Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

A little humor goes along way, I liked how Jake and Mac went back and forth Jack was all like happy go lucky and kid like and mac was like don't even go there.
i just hope they get the same cast, I saw Michael Des Barres in commercial and he looks still young. Bruce McGill still looks young too. i mean without the real cast the movie wouldn't be like the tv show was.

angus20
  Posted: 28 December 2010 - 07:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:all
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Greetings to all:

Any update related to this topic, thanks

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 12:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

There are no updates. sad.gif

Haven't heard a dickybird about it since the writer announcement.

All I can say is they better be making a damn good job of it.

Can anyone say The A-Team Movie?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 02:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 29 December 2010 - 09:26 AM)
There are no updates. sad.gif

Haven't heard a dickybird about it since the writer announcement.

All I can say is they better be making a damn good job of it.

Can anyone say The A-Team Movie?

Yes. *ahem* 'The A-Team Movie'. huh.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 03:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Um. I meant that as something for the MacGyver team to strive for.

It's the best TV show to movie conversion I've seen in a loooooong time.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 04:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

ya..the A-team movie wasn't all that great.... dry.gif

The True MacGyver
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 06:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Episode:Pilot

I give the A-Team movie some credit, though. If you go back and watch the show, a whole lot of the episodes were rather childish and contrived. But most of all, fun.

It really captured the feel of the show: creative, explosive, over-the-top fun.

A Dude's a Dude All Over the World - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 07:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Exactly!

It captured the essence of the show really well but still managed to bring it up to date. Which is what we want the MacGyver movie to do.

I'm not sure people actually read my first comment.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
The True MacGyver
Posted: 29 December 2010 - 07:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

If the screenwriter has the same kind of reverence, we'll be golden.

But if this guy wrote Rush Hour 3, I have my doubts. One and two both had a nice mix of action and humor. Three was just average at best. We'll see.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 December 2010 - 04:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

One script for a movie isn't the other. Can't always write a hit. Haven't seen Rush Hour 3 though but it's my style of film. Anyway what I mean is you can write a good script one time and one that turn out to be bad even if you put the same effort in it as before. Andrew Kevin Walker for instance wrote the script of Se7en. A high class thriller with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt. Than he wrote 8 MM. Also an even darker thriller with Nicholas Cage but with extreme violence in it. The way 8 MM was made make it seem as they wanted to make many fast and forget all about it. Or maybe it was the director Joel Schumager. Most of his films are like that, though I like them. He directed Flatliners written by Peter Felardi who wrote The Endangered episode.

Now if we had the writers of National Treasure for instance, you'd think we'd have more hope?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 December 2010 - 04:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

oh yeah! National Treasure is definitely in line to a MacGyver movie!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
The True MacGyver
Posted: 30 December 2010 - 07:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

It's kind of a toss-up, considering the vast range of tonal episodes in the series.

For every adventure like National Treasure, there was a preachy episode about drugs.

I'd say before we kind of critique screenwriters, we need to figure out what MacGyver movie we want.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 December 2010 - 08:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Good point. Maybe a good way to do that would be to start listing what we don't want.

We don't want a preachy PSA type movie.

Hands up who wants a good action adventure (Indy Jones/national treasure) type movie without any preaching?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 December 2010 - 02:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well actually, I don't want that. If you want adventure treasure hunting watch Indy or National Treasure. Than I opt more for a rescue mission type of film.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 3 January 2011 - 05:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

The main thing I hated about the A-team movie was when they just crushed the van without another thought.

I heard the MacGyver will come out in 2013 but who knows.

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 3 January 2011 - 06:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 31 December 2010 - 11:23 PM)
I opt more for a rescue mission type of film.

That's a good point.

it could well be fair to say that for a movie to work, it would need to be along the lines of a season 1 (maybe season 2) MacGyver.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 4 January 2011 - 09:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

A few thoughts....

I haven't seen the A-Team movie (or the TV series), so I can't judge that. But I'd say one of the best TV to Movie conversions was "The Fugitive." Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones did a fantastic job, as did the director, writer, and everyone else involved. I WISH we could get that level of quality for a MacGyver movie.

Regarding the casting: I used to hope that the original cast would be used, but at this point, I think it's extremely unlikely. RDA is getting too old, I think. I know Harrison Ford managed to do Indy 4, but Harrison kept in better shape than RDA did. I strongly suspect the Mac movie will bring a new, younger actor to the role. If the end result is as good as it was with The Fugitive, that's fine with me, though I have to say the nostalgic side of me would really enjoy seeing RDA reprise the role one last time.

Regarding the type of story I want to see:
I agree that it should be an action-oriented rescue mission kind-of-adventure. Or, if not a rescue mission, then maybe a plot involving sneaking across enemy lines to retrieve important information from a hostile nation, and then getting roped into a much larger situation.
There shouldn't be any preaching, though Mac should still maintain his aversion to guns (but I don't want to hear him preach about it.)

I'm on the fence about bringing in old characters like Jack Dalton, Murdoc, etc. If they can get the original actors, great, but otherwise, it may be best to not include those characters. However, Mac SHOULD be working for the Phoenix Foundation, and if they're recasting everyone, then Pete Thornton should be there. If they're sticking with the original actors for everyone else, then they should NOT recast Pete Thornton. They should just acknowledge that Pete died, and introduce a new chief of operations (Nikki Carpenter??)

Lots of things to consider....

But realistically, IF the movie ever gets made, here's how I see it being:
Mac will be recast as somebody younger, hipper, and slightly annoying. We won't like it. The script will be lame. The plot will be too tongue-in-cheek to the point of being annoying, the budget will be low so the look of the film will suffer. The Phoenix Foundation will be turned into some ultra-high-tech work place just for the heck of it. Pointless changes will be made (like maybe Mac's boss will be named Stanley Thornton or Pete Stanfield or whatever), Mac will have side-kick who will either be an ultra-cool black guy, or some impossibly good-looking young woman. Either way, that sidekick will end up being annoying and will hog up too much screen time.

Am I being too cynical? wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 January 2011 - 12:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The main thing I hated about the A-team movie was when they just crushed the van without another thought.

I guess you and my best friend share the same opinion. Though he claims it was not the exact same van. The wheels were diffirent, but I think those are replaceable. Anyway metal is easy to be fixed as Mac said after the jeep crashed in The Outsiders. And if I'm not mistaken the van went through a couple of dives and tumbles itself in the show.

That's a good point.

it could well be fair to say that for a movie to work, it would need to be along the lines of a season 1 (maybe season 2) MacGyver.

A ten minute opener just to set the stage and than the movie evolves into the main part of a larger mission. hmm.bmp

I haven't seen the A-Team movie (or the TV series), so I can't judge that.

Though I haven't seen the show completely, I have seen many episodes though over the years and I've seen the movie. Actually my best friend is the big A-Team fan of the two of us as I am the Macfan. And he said the movie stayed very close to the basics of the show, it was just updated to the present times. Anyway the movie worked out for me but there could be multiple reasons for that. Stephen J. Canell did produce the movie however as he did the show and I think he did keep a watchful eye.

So Lee, Henry, John, Stephen if you're out there...

To my surprise the brothers Scott (Ridley and Tony) were also producers of the film. They've done their share of action flicks (The Last Boyscout, Black Rain). So it's their territory and The A-Team was known for over the top action.

I'd say try it, first the show than the movie. The movie did quite good so their might be hope.

But I'd say one of the best TV to Movie conversions was "The Fugitive." Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones did a fantastic job, as did the director, writer, and everyone else involved. I WISH we could get that level of quality for a MacGyver movie.

I never saw the original show though but I do like that movie very much. It gets 4,5 stars out of five on allmovie. That actually means something. A solid re-telling, and having good actors like Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones and Jeroen Krabbé. There's a bit of everything: action, drama, thriller. Good mix.

But reaching that level of quality... The only person I trust that would be able to make a solid MacGyver movie (with eventually or more likely a younger cast) is JJ Abrams. I've always said that because he made a very good third Mission Impossible film with old school action in it. In 2006 it was one of the first good old school and good old fashioned action films I had seen in a very long time. And I think you can more than well say he revived Star Trek because that one scores even better than M-I III. Two movies from old tv-shows that did very well at the theatres.

There's also Chris Nolan but that's doubtful too. I think we would get top notch entertainment but maybe a darker and more complicated story.

Peter Jackson, I think he understands the kind entertainment we're looking for but I think he would be busy for the next three years with The Hobbit and Tintin.

Regarding the casting: I used to hope that the original cast would be used, but at this point, I think it's extremely unlikely. RDA is getting too old, I think. I know Harrison Ford managed to do Indy 4, but Harrison kept in better shape than RDA did.

You never know. But it's through both Harrison and Sly kept in good shape. But I always said that I don't care if they can run long distances or run after car on foot as long they can swap punches in a good fight. It's more than enough for me.

I strongly suspect the Mac movie will bring a new, younger actor to the role.

Than my vote goes to Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost). Yeah I know a lot of Lost peoples. Last when I saw it I said Evangeline Lilly would be a great Nikki Carpenter.

If the end result is as good as it was with The Fugitive, that's fine with me, though I have to say the nostalgic side of me would really enjoy seeing RDA reprise the role one last time.

I guess you're not alone in that feeling. smile.gif

Regarding the type of story I want to see:
I agree that it should be an action-oriented rescue mission kind-of-adventure. Or, if not a rescue mission, then maybe a plot involving sneaking across enemy lines to retrieve important information from a hostile nation, and then getting roped into a much larger situation.
There shouldn't be any preaching, though Mac should still maintain his aversion to guns (but I don't want to hear him preach about it.)

If we get into hostile nations, I think it's very likely we would end up in the Middle-East and the movie might get a more controversial touch. It's debatable if that's a good or a bad thing. It could also be about fictional countries. There's no Iron Curtain anymore in our world, a splitted Germany, no bad Russians or Chinese anymore. Though I think Chinese baddies can an interesting idea though and it sticks close to many of the Chinese episodes. After all China has always played a great part in the world history and is probably now even a bigger nation than it was in the '80s.

I'm on the fence about bringing in old characters like Jack Dalton, Murdoc, etc. If they can get the original actors, great, but otherwise, it may be best to not include those characters. However, Mac SHOULD be working for the Phoenix Foundation, and if they're recasting everyone, then Pete Thornton should be there. If they're sticking with the original actors for everyone else, then they should NOT recast Pete Thornton. They should just acknowledge that Pete died, and introduce a new chief of operations (Nikki Carpenter??)

I don't think it would be that hard to get Bruce McGill and maybe Michael Des Barres neither. Recasting them... I can't exactly say who else can play Jack Dalton besides Bruce. Who else can have or look good with a bushy moustache and a left eye twitch? And Murdoc should be a British actor. Maybe have a look in England. Max Beesley maybe? He played a bad guy in Survivors, all he have to do is dye his hair a bit. But maybe his face is a bit too clear, he misses that darkness Murdoc had in Strictly Business. Maybe Christian Bale playing a bad guy for a change. Except he's not British. Or what about Cillian Murphy? Okay, the difference would be that Murdoc's dark brown eyes will be replaced by ice cold piercing blue eyes.

The only person who was capable or at least good enough to replace Dana Elcar was Don Davis. Except he's dead too. Imagine they come with W. Morgan Shepard. Now that would be disgraceful.

Lots of things to consider....

Yes indeed.

Mac will be recast as somebody younger, hipper, and slightly annoying. We won't like it.

Chances are likely. I just hope it's no one of the hype flicks of the moment like Eclips and stuff because that's 16 year old (girls probably) entertainment.

The script will be lame.

You don't know that, let's not jump to any conclusions.

The plot will be too tongue-in-cheek to the point of being annoying

Maybe.

the budget will be low so the look of the film will suffer.

Again, you don't know that. Of course it all depends on expenses. If you think it would be a low budget film, we'd better ask for another tv-movie or it probably ends up in direct-to-dvd-hell. If I want the film to look good in matters of bright colors and etcetera I'd call Jerry Bruckheimer for money and Michael Bay for directing. I hope you like Michael Bay and his flicks. tongue.gif If not the usual stuff will do good enough for me at least.

Mac will have side-kick who will either be an ultra-cool black guy

Yeah, carrying the name Breeze or Billy Colton. In fact they might still get Cuba Gooding Jr to play the role.

or some impossibly good-looking young woman.

Yeah, like Elisha Cuthbert or Michelle Rodriguez or maybe Jessica Alba. hmm.bmp

Either way, that sidekick will end up being annoying and will hog up too much screen time.

Yeah and they're usually that ones that needs to be saved. biggrin.gif

Am I being too cynical?

Just a little. smile.gif
But I can understand your worries.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 January 2011 - 02:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Mac will be recast as somebody younger, hipper, and slightly annoying. We won't like it. The script will be lame. The plot will be too tongue-in-cheek to the point of being annoying, the budget will be low so the look of the film will suffer. The Phoenix Foundation will be turned into some ultra-high-tech work place just for the heck of it. Pointless changes will be made (like maybe Mac's boss will be named Stanley Thornton or Pete Stanfield or whatever), Mac will have side-kick who will either be an ultra-cool black guy, or some impossibly good-looking young woman. Either way, that sidekick will end up being annoying and will hog up too much screen time.

Am I being too cynical?

Remember that the original creator of the show Lee Zlutoff is an exec producer for the movie and hopefully that means that he's going to have a strong influence on the film.

I'm really hoping that the fact that it's taking so long to write the script means they are being pedantic about getting it right.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 5 January 2011 - 08:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 5 January 2011 - 10:55 AM)
I'm really hoping that the fact that it's taking so long to write the script means they are being pedantic about getting it right.

It would be nice if that were the case, but a lot of times when a movie takes a long time to get made it isn't because it's going to be high-quality. More likely, it's because of one or both of the following:

1. It's been put on the back-burner because the studio or whoever doesn't really care about it and prefers to work on other things

2. Nobody can agree on a concept, so the final product ends up being a hodge-podge of various ideas which don't really gel together very well

Look at what happened with the fourth Indy movie. I enjoyed it, but the general concensus is that it was a subpar film, despite the fact that they took a LONG time to make it.

I know I'm probably being WAY too cynical. I just have a hard time believing that this movie will really be very good if it's ever made. I hope I'm wrong. MacGyver has the potential to be a GREAT movie (and maybe even a long-running movie franchise) if handled properly, but I guess I've seen these things get botched too many times.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 January 2011 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Remember that the original creator of the show Lee Zlutoff is an exec producer for the movie and hopefully that means that he's going to have a strong influence on the film.

I'd like to think that's what made The A-Team movie so good. Stephen J. Canell was also an exec producer for the movie.

Yeah but we haven't heard anything yet in a while. No news means good news? I hope that's the fact as well.

It would be nice if that were the case, but a lot of times when a movie takes a long time to get made it isn't because it's going to be high-quality.

It took five years to make Titanic (bad example maybe) and also Rocky Balboa took a very long time before it was greenlit.

More likely, it's because of one or both of the following:

1. It's been put on the back-burner because the studio or whoever doesn't really care about it and prefers to work on other things

That would be the studio more likely.

2. Nobody can agree on a concept, so the final product ends up being a hodge-podge of various ideas which don't really gel together very well

Look at what happened with the fourth Indy movie. I enjoyed it, but the general concensus is that it was a subpar film, despite the fact that they took a LONG time to make it.

Actually Indy started off with a bang for me but it was slipping near the end. They said they wouldn't do CGI but they did. That's one thing. And I also think David Koepp could've done a better scenario. He wrote Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible, Minority Report, War of the Worlds too (I think). Now I wonder what Frank Darabont did because his scenario was turned down even though Spielberg and Harrison Ford were happy about it except for George Lucas. Frank Darabont made The Mist in response I think.

I know I'm probably being WAY too cynical. I just have a hard time believing that this movie will really be very good if it's ever made. I hope I'm wrong. MacGyver has the potential to be a GREAT movie (and maybe even a long-running movie franchise) if handled properly, but I guess I've seen these things get botched too many times.

First of all, don't set your expectations too high. A lot of films I like sucked at the box-office but every last one of them has their charm to it. This is I think one of those movies, I'd like to know the less the better, just as with Rocky Balboa.

Let's not expect a five star or a four star film. Four is probably what it can get the most. I'd be happy and consider it succeeded when it gets three stars. Two and a half is a give or take matter. But that's discussing movie points.

Maybe it would be even better if Lee David Zlotoff would produce, write and direct it on his own.

Now I just read that magazine interview, apparently everything is still in the works. But from when is that interview?

Give it the benefit of the doubt.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 6 January 2011 - 01:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 6 January 2011 - 08:12 AM)
Now I wonder what Frank Darabont did because his scenario was turned down even though Spielberg and Harrison Ford were happy about it except for George Lucas.

I don't think it would have been an improvement, really. Here's a summary from someone who read it (you can find the script on various torrent sites)---
----
Having read the whole thing, and having enjoyed the movie, I have to say that I'm glad they passed on this script. Either Darabont's or Koepp's script could have been revised and made into a better movie than the one we got, but Darabont's as is is not really better. He has Indiana get drunk and steal the idol (from Raiders) in a parody/callback of the scene from Raiders. He has Indy not scared of snakes and then get eaten alive(!) by a giant one. He doesn't have Indy's son in it, so Indy himself gets to swing on vines (twice) and have a monkey poop on his chest (really). He has Indy and Marion recreate almost word for word far too many of their lines from Raiders. He doesn't have Spalko and instead has an excessive number of bad guys that seem more or less interchangeable. He has the rocket sled sequence, he has the fridge sequence, he has the waterfall sequence too (only instead of surviving three waterfalls in a vehicle designed to be a boat they survive four waterfalls in a truck.) He has the UFO ending. He has red ants (but they're giant!) and a tree that catches the vehicle as it drives off the cliff and then springs back to wipeout pursuing bad guys. In fact he has so much that made it into the movie I feel like he should get a screen credit (and thus residual payments). To be fair I did like the way he wrote Marion, the Crystal Skull itself (no magnetism and a visual indication of what happens when you look into its eyes), the Sallah cameo and the first (but not the second - why must both Henry Joneses get drunk?) scene with Indy's father... but Sean Connery retired so that would have had to be re-written even if they had gone with this script.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
WhatMeWorry?
Posted: 8 June 2011 - 06:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Easy Target

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 31 December 2010 - 04:30 PM)
We don't want a preachy PSA type movie.

Maybe just a little preach. tongue.gif

Just for the sake of nostalgia, I mean it was a part of the show.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 8 June 2011 - 08:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week

I'm not sure if I want a MacGyver movie without RDA. RDA was MacGyver, no one else could possibly fill his shoes. I guess if he was interested and offered enough money he could spend a few months getting in shape.
The script would have be amazing for it to do well. Last thing I'd want is for a MacGyver movie that sucked - especially if the script was written by someone who didn't know anything about the show or the character.

The script must be written by a Mac expert - we don't want to watch the movie and find nit pick after nit pick. Makes me think of the Terminator TV series - the Sarah Connor Chronicles, which came after the films. There are so many mistakes in that show its obvious the scripts weren't written by a die hard Terminator fan (I confess I am one of those diehards who can pick up on even the tiniest nitpick)

I want RDA to be in the movie, though. Not interested in anyone younger. As far as I am concerned, RDA IS MacGyver and only he can play him.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 8 June 2011 - 09:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Lee David Zlutoff is one of the producers of the movie. Can't get much more expert than that, although it would be fair to say he didn't have anything to do with the show once it got going, so he wouldn't actually be an expert on the characters development etc over the seasons.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 9 June 2011 - 07:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 9 June 2011 - 05:33 PM)
Lee David Zlutoff is one of the producers of the movie. Can't get much more expert than that, although it would be fair to say he didn't have anything to do with the show once it got going, so he wouldn't actually be an expert on the characters development etc over the seasons.

Then they should get someone who does know about the characters to ensure the movie is satisfactory. Remember, it will be mostly the die hard fans who go to see this, and if there is only one mistake, we'll pick up on it quicker than you can snap your fingers.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 9 June 2011 - 09:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Makedde @ 10 June 2011 - 04:29 PM)
Then they should get someone who does know about the characters to ensure the movie is satisfactory. Remember, it will be mostly the die hard fans who go to see this, and if there is only one mistake, we'll pick up on it quicker than you can snap your fingers.

I think that's the point people are missing. This film isn't being made for the die hard fans. It'll be made to capture today's audience with the ultimate goal of creating enough interest and new fan base to warrant making at least a sequel.

I'll put money on this film being based on Zlotoffs original action/adventure vision of the show, not what it turned into in later seasons.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 10 June 2011 - 01:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 10 June 2011 - 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (Makedde @ 10 June 2011 - 04:29 PM)

I think that's the point people are missing. This film isn't being made for the die hard fans. It'll be made to capture today's audience with the ultimate goal of creating enough interest and new fan base to warrant making at least a sequel.

I'll put money on this film being based on Zlotoffs original action/adventure vision of the show, not what it turned into in later seasons.

Maybe it isn't being made for the die hards, but the die hards will flock to see it. Most people who like MacGyver watched the show when it was airing on TV more than 20 years ago. Few people have become fans in recent years from watching a few episodes when the reruns air.

I really think that if there was going to be a film, it should have been made years ago. Its been nearly 20 years since MacGyver last aired on TV, a film should have been made within the first ten years of it going off air. And again, the movie should never, ever be made without the man who IS MacGyver, RDA himself.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 13 June 2011 - 12:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Makeing a MacGyver movie will be strange and interesting , how will MacGyver

handle all the tech thats in the world now, I know he will be the same old Mac we

know, but this got me thinking what if they had a tv show of MacGyver now will it

be like Burn Notice without the main guy of the show without guns?

WhatMeWorry?
Posted: 31 August 2011 - 01:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Easy Target

My ideal MacGyver film would stay true to the MacGyver canon, NOT a remake. Although with the news of an "ageless" Mac in the upcoming comic book, it does not look too likely. To me there is no "ageless" remake Mac, there is only one Mac who is about 60 years old now.

If the writers were to remake the character I think it would be very cool if they made a film adaptation of an episode. "Easy Target" comes to mind as an episode that would be great as a movie. Off the top of my head, I think "Pilot", "Target MacGyver", "The Invisible Killer", and "Renegade" would all be great movies too.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll