Do you think Ashton was really Murdoc's sister?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Was Ashton really Murdoc's sister?
Yes [ 26 ]  [92.86%]
No [ 2 ]  [7.14%]
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 1 November 2006 - 07:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Was Ashton really Murdocs sister? Or was it all a ploy to get MacGyver to help Murdoc take out the HIT board?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 03:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I'm not really certain. Ashton's last name was Cooke right? So Murdoc's last name is Cooke too? So it's actually Murdoc Cooke?
However Murdoc mentions Ashton died in an avalanche in Switzerland. That could've been a lie (even though MacGyver seemed to believe him), just like he could've lied to him to get him into saving Ashton. I think Murdoc really liked Ashton so A: it was his sister or B: it was his girlfriend. There was really something between those two because why would Murdoc ask MacGyver's help then? If she was just another victim why would he care?
Murdoc clearly had problems with H.I.T. The only other reason I can think of is that Murdoc wanted to make H.I.T. difficult by bringing MacGyver along at the training ground to save Ashton. Murdoc also seemed to speak the truth about Ashton when he said that nobody knows about her even when MacGyver said his file never mentioned anything about any relatives. This all could've been right!
In the end Ashton says 'Your friend!' It's like she doesn't know him or else she could've said 'My brother!' or 'Murdoc.' She also said when they entered the training ground: 'Who are you?' with Murdoc replying 'We're friends!' So how much is left of the true story? Sister? Girlfriend?
MacGyver says in the final scene that it was all a misunderstanding because of a mistaken identity. Then I would've said no but why would Murdoc mention Ashton again in Stricktly Business about her death? To prove he was right? Why else would he be still pulling that string after nearly two years?
I don't think we'll every really know.
His story seems watertight at first. Everything seems to be correct but Murdoc apparently seemed like a total stranger to Ashton when they appear at the training ground.
Maybe H.I.T. wanted to provoke him with an attractive hostage and since he was retired, he probably figured she was pretty enough to be rescued and who's a better man to help him then MacGyver? That way he can prove to MacGyver that he really has retired and wants to do some good even though it's just one good deed. You see, he actually never needed MacGyver. If he was also trained there which is probably the case, he knows what to expect. Just like MacGyver is the best man of the Phoenix Foundation, Murdoc is the best man of H.I.T. This whole setup was perfect for Murdoc to prove MacGyver he has changed. Besides that MacGyver gets the chance to rescue an innocent person. Halloween Knights doesn't really give an answer on it, first you might say yes when you hear Murdoc's story, in the end you might think or say no.
In Stricktly Business you might think or say yes again.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 06:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

Geez... gotta block out all the weird assed fan fictions / twisted plots written about Murdoc. dry.gif mad.gif huh.gif unsure.gif oops I farted coz I was concentrating so hard. blush.gif

From what we know about Murdoc from the show... dry.gif I haven't seen that episode in a while unsure.gif I'm going to have to re-watch and get back to you. smile.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 06:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

oops I farted coz I was concentrating so hard.

Sniffs. Hey, what stinks in here?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 06:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

huh.gif Man...

You didn't build an air freshener into this place, by chance, didja Rock?

*holds breath while typing*

hmm.bmp I guess i just kind of assumed Ashton was really Murdoc's sister. It's interesting to think that maybe he lied about that to rope Mac into helping him bring HIT down...but then...I don't think so...cuz HIT was apparently convinced she was his sister, too. hmm.bmp You would think, tho, that she'd have some inkling of recognition, but doesn't Murdoc say she doesn't know about him? Maybe they were separated very early, so she wouldn't really remember him then. Also would explain the last name...I always assumed Murdoc was his last name...could be his first, I guess. Does he ever say what happened to his parents?

I tend to think she was really his sister. What struck me as false was the story in Strictly Business about her dying in an avalanche. In Halloween Knights, Murdoc seemed very concerned about her...yet in SB he just kind of brings it up off-handedly...you'd think when he'd gone through all the pains of protecting her that he'd be a little more broken up about it. I guess you could read that scene as Murdoc kind of shoving the emotion maybe aside...as a professional killer he'd have to be able to have that kind of self control...his jaw kind of tightens and he tossed down the food he was munching in something like anger or disgust and such...but, I dunno...still just doesn't ring true.

hmm.bmp I don't know if I'm ready to vote yet...

On the other hand...I do have to breathe!!!!

*runs from the room, gasping for air*

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 07:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

What a stink! Some legacy. - MacGyver in Good Knight MacGyver.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
j12752
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 07:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ Nov 2 2006, 04:54 PM)
Was Ashton really Murdocs sister? Or was it all a ploy to get MacGyver to help Murdoc take out the HIT board?

I think she was. They may have had different fathers which would explain the last name difference, or Murdoc could be using an alias. Murdoc seemed a lot older than Ashton to me, so perhaps it's different dads.

MacGyver
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 08:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
House:  Observatory

Well- I could be wrong- but I'm thinking maybe "Murdoc" is more of a code name that Murdoc uses rather than his actual name. So therefore his real name certainly could be something goofy like Howard Fitzgerald Cooke or something... and that probably didn't sound very cool for a terrorist so... biggrin.gif

But yeah- I tend to think that Murdoc and Ashton probably are definitely brother and sister but perhaps got put into different foster homes or something- or maybe different fathers... or maybe they grew up with the same Mom and Dad and then Murdoc just kinda disappeared after he hit 18- and they never really heard from him again- perhaps he told them he was joining the Army or something- and maybe sent "updates" every once in a while- and apparently money to his sister.

Definitely an interesting area for fanfiction. hmm.bmp

PM                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Howard Fitzgerald Cooke

hmm.bmp Kind of rolls off the tongue... laugh.gif I can see your point MacGyver...after I posted I had thought that maybe Murdoc was a name he just picked up from somewhere. I do think, tho, if he stuck around till he was older...she'd definitely recognize him...so I think it's more reasonable to think they were separated much earlier for some reason....That's my story and I'm stickin to it! unsure.gif laugh.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
j12752
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 09:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Amy @ Nov 3 2006, 04:06 AM)
. Does he ever say what happened to his parents?

I don't recall him saying anything about his/her/their parents

Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 11:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

QUOTE (Amy @ Nov 2 2006, 03:06 PM)
I tend to think she was really his sister.  What struck me as false was the story in Strictly Business about her dying in an avalanche.

Yup. I’m with Amy. I think she must have been his sister. Murdoc really believed it. He believed it enough to go to his enemy and ask for help.

QUOTE (MGod)
What a stink! Some legacy. - MacGyver in Good Knight MacGyver.
rolleyes.gif MacGyverGod has a quote for every occasion! laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 12:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

dry.gif Maybe Ashton's last name was Cooke due to a marriage.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 12:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

If Ashton didn't know about Murdoc's existance, then it's likely to me that she was raised in a foster home of some kind (given up for adoption, orphaned, etc.) That or their parents disowned Murdoc and never mentioned him to her.

Murdoc may have hung around in the background and supported her in secret. Seems like something he might do, if he was really attached to her.

Hmmm... hmm.bmp

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 2 November 2006 - 12:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Maybe Ashton's last name was Cooke due to a marriage

Well, there ya go taking all the intrigue out of it! laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 3 November 2006 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Finally voting Yes! wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AbCarter
Posted on 3 November 2006 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I've been planning on a few fanfics that explain the backgrounds of Murdoc, so I got a whole bunch of theories on whether Ashton is his sister, why she doesn't know him, how the death of his sister affected him and which one is his real name Murdoc or Cooke.

I think she was his sister. If all Murdoc wanted was to bring down HIT he could have put all the information he had on them in an envelop and mail it to MacGyver. He didn't need to go into the lion's den for that. If Ashton was just some random stranger Murdoc could have just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Why would he care? (But then: he is a sucker for a pretty face with a girlish giggle)

I'm a little puzzled about the remarks made in regard to her death: why would he lie to MacGyver about it? Also, he didn't come to MacGyver in Stricktly Business to talk about his sister's death; that's probably why he was so curt about it.

Actually, I think Cooke could work very well as a name for an assassin. The first name would just be on a need to know basis.

I think Murdoc is an assumed name, to hide a connection to his sister. Theory: he got the name of a book (The Severed Head) but dropped the Irish. Anyway, that's how it's going into my story, and I'm sticking to it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 3 November 2006 - 03:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I think she was his sister. If all Murdoc wanted was to bring down HIT he could have put all the information he had on them in an envelop and mail it to MacGyver. He didn't need to go into the lion's den for that.

He probably thought mailing it to MacGyver was too unpersonal. What if MacGyver didn't bite?

I think Murdoc is an assumed name, to hide a connection to his sister. Theory: he got the name of a book (The Severed Head) but dropped the Irish. Anyway, that's how it's going into my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Interesting theory.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
AbCarter
Posted on 3 November 2006 - 11:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Nov 4 2006, 11:53 AM)
I think she was his sister. If all Murdoc wanted was to bring down HIT he could have put all the information he had on them in an envelop and mail it to MacGyver. He didn't need to go into the lion's den for that.

He probably thought mailing it to MacGyver was too unpersonal. What if MacGyver didn't bite?

Pinning the envelop to Mac's door would have worked. Murdoc knows which buttons to push to get MacGyver's attention.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 4 November 2006 - 05:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Nov 4 2006, 11:53 AM)

Pinning the envelop to Mac's door would have worked. Murdoc knows which buttons to push to get MacGyver's attention.

hmm.bmp Yeah...but i think MacGyver wouldn't be satisfied till he found out why Murdoc was basically handing him HIT on platter.

I'm a little puzzled about the remarks made in regard to her death: why would he lie to MacGyver about it? Also, he didn't come to MacGyver in Stricktly Business to talk about his sister's death; that's probably why he was so curt about it.

Curt!! That's the word I was after! Yeah...I can see you're point here. I'd have to watch that scene again...but why does he even bring it up? Maybe to play on Mac's sympathy to make what he was about to do even more shocking? He was a shock-value kind of guy, after all.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 12 March 2007 - 12:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

If he wanted to bring HIT down.. he could have easily knocked them off.. he is a professional hit man after all!

I think she must have been his sister, because he had absolutely nothing to gain from his actions.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted on 12 March 2007 - 06:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I also believe that Ashton was Murdoc's sister. I mean he could've faked his own death (FBI Dose if for people going into witness protection) and it's amazing what a little plastic surgery and hair dye can do to change your looks. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 2 November 2006 - 12:00 PM)
oops I farted coz I was concentrating so hard.

Sniffs. Hey, what stinks in here?

I thout that was my Aunt's dog Jade. dry.gif

Lee Nole-Isil
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 04:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Anything with Murdoc

I am one hundred percent positive that Ashton was Murdoc's sister. I thought he was lying in Strictly Business, though. I even said that to my friend as we watched it. That's the thing with Murdoc, when it comes to personal matters he's usually fairly transparent. For instance, it was quite obvious he cared for Penny in some way before he actually said it. I actually really wonder what happened to Ashton, 'cause I don't buy the 'killed in an avalanche' trill. For starters she didn't look like much of the skiing type...

"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker

That is a very good question. Because half of me says no ( Murdoc is so evil , he loves no one ) But then he DID seem to fall in love with Penny Parker in " Cleo Rocks " . And she for him when she thought his name was Jacques . . . I forgot his full name. But the point is that there is the other half of me that says yes. Because he did seem to care for Ashton. Perhaps the way he cared for Penny. I know I sound contradicting myself . But as I say , that is why it is a very good question in that it makes me think. Why would Murdoc even care for Ashton if she wasn't some sort of relative ? Perhaps Ashton is his sister . But why does she not remember him ? She was born way to young when Murdoc went out to destroy the world with his evil. Or wasn't it something like that that Murdoc said as he was explaining to MacGyver about Ashton. All I know is that I would have re-acted as MacGyver did. I would not trust Murdoc as far as I can throw him what with the past history that Murdoc had with MacGyver. Always trying to hurt MacGyver . Which brings us back to the original point . Murdoc is so evil that he loves no one. His greed to kill MacGyver has blinded him from anything else in the world.
Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 15 March 2007 - 08:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Leroux.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted on 15 March 2007 - 10:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker

Thank you , MacGyverGod . Yes, it was Jacques Leroux was the name he went under. I get so terrible with names , sometimes. But yes, that is the name I was looking for. Thanx, so much .
Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 15 March 2007 - 02:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

No problem.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Lee Nole-Isil
Posted on 15 March 2007 - 05:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Episode:Anything with Murdoc

It's official. MacGod knows all.

"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 16 March 2007 - 07:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Not all. But lots. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MEP
Posted on 16 March 2007 - 07:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

To quote Wayne's World

WE'RE NOT WORTHEY

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

(and if I misspelled anything I don't what to hear it)

MacGirl
Posted on 27 March 2007 - 08:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

I also tend to think Ashton was really Murdoc's sister. As others have pointed out, why would he go to all that trouble of going to his sworn enemy for help if she wasn't? Also, there was nothing in it for him, and for Murdoc to do something THAT out of character, there had to be a pretty darn good reason.

I'm not sure what to think about the story he tells in SB, though. Granted, he certainly has enough practice controlling his emotions, but it strikes me as odd that he would just dismiss her so casually. Could be also that he was still staying out of Ashton's life, (for whatever reason) and telling Mac that Ashton was dead was easier than opening up to his enemy again. And we all know that Murdoc is a master of lies... he can even outdo Jack.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll