Disclaimer      
All images in these galleries are copyright of their owners and may not be copied, re-presented or used in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective owner of the work.

Please read the Gallery Rules before posting your images.

Artsy Fartsy, Show us your artistic flair
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Astra
Posted: 23 May 2008 - 11:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 24 May 2008 - 08:31 AM)
Long story short, a gallery rep has invited me to submit samples of my work for consideration and inclusion in the gallery. How cool is that? I might be selling my work in an art gallery in New York City soon.

Oh my God! That is indeed cool! Congratulations! surprise.gif

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 02:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah that's very kewl!

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 07:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Thanks guys. Its only taken 19 years, but maybe this jewelry gig is finally going to start paying some bigger dividends.

I'm just pumped that they think my work is good enough to be included in their gallery. If I get in, then I might just have to go for a booth at the Utah Arts Festival (the big 4 day one) next year. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 24 May 2008 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

Please do! This is exciting news! I'm happy for you! biggrin.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
ghostdoll
Posted: 25 May 2008 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:D.O.A. MacGyver

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 3 February 2008 - 03:27 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those are my FAVS!!!
Ooooooooh, a Carribiean Dreams necklace. Hah! I live in Puerto Rico! That's the place where it should be! XD The moment I saw it I had this flashback of the sea... so dreamy and refreshing. *sigh*

Lovely designs. I love the way you "braided" the chains. Is beautiful.

"Home. Enough is enough. I will not, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever answer the phone... probably... again." - MacGyver (S1-10: Target MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 26 May 2008 - 03:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2

Awesome Grrl! That would so rock! smile.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 29 January 2009 - 12:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

I wanted to show how I use ordinary things in different ways.

So, this is the inside of a "Surprise Egg". You know these? Chocolate egg with a little toy inside?

user posted image

I thought the round yellow plastic would make a perfect lamp for my K.I.T.T. model:

user posted image

(Sorry, the shot is a bit blurry). Of course I also made the lamps so that they can be turned in and out. Here is the rest of the model, only made out of plywood, cardboard and some plasticine.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Of course also the doors and roof top can be opened, and I made the little screens that way so that I can put different pictures into them. You also can turn the wheel and move the gear shift. The seats are just a bit of paper surrounded with wool, and when I figured I could not put them directly onto the bottom or there would be no room for legs I used part of a cork, which you can't see in the pictures.

user posted image

user posted image

The axes of the car are made from spokes of a bicycle. The tires are from an old toy car of my brother, but all the rest I did myself. I sawed the plywood, I painted all the little digital displays. And the licence plate is actually a gum sticker that were around at the time, which happened to be the perfect size. I found it at a table in school, but the right down corner was missing, so if you look closely you can see where I painted the rest to match.

And the side mirrors even have little mirror foil in them, another thing that happened to be left over from the things in a surprise egg. I don't know anymore what kind of plastic I used for the windows and windshield, but it may be from the wrapping of a praline box or something.

So, basically, since I was a child, I collected all kind of things, with the intention of "one day I might have a use for it". At other times I look at something and immediately have an idea how to use it.

PS: I even made myself a little Michael to go with it, but believe me, you don't want to see him, poor guy is still naked after what, 15 years. Never got around to make him a little leather jacket as I intended to.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 January 2009 - 01:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Hey thats pretty kewl. smile.gif

Nice job smile.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 26 February 2009 - 05:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites

Glad you hsowed KITT off too, Astra! Your ingenuity amazes me. smile.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 19 December 2018 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

Homemade Christmas ornaments. I made them for my cats so that will not destroy my good ornaments.

Attached Image
Attached Image

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 19 December 2018 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

I make quilts. This is my favorite one. It took awhile. I was feeling ambitious. 2 months later it was done.

Attached Image
Attached Image

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll