Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Sorry, but whenever someone mentions Infinity War, all I can think of is this XD

Attached Image
Attached Image

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 January 2019 - 04:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep

user posted image

I got around to watching Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse.

When teenager Miles Morales is bitten by a radioactive spider in the subway, he develops powers identical to Spider-Man. But soon destiny has other plans for him when he meets others that share his powers as he unexpectedly comes face to face with the Kingpin who has found a way to open doors to other worlds.

A brave move from Marvel to open up the Spider-Verse works well and gives us this charming film that proves you don't just have to be Peter Parker to get the job done.

I give this a generous 4 stars.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 9 January 2019 - 04:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners

QUOTE (denizen @ 9 January 2019 - 04:32 AM)
user posted image

I got around to watching Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse.

When teenager Miles Morales is bitten by a radioactive spider in the subway, he develops powers identical to Spider-Man. But soon destiny has other plans for him when he meets others that share his powers as he unexpectedly comes face to face with the Kingpin who has found a way to open doors to other worlds.

A brave move from Marvel to open up the Spider-Verse works well and gives us this charming film that proves you don't just have to be Peter Parker to get the job done.

I give this a generous 4 stars.

I just saw this and came to post it here as well! Even after all the hype it still exceeded my expectations - great movie!

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 January 2019 - 07:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Films I have seen in the past few weeks.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

I guess we all know that story. Directed by Kenneth Branagh, this one was however received less positive then his previous movies. While this movie is far from bad, it's definitely over the top. Even though that was probably the point I do have to say that Branagh's directing is a little on the frantic side. It's like he's all over the place affraid he might drop the ball or something. This movie is stuffed with suspense and tension and can be really fast-paced sometimes without giving enough breathing space in between scenes. But if you can look past that, you might be in for a fun and bombastic ride.

This was also one of the first horror movies I had seen at the age of 10 or 11. It never bothered me or gave me nightmares. It's nostalgia for me.

Also a great score by Patrick Doyle, if not his best. It's big, it's gothic, it's bombastic and it's heavy. Just listen to The Creation.

The movie: 3,5 stars.
The score: 4,5 stars.

Keep an eye out for John Cleese in a supporting role.

Dead Again.

Another Branagh film. Emma Thompson plays a woman suffering from amnesia and ends up in a orphanage. The priest who runs it calls Mike Church to help the woman out. With the help of a hypnotist they bring the woman back to a past life in which she was married and living in the orphanage which was the house that belonged to a famous German composer.

Telling more would ruin the movie. You really gotta see this one with a partner if you're looking for romance, suspense and mystery. 4 stars for both movie and score.

Jeepers Creepers.

Trish and Darry are on their way home, driving on the countryside bickering about all sorts of stuff when they're suddenly attacked by a rusty old truck. A little shaken they try to forget the incident but when they pass an old church they see the truck parked there and see the driver dumping something in a pipe that is wrapped in a sheet. Suddenly becoming witnesses the driver of the truck starts to hunt them down. After running them off the road, the driver takes an interest in something they have and begins to hunt them down and he's prepared to pull all the plugs to get it.

This movie is one of the few movies that is genuinly scary. At the time it was new and refreshing and gave some life back to the genre. 3 massive stars.

Jeepers Creepers 2.

In it's sequel the Creeper, as it is called, sets his sights on a schoolbus full of kids to feast upon. Stranded on a deserted road the kids are forced to rely on each other to hold off the Creeper's attacks. Meanwhile father Jack Taggert who lost his youngest son to the hands of the Creeper is seeking revenge and tries to track down the schoolbus.

This one is a little more spectacular then the first when it comes to effects. This one also deserves 3 stars.

Jeepers Creepers 3.

This sequel also serves as a prequel to the second movie. Picking up directly after the events of the first movie. The cops are investigating the Creeper's truck which appears to be a death trap on wheels. Meanwhile a woman called Gaylen is having visions about her son who got killed by the Creeper who warns her the Creeper is returning to get something back that is buried on her property. The towns sheriff and his sergeant are hunting the Creeper with a small team but the local teens are far from safe from the demon-like Creeper.

A movie that took nearly 15 years to make but unfortunately had suffered from long delays due to a lot of circumstances, including the past of the director and a low budget. The movie has some cheap effects because of the low budget, something the previous two didn't had. Also a weird choice was that most of the movie is set during the day, while it would be more effective at night, just as the previous two. It might have held covering up the low budget a bit. While it was great to finally have the Creeper back (a worthy character and can become as iconic as other monsters) played by the original actor I'm going to give this one a lower score of 2 stars. Jeepers Creepers can be so much bigger and better and one of the scarier characters of recent times if it would get the right treatment and budget.

I heard there is a script for a fourth movie. I still hope he gets it and that it doesn't last 15 years. The Creeper is a very formidable character to simply throw away.

Snowpiercer.

I'll let trailer speak for itself.

And lastly Creed II.

Adonis Creed manages to become the world's best boxer, much like his father Apollo Creed and his father's friend Rocky Balboa once did in their time. 30 years have passed now ever since Apollo had died in the ring and Rocky avenged his friend and country in Russia against Ivan Drago. After Drago's defeat he fell from grace, abandoned by his country and wife. Now living in the Ukraine, Drago's son Victor is following his father's footsteps as a boxer and history seems to be repeating itself when a fight is set between Victor and Adonis Creed. While Rocky has his reservations about the fight, he opts out of it and a rift emerges between the two. But since most of these movies is about preserverance and hanging on to each other Rocky trains Adonis one more time to take on Creed's most powerful opponent yet.

Creed II hardly offers anything new. Pretty much everything this movie offers has been done before in the Rocky movies. That kind of makes it a, been there done that sort of thing, yet it feels very refreshing and with the return of Ivan Drago, new fans of Creed might be inclined to watch Rocky IV and maybe find their way to the other movies as well. 3,5 stars though for being so enjoyable.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 13 January 2019 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I've actually watched a few movies on Netflix. I watched The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (which I haven't finished yet), and I also watched Pearl Harbor last night.

I will admit, I miss Rachel Weisz as Evelyn in the last Mummy movie. She was fantastic in the first two. The other actress just isn't the same. sad.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 January 2019 - 09:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 13 January 2019 - 10:38 PM)
I've actually watched a few movies on Netflix.  I watched The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (which I haven't finished yet), and I also watched Pearl Harbor last night.

I will admit, I miss Rachel Weisz as Evelyn in the last Mummy movie.  She was fantastic in the first two.  The other actress just isn't the same. sad.gif

My mom watched those movies so many times when I was growing up, I still have certain scenes and quotes memorized XD

This post has been edited by Dragondog on 13 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 January 2019 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 14 January 2019 - 05:38 AM)
I've actually watched a few movies on Netflix. I watched The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (which I haven't finished yet), and I also watched Pearl Harbor last night.

I will admit, I miss Rachel Weisz as Evelyn in the last Mummy movie. She was fantastic in the first two. The other actress just isn't the same. sad.gif

From what I've heard her agent didn't want her to appear in the third movie after she won an Oscar that's why they replaced her with Maria Bello. He probably thought an Oscar-winning actress don't belong in an adventure movie like that.

Also Rick's new friend is played by a Game of Thrones actor. Actually, the third movie is definitely not bad and I keep thinking a fourth movie would still have worked. Unfortunately they rebooted it for the dark universe and failed miserably.

Last night I have seen Lawrence of Arabia.

Again one of those massive classics that made me go: yeah, maybe not. At an astounding length of 217 minutes: 3 hours and 37 minutes, the movie started of really good. I think this is where Stephen Sommers might have had some inspiration on his desert shots in The Mummy. It was also shot in Morocco. The desert shots, the close ups of the sun and the group trekking through the desert on camels are fascinating. But sometimes I did feel the movie was dragging on. Then again I wasn't impressed with The Bridge On The River Kwai at first either until I saw him the second time. But Lawrence is over an hour longer. Maybe a second viewing might help. I also have Dr. Zhivago here, another David Lean 3 hour long epic, which I think I'll experience it the same as the other two and probably will need a second viewing.

These old movies are some of the best you'll ever see though because they actually recreate historical moments without the use of CGI or other kinds of special effects. I would still give it 3 stars though.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 January 2019 - 01:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Tomb of the Dragon King was pretty good. You can tell they took some inspiration from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as far as cinematography. With stars like Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li I'm not surprised. Jet Li is one of my favorite martial artists in movies, next to Cynthia Rothrock. I love Rothrock... she can't act her way out of a paper bag, but nobody watches her for her acting chops. XD

I just got home from watching Aquaman. Movie was pretty good! Despite being the usual predictable James Wan movie, I enjoyed it a lot! And not just because Jason Momoa was running around without a shirt on for parts of the movie. biggrin.gif wub.gif

Visual effect were amazing, and the dialogue/acting was terrific! My sister said it reminded her of Sword and the Stone, and I didn't catch that until she said something.

Still, pretty cool!

Next up... Captain Marvel and Avengers: End Game. biggrin.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 February 2019 - 04:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 February 2019 - 06:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Latest movie seen at the movies: Escape Room.

The title speaks for itself and reminds of movies like Saw and Cube. More Cube then Saw actually and the movie is PG-13 but it was the genre I was looking for. So a group of six people receives invitations to participate in an Escape Room game. If they win they receive 10.000 dollars. Only the escape rooms turn out to be real-life death traps.

This would've also made a real nice Mac-thriller. I remember reboot Mac not finding his way out his escape room in that episode but original Mac would gladly take on the challenge. Of course he wouldn't do it for the money. But yes, I can see Mac leading a bunch of people out of a massive death trap building.

Anyway this was an entertaining thriller. I went in without knowing too much about the movie and I needed a thriller-fix which I got. It was a great 100 minutes and it's nothing graphic. The movie is PG-13 and it's more about suspense then gore. Need a fun movie, I recommend this one.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 20 February 2019 - 05:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

I'm super excited for this movie!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 24 February 2019 - 06:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp on Netflix yesterday. Liked it more than the first one smile.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2019 - 04:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Langoliers.

Actually it's tv-miniseries based on the King's book or said otherwise a 3 hour long movie. American Pride Flight 29 takes off from LAX to Boston and ten passengers falls asleep during the flight. When the blind girl Dinah asks for a glass of water from her aunt there is no response and she starts to panic. The nine other passengers join her and they conclude the plane is completely empty and it's flying on automatic pilot. When they land the whole world seems deserted but Dinah is hearing a terrible sound coming from the east.

This was also one of the first of King's adaptations I saw over and over again, though it's not very spectacular, the mood and mystery that surrounds it makes up a big deal. There are a couple of familiar faces there though like David Morse who plays Captain Brian Engle, Bronson Pinchot (yes that is Serge from Beverly Hills Cop) who plays the deranged, on the verge of a terrible break down, Craig Toomy. Dean Stockwell plays Bob Jenkins, a mystery writer. Mark Lindsay Chapman plays Nick Hopewell. He's pretty much the leader of the group and somewhat hotheaded. And there is also Christopher Collet who played Galahad/the groom in Good Knight MacGyver plays a major role in this mini-series as Albert Kaussner. A redhaired goggled teenage violin player. Interestingly he plays a teenager at the age of 27. That makes him about 23 when he was Galahad wearing a white wig.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 March 2019 - 02:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.

A movie I had seen as a kid but never again after the dvd came into our lives. So it was at least 20 years ago since I've seen this movie. Definitely a kids movie. It was also the only one I have ever seen of the original three movies. It's not bad but it's kind of thin. Then again the 2014 movie was not great either, I even missed it's sequel. Still I think this could be big if done right.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 5 March 2019 - 09:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

SAK owned: a red one ;-)

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

Because of the Oscars, they aired "La La Land" as a FreeTV premiere here.

I don't even remember if I've ever seen a trailer for it; I just knew the cinematic posters and the reviews and of course the hubbubb of the movie at the Oscars last year (or was it already 2 years?).

I liked it more than I thought it would; but I like Emma Stone as an actress anyway. I also thought it was nice they didn't cast professional singers and dancers for the main stars; it felt very natural.

That's always a sign you might be in trouble if your dashboard is on fire...
Currently blogging about the MacGyver Reboot on Dashboard On Fire

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 March 2019 - 04:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Gods of Egypt.

A film that has a lot of potential when it comes it's concept: Egyptology. Unfortunately this movie suffered from a lot of backlash, including of getting accused of whitewashing by Hollywood. Yes, the leads were Nicolai Coster-Waldau and Gerard Butler with Geoffrey Rush in a supporting role. But I don't see the problem here. First and foremost this movie is a fantasy film not a historical movie. Last time I looked Arnold Vosloo wasn't Egyptian either when he played Imhotep in The Mummy films. The movie suffered a lot of critique before it was even released and Alexander Proyas and Lionsgate apologised several times. Like I said it's a fantasy film not an historical epic, so a little creative freedom is permitted here in my opinion. Ever since the movie's release nothing has been heard from Proyas again so far. It was his first movie in seven years since Knowing. Yet they were aiming for sequels or a trilogy but it probably won't happen now, though it would be welcome and I'm real curious if Proyas would ever direct another movie. I think mythology movies would be great fun. Gods of Egypt, Gods of Greece, Gods of Scandinavia... you name it. I think there is a lot of material there that could be used to make movies from. So it can take some load off the superhero films and reboots and remakes.

I give Gods of Egypt, 3 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 March 2019 - 05:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Brood.

Frank Carveth is in the middle of messed up divorced fighting over the custody of his daughter while he's soon-to-be ex-wife Nola is in a therapy with an unconventional psychiatrist. When Frank discovers injuries on his daughter he suspects Nola of abusing her and that it's because of the psychiatrists therapy techniques. During this, several brutal murders start happening around Frank and he is faced with the physical form of Nola's rage.

An older movie dating back to 1979 but clearly hasn't lost any of it's power. The movie was based on David Cronenberg's own divorce, so it makes this film quite personal. Again if you know Cronenberg, you know what to expect from him. Though most horror is rather subtle with exception of two real horrifying moments. While no immediate familiar faces Frank is played by Art Hindle (Dave from the Last Stand). Again one of this moments I went: "Dave???" And it appeared I was right. And it appears Art Hindle is still very active. He already finished 3 movies set to be released this year and has 6 other projects running in post-production. Another 3 of which are also set to be released this year.

The Brood gets a solid 3,5 stars from me. Though the story might seem a little confusing at first, it surely delivers in the end.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 March 2019 - 03:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Alita: Battle Angel.

On the Scrap Yard Doc Ido finds the remains of a former robotic warrior who fought in the war of The Fall. He reconstructs her and names her Alita to his deceased daughter because she reminds him of her. Alita comes to and begins the discover the world around her, behaving like a normal teenager and goes through several emotions, including falling in love. When she follows Ido one night after suspecting him of being a killer a fight erupts in which she shows massive fighting skills. Knowing that she is not just a girl, she sets out to find herself and becomes a bounty hunter to take on dangerous criminals.

Directed by Robert Rodriguez and written by James Cameron, Alita: Battle Angel delivers a great spectacle. I always thought Rodriguez and Cameron was a strange combination but it delivers in more ways then I thought. This is definitely a should-see movie. 4 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 March 2019 - 02:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Best Of Me.

From the author of The Notebook this is another one of his adaptations. Dawson and Amanda were high school sweethearts. 20 years later (21, but who's counting) they get reunited after a mutual friend passes away. Dawson declares his love once again but Amanda turns him down because she's married now and has children. Dawson has his own problems with his estranged family.

A movie panned by critics and I can't see why. This movie is as good as The Notebook. I wouldn't say better but as good. I didn't know what to expect since I only knew the movie by title but this I did not expect. 3,5 stars.

A Perfect World.

Butch and Terry escapes from prison and kidnaps a young boy during their escape. Both men don't like each other and when Terry tries to hurt the boy Butch protects him. They form some sort of friendship and hit the road after that. Texas Ranger Red (Clint Eastwood) is set on the case and goes on pursuit with his team to retrieve the boy back.

A nice crime drama directed by Eastwood himself starring himself of course, Kevin Costner and Laura Dern. Keep an eye out for Bruce McGill in a small cameo (without mustache). Interestingly one of the characters name is Bobby Lee. But spelled differently. 3 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 March 2019 - 07:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And this might be the largest movie collection in the world, 15,000 titles worth of 300,000 dollars. According the man only Martin Scorsese might have a larger collection. Mine's currently at 907 titles.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 March 2019 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Don't know if any of you ever saw Deadwood but looks like the promised film is finally coming.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 24 March 2019 - 09:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Apparently... this... is a thing?

Maybe if I die, I don't have to acknowledge it's existence?

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 March 2019 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

In a weird strange way this actually looks fun. Then again it might be the next step: live action films of Nickleodeon characters? It's probably bad as hell but you saw those names? Michael Peña, Benicio Del Toro, Danny Trejo and wasn't that Hank Azaria in the treetrunk?

Anyway...

Day of the Dead.

George Romero's initial ending to his Dead-trilogy. This was a great zombie film if you like those sort of movies. In an underground hideout, a few soldiers and scientists are hiding from the zombie apocalypse and are trying to figure out a way to reverse zombies back into humans. There was great tension among the characters who slowly have to face the reality of their situation and not go insane. Lots of great characters like Sarah, the only woman in the group, doctor Logan nicknamed Frankenstein, Captain Rhodes the ultradisciplined commander of the remaining soldiers and Bub, Logan's subject and possibly the coolest zombie ever in a movie.

The movie is of course very gory thanks to Tom Savini's make-up work, which is one of the best I've ever seen. The script and directing were outstanding. I really enjoyed this one. 3,5 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 25 March 2019 - 06:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 March 2019 - 06:30 AM)
In a weird strange way this actually looks fun. Then again it might be the next step: live action films of Nickleodeon characters? It's probably bad as hell but you saw those names? Michael Peña, Benicio Del Toro, Danny Trejo and wasn't that Hank Azaria in the treetrunk?

Idk, if Netflix gets it, I may try it just for a laugh

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 March 2019 - 03:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just find out actor Joseph Pilato (Captain Rhodes) from Day of the Dead had passed away last Sunday. I watched Day of the Dead for the first time on the day he died. What are the odds?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...iction-14186186

Also saw Captain Marvel which was very good, I might add. 4 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 March 2019 - 07:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

My sister and I just saw Captain Marvel yesterday afternoon. I liked it! Goose is the best thing about that movie, personally, lol

We also watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them last night. That was very good too! She hasn't seen all of the Harry Potter movies yet, so we're trying to get through those.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 April 2019 - 06:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Indecent Proposal.

David and Diana Murphy are just married and knew each other since high school. While happy, they end up having money problems in which David hopes to solve by taking Diana on a little trip to Vegas for a night of gambling. Though they seem succesful at first, again they end up losing everything. This is noticed by billionaire John Gage, who invites the couple to one of his parties and makes the "Indencent Proposal" by paying them one million dollars for one night with Diana and their money problem will be over. Torn by the decision both David and Diana have to learn to come to terms with the consequences of their actions.

The movie asks one interesting question though. Would you spend one night with another man or woman if it solves your money problems? 3 stars.

White Bird In A Blizzard.

Starting of late 80's Kat's mother Eve disappeared one day. Kat, an experimenting 17 year old grows up with her parents seeing her once vividly mother end up being a bored housewife after she married Kat's passive father. While Kat seems to be able to cope with her mother's disappearance without much problems, she ends up sleeping with detective in charge of the investigation. Even that she can put into respective despite she is in therapy. Eventually Kat goes to college and comes home during break several years later and tries to find answers on her mother's disappearance.

A great alternate kind of drama film if you like this sort of thing. The movie is somewhat controversial since Kat is a sexual active person and don't shy several other more controversial elements. 3,5 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 9 April 2019 - 11:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 March 2019 - 03:30 AM)
and wasn't that Hank Azaria in the treetrunk?

No, it was the actor who was in the Overboard remake... I forget his name. I think he's pretty famous in his country but not very well known elsewhere yet.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 9 April 2019 - 11:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 22 March 2019 - 03:44 AM)
Don't know if any of you ever saw Deadwood but looks like the promised film is finally coming.

I'm excited for this, but I also can't remember anything that happened in the show because it was so long ago!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 April 2019 - 05:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It almost happened again!

https://variety.com/2019/film/obituaries-pe...ore-1203183354/
Seymour Cassel played Robert Redford's limo driver in Indecent Proposal. I heard he passed away Sunday only I watched the movie the day after he died.

That's twice in two weeks! Though it can still be coincidence.

The Girl On The Train.

Based on the book that was so popular in 2015. Rachel is an alcoholic who ends up being suspect number 1 in a mysterious missings case after fighting with a woman in a drunken rage whom she barely knows that lives in the neighborhood where she once lived with her ex-husband.

I heard a lot about the book but as usual I'm more interested in the film which is very good despite it sometimes may look a bit messy directed. The story unfolds slowly and always tries to put you on the wrong track, with success. Emily Blunt is a great as the messed up, nearly always drunk Rachel who tries to get herself out of the mess, she got herself into. It's a good solid dark thriller, if you're ever in the mood for one. 3 stars.

Paper Towns.

Quentin and Margo live across each other during childhood but they eventually grow apart through the years. When nearing graduation, Margo pops up at Q's window one night and takes him out on a night he'll never forget in which she takes revenge on everyone who hurt her. The next day, she disappears. Her parents don't bother to file a complaint since she disappears more for amounts of time. Later Q and his friends find more and more clues about her possible whereabouts and along with Margo's best friend and one of the boys' girlfriends they go on a road trip in order to find her.

A nice movie but nowhere near the level of John Green's other film adaptation: The Fault In Our Stars. Though it tries to be honest, the characters has got nothing to show it for except they have to come to accept that their youth is coming to an end once the prom is over and everybody goes to different colleges. 2,5 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) « First ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll