Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

- no nit picks at the present time

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
perfectlykevin
Posted: 4 December 2007 - 07:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Can I say "all?"
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Fir trees and other evergreens in a Central or South American jungle??? ohno-smiley.gif ugh...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 18 April 2010 - 07:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

at the very end as the plane flies by with MacGyver underneath the stunt man clearly waves twice to someone off camara. probably to either signal all is fine with the stunt or to signal the pilot.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 18 April 2010 - 10:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (perfectlykevin @ 5 December 2007 - 03:39 AM)
Fir trees and other evergreens in a Central or South American jungle???   :ohno:   ugh...

What kind of trees should they be?

at the very end as the plane flies by with MacGyver underneath the stunt man clearly waves twice to someone off camera. probably to either signal all is fine with the stunt or to signal the pilot.

I'm not convinced he's waving. If you watch his right hand he seems to be pulling on, or tightening something under the plane. The left hand could be a wave, but it also looks just as likely to be flicking something out of the way to me.

I don't believe it's standard practice for stunt people to signal things when they are in the middle of a scene. The normal practice is to wait for the scene to be completed and then everyone races int o make sure the stunt people are ok.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 19 April 2010 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

i just watched the scene again and i think the stunt man is clearly signaling something or someone with his left hand. It IS unusual for this to happen during a scene but maybe they only shot it once. perhaps he was signaling for a correction, i doubt that the stuntman or the crew would want to wait for him to fall off the airplane to make an adjustment just to preserve the scene integrity. if you watch just after the plane takes off when the rebels are watching the plane from behind you can see the stuntmans leg slip off the runners and him have to make a recovery , so if they were shooting from the other side for the front view the stuntman could have been signaling his recovery. thats why I listed it as a nit pick

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 24 February 2011 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

when the plane is beig held up at the end of the episode just after jack says 1700 rpms there is a shot from behind the plane where splash back is clearly on the camara lens and dripping down

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 21 May 2011 - 09:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week
Jacket:  Brown bomber

QUOTE (jennkurz @ 19 April 2010 - 03:19 PM)
at the very end as the plane flies by with MacGyver underneath the stunt man clearly waves twice to someone off camara. probably to either signal all is fine with the stunt or to signal the pilot.

I saw that too but I'm not convinced its a stunt person waving to someone. Whoever it is is clearly doing something which appears to be waving, but I don't know if its a signal that all is okay.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
kristiina86halonen
Posted: 18 February 2014 - 03:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Humanity

I think, when the arsenal explodes, we see here the same explosion twice. The arsenal explodes once and right after that it explodes again, but it's definitely the same explosion, only filmed from the different angle.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 23 September 2014 - 05:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

The rocket on the right side of the jet appears to be burning righ after Mac cuts the rope BEFORE Jack hits the ignitors. Watch the rocket every time it shows it and you will see a small flame at the end of the rocket like its already burning. A few seconds later it shows Jack with the hammer and he smashes the ignitors and the rockets burn to life.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 27 April 2015 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

When they started losing oil pressure, they just fixed the leaking hose, but pressure should have been still low when they started the plane again or am I wrong?

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 27 April 2015 - 12:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

I think you're probably right, Miracle. However, any temporary obstruction(re: bullet/bullet fragment) in the hose would definitely cause a temporary low pressure reading on the cockpit gauge. A simple removal of that obstruction would almost assuredly rectify the problem. Perhaps a lodged bullet also blocked the leak? We don't know. However, since the temperature gauge was quickly starting to overheat .... them we can assume that there was, indeed, major oil leakage.

And it's highly unlikely that the oil on takeoff from Baracca was sufficiently topped up given the circumstances and need to leave hastily. Jack most likely topped up the oil before taking off from California .... but how long was the flight to South/Central America and what are fuel requirements in relationship to hours with that beast?

We do know that the de Havilland Beaver's range is only ~ 455 miles (732 km) and that Jack & Mac refueled (at least) in Cancun. The distance from Cancun to, say, Guatemala city is ~ 800kms. So, regardless of the actual physical location of the fictional country of Baracca .... it's pretty well certain that, as well as the oil issue, they would also have been getting low on high-octane aviation gasoline upon takeoff from Central America.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll