B grade actors, not in my favourite TV show.

This one didn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

I think you (everyone) who thought this episode a bit ridiculous or far fetched - should be sentenced to a week of camping on their own in the Pacific Northwest wilderness. whistle.gif You'll hear noises and sounds that will make your hair stand straight up on end - guaranteed! Mountain lion and bear attacks can and do often happen and eyes are always watching you.

It's a very wild place with the legend of Sasquatch (or Bigfoot) originating amongst the native people of this region. Although unproven to date, it represents a being that captures the true essence of that part of the world where animals grow just a little larger, the trees seem to touch the sky and the Native North American folklore, giant totem poles and otherwise jurisdictional mystic sets a unique ambiance.

An excellent episode from start to finish that would stand very tall in 2013 with the greed/need for oil bordering on stupidity and with total disregard for the overall well-being of the environment. Not to mention the subplot of GPS satellites, plottings and otherwise navigation so essential/prominent today. The ship scene scared the baageeesuzzzz out of me, especially as I had not read any previous summary and bigfoot was far from my mind once Mac had left the forest and boarded the ship. And not to mention that Katey Wright is a Canadian cutie who also worked with RDA in Stargate SG-1(Heroes, Part 2)

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Mela_007
Posted on 1 July 2013 - 08:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Episode:Passages; Humanity

I have seen a couple of actors already on SG1 that also played on MacGyver. Besides John de Lancie (can't remember his MacGyver character name) who played on a few episodes of SG1 (Col. Simmons), I have also seen Breeze (Charles Andrew Pay e) on a couple episodes as an airman with a line or two.

I haven't seen Heroes yet, it's season 7 and I only have up through season 6 thus far. But I will watch for Katey.

"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted on 2 July 2013 - 09:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 31 January 2007 - 02:08 PM)
ok.. hands up.. who jumped out of their seats when bigfoot's hand smashes through the window?

*raises hand* Well, not quite out of my seat, but all the same it still made me jump... laugh.gif
Even when I rewatch this episode I get so into the episode that I forget about that and I usually jump. smile.gif
This was amomg some of the first episodes I saw.

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

NewMacFan
Posted on 8 August 2013 - 08:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Ok, who else saw this and immediately thought "Chewie!" when they saw bigfoot? tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 9 August 2013 - 01:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

.... no, not til now that is. laugh.gif

Imo, the first 3 seasons are riddled with 'borrowings' from popular films of the time .... which indicates a bit of an insecurity on a behalf of the decision makers one would think. They didn't have to pinch anything though - it had enough legs with the main character alone .....

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

denizen
Posted on 19 August 2014 - 04:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

This episode to me was one of the treasures of the series. You had an intense episode with a smooth balance of humor and dramatic thrown into the mix.

The campiness was absent from the episode and you followed Mac on a journey trying to finish a job he set out to do, protect a girl and unravel the mystery of the woods' inhabitant. That with some great MacGyverisms such as fixing the boat and finding water.

An the ending was a fun "What if" ending. biggrin.gif

It was great.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Harry1982
Posted on 19 August 2014 - 05:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Episode:Passages

QUOTE (denizen @ 20 August 2014 - 12:51 AM)
This episode to me was one of the treasures of the series. You had an intense episode with a smooth balance of humor and dramatic thrown into the mix.

The campiness was absent from the episode and you followed Mac on a journey trying to finish a job he set out to do, protect a girl and unravel the mystery of the woods' inhabitant. That with some great MacGyverisms such as fixing the boat and finding water.

An the ending was a fun "What if" ending.  biggrin.gif

It was great.

I love Ghost Ship a lot, I rated it 10 out of 10 and it's one of my favorite episodes. I also love the score by Ken Harrison in this one.

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cmbj67
Posted on 6 September 2014 - 01:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only

I like the episodes where Mac is in the woods and the episodes where he is with kids and this episode has both. I like the interaction Mac/Karin and how protective he is. biggrin.gif

I also like the suspence. I jumped when I saw for the first time the scene where Susquash breaks the window. surprise.gif

So this is a good episode IMHO. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted on 7 September 2014 - 12:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:Blow Out

Rated 10.I love that episode too. And Mac speaks French !!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 9 September 2014 - 07:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Hey, look what I found at the beer store the other day. The perfect pint to sit down and watch this episode with ....

Attached Image
Attached Image

KiwiTek
Posted on 11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

Awesome find!

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 12 September 2014 - 12:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

Ghost Ship is scariest MacGyver episode, but later watching Secret Of Parker house it was scariest, and even when I watched it middle of day, but not anymore. What I mean with "scary", is like getting sometimes cold shivers, when I watch the Ghost Ship, alone in home and without lights unsure.gif

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Ulysses
Posted on 9 October 2014 - 09:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

I have seen most of MacGyver's the episodes, but apart from those that I really like and watch over and over again, the rest I don't remember them, especially those I watched many years ago as a child, and I follow your votes here about which one to watch next.

I voted Excellent for this one. I also jumped out of my seat when the hand appeared.
I liked the suspense of this, the way Mac was wandering silently in the ship, the sound and music background...
However, for those same reasons, I can imagine it being really boring watching it for a second time without all this suspense.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 29 April 2015 - 11:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling

Lighting (cinematography) was pretty good in the scene where he walked in forest and was front of totem pole. It kind of gave little scary and odd mystic atmosphere.

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted on 4 June 2015 - 11:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!

ok.. hands up.. who jumped out of their seats when bigfoot's hand smashes through the window?

*raises both hands and waves them in the air*

I knew something was coming because it was so tense for so long, but when it came I almost dropped the device I was watching it on! happy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverisms_88
Posted on 21 January 2016 - 09:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose

So I never really understood the purpose as to why there was a giant man posing as Bigfoot on this episode.
Was he trying to scare people away so that those thieves could successfully steel the oil?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 21 January 2016 - 10:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah, you got your bar bouncers, and then you got your big oil thief bouncers. biggrin.gif
Sort of went with the landscape and spirituality of the region where it took place, too.
All good.

MacGyverisms_88
Posted on 21 January 2016 - 10:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose

^That makes sense.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 22 January 2016 - 02:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

They probably did their homework but what are the chances you actually might bump into someone so far in the woods?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll