Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.

Episode 51 - Jack in the Box

In the deep south MacGyver and Jack are held in a prison camp and forced to dig for lost millions believed to be buried in a zinc mine.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 03:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Votes from March 2006
Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 0 ] [0.00%]
OK [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Good [ 6 ] [50.00%]
Excellent [ 6 ] [50.00%]
Total Votes: 12

Archived posts

QUOTE (rockatteer Aug 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM )
Theres one scene is this episode which always stuck in my mind.

When Mac is first arrasted. The cop pulled his SAK out of Macs back pocket and said 'Carrying a conceled weapon.'

To wich Mac replied 'Thats a swiss army knife!'

I always liked the way that secen defined a SAK as not being a weapon. Kinda kewl. I got told many years ago that you where allowed to carry SAKS on planes even tthey wouhough you couldn't carry a standard pocket knife.

Don't know if it was true or not...

sak.gif

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Aug 14 2005 @ 11:33 PM )
Another good episode, yeah! Seeing Jack getting whipped was pretty hard for me when I first saw it. This is what I think the darkest Jack Dalton episode. I liked the country-style though.

In Belgium they say/said (mostly my mother and grandmother) it's forbidden to carry a Swiss Army Knife but I most definitely have my doubts about it. 

QUOTE (MacGyver Aug 16 2005 @ 01:21 AM )
"Jack in the Box" was a great Jack Dalton episode. Definitely pretty rough on Mac and Jack getting thrown into a labor camp. I love the part at the end though, when MacGyver defeats the bad guys (drags one of them into the mud biggrin.gif ) and then has to stick the bomb (that he didn't make! wink.gif ) and sticks in the briefcase with the money!!! And when it blows up, he tells Jack to relax. "It's only money!"

And yes, I also remember the scene with MacGyver getting stopped for carrying a weapon. "It's a Swiss Army Knife!"

I don't consider SAKs weapons, but if you really tried almost anything could be a weapon. However, although I'm still upset about it, I've been leaving my SAK home on airplane trips because I'm afraid security will take it away and I don't want to have to go buy another one! sak.gif 

QUOTE (MacGirl Aug 16 2005 @ 08:25 AM )
I think I've seen this one... I definitely remember the "That's a Swiss Army knife!" scene... classic...

Unfortunately, since 9/11, NO knives of any kind are allowed on U.S. flights... and that even includes metal nail files or clippers! I can see why, of course, but it seems to be going just a little overboard. Then again, our country went completely nuts after 9/11... witness parts of the infamous Patriot Act.

I'll be looking forward to S3, so I can see this again. If I have seen it, it's been a heck of a long time.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Aug 16 2005 @ 08:44 AM )
I love the part at the end though, when MacGyver defeats the bad guys (drags one of them into the mud  ) and then has to stick the bomb (that he didn't make!  ) and sticks in the briefcase with the money!!! And when it blows up, he tells Jack to relax. "It's only money!"

No, no, not the money, not the money, noooo!!!

QUOTE (rockatteer Aug 16 2005 @ 09:14 AM )

BOOM!!

Five million bucks worth of confetti

roller.gif

QUOTE (MacGirl Sep 20 2005 @ 04:03 PM )
That was my favorite scene! clapping.gif

That sheriff was just a nasty SOB! The sort of character you love to hate... he sets Mac up, then arrests him for nothing. mad.gif Poor Mac! Thanks to Jack, he got the worst of it in this one.

I've often found myself wondering if Jack would still be getting in trouble (and pulling Mac into it!) when he was eighty. My answer: Probably! laugh.gif 

QUOTE (MacNymph Sep 21 2005 @ 03:31 AM )
At the begining of the episode when Mac and Pete hear Jack's message, I totally get the impression from Mac as he goes back and forth with Pete about the reasons why he should / shouldn't go... that he actually wants to go... like dealing with Jack and his foolishness is fun. ??? Anybody else get that?

And QUESTION:

dry.gif

Wouldn't it have been just as easy for Mac to have pitched that dynamite into the WAAA TEER than into the briefcase?? blink.gif

(I'm sure if there's a scientific reason y'all tell me)

BUT.. shouldn't he have thrown it back behind them at the dead end instead of out in front of them were if it had been a bigger explosion it could have caused a cave in blocking their exit?

unsure.gif This is a nit pick isn't it? blush.gif I'll repost it there. happy.gif

QUOTE (Amy Sep 21 2005 @ 10:42 AM)

I've often found myself wondering if Jack would still be getting in trouble (and pulling Mac into it!) when he was eighty. My answer: Probably! 

Hee hee. I say definitely. By then it'll probably mostly involve regaling his grandchildren with highly exaggerated tales of his exploits while Mac periodically informs him that his left eye is twitching. wink.gif

QUOTE (Amy Sep 21 2005 @ 10:48 AM )
This is a great Jack ep! Season 3 definitely brings Jack into play a LOT and I'm enjoying it. Jack's his usual witty, conniving self.

This episode reminds me of that Paul Newman movie--I forget the title, but I love this movie--shucks, what is it? Anyway, he's in a Southern prison/chain gang and takes a lot of abuse. The warden in MacGyver reminds me of the warden in the movie a lot! A famous line from it: "What we have here is a failure to communicate." I love that line! 

QUOTE (MacGirl Sep 21 2005 @ 03:58 PM )
QUOTE (MacNymph @ Sep 21 2005, 04:21 AM)
At the begining of the episode when Mac and Pete hear Jack's message, I totally get the impression from Mac as he goes back and forth with Pete about the reasons why he should / shouldn't go... that he actually wants to go... like dealing with Jack and his foolishness is fun. ??? Anybody else get that?

I did pick up on that! On occasion, you have to wonder whether Jack really drives Mac that crazy. I mean, Mac IS always jumping in with both feet to help Jack when he gets in trouble, no matter how many times it happens. If he were really that irritated by it, he would find a way to say no and stick to it... but I think he really winds up having a ball when Jack is involved. ("Now, Mac, don't tell me you're not having just a little bit of fun!" was one of my favorite scenes from Jack of Lies... here's Mac, grinning like the Cheshire Cat even though he's supposedly PO'ed.) Better yet, he would probably find a way to avoid Jack altogether, and/or end the friendship completely.

I don't know about anyone else, but I say that Rick and Bruce should have done a comedy series together! Wouldn't that have been a hoot?!

QUOTE (Amy Oct 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM )
This episode reminds me of that Paul Newman movie--I forget the title, but I love this movie--shucks, what is it? Anyway, he's in a Southern prison/chain gang and takes a lot of abuse. The warden in MacGyver reminds me of the warden in the movie a lot! A famous line from it: "What we have here is a failure to communicate." I love that line! 

Hey I remembered that movie! Cool Hand Luke. Great movie--watch it and the you'll see the similarity in the guys in charge!

QUOTE (rockatteer Oct 21 2005 @ 06:55 AM)

I did pick up on that! On occasion, you have to wonder whether Jack really drives Mac that crazy. I mean, Mac IS always jumping in with both feet to help Jack when he gets in trouble, no matter how many times it happens. If he were really that irritated by it, he would find a way to say no and stick to it... but I think he really winds up having a ball when Jack is involved. ("Now, Mac, don't tell me you're not having just a little bit of fun!" was one of my favorite scenes from Jack of Lies... here's Mac, grinning like the Cheshire Cat even though he's supposedly PO'ed.) Better yet, he would probably find a way to avoid Jack altogether, and/or end the friendship completely.

I think it shows how close they are... THey are like brothers...no matter how P'd off Mac gets with Jack, or how irritated he is by Jack... he's still gonna be there if jack needs help.

Helping people in need, regardless of how you feel about them is one of the main charecteristics of MacGyver... I think the whole Jack Mac thing is one of the tools the show uses to emphasise that charecteristic.

QUOTE (MacGirl Oct 21 2005 @ 08:39 AM)
Yep, I think you're right, Rocky. I guess I always kind of saw Jack as Mac's mischievous little brother. happy.gif

I also totally agree with you about how the show emphasizes helping others in need, no matter who they may be... and that theme popped up over and over. Just a couple of examples that spring to mind: The Escape, and Halloween Knights. 

QUOTE (Sheepy Jan 28 2006 @ 10:18 PM)
I loved this episode.
I usually love every episode with Jack in it.

To the question why Mac always jumps into with both feet to get this guy out of trouble; I think I'd do the same. I'm very loyal to my friends (sometimes too loyal)
When Jack gets into the picture the first time (Jack of lies) they show pics of both of them and Mike in places all over the world. Kind of explains why Mac is not ready for a relationship with her, later on in the Widowmaker.

It is only money..... Priceless!

QUOTE (MACGYVERISMYDAD Jan 29 2006 @ 09:03 AM )
good mac jack episode. very well acting job when jack was getting whipped, my back started hurtin seeing it!! i think MacGyver could of threw the dynamite in the water but they wanted a twist to the ending that why they wrote that part in there more than likley. also if you look at the money when it is flying all around after being blown up it looks like 50% of i may still be intact. that wouldn't be to bad having a couple thousand anyways!! plus theres always scotch tape!! jeep.jpg 

QUOTE (MacsChick Jan 29 2006 @ 06:25 PM)
What can I say? I love Mac/Jack episodes! Anytime I'm depressed, I watch them for comic relief! laugh.gif Someone mentioned Cool Hand Luke earlier--one of my favorite movies! I swear that warden looks a lot like one of the guards in that movie that kept torturing Luke until he "got his mind right." Seriously, he has the same voice and everything! Creepy! ohno-smiley.gif My favorite line is when MacGyver is talking to Pepe (I think that's his name), and Pepe tells him that his Rosa's parents want her to marry someone special like Jack, and Mac says something like, "Yeah, he's special, all right. He's going to need some special intensive care when we get out of here!" laugh.gif Do I detect an early sign of Jack O'Neill sarcasm? 

QUOTE (Amy Jan 30 2006 @ 06:08 AM)
Someone mentioned Cool Hand Luke earlier--one of my favorite movies! I swear that warden looks a lot like one of the guards in that movie that kept torturing Luke until he "got his mind right." Seriously, he has the same voice and everything! Creepy! 

That was me! I love that movie. And it is creepy! Same guy??? I dunno. Anyone? Anyone?...

You know what bugs me about the whipping scene...does anyone else think Mac was just too passive in the background? I don't think anyone was holding him back or anything and there really wasn't much of an expression on his face. With Mac's stand against injustice I expected him to react pretty strongly to what was happening to his friend.

QUOTE (rockatteer Jan 30 2006 @ 08:19 AM )

You know what bugs me about the whipping scene...does anyone else think Mac was just too passive in the background? I don't think anyone was holding him back or anything and there really wasn't much of an expression on his face. With Mac's stand against injustice I expected him to react pretty strongly to what was happening to his friend.

Mac was probably thinking Jack was well overdue for a good whippin!

Considering the place they where in... and the kind of people running it...what was Mac going to do. If he stepped out of line he'd be the one getting whipped or just get shot.

QUOTE ( MacsChick Jan 30 2006 @ 03:06 PM )
That's true. That scene bugged me for awhile, too, but considering that Pepe just got shot and killed, and Jack is being whipped for bad behavior, Mac is probably being smart by staying out of the way. As Rock said, he'd risk getting shot or whipped, himself. I suppose you could argue that Mac shouldn't care about himself and risk his life to save his friend, but I think he knew that if he did that, it would make it harder to escape--for both of them. He does flinch and look pretty upset while Jack is being whipped, and he does help him with his cuts when the whipping is done. 

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 February 2007 - 03:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I just realized that the guy playing Wrigley in this episode is Robin Mossley.. who of course comes back in later seasons as Wilt Bozer, along with other various characters.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 2 February 2007 - 10:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 February 2007 - 06:41 AM)
I just realized that the guy playing Wrigley in this episode is Robin Mossley.. who of course comes back in later seasons as Wilt Bozer, along with other various characters.

I love Robin Mossley! He gave a most memorable performance in one of my favourite SG-1 episodes 'Window of Opportunity' as the distressed archeologist that turned on the time machine.

Didn't he also play Alexander Shannon in the Mac ep. 'Legend of the Holy Rose'? That boy is nothing if not versatile! biggrin.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
abacab
Posted on 17 July 2007 - 06:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Traveller

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode: The Invisible Killer
Vehicle: Truck

I'm likely to stir a little controversy with this review, but I don't care. This is how I feel.

There are a couple of reasons I might not enjoy an episode of MacGyver. One of the lesser reasons is that an episode is hard to watch. "Black Rhino" and "Passages" (to me) suffered from this, because they were either tedious or bad, and failed to be entertaining, merely being an exercise. "Jack in the Box" is hard to watch, too, but not for the same reason: it's because the episode is so negative and idiotic that you want to start beating up your television.

Starting at the beginning: Jack Dalton is assaulted by a police officer, thrown through a window and arrested. Nobody in the entire restaurant seems to care, and not even his "friend" Louella attempts to do anything. (Yes, I know they couldn't exactly call the police, but do something!) Then Mac comes along, is assaulted unprovoked, accused of carrying a concealed weapon and is trucked off to the labor camp. Then, he is informed that a "J. D." is dead, and we cut to commercial.

Of course, that was just a cheat, and Jack is being held in the "sweatbox", and soon begins to inform Mac of the "plan" that he has, while eating chicken legs held under a floorboard. (Did that seem a little gross to anybody else?) So then Mac tries to stage a diversion by blowing something up, and the two escape. Bodine has his gun pointed at them when Pepe shouts. He rotates 90 degrees and shoots Pepe. Cut to commercial.

We come back, and Dalton is brutally whipped across the back. Some little hick informs the warden about the plan, and the two escape, and Lyle turns them in. Louella acts submissive. They come back, and lead the warden and Bodine to the treasure, where they are nearly blown up. The two are disposed of, Mac takes the lit stick of dynamite and shoves it in the treasure case, and destroys the money.

Now, throwing it in the pond should have been sufficient. The ending put on it makes the entire episode, as Marc Scott Zicree might say, "the worst kind of cheat". We suffered through over forty minutes of unbearable torture so that the ending can put the leads back where they were at Point A. WHY? Why did we sit through that, only to have absolutely no outcome? WHY?

Why are the performances so bad? There are ways to play evil without being brash and cruel, but Lance LeGault disregards those and goes for a completely over-the-top, awful characterisation. (The script is partially responsible here, too.) As Lyle, Eugene Butler is merely idiotic, as is Diane Robin as Louella. Even the leads are generic and flat, with none of the energy and originality usually present. The only bright spot is Luke Askew as the warden, who plays with precisely the sort of menacing evil that I described above. He's the only halfway decent performer here. WHY?

Why is the script so negative? I loved the previous Dalton episodes, especially "Jack of Spies", because they were essentially cartoon. They were occasionally serious, and gave just enough drama to propel the episode, but existed primarily as light action. This episode has the characters wade through the for about forty minutes and gives no satisfactory ending. WHY?

Why should I watch this again? I won't.

"I didn't think you'd be one to go for whipped bean curd." -Mac

PM                                                                     
j12752
Posted on 17 July 2007 - 01:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 February 2007 - 08:06 AM)

Who also played that time thing operator in "Window of Opportunity" in SG-1

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 17 July 2007 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (abacab @ 18 July 2007 - 02:48 AM)

Why are the performances so bad? There are ways to play evil without being brash and cruel, but Lance LeGault disregards those and goes for a completely over-the-top, awful characterisation. (The script is partially responsible here, too.) As Lyle, Eugene Butler is merely idiotic, as is Diane Robin as Louella. Even the leads are generic and flat, with none of the energy and originality usually present. The only bright spot is Luke Askew as the warden, who plays with precisely the sort of menacing evil that I described above. He's the only halfway decent performer here. WHY?

Seems to me your watching this show out of context.

This is an 80's and 90's TV show and needs to be watched in the context of an 80's and 90's TV show.

Acting and TV shows where different back then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
androgyny
Posted on 20 September 2008 - 11:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I didn't really enjoy this episode that much. I like Dalton. He's a funny fellow. But I am kind of tired of seeing him put people in danger because of his money-making schemes.

I admire Mac for being such a good friend.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 25 April 2009 - 10:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

poor MacGyver thinking his friend had died in the beginning, and then you feel sorry jack when he is whipped.

SMeeceymouse
Posted on 9 May 2009 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I liked the episode, especially because it kind of reminded me of the movie "O'Brother Where Art Thou". George Clooney could totally play Jack Dalton. But Jack has a heart and a soul when his friend gets shot. At least Jack's left eye didn't twitch which means he wasn't telling Mac a lie. sak.gif

PM                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 17 October 2012 - 04:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Jacket:  Black leather

Sorry it took me a bit longer than usual to post this--I've been extremely busy since I got home from my parents' house on Sunday... tongue.gif

I really liked this episode, though!

Starting from the beginning, I *love* the first sequence when you get a first "tour" of the house boat--you can so totally imagine MacGyver living there!! It's almost as if it's a character on its own between the third to the sixth season!

It's really neat to see a glimpse of Mac's and Pete's friendship too, before Mac leaves, searching for Jack...

I don't know whether the police would consider a SAK a weapon by my country's definition, (I don't care, really, I always carry my MacGyver kit in my purse), but those policemen were obviously collaborating to recruit more people for the mines, looking for *any* reason to arrest people.

You can really see how well Mac and Jack know each other, and how close they are, despite Mac's annoyance that he's being "dragged along." Jack is very aware of Mac's soft spot--he brings up the fact that he lost a plane and risked his life because of Mac, making him feel guilty. It's so obvious that poor Mac is always ridden by feelings of guilt deep within, thinking he's not doing enough for his friends and family...

Regarding the chicken under the floor boards--I hope it hadn't been sitting there too long... blink.gif
I've got a theory here though--at home, and whenever possible, it's obvious that (past season one) Mac chose vegetarian and healthy food over anything else. Yet, I don't think he's overly rigid--if it stands between eating whatever's available or starve, he wouldn't choose the latter; there are a few other (past season one) episodes where he does eat what looks like meat, and even drinks coffee when he's offered. Might just be something that was overlooked by the writers, but it would make sense; he *is*, foremost, a survivor and uses whatever's available for the moment.

Anyway--I think the part set in the mines was very suspenseful indeed! The MacGyverism with the lamps was awesome... that kind of lamps are yet another one of those things that probably wouldn't be used today.

It was very sad to see Pepe getting shot... he was a very helpful and warm hearted man. But it added more depth to the story.

I think Mac chose to put the dynamite inside the bag using the money as an extra padding--explosives are not my field of expertise but maybe the water would have been enough to contain the explosion. It was a clear indication, though that money doesn't mean that much to him, unless, of course he'd get it as a bonus to donate to people in need...

So, how do I rate this one... Well, it's a rather week "Excellent," but an "Excellent" nevertheless. smile.gif

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 21 October 2012 - 02:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

You can really see how well Mac and Jack know each other, and how close they are, despite Mac's annoyance that he's being "dragged along." Jack is very aware of Mac's soft spot--he brings up the fact that he lost a plane and risked his life because of Mac, making him feel guilty. It's so obvious that poor Mac is always ridden by feelings of guilt deep within, thinking he's not doing enough for his friends and family...

You bring up something that keeps bugging me about Jack, and this episode is a fine example. Jack plays with Mac's guilt feelings in a way that is totally unfair. I mean, the sheer nerve to blame Mac for something he, Jack, was responsible for in the first place: it was Jack who forced Mac into coming with him to rescue the 'botanists', by 'kidnapping' Mac's furniture. That's the way Jack operates most of the time. He doesn't just ask Mac to help him out, he pressures him, he lies and cheats, cons him into it. That's my main reason for not liking Jack very much. Okay, he can be funny at times, but overall he is a guy who thinks only of himself, trying to get rich fast, and he uses Mac to get it. And Mac, who is the real friend, falls for it every time, because Jack knows how to play him. Real friends don't use each other like that.

And the 'carrying a concealed weapon' bit is a very obvious set-up to arrest Mac – after Bodine has been given a signal by the redneck outside the cafe.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mela_007
Posted on 18 February 2013 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity

I liked this episode. Jack is not my favorite because he uses Mac and I don't like it when someone gets used. But Mac is a good friend and helps Jack when he can. I agree he likely gets a bit of a rush in doing so.

As far as the dynamite...I agree it was not the best idea to throw the suitcase towards their exit, but I can guess why he did not throw it into the water. He had just used the hook and machinery to drag the Sheriff into that water. No matter what someone has done to Mac he's not going to kill them if he can help it. Had he thrown the dynamite into the water, likely the Sheriff would have been Toast!

Mac's a good guy, remember? boxing.gif thumbup.gif

"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 9 January 2017 - 03:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered

I'm fairly certain that even here in England, people would legally be allowed to carry a sak.gif .

This episode appeared to be implausible even by the usual standards. Louella being the only female character didn't help. They would have been better off deciding not to bother having any female characters at all.

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 21 October 2018 - 06:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners

I've always loved this episode - another frustrated MacGyver lol... but he gives Jack the lecture speech at the end, and Jack goes "what are friends for?" which pretty much sums up the Mac/Jack dynamic.

Yes the premise is far fetched, but that's 80s tv for you laugh.gif

Plus Mac blew up Jack's money, which was hilarious too. Good combo of serious and funny overall.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted on 23 October 2018 - 06:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 21 October 2018 - 06:07 AM)
I've always loved this episode - another frustrated MacGyver lol... but he gives Jack the lecture speech at the end, and Jack goes "what are friends for?" which pretty much sums up the Mac/Jack dynamic.

Yes the premise is far fetched, but that's 80s tv for you laugh.gif

Plus Mac blew up Jack's money, which was hilarious too. Good combo of serious and funny overall.

Jack Dalton episodes are so entertaining. You really never know what Jack is going to say or get Mac tricked into doing. 80s TV shows so different, in a good way, from the shows that are popular now. They did a great job of portraying the little town where they ended up and the way strangers would be received. Strangers are noticed and the townspeople would be wary of them. Especially someone like Jack Dalton. biggrin.gif

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll