Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Last night I've seen The Chase. The movie with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson, Henry Rollins and Ray Wise. This is your typical 90's cheesy action comedy. Sheen plays an escaped convict who has been tried for a crime he didn't commit. While going for gas, two cops enters the gas station, he freaks out and kidnaps the daughter of very wealthy man. They take off in her red BMW and the lengthy chase begins. The movie itself is maybe not really good but this one of those guilty pleasure movies. It's not good but it's not bad either. This is also one of those movies I grew up with as a kid. For an R-rated film this one is pretty low on language, blood and violence. There are a few car stunts though which of course are nothing compared the stunts they pull in The Fast and the Furious movies. Still the first stunt is I think the most spectacular and is actually filmed better than Michael Bay ever could. Especially after Bad Boys II than. Before his Transformers franchise I always wondered what this movie would've been if he directed it. But I'm past that now. Anyway, I can recommended if you're looking for an easy no-brainer of a movie. The movie lasts only 88 minutes so it's not that long. Also the songs were pretty good and I mostly do not like songs in movies with exception of Rocky and The Fast and the Furious. But these are worth a listen.

You can also find it under The Chase Love Theme but it couldn't be shared on request of the poster. This is the official video. It is so 1993. Peoples are smoking in the clip. The clip itself was not that great I have to admit but it fitted the scene.

This is really a movie if you have nothing else to do. 90 minutes of guilty pleasure.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 March 2016 - 10:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Sounds interesting in a guilty pleasure sort of way. biggrin.gif

I actually enjoyed the Wraith with Charlie Sheen. Another low budget movie which had him avenging his murderers. Yes he came back from the dead. Apparently. But it also had a Fast and Furious feel to it. He came back as this suited avenger with a futuristic car. Cool score to that movie too.

We got around to watching Deadpool on the weekend. And for those who still don't know, Ryan Reynolds plays Wade Wilson who works as a mercenary. But soon after he gets diagnosed with cancer, his world goes from bad to worse when a sinister scientist lures him into an experiment to "cure" him. It ends up being a torture which disfigures him and ultimately transforms him into the anti-hero we know as Deadpool.

With the aid of Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead, he uses his new skills to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

The humour and dialogue are witty and unpredictable making it fast on the reflexes however this movies comes with a reel of explicit scenes and violence and might prove a little hardcore for a superhero movie. If you are willing to look past that, it is good. 4 stars from me. Look out for the post credit scene. Ferris Bueller anyone? biggrin.gif

user posted image

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 March 2016 - 02:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah, the movie doesn't want to be more or intelligent than it really is and that makes it fun.

On Deadpool. This is one of those rare R-rated movies that just work in every way possible. I have vague memories of Deadpool in Wolverine also played by Ryan Reynolds. But I remember it more as a silent and darker character. But this is hardcore in a fun way. It's just so over the top and funny, it just works. I usually don't like the first movies on comics but this is exceptional indeed.

More on the topic.

Yesterday I saw Bonnie & Clyde, the 1967 movie with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. I gotta admit, it was very good. Also for a movie from those years, pretty violent. I think even the first movie to use blood squibs so that when you get shot, you start to bleed. Before that when you get shot in movies they used two shots, one of the shooter and the second one is when the victim falls down without blood.

Anyway, I can recommend the movie. At some point, I still had a little doubt but when it came to the shooting scenes... this might be actually one of the very first action movies as we know it.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 10:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Alright, coming soon.

Now what if peoples were SAKS? hmm.bmp

Let's ask Daniel Radcliffe. Unfortunately they'll never fit into our pockets. tongue.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 01:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

Believe it or not, we are just NOW getting around to seeing The Force Awakens! Gonna watch it tonight...woohoo!! happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 02:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now, it's about to be released on dvd. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 April 2016 - 02:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Already digitally available.

Hope you enjoy it!

Swiss Army Man looks funny. Have seen the trailer before. Look forward to watching it. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 6 April 2016 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

That's how I wound up watching it. It was a good movie, but I'm going to miss Han. His personality really added to the series. For a great laugh, pull up the Lego Star Wars....they are hilarious!

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 April 2016 - 04:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Feel the same Barry. But on a lighter note, they are developing a Han Solo Prequel Movie.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 17 April 2016 - 11:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

A classic 80s film! biggrin.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

Barry Rowland
Posted: 18 April 2016 - 05:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I'm looking forward to that Denizen!

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 18 April 2016 - 09:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Macgyver1985 @ 17 April 2016 - 03:47 PM)
A classic 80s film! biggrin.gif

..... & '10s film apparently

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 18 April 2016 - 11:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

Wow, the original was fun, but I had no idea a remake was in the works.

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 18 April 2016 - 08:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Development for a Top Gun 2 has been going on for many years. But with the death of Tony Scott, production came to a stand still. Bruckheimer has decided to undertake production with Cruise to try and make a sequel.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 19 April 2016 - 04:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

A Top Gun Sequel might work with Cruise in the 'father' role of Viper straightening out another young 'Hot Shot' - maybe a female!. I'd sooner see that than a re-make of the original.

Top Gun is my absolute top 80's film - I've seen it literally countless times, know every quote, every song, every nuance right from the first terrific opening scene and titles against that strong musical score to the very slightly anti-climatic last scene that was the film that captured my imagination.

I have three go-to films if I want a good night in - Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee - the original (number I) and Pretty Woman. It would be a sin to remake any of them - sequels they can do what they like with, but don't remake a classic film-maker.....please!

For a film start Top Gun wins hands down, for a film finish I think Crocodile Dundee takes some beating and for sheer fun all through I think Pretty Woman is great - plus I love all her outfits! Esp. the one she wears the day she sorts of the shopping with the wide brim hat!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 May 2016 - 02:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

Based on the true story of British athlete Michael "Eddie" Edwards (Played by Taron Egerton) and his dream to be part of the Olympics, Eddie the Eagle tells of Eddie's journey as he travels to Germany to test his skills at ski jumping.

Fate leads him to Bronson Peary, a former ski jumper (Played by Hugh Jackman) who now works as a snowplow driver.

Despite his reluctance, Bronson decides to train Eddie despite his lack of support. I can honestly say that i did not think much in terms of giving this movie a go but boy was i happy i did.

Eddie the Eagle is an inspiring tale with a great cast, terrific soundtrack and a story that wil have you cheering all the way. 4 humble stars from me!!! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 3 May 2016 - 05:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

We got bored on Saturday night and as the possible best of what appeared a bad bunch of films at the Odeon picked Avengers - Captain America, Civil War as my teenage son is into such things and I must admit to a soft spot for Tony Stark. We saw this at the IMAX in 3D (though 2D would have done).

There were some spots where it would have helped to seen the previous film, but basically you could watch it without too much knowledge of previous events. It was fairly intense in places, loads of action (was it going to be otherwise), some fun spots (though fewer than other Avengers films I have seen), very contrast-y in terms of lots of action then no action for a short period. The story was a bit weak and it wasn't the best films I've ever seen, but it was OK as a solution to a bored night in. Can't say more than that without giving away spoilers.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 May 2016 - 01:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Last night I've seen the 1990 film Internal Affairs with Richard Gere and Andy Garcia. Gere plays a corrupt cop who is being investigated by IAD cop Andy Garcia. Gere is Dennis Peck who seems to be pulling the strings on everyone he meets; colleagues, criminals, snitches and even the wives of his friends. Raymond (Garcia) is trying to bring him down. For some reason these corrupt cop movies always works: Brooklyn's Finest, Street Kings, The Shield. Internal Affairs is one of them. Also stars Laurie Metcalf and William Baldwin. First I didn't plan on telling you this but after looking up some trivia on IMDB, it appears RDA was considered for the role of Dennis Peck but he turned it down just as so many others of then popular actors.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 May 2016 - 01:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Very interesting...

My guess is he should have taken the role.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 15 May 2016 - 05:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

I can't help but feeling the full spectrum of emotion when watching this spectacular short film taken over a century ago along Market Street in San Francisco. It's the happiness, top hats, dress, strut in the step, chaos of traffic, contrasting modes of transportation - a symphony of motion. I've viewed it several times now, and each time I see something different/new.

Here's the kicker, although undated, historians have determined that this film was shot only about a week before the Great San Francisco Earthquake & Fire on April 18th, 1906. In this disaster, over 80% of San Francisco was destroyed and it's been estimated that over 3000 people died.

Enjoy this historic glimpse into the past of one of the world's great cities:

<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/9606469">Trip Down Market Street 1906</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/sffm">San Francisco Film Museum</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Trip_Down_Market_Street

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

denizen
Posted: 15 May 2016 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Wow. That is just amazing Joe. That is a treasure of life's past. Amazing there weren't any accidents with the chaos on the streets. No traffic lights, stop signs or pedestrian crossings. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 May 2016 - 12:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

God, I love that stuff! biggrin.gif Everything seems so less complicated. Peoples were outside instead in front of their computer screens or cellphones.

OT: Hot Shots. OK, that's Charlie but I never knew Jon Cryer before Two and a Half Men. It was kinda funny to see them both in the same movie so many years before. Also that guy Judith marries in the fourth season, I guess was in both Hot Shots movies. Now after so many years of not seeing the movie, I think the second one was better.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 16 May 2016 - 07:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Yes, I believe what we don't see in that footage is as equally eye-opening as what we do see! ohmy.gif
Did you see the man at the start who crosses the busy street and only to hop onto an open flatbed
horse wagon? The driver looks back a bit startled at giving this stranger a "free lift" .... but carries on.
Try that today and just hop into the back seat of a passing car .... you will get a much different
reception, I think. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Earthquake notifications/warnings have not changed too much in a hundred years,
but there's an eerie calm to this all and in peering into the past & knowing that (undoubtedly) several people
seen in this movie would not be alive in a week's time. sad.gif

MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 May 2016 - 12:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

What I noticed most of all is that people are simply walking on the road and not on the sidewalks. But like I said, everything was less complicated, peoples were less stressed out as they are now. Burn-out? They didn't know what that was back that. They're not preocccupied with themselves because they didn't have cellphones or social media. Peoples were just much nicer back than, I think. If this is indeed a week before the earthquake you might consider it a calm for the storm. I saw pictures from the quake and that was indeed one of the worst quakes ever over there.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 May 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Definitely a creep factor to it seeing it was a week before the tragedy. I wonder if there are any other films made like this from other times and other places.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 17 May 2016 - 03:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Surely there were,,,, but there's something about the simplicity of this one with the low camera mounted, fixed on the trolley car, no panning, long straight as an arrow street, plethora of chaotic transport, and the perpetual motion of it all that draws you in. Impossible to repeat today,,,,, even on a movie set. It's grainy but yet very clear at the same time. And then, yes, the hindsight of the imminent danger lurking just around the bend for these people.

denizen
Posted: 17 May 2016 - 04:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Absolutely. Makes me rethink life!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 17 May 2016 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

My Top 3 movies

1. Stick
2. Hooper
3. Sharky's Machine

In last year all of those were released in Blu ray

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 17 May 2016 - 01:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

MiracleMac I've seen several Burt Reynolds movies and enjoyed all those I've seen, but I've never seen those ones. I'll look out for them.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 18 May 2016 - 12:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Maclover @ 17 May 2016 - 01:37 PM)
MiracleMac I've seen several Burt Reynolds movies and enjoyed all those I've seen, but I've never seen those ones. I'll look out for them.

I read that those are kind of forgotten movies, atleast those were aired in finnish television maybe only once after the release. I also heard my family talking about that Hooper movie, when they mentioned the Smokey and the Bandit, but that Hooper was never shown in television in my life time, when I followed those TV schedules.

One of the reason I bought those because those had one of the best stunts, Dar Robinson made those freefall tricks in Stick and Sharky's machine. In that Hooper movie, there is a stunt where Burt's stunt double A.J. Bakunas set the world record 70,1 m (230 ft) fall from the helicopter without parachute and that can be found from 2010 Guinness World Records book (Highest jump in the movie without parachute) wink.gif

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll