What Would MacGyver Do?, Tell us about your MacGyverisms!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
denizen
Posted: 22 October 2017 - 08:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Sounds great. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 24 October 2017 - 04:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

Right on!!! Isn't it fun? thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted: 3 November 2017 - 06:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Mountaineer

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

This sounds pretty simple but my mother has one of those electric stoves with the white glass top instead of coiled burners. She had a scorched area on one of the burners that has been there for about a year. She has tried lots of household cleaners to try to remove it without any success. Tonight I was helping her clean her kitchen and could not leave the ugly scorch mark there any longer. I looked around her kitchen for a solution to the issue when I spotted the salt shaker. I got the stovetop wet, poured a small pile of salt on the stain and rubbed gently. The entire stain had completely disappeared.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 4 November 2017 - 12:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Beth your timing of this is awesome biggrin.gif I've been trying to find the same thing for our glasstop....saved me some legwork! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted: 4 November 2017 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 4 November 2017 - 12:41 PM)
Beth your timing of this is awesome biggrin.gif I've been trying to find the same thing for our glasstop....saved me some legwork! thumbsup.gif

Glad I could help Barry! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted: 4 November 2017 - 05:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (beth @ 4 November 2017 - 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 4 November 2017 - 12:41 PM)
Beth your timing of this is awesome biggrin.gif   I've been trying to find the same thing for our glasstop....saved me some legwork!   thumbsup.gif

Glad I could help Barry! thumbsup.gif

The idea actually came from the salt and ice cube trick for cleaning the glass coffee pot for the coffee maker. Put salt and a few ice cubes in the glass coffee pot and swirl around. It cleans off the coffee residue without scratching the glass and won't potentially leave chemicals in the pot.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 5 November 2017 - 06:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Learned another new trick then! This thread is great for sharing all kinds of fun solutions thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 16 November 2017 - 01:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I had a Mac moment today. I've been having issues with my trusty Subaru hesitating and missing, so I'm trying the cheapest fix first. Ask me how I learned that lesson sometime.... hmm.bmp Anyway, I went and picked up a bottle of fuel injection cleaner from the auto parts store. Wouldn't you know it, but the bottle wouldn't fit the filler of the car. If I tried to pour it in, it would just bypass the tank and straight onto the ground. I thought there was no way I was going to go and buy a funnel, and I went looking in the glove box. I had some envelopes in there and thought: If I fold them in the shape of a funnel, it should hold up long enough for the size of the bottle I had to pour. Sure enough, the envelope had enough strength to push the little flap back and allow me to pour the cleaner into the tank! Not engineering caliber but it felt good! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted: 16 November 2017 - 02:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

Good thinking. It doesn't have to be fancy. It just needs to work!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 16 November 2017 - 02:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

So true my friend!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 2 December 2017 - 08:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I was hanging the outdoor Christmas lights last week and (inadvertently) left the ladder in the middle of the driveway. And so at dusk, got in the car and side-swiped it(the ladder) with the passenger fender. It didn't 'sound' bad at all and the ladder was one of those superlight fibreglass things. I didn't even feel a need to look at it ..... til the next morning, that is. What I saw amazed me, a large melon sized pock above the wheel base. So I decided to call the insurance co. They said my policy, allowed me one 'mulligan' for a my fault accident. So, I took it to their preferred auto body shop. They took pictures from every angle and in a few days produced a quote. $1200.00 to fix it. No charge to me, but with the usual insurance company repercussions (re: they get back and keep things 'on file').

...... so I decided to check out youtube, to see what was up in the DIYs. Long story short, a dollar store kitchen plunger, and a bucket of hot water - and I defy anyone to find the remnants of the dent.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 6 December 2017 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Way to go Joe!! I can't tell you how many times (and how much money and hassles) YouTube has saved me over the years. thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll