Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

So sometimes I come across songs that make me think of certain characters/scenarios. This song makes me think of the Murdoc/MacGyver rivalry. (More so for the reboot, but it works for the original as well).

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 April 2019 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I just see this now. Only this song reminds me of MacGyver.

It's almost as if they used a little cue from the theme song for the chorus.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 24 April 2019 - 07:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 24 April 2019 - 01:47 PM)
I just see this now. Only this song reminds me of MacGyver.

It's almost as if they used a little cue from the theme song for the chorus.

Not available in my country dry.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 April 2019 - 01:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

There were more vids of the songs, try one of those.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 25 April 2019 - 08:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 April 2019 - 04:35 AM)
There were more vids of the songs, try one of those.

Found it, I see what you mean happy.gif

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 30 May 2019 - 07:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

I was *really* excited to see this thread because I literally keep a Google Doc "playlist" of every song I come across that reminds me of any of the MacGyver characters. Mac and Murdoc have the most songs in my list, of course...and they're quite lengthy.

For whatever reason, U2's "I Will Follow" reminds me incredibly strongly of MacGyver. I listen to that song pretty much every time I write a VS episode or any Mac-heavy stories.

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 04:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 30 May 2019 - 07:29 PM)

For whatever reason, U2's "I Will Follow" reminds me incredibly strongly of MacGyver. I listen to that song pretty much every time I write a VS episode or any Mac-heavy stories.

I'll have to remember that as I pick up my writing again! Perhaps it will help the brain juice flow:)

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 07:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams

When I wrote fanfiction, I listened to a lot of ASMR. I think certain videos helped relax the mind so it was easier to write. It doesn't work as well now than it used to though.

Pretty much the entire Shiny Toy Guns III album reminds me of MacGyver because that was what I was listening to at the time I got into the show.

During that time I was listening to a lot of T.A.T.U. as well.

Basically, it was these three songs I'd listen to a lot. Exact same videos too! XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 11:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I usually listen to whatever music matches the current mood of the scene I'm writing happy.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 11:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Personally, I don't usually listen to music while I'm writing. I find it too distracting (start singing along, etc) whistle.gif

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 02:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (uniquelyjas @ 31 May 2019 - 02:52 PM)
Personally, I don't usually listen to music while I'm writing. I find it too distracting (start singing along, etc) whistle.gif

That happens to me too XD I find it helps if you generally know what I'm about to write, so I just have to type, but if I'm trying to find the right words, the song is just a hindrance dry.gif Instrumentals are generally better than songs with lyrics, though tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams

If I'm writing, I usually listen to instrumental music if I listen to music at all. No words, because words are distracting.

For instance, one of my favorites is the Test Track 2.0 queue music. The part at the 5:05 mark is the best part of the track, and every time that comes on, my friend Jacque is like... I dunno what you're doing, but that music makes it sound like you're doing something epic. lol

It's an ongoing gag that listen to a lot of epic stuff at work to help get the creative juices flowing. My boss comes in and asks me... "So, what are we listening to today?" XD

Let me give you some examples. Let's say, I want something epic:

Maybe MacGyver trying to fix something against time.

Or something relaxing, maybe sad: These always crack me up because it's so relaxing, riding on your horse... then BAM! Dragon out of nowhere to eat your face! lol

If you want desolate, creepy... a more creepy S4 vibe:

I've been writing fanfics to music like this for decades because it puts me in the mindset of where I can actually see it in my head. Putting it on paper is a bit more difficult though XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 31 May 2019 - 03:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 31 May 2019 - 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (uniquelyjas @ 31 May 2019 - 02:52 PM)
Personally, I don't usually listen to music while I'm writing.  I find it too distracting (start singing along, etc)  whistle.gif

That happens to me too XD I find it helps if you generally know what I'm about to write, so I just have to type, but if I'm trying to find the right words, the song is just a hindrance dry.gif Instrumentals are generally better than songs with lyrics, though tongue.gif

I usually just visual my story in my head and type what I "see" so instrumentals would be good or maybe even classical. In college I listened to instrumentals of popular songs while doing homework and started singing and not know all the words and got frustrated...that's when I went over to classical!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 2 June 2019 - 05:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Vehicle: Nomad

<pops up from the shadows> Did somebody say Elder Scrolls?! laugh.gif I tend to prefer the Morrowind soundtrack over Skyrim, but the exciting adventure music from the games is so hard to beat!

I go back and forth on the music. When I go instrumental, I go for video game or movie soundtracks... There's a YouTube channel that I've grown fond of called Ambient Worlds that has a ton of instrumental music based on various movies. Although to be honest, the Lego Movie & Portal 2 soundtracks are my writing go-to music. I like having high-energy rhythms.

If I'm writing for a specific character, I listen to a song that matches them on repeat before I start writing, just to collect some thoughts/emotions. After that, I have to turn it off unless it's something very repetitive, like Lemon or I Will Follow or Everything Is Awesome.

My go-to Murdoc song is the Dublin '93 version of Stay (Faraway, So Close), but I also listen to a lot of Fozzy when writing for him. "Judas," "Happenstance," and anything from the Sin & Bones album seem to fit him.

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 16 September 2019 - 07:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

This song is basically what was probably going through Murdoc and Penny's heads just before Murdoc revealed himself in Cleo Rocks laugh.gif

It's just a bonus that the girl in this song is actually named Penny roller.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 September 2019 - 09:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 31 May 2019 - 04:03 PM)
When I wrote fanfiction, I listened to a lot of ASMR. I think certain videos helped relax the mind so it was easier to write. It doesn't work as well now than it used to though.

You listen to ASMR? ohmy.gif Seriously who? I only watch it, when in need of the feeling of liked being spoken to.

When writing I also like to use the music as inspiration. I even post the track along with the story, so you can picture the story with the music as a film. If they only released the score of the show, it would be very helpful sometimes.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted: 1 October 2019 - 02:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

There used to be a YouTube fan video of MacGyver and Jack Dalton to the music of Pete Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll." Ever since then, that's been a MacGyver theme song to me.

Also and for whatever reason, the Steve Miller Band's "Abracadabra" always makes me picture Mac and Murdoc sneaking around Nicholas Helman's club in their Halloween costumes.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll