Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Rambo the Videogame is still bugging me. It won't leave me alone. I'm trying to get three stars on each mission but it seems pretty impossible. It is frustrating game though. On the first mission I need 1.500.000 points to get the three star rating and there are other levels where you need over a million and half points to get the rating and it's very demanding.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 15 February 2017 - 05:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (denizen @ 15 February 2017 - 12:28 AM)
Hey, nice one, Jedi. So, you like Skyrim but you dont like Final Fantasy? wink.gif

LOL! I'll give Final Fantasy a try at some point. Skyrim was an easy decision because it's made by the same folks that made Fallout. It's a tad different game play than Dragon Age. In fact, I think I prefer Skyrim because you can go into 1st person. Dragon Age, like Mass Effect, doesn't do that, which drives me a tad batty sometimes.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 15 February 2017 - 11:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

It does look good, ill admit.

I finally received my copy of The Evil Within. Havent played it yet but it looks totally weird. biggrin.gif
Will probably give it a try tomorrow.

Jedi, i'm sure you'll love this, but i have officially ordered Resident Evil 4 HD for myself. I'll be giving it a go on the XB1.

Have to admit that even Resident Evil 5 looks good. I see there is an HD version of that too. Is RE5 worth the trouble?

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 16 February 2017 - 12:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

You'll have to let me know what you think of Evil Within. Even I haven't gotten that game. XD And let me know what you think of RE4 too! *squee!*

If you want to give RE5 a go, please do! It's not a bad game at all... and neither is RE6.

My problem with those games has more to do with the vibe and lore than the gameplay. They've pretty much ruined all the good characters... =P Nothing beats the originals, and Capcom continues to fail at replicating what made the originals great. RE7, as good as it looks, doesn't have that vibe either. But it's one hell of a great attempt.

I've already watched Markiplier play it. It's all supposed to tie in with the next CGI movie coming out this year... RE: Vendetta. The movie looks over the top ridiculous... but I'm a glutton for punishment, so of course I have to watch it. My friend and I are taking bets to see if Leon's hair continues to defy gravity. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 February 2017 - 01:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Seen the trailer myself. biggrin.gif And if Leon continues to be a replica of an anime based character, then his hair will continue to do just that.

You should check out Final Fantasy when it comes to hair. They defy it all. laugh.gif

Will give you my opinion on Evil Within when I've played it. But at the cost i paid for it, it would have been a crime not to buy it.

I personally enjoyed RE 1 and 2. 3 was good. I accepted it. RE4 i played a few years ago on my PS2 for a short while but that's where it ended. That's why i wanna pick up where i left off. And now i can do it in HD! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 March 2017 - 10:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, i finally got my hands on Resident Evil 4 and boy oh boy am i enjoying it!

Weird. Couldnt remember it on PS2. The graphics are not a huge improvement however they have used a few filtering techniques to make it look good. And it does. I only really played Resident Evil 1-3 complete so this one is an added treasure.

I'll probably consider buying Resident Evil 5 and 7 after this.

Evil Within is quite interesting. Made in the same vain as Resident Evil 4 but not as good IMO. A little more freaked out though. Still, plays similar as you control a cop who upon investigating a recent grizzly murder gets transported to a horrifying facility where dead bodies are all round and you're chased by some crazy guy carrying a chainsaw! Yikes.

It is a little over the top but if youre into these sort of games, give it a go.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 March 2017 - 03:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Upon till last week, I kept playing Rambo. It was becoming personal. But now I did manage to get all the trophies (something I usually don't care about, I just want to finish the game for the story, however that might have changed now, it feels even more complete), have everything unlocked and made it to three star ratings on all levels. Now I put my games aside for awhile. It just got stuck on me like that black stuff on Spiderman. But I sure thought it a lesson. nasty.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 March 2017 - 04:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

RE4 was one of the few games that actually lived up to the hype, and then some.

That game is totally ridiculous sometimes, but I love it. How far have you gotten denizen?

I'm still playing Skyrim. Kicking the crap out of that game too... and I've learned there's no such thing as a "quick" quest. I did a side quest last night that took about three hours. Though, I will admit, I have a great companion that is a vampire, and she's awesome... kind like an low key Bloodrayne.

You can also build in Skyrim as well, but the mechanics are different than Fallout. Almost like an early version of Fallout's build system. Fun, but just as time consuming. lol

That being said... Mass Effect Andromeda comes out in less than three weeks. I'm so excited I can't stand it! I'll probably stream it too! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 March 2017 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yup, i know of Mass Effects closing release date. laugh.gif

Not too far as yet. At the beginning. Arrived at the town. Townsfolk went o the church. Search the entire town and now i am in the next area and there's a man working by a barn. Saved my game at the small shack.

Skyrim definitely looks amazing. My colleague at work plays it a bit.

MacGyverGod, i actually wouldn't mind playing Rambo but its not yet available as a backward compatible game. They usually update the list on a weekly basis so its just a matter of time.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 March 2017 - 08:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Does any of you actually know the Angry Video Game Nerd? This channel is about a guy named James Rolffe who reviews the worst video games ever. First only Nintendo games but later also games on other consoles. At first I thought it was only ranting about games and finding everything bad no matter what but his videos are pretty awesome and funny. He's pretty foul mouthed (I really have learned some new bad words and combos) and he drinks beer and he is dressed liked a nerd with pocket full of pens. But he's not just ranting, he clearly points out where the mistakes of the games are and is pretty honest about it. All the while he just outs his frustrations and was chased by Leatherface, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees. I have one review on an old Back To The Future game for Nintendo.

I would say: rated R for language.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 12 March 2017 - 08:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Pretty good. biggrin.gif

I remember the Back to the Future games that came out back then. Strangely the Nintendo game was completely different to the computer game (Which i owned). And although it wasnt very good, it was still closer the movie than this one was.

The sequels were also more faithful.

Back then it all depended on who developed the game. Many times, producers of the movis had no involvement and this is what ended up happening.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 14 March 2017 - 05:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah, I've watched Angry Video Game Nerd. I watch AngryJoeShow too, since his reviews are generally fair and usually mirror how I feel about certain games.

Sometimes I'll watch AlphaOmegaSin, but he's a little over the top. XD

Remember when I said Serana reminded me of a low key BloodRayne?

I figured out why... same voice actress. XD

I beat the main story line in Skyrim. Now it's just doing all the side quests and collection. I still have some DLC's to finish as well.

One more week until Andromeda!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 14 March 2017 - 05:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Nice going Jedi.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 March 2017 - 10:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Two days until Andromeda!!!

I don't know if I'll stream on Twitch on Tuesday or Wednesday. It depends on how long it takes for the game to install. If it's an overnight thing, I'll stream on Wednesday after work.

If I can get my friends on board, I'll probably do voice.

If anyone is interested in watching, stay tuned! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 19 March 2017 - 07:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

biggrin.gif Sounds good. I'll keep an open eye.

Never had anytime to play anything on the weekend. but tomorrow is a holiday here so maybe i'll play something tonight.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 March 2017 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm into Super Street Fighter IV now but it's definitely not the best game ever.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 March 2017 - 04:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Strangely enough i was looking up Street Fighter IV last week. Was tempted to get it ads i heard good things. (Not super street fighter). I see its also available on mobile but have yet to get it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 20 March 2017 - 07:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I've played Street Fighter IV... I was awful at it. XD Crimson Viper was always my go-to character. Don't ask, I don't know why.

Though, I did enjoy Soul Caliber 4. I always played as The Apprentice from Force Unleashed.

That reminds me, I need to someday get that game and Force Unleashed 2. I never finished either game. =O

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 March 2017 - 05:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Got Mass Effect Andromeda today, and the install was pretty quick... surprisingly. I did play a little bit of it, and have one major gripe so far... the god awful facial animation of the main character. My character tends to get these weird expressions of disgust, or just down right creepiness. XD It kinda makes me laugh though.

Anyway, I did stream some beginning stuff, though I had issues with getting Twitch to work. Enjoy! I'll be getting to more combat and planet exploration tomorrow. smile.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130319936

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 March 2017 - 08:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm impressed. Looks great. Love the sound effects when you enter a hall and it echoes.

My only problem is that ive only played Mass Effect 1. Wont jumping to this made me miss out on the story?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 22 March 2017 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Not really. The original storyline with Shepard ended in Mass Effect 3. Andromeda takes place hundreds of years later in a different galaxy. THOUGH, in the history part of character creation, you can choose which gender Shepard you prefer... and I'm not sure if that'll have some kind of significance later.

Though I hope so! I've had a girl crush on Female Shepard since day 1. XD

My friend just texted me last night to let me know that Bioware is releasing a 2GB update on the facial animations soon... thank god.

Other than that, the game is gorgeous and gameplay is hella fun!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 March 2017 - 04:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I agree. It really does look good!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 March 2017 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Jedi, did you purchase the game online or did you buy the actual disc. I am only asking because i wanted to ask how big the download size is for the update. There is no doubt a further update that probably needs to be downloaded prior to playing the game.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 23 March 2017 - 04:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I bought the physical disk, so the install didn't take long... about an hour. I believe the download is around 45GB. My friend bought it on Steam yesterday and said it was a huge download, but didn't specify how big. XD I have too many friends who prefer PC gaming. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 23 March 2017 - 04:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yup. looked it up. It's around 775mb. the download for PC is around 56gb. Which is quite huge. The console downloads are around 45gb as you mentioned.

Might pick it up on the weekend. I'll see.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 March 2017 - 04:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

This is my advice on that, wait until there's a price drop and the new patch comes out. I paid a bit more for the Deluxe edition, and was kinda disappointed that it wasn't as polished. But meh... what can ya do?

Eventually, you get into the game and it doesn't matter anymore... and I know there's a patch coming. I was say, there is a LOT to do. Each planet has so much you need to do, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Despite it's flaws, it's an excellent game. It's got my stamp of approval! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 March 2017 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Thanks, Jedi. I might wait for that price drop. And i wont be buying anything for a while now because i decided to buy the limited edition collection of Resident Evil (All 6 movies collected in an awesome boxset only available on Amazon Japan). blush.gif

Cost a fortune but its awesome!

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 March 2017 - 04:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Hey cool! I'm a big fan of the first movie, actually. That's what got me into playing the games. I got these a LONG time ago, they're supposed to light up, but the batteries are dead. sad.gif

user posted image

While exploring the Tempest, I found these guys from Plants vs Zombies in a bunk. XD

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 March 2017 - 05:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Thats awesome! thumbsup.gif

Love the Plants Vs Zombies plushies!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 April 2017 - 08:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Have to admit. I am an addict when it comes to playing Gauntlet. laugh.gif
user posted image
Came out back in 1985 and its sequel in 1988 and to this day i never get enough of it. Have the awesome Midway Arcade Legends disc which is backward compatible with the Xbox One. Now i have also had to run a 7gb update in order to play Mass Effect again (These darn updates!!! blowup.gif ) But the good news is that i will be playing it from the beginning again (For like the 3rd time! Sheesh!)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll