Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Penny Parker
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
user posted image [ 6 ]  [13.95%]
user posted image [ 12 ]  [27.91%]
user posted image [ 16 ]  [37.21%]
Total Votes: 43
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 26 December 2007 - 08:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Penny Parker

MacGyver's scatterbrained friend. An aspiring singer and actress, Penny is one of those people, according to MacGyver, who needs "looking after."

She met MacGyver at a Bulgarian airport, but not under the best of circumstances; both were detained after police found Penny's jewels (which were later revealed to be the stolen crown jewels) in MacGyver's pocket.

After a happy ending, Penny appeared again in Los Angeles, having "borrowed" Mac's apartment while she earned a living as a singing telegram. She enlisted MacGyver's help in solving the mystery of her aunt Betty's house and, presumably, is still trying to make it as an actress.

Read full bio

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
BigMac
Posted on 2 January 2008 - 05:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

This character annoyed me to no end. I believe Teri Hatcher once said she really regretted taking this part. I think her character is basically an insult to all females. The worst character in the series in my opinion.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 3 January 2008 - 05:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Ohh terri hatcher I can't stand the way she acts in some of the ep's but that totally goes out the window because she is terri hatcher and very hot MacG.gif

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 3 January 2008 - 11:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber

She makes me laugh so she gets a good vote from me. Yes, she can be annoying but she entertains me. I find her harmless fun and I love some of the lines she comes out with. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted on 5 January 2008 - 06:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

I'm with BigMac

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
perfectlykevin
Posted on 7 January 2008 - 08:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Can I say "all?"

I liked her and thought she added something to the show. She remineded me of a freind of mine too. whistle.gif Ditzy? Sure, but I don't think she was representative of all the women on the show. In fact I think she was the only one with that personality.

Didn't she also work at the Phoenix Foundation? I thought I rememeber that in some flashback episode. hmm.bmp

Kev

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 7 January 2008 - 08:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

No she never did officially work at the foundation.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 12 January 2008 - 10:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

Penny Parker... love her, hate her?

When I first saw MacGyver, I really didn't think anything about her.

She was:
Pretty, check.
Talented, yeah... kinda. So, check.
Ditsy, check.
Annoying, check. (the voice especially)
Whiny, checkcheck...

...and all the guys liked her, so basically her job had been done. Did I watch an episode just because she was on...? No, but I didn't turn the TV off either.

Take her or leave her... I think my real problem is not with Penny Parker, but with Teri Hatcher. Budding actress getting a plum role that launched her career. (Love Boat really didn't count...)

I watched her in Lois and Clark, but not in Desperate Housewives. *shrug*

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 13 January 2008 - 12:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Penny Parker grew up and turned into this....

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 13 January 2008 - 05:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

She could at least smile. I used to have dozens of pictures of her. Deleted them all.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 14 January 2008 - 05:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Aww the pic of terri hatchet isn't working Rock. I wanted to see it.

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 15 January 2008 - 04:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
jknnej
Posted on 4 February 2008 - 03:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I sort of liked her character because she was so charmingly dumb, but overall a nice person. The episodes with her in them were pretty good, I think. Thank God MacGyver never liked her romantically, though.
Hatcher can't complain, either, cus' it did launch her career. She was a nobody before MacGyver and it helped her get her role on Lois and Clark, not to mention make some cash.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Janet Marie
Posted on 10 February 2008 - 12:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:Pilot
Jacket:  Black leather

I really enjoyed the episode Parker House. It was great of MacGyver to be a true friend of Penny. It is too bad there are not more individuals who can be such a true friend. Does anyone else feel this way? Janet Marie

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
The True MacGyver
Posted on 10 March 2008 - 03:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Episode:Pilot

Her naive outlook and demeanor seemed to be fake at first. But she developed into a person who is generally sees the good in people. She is a genuinely caring and positive person. This really made her a good partner for Mac who is constantly battling the bad in people.

A Dude's a Dude All Over the World - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SwissArmy
Posted on 9 April 2008 - 04:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Why Yall Dont like penny. I really like her character. She is clueless and that is what i find funy about her.

" I thought i was slow comming out of the esphogus." penny parker, cleo rocks

Liz1976
Posted on 4 June 2008 - 10:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites

I like Penny, I just think she's soo bubbly, and she just talks a mile a minute. She's well intentioned, good hearted, pretty, but I agree that she's not for Mac is a romantic sense. I find it annoying when she kisses him.
Favorite Penny Parker scenes for each episode:
Every Time She Smiles: Her and Mac in the bathrobes - laugh.gif
Soft Touch: Penny and Yuri in the meat freezer and get rescued by Mac-great MacGyverism!
Friends: Penny meets Jack Dalton
Secret of the Parker House: The part where Pennty is so scared and nearly clobbers Mac with the iron rod, and he's holding Aunt Betty's skull: harhar.gif
Cleo Rocks: I hate the whole opening with her dancing, sorry fellas, but I like the stuff between her and Murdoc- and the best is when she kicks the gun from Murdoc's hand boxing.gif
Serenity: The look on Mac's face when Penny is on his answering machine singing Oh Susannah! ohmy.gif

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
John Litteral
Posted on 4 December 2008 - 09:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Victorianox

Favorites
Episode:changes often

Very pretty and ditzy. I enjoy watching her get Mac into crazy situations and testing his patience and attention span.

He who is self taught is better off; yet on the otherhand, he does well when he listens to those who speak rightly. Aristotle Ethics

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 13 December 2008 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (The True MacGyver @ 11 March 2008 - 11:01 AM)
Her naive outlook and demeanor seemed to be fake at first. But she developed into a person who is generally sees the good in people. She is a genuinely caring and positive person. This really made her a good partner for Mac who is constantly battling the bad in people.

There are definately moments too when Penny stops being an airhead (even if it is for a short time) and speaks her mind. One of my favorite Penny scenes is in Cleo Rocks where she stands up for herself with Wintergreen the theater owner. And even with Mac, she lets him know that innocence and naivete don't equate with stupid.

In Cleo Rocks, Mac asks her "Are you sure you weren't just spooked by the lights going out?"
And Penny says, "MacGyver I know what I saw!" She refuses to be treated like a ditz.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc12
Posted on 10 March 2009 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Episode:The Assassin & Partners

I really disliked her, she was just stupid and qwerky and really clueless. I never got why a cool guy like Mac liked a ditzy girl like Penny. She just was to dumb to be with a smart guy like MacGyver. I voted poor.

"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
dinoman
Posted on 23 March 2009 - 04:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Loft

Sometimes Penny could be annoying but this is not her only quality. She was attractive to many people in 'Every Time She Smiles': the KGB officer, the Greek officer, there were even men buying her drink when she was at the restaurant waiting for Mac to come back! Not to mention Murdoc, a cold-hearted killer, was also attracted by her beauty and her character. She could be a lovely lady if she can keep the pitch of her voice down a little bit.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 23 March 2009 - 06:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Murdoc12 @ 11 March 2009 - 10:03 AM)
I really disliked her, she was just stupid and qwerky and really clueless. I never got why a cool guy like Mac liked a ditzy girl like Penny. She just was to dumb to be with a smart guy like MacGyver. I voted poor.

I think it's called seeing good in everyone.

And thats what MacGyver did. He saw her as innocent and naive; A kind gentle person.

He seemed to have a big brother complex towards her. There was never anything else to their relationship.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 24 March 2009 - 07:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (jknnej @ 5 February 2008 - 11:24 AM)
I sort of liked her character because she was so charmingly dumb, but overall a nice person. The episodes with her in them were pretty good, I think. Thank God MacGyver never liked her romantically, though.
Hatcher can't complain, either, cus' it did launch her career. She was a nobody before MacGyver and it helped her get her role on Lois and Clark, not to mention make some cash.

Teri Hatcher started out on a soap opera called Captial back in the early to mid 80's. Then she showed up on MacGyver. I really liked her in Lois and Clark. I'm glad that Penny and Mac had a brother-sister realtionship. tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 24 March 2009 - 10:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Yeah and Los and Clark helped land her the role on Desperate Housewives.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc12
Posted on 24 March 2009 - 11:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Episode:The Assassin & Partners

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 24 March 2009 - 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Murdoc12 @ 11 March 2009 - 10:03 AM)

I think it's called seeing good in everyone.

And thats what MacGyver did. He saw her as innocent and naive; A kind gentle person.

He seemed to have a big brother complex towards her. There was never anything else to their relationship.

I don't think there is much good in her. She is just extremely annoying and the only good thing she does in the show is provide a character to laugh at.

"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 26 March 2009 - 11:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I'm not crazy about her now, but I'm an adult now. As a kid, I used to really enjoy the episodes she was in, and I was sorry that she stopped appearing later in the series. Keeping in mind that MacGyver IS a kids' show, and she appealed to me as a kid, I guess she was a good character. Sometimes it's easy to make the mistake of judging these things as an adult, when adults weren't really the target the audience.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 29 March 2009 - 06:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I don't see MacGyver as a "kids show". I watched it in my 20's and even to this day I'll watch a episode on the computer. I'm now in my 40's. I remember MacGyver taking on such issues as racism, the enviroment, gang wars, drug use, kids bullying, and gun issues.; and even how war veterens are treated. At the end of the Challengers Club episode it gave a number so that young people had a place to call. Yes it encouraged kids to get involved with science. But the issues that it brought attention to are as relevent today as they were back in the 80-90's. Too me we could use more MacGyver like series. sak.gif

PM                                                                     
aatgmac
Posted on 1 April 2009 - 06:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Minichamp

Favorites
Episode:

We really could. Probably do the world of good, lots of issues solved with violence in shows today unfortunately.

Back to Penny, I think she was ok for an episode once in a while, giving Mac reasons to pull stressed faces which I love happy.gif

Too much however got kind of annoying. Way too happy. How is that possible?

-Every Action has an equal and opposite reaction

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 1 April 2009 - 07:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

As MacGyver had said: "shes the type of girl that needs to be looking after alot."
and his words was right, she did have a kind side to her but over all she is a scatter brain.

SMeeceymouse
Posted on 1 April 2009 - 08:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I agree too much Penny is too much. I think she was a character that Mac could play big brother too. Frankly she plucked his nerves, and mine. Teri Hatcher could have made her a stronger character in the writers had let her, or written the character. It seems a waste of talent. Even on Desperate Housewives she is Penny Parker kind of scatter brained. smile.gif

PM                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll