Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

That's good to hear that your medication is working! I sometimes forget how good I felt when I was younger. I felt invincible most of the time, then I hit my 30's and starting falling apart. XD

So I went all day yesterday with out coffee... WORST! DAY! EVER!

I had a throbbing headache by the end of the day from the withdrawal. I was playing Diablo 3 with my guy friend last night and the more we played, the worse it got. I finally took some aspirin and it went away. So far, I've been doing well with the coffee intake. One cup in the morning and water the rest of the day. Days off, I'll have two cups. Like tomorrow, I'll probably have a couple of cups in the morning.

On a side note... the church has bats. We've found five in two days. Three were released outside and two are currently sleeping in the Sanctuary. I'm a bit concerned though because these bats aren't flying away when released. They look dead, usually found in a dark corner or under a pew. But when we try to remove them they start moving. They don't attack or try to fly away. Once put outside, they just kinda lay there for a while.

It's a little weird. O_o

Anyway, anyone doing anything special tomorrow for Independence Day?

I won't have much to do tomorrow because I have the day off. My guy friend has to work (boo!), so I'll probably just do some cleaning and play some video games.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 3 July 2018 - 08:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Ouch! Glad the aspirin helped. Headaches are no fun. blowup.gif

Wow, bats huh? All I've ever seen infest my church are ladybugs, and maybe mice.

Don't really have any plans for tomorrow. Some friends of ours have held a barbecue on the fourth over the past couple of years, but decided not to this year. We might throw some burgers on the grill or something.

Speaking of which, I just realized that it's been about a year since I first found this place. I remember skimming through chats on various episodes before we left to join our friends last 4th of July. happy.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 July 2018 - 09:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'll post a couple of pictures later, maybe this evening. But yeah... bats all over the place. I was just telling my boss about it and he's like... seriously? MORE BATS!? XD

We have ants and mice as well. I'm pretty sure the bats made their home here because of the large ant population we seem to have. Interestingly, I haven't seen many ants lately.

I'm not doing anything special myself. I may wash my car, because it's in need of a bath. We have bourbon distilleries here, and they produce this black gunk called Whiskey Fungus. It's supposed to be harmless, but it gets on everything. My car is covered with black spots. So, time to wash it!

Yeah, I'm starting to approach six years of posting on here! It's actually kinda cool thinking back to that time. I was so down in the dumps that year. I started watching MacGyver on Netflix and my Dad took me to Lake Placid to get me out of dodge. My whole attitude changed that year.

I still have ups and downs, but... that's life for ya. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 4 July 2018 - 07:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Random thought that may or may not have to do with the fanfic I'm currently working on: If you had an infant, and were forced to swim to escape from bad guys, how would you keep the baby afloat? Assume you have no life jacket, and don't have much time since you're being chased.

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 4 July 2018 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Pretty much anything with air in it, as long as there aren't any leaks. Maybe like an old life preserver ring? Or an inner tube of some sort? Balloons? Babies aren't heavy, so it won't take much to keep them afloat. I would do a google search and see if you find any ideas.

If it's damaged, you can patch with with similar material, super glue and/or duct-tape.

It's not in English, but it might give you some idea. There's a good one using empty plastic bottles in a bag.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 5 July 2018 - 11:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Cool. Thanks Jedi! biggrin.gif I'll have to try alternate google searches, because every time I googled it before, google tried to direct me to purchasing sites for life jackets, or a guide for finding the proper size of jacket -_-

Google is weird sometimes. A while ago, I was trying to find one of those "Hang in there" memes, and I just googled "Hanging", which directed me to suicide prevention hotlines. I'm glad you care, google, but I'm not suicidal laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 8 July 2018 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, anytime you do any kind of internet search you're gonna get some weird stuff. XD That's why they invented "safe search".

I do a lot of that sort of stuff for my job. One thing I have to do is find pictures that go along with the sermon title. My favorite one to date is: Touchdown Jesus

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 July 2018 - 06:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 8 July 2018 - 09:02 AM)
Well, anytime you do any kind of internet search you're gonna get some weird stuff. XD That's why they invented "safe search".

I do a lot of that sort of stuff for my job. One thing I have to do is find pictures that go along with the sermon title. My favorite one to date is: Touchdown Jesus

I can just imagine what that could bring up. roller.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 July 2018 - 04:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So... I kinda got in trouble on the other forum I frequent... unsure.gif

I made fun of Star Wars.

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 12 July 2018 - 04:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

*gasp* How dare you, you heathen!

Just kidding... XD They weren't mean to you, were they?

Star Wars fans can be a bit... passionate. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 July 2018 - 05:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

No, no one was mean, but that was the closest I ever came to getting a comment downvoted roller.gif

I REGRET NOTHING nasty.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 12 July 2018 - 08:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

*gasps*

Lol! roller.gif Yeah, I really like Star Wars, but some Star Wars peoples are extreme.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 July 2018 - 05:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

The neighbor's dogs woke me up way too early the other day, and I got really sick feeling again last night, so I haven't slept well the last couple nights. I keep telling myself I'm gonna go to bed early tonight, but I'll bet anything that won't happen, lol.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 July 2018 - 02:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Looks like sleeping is going to be hard here too next few days. We're having a terrific summer actually. Ever since the metal festival, I've been to last month, we only had good weather. Since then I slept on my bed, rather then in it. In the past few days, however I was only half covered in the sheets. Coming next week, it's going to grow even hotter. They're giving temperatures until 32°-34° C. It'll be another baking and broiling week.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 29 July 2018 - 04:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Me when I have money: Uh, I guess I'll put it aside. There's things I want, but not that badly.

Me when I'm broke: I WANT THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND...

Guess which one I am right now? dry.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 29 July 2018 - 07:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Lol! That's how it works, I guess. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 05:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm the same way Dragondog, except when I have a little bit of money, I usually end up spending it. lol

I have news!

The church I work for just offered me a second job. I'll be working four hours on Sunday mornings working in the Nursery. That is going to help me out a LOT! So, I start this upcoming Sunday and will be learning what is expected of me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 11:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

That's great news, Jedi! biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 4 August 2018 - 05:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Was wandering through random stores today, and got stopped by this one guy. Turns out he was someone I went to school with for a couple of years before I was homeschooled. I didn't recognize him at first, but then I saw his name tag, and I remembered immediately. Pretty cool, considering it's been over a decade. happy.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 4 August 2018 - 07:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

That sort of stuff is so random, but cool too. I have a similar story about my friend Lucas.

We became friends after meeting up in a random match of Gears of War on Xbox Live. He was a decade younger than me, but we hit it off instantly. As we got to know each other, I found out that he was not only from my hometown, but he and his Dad used to be regular customers of mine.

It just always amazed us because the chances of running into each other again like that is very slim. It had been about six years and I was living in a different state.

Who knew? lol

But Lucas, his Dad and I have been good friends ever since. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 August 2018 - 09:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 6 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)
Cool. Thanks Jedi! biggrin.gif I'll have to try alternate google searches, because every time I googled it before, google tried to direct me to purchasing sites for life jackets, or a guide for finding the proper size of jacket -_-

Google is weird sometimes. A while ago, I was trying to find one of those "Hang in there" memes, and I just googled "Hanging", which directed me to suicide prevention hotlines. I'm glad you care, google, but I'm not suicidal laugh.gif

Sounds like you need to clear out your google search history. wink.gif

Or start using DuckDuckGo search engine.... yeah weird name but they don't record anything about your search history like Google does.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 5 August 2018 - 08:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 5 August 2018 - 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 6 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)
Cool. Thanks Jedi!  biggrin.gif I'll have to try alternate google searches, because every time I googled it before, google tried to direct me to purchasing sites for life jackets, or a guide for finding the proper size of jacket -_-

Sounds like you need to clear out your google search history. wink.gif

Or start using DuckDuckGo search engine.... yeah weird name but they don't record anything about your search history like Google does.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 5 August 2018 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So my mom has no memory of who the guy was who stopped us yesterday, so I decided to flip through my old photo albums to see if I had a class picture. I was all thinking, "Yeah, I remember what they all look like. I'll have no problem figuring out who's who." Then I looked at the pictures and was like, "Who the heck are these guys?" XD

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 5 August 2018 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Lol! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 9 August 2018 - 05:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I hate it when someone gets mad at you, and you have no idea why, so you just have to bear it while they give you the cold shoulder for the day/few days since they won't tell you what you did wrong and you're too afraid to ask. dry.gif

It's frustrating... lol

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 10 August 2018 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Oh heck yeah. I've been through that many times with people. I had a couple of friends that used to do that to me on a regular basis. When I did ask if I had done something wrong, it was usually something that was misconstrued. Or they would tell me that I knew what I did wrong, or that I wasn't the center of the universe.

Needless to say, I had a pretty bad falling out with them. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 August 2018 - 12:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sounds like something a bunch of high school kids would do. dry.gif

My biggest problem with friends is that they're always trying to push me into doing something I don't want which they call: helping me out. Especially in the past few years it was something I had to endure while I all I wanted was a listening ear, support and little understanding. If I would just listen to them everything will be fine while I just wanted them to listen to me. In the end I stopped telling them what was going on in my life. I was even getting a bit afraid of telling them. If they only knew what I have been through the past few years. I could've used a friend like Mac. He would've understand and he would've helped me out even if all that he did was listen and give advice.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 10 August 2018 - 02:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah, that's rough when you can't get anyone to listen to you. When my Mom passed away, those same friends told me I was using my mother's death to get attention. They made me feel like I was the worst person on the planet...

People that know me well know I'm not an attention seeker. If anything, I just get lonely because I live by myself. I actually hate living by myself. It sucks. tongue.gif Thankfully, I do have a close friend I talk to every day. It's not always a lot, but that little bit of contact can go a long way. Plus, my other friends are always there if I need them.

But I gotcha... being afraid to talk to people who are supposed to be your friend is really hard. To this day, it's hard for me to open up to people.

Well, if you ever need someone to talk to... send me a PM MacGod. That goes out to anyone reading this. If you ever feel blue, or sad or just need to talk to someone... send me a PM. I will do my best to listen and help, if I can.

I wish everyone had a MacGyver in their life... maybe the world would be a better place, eh? lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 August 2018 - 06:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 10 August 2018 - 05:14 PM)
Yeah, that's rough when you can't get anyone to listen to you. When my Mom passed away, those same friends told me I was using my mother's death to get attention. They made me feel like I was the worst person on the planet...

That sounds awful! sad.gif Doesn't sound like very good friends

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 August 2018 - 01:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 10 August 2018 - 11:14 PM)
But I gotcha... being afraid to talk to people who are supposed to be your friend is really hard. To this day, it's hard for me to open up to people.

Well, if you ever need someone to talk to... send me a PM MacGod. That goes out to anyone reading this. If you ever feel blue, or sad or just need to talk to someone... send me a PM. I will do my best to listen and help, if I can.

I wish everyone had a MacGyver in their life... maybe the world would be a better place, eh? lol

I hear you, Jedi. I also live by myself and I have felt lonely as well in the past five years.

Thanks for your tip though, I appreciate it. wink.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll