DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 7 February 2018 - 06:34 PM)
True. I never played much Mario, but my niece has brought over wii games and played them on the wii, so I play them with her sometimes. How come Mario can smash bricks with his fists, but dies when he touches a turtle? huh.gif

Don't forget he can smash them with his head too... biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 9 February 2018 - 06:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

QUOTE (denizen @ 8 February 2018 - 11:30 PM)
Behind closed doors. biggrin.gif Could be!

I should hopefully be picking up my copy of Resident Evil 2 tomorrow!
user posted image

Sweeeet!!!

Such a great game. Though, I just recently found out that Alyson Court, who was Claire's original voice actress, had been reached out to by Capcom to possibly do the voice for Claire in the RE2 make.

But, Capcom isn't going with the union she's with, so she won't be doing the part. Which is kinda sad because she basically is Claire Redfield. BOO!

Temporarily have gone back to Fallout 4. Bethesda has this Creation Club thing where they have been released new mod content. I just got a cool pack where I can built a donut/coffee shop. One of the reasons I play Fallout 4 so much is because I can just play it... my character is extremely over powered, plus I have an OP companion.

I'm trying to find a new franchise to play... possibly thinking of playing through the Dragon Age games. It's basically Mass Effect with dragons. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 February 2018 - 09:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Has anyone else on here ever played Fate? I used to play that game a lot, and still sometimes do. I still think that game has an AMAZING soundtrack.

Attached Image
Attached Image

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 February 2018 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyver85 @ 8 February 2018 - 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 7 February 2018 - 06:34 PM)
True. I never played much Mario, but my niece has brought over wii games and played them on the wii, so I play them with her sometimes. How come Mario can smash bricks with his fists, but dies when he touches a turtle? huh.gif

Don't forget he can smash them with his head too... biggrin.gif

When my niece brought one of her Mario games over about a month ago, she was trying to show me how to play it. I never understood why I was trying to spank a creature who just hatched, and was trying to kill me. It's a baby, so I felt bad trying to smack it's bottom until if died, or whatever. Not to mention that it's egg was so conveniently placed in the middle of a planet that was barely as big as the creature itself. The whole time I was like, "Why am I doing this?" huh.gif
What can I say? I guess Mario's not for me. tongue.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 10 February 2018 - 09:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 10 February 2018 - 12:06 PM)
Has anyone else on here ever played Fate? I used to play that game a lot, and still sometimes do. I still think that game has an AMAZING soundtrack.

Can't say that I have!

At that point I had moved to consoles... mostly the PS2. Any PC games I played were like... Sims 2 or Chuzzle. I LOVED Chuzzle. We also used to play Mystery Case Files a lot. My Dad enjoyed those. Return to Ravenhearst was his favorite, and actually... mine too. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 11 February 2018 - 10:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

I havent played it either. Looks interesting.

I managed to get my Resident Evil 2 and started playing again. Man, it brought back so many memories and it plays very well! Haven't played much. Only got to the police station with Leon and saved But its awesome!

I also decided to start playing Enter the Matrix after i got into the whole Matrix thing again. Its quite a fun game and you can choose between 2 characters to play. Ghost (My fave) & Niobe.

user posted image

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 February 2018 - 04:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Used to have that on the original Xbox.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 February 2018 - 06:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 10 February 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Some samples of my favorite songs from the game in case anyone's curious. This fills me with nostalgia. biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 February 2018 - 08:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Interesting. This one must have passed me by.

For anyone that is interested the Commodore 64 is making its comeback this year...
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 20 February 2018 - 05:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

They're just trying to make a comeback for everything lately, aren't they? XD

@Dragondog - You might like the music for Skyrim. I actually find really long edits of them and play them at work because they're incredibly peaceful. My boss is always asking me... "so, what are you listening to today?" XD And it's always something different. I play of Disney park loops too.

I'll post the two that are my favorites in a few minutes in the music thread. happy.gif

And... guess what I'm playing Denizen?

If you guessed Fallout 4, you'd be right! Congratulations! You get a gold star! biggrin.gif

...I'm playing an actually decent mod that expands on the "Glowing Sea", which is where the bomb fell and it's heavily radiated. But, whoever made this mod upped the ante, and there's not enough Rad-X in my inventory. I walked into a room with 155+ Rads per second, took two steps before I knew what was going on and promptly died. *grumbles*

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 February 2018 - 08:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

You have certainly played that game to its full capacity, good for you! laugh.gif

I have a bad habit of starting things but never finishing them. Then i am inundated with too many games and not much on which to choose to play.

I guess mostly because i hardly have much time to play other than Friday or Saturday nights starting at around 10-11pm. yawn.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 February 2018 - 08:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

So, Metal Gear Survive.

For as long as i can remember, I have been a huge Metal Gear fan. Even from the days of the Nintendo when the original Metal Gear 1&2 were released right up to my first obsessive inclusion with Metal Gear Solid.

Well, the departure of Hideo Kojima (Creator) from Konami has left a lot of people feeling uncomfortable at the fate of the series in unknown hands.

Enter Metal Gear Survive. The latest in the series without the involvement of its creator. Furthermore this one takes place in an alternate universe where members of MSF get sucked into a wormhole and land up in a nightmare world where the dead are alive and they are their food. Uh...Huh????

Well, before we completely destroy this title, Hideo Kojima actually wanted to release a "Zombie" styled Metal Gear title and so Komani did good on that. It is also considered a spin off and bears no change to the original story-line.

So far reviews about the game's play-ability itself have been promising except for being charged a crazy $10 for an additional save slot when in play?!

Yes. I could not resist (Its Metal Gear!) and got me a copy on the weekend. So delighted to try it out, was bummed when after it installed required a day one update. dry.gif

With my data so low near the end of the month, had to give it a miss till my data gets upped on the 1st. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 March 2018 - 10:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Looks like the new Titanic game: Honor and Glory is making great progress.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 March 2018 - 11:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

If anyone else on here plays The Dog Island, could you please PM me or something? I love the game, but don't know anyone else who does. sad.gif

Dear Ubisoft: WE NEED A SEQUEL!

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 8 March 2018 - 08:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sorry Dragondog, I dont know of the game. Is it only for the Wii?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 9 March 2018 - 07:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (denizen @ 8 March 2018 - 10:27 PM)
Sorry Dragondog, I dont know of the game. Is it only for the Wii?

It's also for the PS2, but that's it.

It's pretty juvenile, compared to Metal Gear Solid, but it's my thing, I guess. tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 March 2018 - 07:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, I have yet to receive a PM, so I just may be the only one here who plays it.

Anyway, in case anyone's wondering, The Dog Island is a game about a dog (you choose the gender, breed, color, and name) who goes to The Dog Island on a quest to find a cure for their little sibling's terminal illness. The player must travel around doing quests and sniffing out items to raise their rank and become a "Sniff Master" to find the "Legendary Flower" which may not even exist, but is the only way to save their sibling. It turns out, however, that there is far more at stake then just the players sibling...

It's definitely a game meant for kids, but I think it's pretty neat, regardless of the age range. The island's pretty big, and I'm a sucker for open-world exploring. The game gets harder and the quests riskier as the game goes on, and there's an awesome soundtrack of course (though that may have a lot to do with my nostalgia). And dogs. I love dogs. biggrin.gif

Here's the opening theme, which is actually pretty cheesy, and good luck figuring out what they're actually saying. But, I like it, and it IS cute. And nostalgia. blush.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 04:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I started on Tomb Raider Chronicles. The fifth and final game on PS1. Lara is considered dead after she went missing in Egypt. The ones closest to her have gathered on a rainy day in Croft Manor to talk about her many adventures. The game is now a flashback game in which the stories are told and you get to play Lara on her early adventures.

I've only played the first level so far which was pretty easy. It's a mix of a tutorial and actual level. The animations for PS1 by the year 2000 seems very good and the in-game movie sequences play like an actual cartoon. It was fun and easy beginning.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 07:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Dragondog - I can't say that I've played that game. It kinda reminds me of the old Dogz/Catz games from 1995. It was actually just a desktop pet program. You couldn't do much with it, but it acted like a screensaver. For what it was, it was really cute.

A couple of my friends broke down and got Xbox One's, so I'm happy that they'll be back on Xbox Live. So far, we're planning on playing some Black Ops 3 and Gears of War 4 once they get themselves set up. I'm hoping to stream some game play in the near future... depending on timing and circumstances.

I am in the process of looking for a new game to play on the Xbox One. The friend I usually play with I just lost to Final Fantasy XV, so I won't be playing with him for a while. Boo... sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 09:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 12 March 2018 - 10:34 AM)
@Dragondog - I can't say that I've played that game. It kinda reminds me of the old Dogz/Catz games from 1995. It was actually just a desktop pet program. You couldn't do much with it, but it acted like a screensaver. For what it was, it was really cute.

I want to play those so bad! Petz still goes on, but not the same as those old desktop games. I've played a lot of the Petz games that have come out since those old ones, but I've outgrown most of them.

Funny thing, Ubisoft makes all the modern Petz games, and they made The Dog Island, so that's probably why they have similarities. Actually, Petz Dogz 2 and Petz Catz 2 for the wii and Playstation 2 are based on The Dog Island, though I like Dog Island better. Though I got Dog Island after Dogz and Catz 2, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much better Dog Island was than the other 2.

I feel slightly out of place, because everyone's like, "I'm playing Resident Evil," or "I'm playing Tomb Raider," or "Metal Gear Solid", and I'm just like, "Ummm... I'm playing this cute puppy game..."

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 10:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, you shouldn't. We all have our preferences. I didn't play anything but kids games until I was in my 20's. Violent video games was a bit of a no-no. But, I was an adult and I wanted to play games with my friends, who had all moved on to games like Gears of War and Halo. I was getting left behind.

I was, and still am, terrible at multiplayer games. I prefer single player games, or co-op games so I can play with a friend or group of friends.

But one of my favorite things to do is boot up Minecraft and put it in Creative/Peaceful mode. Then I can just built and explore to my hearts content... and it's very relaxing. I usually use the Christmas/Holiday pack, because the map is a winter based map, and I can built nice, cozy houses with big fire places. lol

Minecraft is about a kid friendly as you can get for a game.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 11:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 12 March 2018 - 01:54 PM)
Well, you shouldn't.  We all have our preferences.  I didn't play anything but kids games until I was in my 20's.  Violent video games was a bit of a no-no.  But, I was an adult and I wanted to play games with my friends, who had all moved on to games like Gears of War and Halo.  I was getting left behind.

I was, and still am, terrible at multiplayer games.  I prefer single player games, or co-op games so I can play with a friend or group of friends. 

But one of my favorite things to do is boot up Minecraft and put it in Creative/Peaceful mode.  Then I can just built and explore to my hearts content... and it's very relaxing.  I usually use the Christmas/Holiday pack, because the map is a winter based map, and I can built nice, cozy houses with big fire places. lol

Minecraft is about a kid friendly as you can get for a game.

Good to know. I feel a little behind myself, for my age, but most of my friends are younger than me, so we're about the same in taste. I don't see them very often, anymore though, so I'm pretty lonely in my gaming, LOL.

Have you ever played Zoo Tycoon? It's pretty neat, as far as building things and getting creative. And the SECRETS! And then if a zoo guest is being a pain, you can go all Murdoc on them and drop them into the T. Rex exhibit. evil.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 11:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

LOL! I've never played Zoo Tycoon, but I've played Rollercoaster Tycoon. So yeah... When I got really angry guests, I'd put them in "time out". It was a little small zone that went in a circle with a bathroom. They couldn't leave because it wasn't connected to anything. When they were happy again, I'd let them out.

MWAHAHAHA!!!

I actually still have the game, but I haven't attempted to download it to my laptop to see if it works or not.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 12:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I've never played Roller Coaster, so I can't say, but I'm guessing the 2 have a lot of similarities.

I want Zoo Tycoon 2 SUPER badly, but I'd have to buy the first game, then all the expansion packs separately. I could buy the Complete Collection, like I did with the first game, but there's this annoying error where Microsoft accidentally released 2 copies of disc 2 instead of disc 3, so you have to call Customer service and ask them to mail you a proper disc three... And to this day, the error was never corrected, so I'd probably wind up with a bad copy.
blowup.gif

But Zoo Tycoon 2 looks SO MUCH MORE advanced than the first! sad.gif Killer Penguins! Mwah ha haha! nasty.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 04:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

One other thing I have to add, The Dog Island does have moments that are kinda intense for what it is.

There's this one quest, involving a maltese named Francis. She's a nurse, but she's petrified of the sight of blood, even to the point of losing control over the mere sight of red things, like tomatoes. (Thank you, Ubisoft, for being unique). She eventually admits that the cause of her phobia is a fight she had with her best friend. She recalls, "I pushed her and she fell, and she didn't get up again." Then, a few seconds later she says, "I went to her house, you know, to apologize, but found out her family had just moved away. And that's why I think I may have hurt her badly that day. I killed Elaine!"
This turns out to be false, but the concept made me go like blink.gif

And if someone out there does question my taste in games, I'd recommend they play Fate. It's funny how playing that game, I get lost in the dungeon and I'm like, "Did I go this way already? *sees dead bodies* Yep. I remember killing them."

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 08:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 12 March 2018 - 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 12 March 2018 - 10:34 AM)
@Dragondog - I can't say that I've played that game.  It kinda reminds me of the old Dogz/Catz games from 1995.  It was actually just a desktop pet program.  You couldn't do much with it, but it acted like a screensaver.  For what it was, it was really cute.

I want to play those so bad! Petz still goes on, but not the same as those old desktop games. I've played a lot of the Petz games that have come out since those old ones, but I've outgrown most of them.

Funny thing, Ubisoft makes all the modern Petz games, and they made The Dog Island, so that's probably why they have similarities. Actually, Petz Dogz 2 and Petz Catz 2 for the wii and Playstation 2 are based on The Dog Island, though I like Dog Island better. Though I got Dog Island after Dogz and Catz 2, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much better Dog Island was than the other 2.

I feel slightly out of place, because everyone's like, "I'm playing Resident Evil," or "I'm playing Tomb Raider," or "Metal Gear Solid", and I'm just like, "Ummm... I'm playing this cute puppy game..."

I know right! biggrin.gif I'm sitting over here like, "Well, I'm playing Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-tooie on the N64 so...yeah... and Zelda
games so... yeah... " I know what you mean! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

If it'll make you guys feel any better... I always feel out of place. XD

Seriously though... you shouldn't feel out of place. Even if all you play are board games, it's still a game. I play all sorts of games, from board games to AAA big budget video games.

When my friends and I play together, it's usually for social reasons. We're all kinda spread out in different states, so we use games as a way to stay connected to each other.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 March 2018 - 09:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I watched this fanmade trailer for the game. I think they captured the spirit pretty well.

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 March 2018 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Cute title. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 March 2018 - 03:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I recently got me a very cheap copy of Callof Duty Ghosts and was quite impressed at this title. Set in the near future after a devastating nuclear attack. The game's main characters are the Ghosts, a force of U.S. Special Operations personnel trained to conduct special missions behind enemy lines. The unit is led by retired U.S. Army Captain Elias Walker & his sons along with a trained German Shepherd named Riley.

Engine runs beautifully and the ability to change over to Riley is amazing while the canine attempts to take out soldiers along the way.

This is a great Call of Duty title and i give it 2 thumbs up!
user posted image
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll