Baking soda, One of the handiest substances known!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGirl
Posted: 5 December 2012 - 07:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I don't believe I've seen a thread like this yet. I've found a couple good uses for, of all things, baking soda. Mix it with a little water, and you've got an incredibly useful cleaner. It makes an inexpensive, safe substitute for silver polish; I use it all the time to polish my silver jewelry. Also, if you're a coffee drinker like me, you probably notice that your coffee cups get stained after awhile even if you wash them a lot. A baking soda paste will take care of those stains pronto.

A few others (listed on the box): an odor-buster for your refrigerator/freezer; an antacid; and I know there are other uses. Anyone else discovered clever uses for baking soda? More generally, anyone have any good household/cleaning MacGyverisms you care to share?

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 5 December 2012 - 09:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Toothpaste
Dip your wet toothbrush in it and brush your teeth. Because it has smaller granules it actually cleans and removes stains from your teeth better than normal toothpaste. It also neutralizers acids in your mouth which can destroy your teeth.

Neutralize acid burns
Can be used to quickly neutralize acid spills and burns. Which means it will also render a vehicle battery useless if you put enough into the battery (useful for stopping the bad guys from getting away wink.gif)

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Issus
Posted: 17 December 2012 - 10:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The escape
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment

Bking soda is great when baking cakes... biggrin.gif

In my oppinion, Graham Bell has a lot to answer for. It gets harder and harder to escape from the world, the news and worst of all, people.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll