Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

Mishka, ch 5, Pre-history for 'Gold Rush'
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Lothithil
Posted: 17 April 2009 - 06:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

WARNING: Shower scene. Please cover your delicate electronics with drool-proof plastic sheets. Nothing explicit...

Mishka
Chapter Five: When You're Hot

Okay, so I was giving Pete a hard time about the sauna… actually I was looking forward to it.

I had been enjoying sauna with my teammates for months, as part of our physical training routine. But it was one thing to disrobe in the gym and quite another to mingle in public. Perhaps it is just one of those odd American hang-ups—but nudity is generally synonymous with vulnerability, and it's very difficult to relax when all I’m wearing is a length of terrycloth in a room full of strangers.

Still, I had a responsibility—so I sucked it up and hurried to the Sauna Bar. It wasn’t far from the hotel, and I enjoyed the walk through the endless golden afternoon, even though it was actually closer to evening.

When I arrived, I received my next surprise: it was mixed couples’ night at the Sauna Bar.

Sigh. I wished Pete had given me a larger towel.

The steam was so thick, it was like walking across the Golden Gate Bridge during a fog—except for the temperature. Mac was sweating even before he’d found an empty seat among the wooden benches lining the walls. He sat down, towel wrapped firmly around his waist, trying to breathe in the stiflingly hot atmosphere. Water condensed on the ceiling and dripped down on his head like warm rain, running in rivulets down the smooth walls.

People appeared as blurry shapes around him, barely distinguishable from one another in the thick, swirling air. MacGyver guessed that the temperature was higher than any sauna he’d been in before… it had to be almost 200 F.! Very soon the towel was off and he was leaning back against the dripping wall, breathing though his nose and mouth and feeling as if his very skin was yawning with an effort to draw air.

It was delicious. Mac quickly relaxed, modesty forgotten in the security of the anonymous steam. With eyes half-open, he circumspectly noted anything he could perceive of the faces of the people around him, but nobody seemed to be looking in his direction.

A woman walked close by, a colorful tattoo writhing down her hip and along her thigh as she swayed through the thick air. MacGyver decided it was time for some cooling down; he knotted his towel securely at his hip and swam carefully out of the steam room.

There was a very nice pool available to the guests for this purpose, surrounded by huge, airy ferns and equipped with a submerged bar providing a variety of beverages. MacGyver didn’t stop, however, opting for the privacy of a shower—at least for now.

He passed the wall of foliage and stepped into a stall and hung up his towel. A motion sensor detected his presence and turned on the water automatically, sending a refreshing wash of cold water over his steaming skin. He gasped with the shock, then leaned with his hands braced on either side of the shower head, letting the water course over his head and through his hair.

Water dripping out of his hair, he walked back toward the steam room for another sweat, but paused beside a drinking fountain near the pool-bar. The woman he had seen earlier that day, the Russian woman who had accidentally tried to get into his room, was sitting at one of the floating tables, talking animatedly in her native language with two other women.

MacGyver understood what they were saying well enough; DXS training expected their international couriers to learn as many languages as possible. MacGyver had studied Russian, among others, although he understood it better than he spoke it. And he often found it useful to pretend not to understand: people would say the most amazing things in front of him when they thought he didn’t know what they were saying.

It crossed his mind to go up to her and ask her name—until he remembered his disrobed state. Wishing heartily that he was wearing more than a flimsy towel, he walked past the pool, thinking invisible thoughts.

The women’s talk suspended as he went by, and then resumed in loud whispers, accompanied by giggling. Flushing, he clutched his towel and tried to maintain a dignified pace as he returned to the blessed anonymity of the steam room.

Somewhere, flying high above the petty earth, Peter Thornton was laughing at me—I just knew it. I vowed that I will have my revenge!

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 17 April 2009 - 07:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Wonderful read.

MacBeth
Posted: 18 April 2009 - 04:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

Oh, wonderful chapter, Lothi -- except for a minor problem. Would you please make them stop turning up the heat in here? I mean, really. *fans self vigourously*

I especially love the bit about "thinking invisible thoughts"! laugh.gif

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 18 April 2009 - 11:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 17 April 2009 - 03:47 PM)
WARNING: Shower scene. Please cover your delicate electronics with drool-proof plastic sheets. Nothing explicit...

Hahahaha laugh.gif

I missed this line so far, because I already read the chapter on your LJ.

But the best line in the story is this one:

Sigh. I wished Pete had given me a larger towel.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
ghostdoll
Posted: 22 November 2009 - 07:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:D.O.A. MacGyver
Jacket:  Brown bomber

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 17 April 2009 - 10:47 AM)

bwuahahaha!! so true!! I think I'm gonna open up a Mac-drooling-proof system to offer to all Mac fans as to protect their "delicate electronics" as you call them, Loth tongue.gif
Somewhere, flying high above the petty earth, Peter Thornton was laughing at me—I just knew it. I vowed that I will have my revenge!

roller.gif

"Home. Enough is enough. I will not, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever answer the phone... probably... again." - MacGyver (S1-10: Target MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jaebird
Posted: 3 December 2009 - 04:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Strictly Business
Jacket:  Black leather

roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll