Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

When Mac is fixing the spring on truck engine. His hards are quite dirty in the wide angle shots, but nice and clean in the closeup shots.

As Mac and Bill walk into the dynamite shack.. you can see a gloved hand move from beside the crates of explosives.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 31 December 2006 - 05:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

As Mac and Bill walk into the dynamite shack.. you can see a gloved hand move from beside the crates of explosives.

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SAK
Posted: 31 December 2006 - 06:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Recruit, Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:I haven't seen them all yet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I just watched this episode the other night, and I missed that. I'll have to look again, now.

sak.gif

I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you. -MacGyver

PM                                                                     
geomancer
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 12:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I love Mac since I was a child, and I just have watched this episode again..

I have spoted the following mistakes:

-Nitroglycerin is too inestable, and with time, it becomes more.. I used to be transported frozen, because at normal temperature it blows with the minimum movement.. It would be imposible to sustain the movement that haves all the trip back to the well zone..

-When Mac is reching the mine, you can see him driving with his sunglasses on, but when the camera is in front of windshield, he has not his glasses.. This happens all the way to the mine, and finally when he steps out of the truck, he has not glasses..

-The fire in the well is turned off, but the oil would keep coming out..

Sorry if I misspelled something or I have bad grammar tongue.gif

PS: I will keep coming with more mistakes as I see more episodes wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 12:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Hi geomancer and welcome!

Nice to see you jumping straight into things. smile.gif

QUOTE (geomancer @ 6 January 2008 - 09:11 PM)
-The fire in the well is turned off, but the oil would keep coming out..

If memory serves me correctly the fire was being fueled by a gas pocket not oil?

Didn't the light bulb break and ignite the gas in the air?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
geomancer
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 03:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yes, is gas "in theory", but it burns like oil... (maybie a error of the producers)... The point is that after the explosion, something would be coming out of the well, either gas or petroleum..

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

how do we know the gas didn't continue to come out? did they say somethign about?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
geomancer
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 04:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Just a few moments after the well is blown (46:03) you can't see nothing coming of the well... The gas would be vissible, just like when you use a spray can..

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 04:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Was it visible before the fire started? I can't remember.

I don't think gas pockets actually spray up like the oil does... But I don't really know that much about them, I'm only going from my experience with gases in science labs and from bottles.

Maybe Ratty can help us here.. since she works in that industry wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
geomancer
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 04:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Just checked again (9:25), and you can see the water coming out with the gas...

The gas in the oil fields, is under pressure, and when it decompress, it gets cold, condensating the air, and you can see the vapor (not the gas itself)...

PS: I have a doubt, but I don't want to create a thread: I just have seen the introductory scene for a 7th season episode (I haven't seen it in almost 14-15 years... There are a lot of scenes that look like ones in the old intros, but I am wondering if there already happen in some episode... For example the "blowing" MacGyver in the last part of the intro..

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 04:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

ok.. I wonder if the explosion would have used up all the gas in that pocket, so there actually wasn't anything left to blow out?

Didn't the story go that they where waiting for the gas to vent.. so they could continue to drill for the oil?

re: the scenes.. have a look at this topic, see if it helps.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

Hi geomancer. Welcome aboard!
QUOTE (Rocky)
Maybe Ratty can help us here.. since she works in that industry

hmm.bmp I’m sorry but I’m not involved until the production stage and then only as a chemist so this is not really my area...but I’ll give it a shot laugh.gif .

When I visit a rig I go mainly to offshore production rigs. I have been on production rigs that were drilling new wells but all those involved drilling with drilling fluids. The only thing coming out of those wells while I was watching was drill mud and cuttings.

I have taken well fluid samples from wells with high gas content and haven’t seen the gas as such because the fluid just comes out in frothy surges, sort of like what we saw in the episode before the blow out ignited but without so much steamy vapour. The gas isn’t dry in the reservoir, it’s mingled with formation water and gas condensate all under pressure. Wells produce a lot more water than they do oil and gas and this fluid needs to go through separators before it will start to become distinct separate phases. I’d imagine when the fire was smothered by the explosion anything under pressure in the formation will continue spewing out. In the episode without any further ignition this would look like the frothy liquid again but since there is part of something on the ground burning still (Not sure what that’s all about??) the hydrocarbon would just re-ignite.

How the well just stopped producing like that is a mystery. The explosion wouldn't have been fed by the gas as part of what it does is push the fuel (and the oxygen) away from the flame with the blast. So the gas pocket wouldn't have been used up in the explosion. It must have, ever so conveniently, all vented out just after the explosion, which means they might as well have left it alone. rolleyes.gif

The hydrocarbons in the well fluids would have flowed down in to the nearby river… MacGyvers friend Bill didn’t really seem to plan how he was going to contain and control his well. Maybe his plan was to somehow cap it and then bring in the production equipment and the pipes/tanks to collect his oil? Every time I watch I have too many questions about the whole set up running through my head. I think they simplified it all too much for the episode.

laugh.gif That didn't help much did it? rolleyes.gif I have more questions than answers!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 January 2008 - 01:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I was actually thinking about why the didn't just leave it to burn out on it's own last night after I went to bed.

It certainly is odd that theres still a small flame burning after they blow the fire out. One would have thought that would have started the fire burning again.

Anyway, the one thing we can agree on is theres definitely somethign screwy with that fire. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 29 April 2009 - 09:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

The bit where MacGyver fixes the fuse box by wrapping the burnt-out fuse with a chewing gum wrapper does actually work as confirmed by Mythbusters.

jennkurz
Posted: 4 March 2011 - 08:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

when laura and bill are dancing just prior to the explosion lauras hat is in the back pocket of her jeans and in the next shot its on her head

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 24 June 2012 - 06:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

another nitpick:

when they're opening the dynamite crates in the shack in the close up shot, the Swiss Army Knife blade visible when he pries the lid open is from a 84 or 91mm SAK, but in the wider shots, he's holding a 58mm SAK.....

sakopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

The last explosion, when we hear the weird noise when explosion sucks all air from fire. That was reversed sound from real explosion. You can hear its reversed, its same like hitting crash cymbal on drum set, when reversing it, you hear ongoing "crash" then sudden stop.

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll