Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

This one is a tiny MacGyverism, perhaps lame, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. At work, we were hanging Christmas decorations on our tree when we ran out of ornament hangers. Everybody was looking around, wondering what to do, when I said, "How about a paperclip?" I bent it and shaped it to look like a wire ornament hanger, and it worked. People were impressed, especially this one girl I work with who knows I'm a MacGyver fan. She knew exactly where I got the idea. wink.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 6 December 2006 - 04:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Heehee...simple, but not lame. wink.gif If you knew how many ornaments I have strung up with floral wire...and then I have a wooden bead garland on the tree..the ends are attached the the branches with those twistees that come in toys.

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 6 December 2006 - 02:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (MacsChick @ Dec 6 2006, 04:58 PM)
This one is a tiny MacGyverism, perhaps lame, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway.

Not lame. None of the other weenies thought of it. biggrin.gif You're thinking outside the (Christmas) box. clapping.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 6 December 2006 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

Not lame at all. I used paper clips for ornament hangers all the time. The plastic coated red and green ones are especially festive. biggrin.gif

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 6 December 2006 - 09:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

Whew! I'm glad you don't think it's lame. I just knew it was such a tiny MacGyverism that it might not be impressive, but yeah, I was thinking of other things to use, and that's what counts I guess. smile.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 7 December 2006 - 06:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (MacsChick @ Dec 7 2006, 01:18 AM)
Whew! I'm glad you don't think it's lame. I just knew it was such a tiny MacGyverism that it might not be impressive, but yeah, I was thinking of other things to use, and that's what counts I guess. smile.gif

We do that at my work, too, to hang all our decorations. The other sections think we're brilliant, so that must mean you're brilliant, too! laugh.gif

Mac

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc
Posted: 23 January 2007 - 03:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: None

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:All episodes are my favorite
Jacket:  Leather Biker

When I was living with my dad in Florida, we'd run out of hooks for the christmas decorations too and then I'd run straight into my room and look for a box of paper clips and we'd bend them into hooks. It does work great. Now if he can only find a better way to keep the Christmas lights to stay working instead of buying new ones. LOL! roller.gif

MacGyver Rules!!

www.myspace.com/tanya71

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll