Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

user posted image

013 - Flames end

Airdate: 29 January 1986
Teleplay: Stephen Kandel
Story: Hannah Louise Shearer
Director: Bruce Seth Green
Guest Cast: Tannis Montgomery as Any Austin, Conlan Carter as Ed Train, Robert Englund as Tim Wexler.

The theft of uranium from a nuclear power plant reunites MacGyver with an old girlfriend… and the hunt for the thief threatens to set off a nuclear reaction. enemy.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 09:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Votes from September 5, 2006

How do you rate this episode?
Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 1 ] [5.88%]
OK [ 4 ] [23.53%]
Good [ 9 ] [52.94%]
Excellent [ 3 ] [17.65%]
Total Votes: 17

Archived Comments:

MacGyver Posted on Nov 15 2004, 03:23 PM
I just saw this episode again recently and it's a little different from other MacGyver episodes. This is one of the first "romance" episodes. We meet a past girlfriend of MacGyver's from his college days. It was interesting learning about MacGyver's past. I had also forgotten that two cool songs play on the radio when MacGyver remembers his last meeting with Amy. There were some good MacGyverisms as well, such as speeding up the time clock and using a gun for a wrench. There's also another example of MacGyvers' acrophobia. The episode also had a little opening segment before the main title theme song, but it wasn't exactly an opening gambit. But it's different anyway. Another example of what I'm calling a "romance" episode would be "The Negotiator", but that one had a few more MacGyverisms. Anyway, it's still a good episode since I love watching all the MacGyver episodes so much. 

sonyab Posted on Nov 15 2004, 03:38 PM
I loved this episode.. I love the beginning when he is playing hockey with his landlord. MacGyver pretends he is canadian and has a canadian accent.. ay? smile.gif Robert England is in this episode.. Love him! MacGyver is at the beach daydreaming about the past.. The flashback shows MacGyver with his girlfriend.. Gee he looks the same..  They should have used a younger actor to play the part.. oops maybe this should be in the nitpicks section rofl. Well awesome episode. 

MacGyver Gal Posted on Nov 15 2004, 03:48 PM
Overall, I liked this episode for all the reasons already mentioned.

The one thing I didn't like was the acting talents of the woman who portrayed Amy.

Macsrose Posted on Nov 15 2004, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (MacGyver Gal @ Nov 14 2004, 10:38 PM)
Overall, I liked this episode for all the reasons already mentioned.

The one thing I didn't like was the acting talents of the woman who portrayed Amy.  

I will second that!

I loved the opening scene as well... That Hockey Game table looks like sooo much fun! I want one... happy.gif 

Rockatteer Posted on Nov 15 2004, 09:48 PM
Another example of what I'm calling a "romance" episode would be "The Negotiator", but that one had a few more MacGyverisms.

and it had Deborah.....mmmmmmmmmm 

MacGyverGod Posted on Nov 16 2004, 03:28 AM
First I didn't like afterwards I did. BTW the guy who plays Tim Wexler is actually Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street films. Good episode to mention it but not a real highlight. So I give this episode 3 stars. 

Rockatteer Posted on Nov 16 2004, 07:40 AM
That would be Robert England.

MacGyverGod Posted on Nov 16 2004, 10:00 AM
Englund to be exact  

Shiloh Posted on Sep 4 2006, 03:49 PM
I just saw this episode again last night.
I liked it, not as much as "The Heist" or "Target McGyver"
so I rated it 'Good'.

I loved the opening scenes where he's playing hockey and he's doing the funny accent!

I also love the message on his machine when Amy calls
It said started off with something like "You haven't reached MacGyver ..."
That was funny.

As soon as I saw Tim, I had the feeling he was up to something.
I have a suspicious mind! LOL

I loved his use of the gun for the wrench! Only MacGyver could think of that! wink.gif
The speeding up of the clock was great too!

And I especially loved the two songs playing in the background in the flashbacks.
Especially the second one was "Time In A Bottle" (Jim Croche). It's one of my favourite songs.

The flashback scenes were good. Especially when he rode up on his bike. wub.gif

I hate heights too, so I sympathise when he mentions he hates heights.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. biggrin.gif

Stupid Little Genius Posted on Sep 4 2006, 09:33 PM 
i rated this one ok. it was good, just a little on the pradictable side... with the whole 'the gloop comes out of here' and 'if we were to get stuck in here we'd be dead' and then the 'oh no we are stuck in here now we are going to die' bit... and even my mum guessed that tim was up to no good...

the high points were the canadian accent at the begining^^ it was so cute^^ and the bit the 'i don't like hights and dispise guns so how'd i end up here' thing^^ 

Old Fan Posted on Sep 5 2006, 09:09 AM 
I also like the episodes that filled us in on Mac's background - even though it was bent a little to accomodate later background info. In the fhe first season of any show, things and events happen to the characters that may be ammended later on. I've lost count of Mac's old girlfriends. What... another one?

The best quote (describes Mac's philosophy) came out of this episode:

"...I hate heights and I despise guns so how the hell did I get myself up here?..."

Also: When Amy says "... Mac - it'll kill you..." and he replys: "...No way... I haven't paid my taxes yet..."

I voted Good.

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 18 November 2006 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

I didn’t see this episode when it was aired on tv but saw it on DVD and got such a fright when the car exploded! I didn’t expect that at all! I was thinking why on earth is she parking so far away from Mac and how rude she is just sitting there and honking the horn at him instead of getting out to meet him and then kabooom!! surprise.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 1 April 2007 - 06:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

I spent three years working in security at a nuclear power plant, so this one gave me chills!

I loved the opening scene with Mac's landlady, and his Canadian accent. So funny!

Amy was a little whiny and helpless for my taste, but the suspense of this eppy made up for it. I was on the edge of my seat when she and Mac got locked in the disposal chamber with the seconds counting down to when they'd be cooked alive by radioactive slop.

I also thought Tim was just a little too good to be true, and I had the feeling that he was the one who was pulling these dangerous stunts. After all, it had to be someone familiar with the plant, and besides Mac and Amy, Tim and the security guard were the only ones who fit that description. Also goes to show you that what you remember about people isn't necessarily still true. People do change... sometimes for the worse.

The scene on the roof is one of my favorites, with Mac saying, (in voiceover), "Now, I hate heights, and I despise guns. So how the hell did I get myself up here?!" laugh.gif Poor Mac! laugh.gif I don't know why, but that scene always makes me laugh.

Also, I think I have an explanation for why Susan (Amy's roommate... is that her name?) didn't get out of her car. She probably pulled up and honked to get Mac's attention, and was just about to get out when the car exploded.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 September 2007 - 02:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---

Shouldn't that car have been a seal off crime scene after it exploded?

They didn't know MacGyver from Jack and here they are allowing just anyone to poke around and contaminate their crime scene blink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 30 September 2007 - 02:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6

If they were following proper police procedure, the entire area would have been sealed off, Mac would be in an interrogation room giving his statement and having his story checked out, and the crime scene would be crawling with technicians picking up evry little bit of wreckage.

That is the one thing that I found consist with this series, realistic police procedures are not followed consistently. Its really not a big deal, but it is a distraction, knowing that these little details are being overlooked.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 30 September 2007 - 05:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Observatory

That is the one thing that I found consist with this series, realistic police procedures are not followed consistently. Its really not a big deal, but it is a distraction, knowing that these little details are being overlooked.

Well- for the sake of good entertainment, I'm generally willing to overlook such things... biggrin.gif I mean, hey- it's MacGyver! wink.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 12:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

This episode feels to me like it was written in a hurry...

has some important historical/background information about MacGyver's past and the episode itself is ok, but I find there are some really obvious errors and nit-picks which I just can't get past to enjoy this episode...

things like...

Since when do the police bury people before the coroners inquiry is complete and/or without having a formal ID on the body?

their radioactive badges where black as they climbed up the reactor (Amy said black badge equals body bag) yet it didn't seem to affect them.

I wonder how Mac was unable to open the valve with the proper wrench, yet the much shorter gun did the job hmm.bmp

The flashback scene on the beach is really bad quality and theres a distracting line running from about 2/3 down the screen... like a hair on the lens or something.

Why would a chamber designed to hold radioactive "hot" material have a door which had an access panel on the inside of it where radiation could leak through?

Amy said before the goo got to the chamber, the air would be too hot to breath... yet they breathed it right up until a few seconds before the goo arrived.

Couple of other observations...

I got the impression that Amy Mac and Tim where the 3 amigos at high school.. yet Mac didn't seem very excited to see him when he first showed up. Did I mis-interrupt that?

Robert Englund plays a really good spineless weasel, but I prefer him with a mask.

I did enjoy the whole hockey game with the land lady scene.. very entertaining.

and the "Mac it'll kill you." "no way. I haven't paid my taxes yet." was great.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 10:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Observatory

Like I said, ignorance is bliss... (sometimes) biggrin.gif laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 3 October 2007 - 06:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I'm going to have to watch that one again... it's been a while. I remember very little of that episode, except the ex-girlfriend, Robert Englund and a power plant.

*dragging out the DVDs* See ya' in the am... smile.gif

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 8 October 2007 - 06:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

This is one of those episodes that would rate higher if it didn’t have such glaring nitpicks but because it didn’t totally suck, it still rates pretty high.

The beginning scene reminds me of my brother and my cousin when they were teenagers hanging out acting like total goofs, reciting Cheech and Chong and the MacKenzie Brothers. rolleyes.gif Goobers!

Okay… Amy runs from someone chasing her. And she runs into a nuclear waste disposal chamber?? w00t.gif I won’t get into the fact that she should probably be wearing some kind of protective gear but COME ON!! That’s worse than running into the woods in a horror film. laugh.gif
Then, when she takes Mac there to retrieve the folder, they stand around and discuss the gruesome fate they would face if trapped inside instead of just getting the thing and getting the hell out! OH! OPPS! Look at that! You're trapped and here comes the killer goo! rolleyes.gif

When Amy calls MacGyver, someone she hasn’t seen in who knows how long, she just dials. huh.gif From memory. Someone who moves around and she maybe exchanges an occasional xmas card with, his number she has memorized?

Then she tells him to meet her at “our beach” (the one where I dumped you without a second thought. Wench!)

I agree with what was already said about the actress that played Amy. She was terrible. In Mac’s flashback. first of all… she was signing along to a song she didn’t know the words to. Just nod your head or something. Ya twit!

And MacGyver describes their relationship as... "back in the day it was Amy and me, one word". But they had the chemistry of two cold fish. I would have jumped on that ship too Mac. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ratty)
I didn’t see this episode when it was aired on tv but saw it on DVD and got such a fright when the car exploded! I didn’t expect that at all! I was thinking why on earth is she parking so far away from Mac and how rude she is just sitting there and honking the horn at him instead of getting out to meet him and then kabooom!!

That’s what she gets for being so rude! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rocky)
Shouldn't that car have been a seal off crime scene after it exploded?

They didn't know MacGyver from Jack and here they are allowing just anyone to poke around and contaminate their crime scene

I thought that too but several of my nitpicks where dispelled by the end of the episode and we found out the police where in on it. At the very beginning I was thinking, okay, who calls random coworkers in the middle of the night on the weekend to tell them other coworkers are dead? That’s something you don’t find out about until next Monday morning and only after you’ve made a crack or two about how that person must have had a wild weekend or they wouldn’t be late.

Also the crime scene not being sealed off and MacGyver wandering around it. Yes, some time had lapsed between the time of the explosion and the time the coroner rolled off. But what I really couldn’t wrap my head around was a funeral being arranged and held the next day? unsure.gif The cop being in on it and not wanting any incriminating evidence pointing toward him goes a long way to explaining all those things.

The rest of your nitpicks are still valid points I couldn’t explain away in my own head. happy.gif

QUOTE (Rocky)
I got the impression that Amy Mac and Tim where the 3 amigos at high school.. yet Mac didn't seem very excited to see him when he first showed up. Did I mis-interrupt that?

Even if they weren’t best buds, who could forget that face? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rocky)
their radioactive badges where black as they climbed up the reactor (Amy said black badge equals body bag) yet it didn't seem to affect them.

What’s the point of wearing that badge on the outside of the protective gear. Shouldn’t the indicator be inside with you?

If Mac's romantic lead had been a better actress, and if they hadn't been running around a nuclear power plant without proper protection this episode probably would have gotten an excellent rating from me.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 8 October 2007 - 07:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6

I liked this episode for the one liners and the opening scenes of Mac playing table hockey with the landlady. His over the top Canadian accent was a crack up.

I agree with Nymphy about the nitpicks, boy there were a few. For me, the biggest is walking around a supposedly high security nuclear power plant as if they are strolling through the park.

The radiation disposal chamber might be empty, but it would still be contaminated with highly radioactive material. This kind of stuff just doesn't disappear and it would seep into the porous concrete like water seeps into a sponge.

The level of protective clothing Mac and Amy were wearing was nowhere near enough to protect them from radioactive material. It would barely be adequate for handling industrial chemical waste.

As far as Amy goes, she's pathetic. She's so whiney. I know that Mac is the strong one riding to the rescue, but come on, do the damsels in distress have to be so lame? It makes me wonder, what did MacGyver see in her in the first place. I would picture him with a woman more like Nikki Carpenter or the journalist from the Gauntlet than with Amy.

I enjoyed this episode enough to look past most of these things, but stop short of giving this an excellent rating.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 9 October 2007 - 02:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

The only reason I can think of for there not being more security at the plant was that this eppy was filmed years before 9/11. But still, that bugged me, too. I worked security at a nuclear plant from 2000 to 2003, and even before 9/11, our people were crawling all over the place. You'd think the writers would have done a little more research (not that it would have been easy...)

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

What's that?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AC3DG
Posted on 24 February 2008 - 08:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

This was one of my favorite episodes as a kid since the idea of nuclear power plants and such always fascinated me. But when I watched it for the first time in a long time a few years ago, many years older & wiser into the inner workings of reactors and such, it wasn't as neat anymore.

The vast majority of MacGyver related things are mostly accurate, however this episode was not. Granted it was in the early run before they may have concentrated more on being accurate.

First off, the power plant is really a water treatment plant near LAX in Manhattan Beach, or maybe Venice. Somewhere around there. But I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't seen it for myself. It's supposed to have 4 reactors with a control room the size of my bedroom. A real power plant control room is very, very large, and there's 1 per reactor. There's also no such thing as a waste disposal chamber in a power plant, nor is there any hot yellow slush produced in any part of the power making process. An out of control increase in reactor pressure could not be solved by opening a valve at the top of the reactor building itself, as there are no valves on the tops of real reactors- they are solid concrete, several feet thick. If any kind of pressure were released into the atmosphere, it would be radioactive & very dangerous.

MacGyver wasn't just neat, it was very educational. The vast majority of what he did was accurate. A producer from the show gave a talk when I was in college and he said that they always tried to make everything as real as possible. Except for instances when something could be dangerous, then 1 key ingredient or step was left out so if someone did try to recreate it, it wouldn't work. But this episode was considerably more inaccurate than it was accurate. But that doesn't make it any less fun to watch. The guy in the dark gas mask scared the crap out of me as a kid.

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 24 February 2008 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Welcome to the mad house! biggrin.gif

Interesting observations there. I guess this episode was made back in the days when no-one really understood anything about nuclear power plants other than what the environmentalists where feeding us about how much radio active waste they produce and everyone would have deformed children because of it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jknnej
Posted on 21 April 2008 - 04:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I've noticed that pre-CSI TV has many glaring errors in respect to police procedure and policy. Once that show came out, TV seemed to step it up a notch, and all shows (even soaps) started making it a little more realistic.
But, this ep was made when? 19897? So it doesn't surprise me about the complete and total lack of security. We are analyzing it 20 years later!!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
androgyny
Posted on 13 June 2008 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

i love this episode because of the hockey scene. mac is such a kid.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 13 June 2008 - 08:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

laugh.gif Yeah. biggrin.gif There is a certain Peter Pan quality to him.

As my wife would say. He's such a 12 year old! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 13 June 2008 - 09:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

It's one of his endearing qualities. wub.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 14 June 2008 - 02:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

My favorite part of Flame's End (and there are many cause it's great) is when Mac and Amy are suited up and Mac is using the wrench to try to pry the top off this contraption and Amy's hosing Mac down to prevent him from being exposed to radiation (correct me if I'm wrong--I'm not watching it--and it's early in the morning here---favorite time of the day) anyway the wrench goes flying. Mac asks for the bad guy's gun which is in Amy's possession. He uses it as a wrench. And he says soemthing like "Now, I hate heights, and I despise guns, so how the ---- did I end up up here?" Funny. I hate heights and guns so I find that funny.

I also admit that RDA's big kid quality, plus his being down to earth is a big part of the appeal that draws men and women and kids alike to the show.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 26 April 2009 - 08:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I loved learning about MacGyver's past in this one.

MacGirl
Posted on 14 December 2009 - 10:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

As to Mac's not being able to open the valve with the proper wrench, it was because it was wet and he couldn't get a grip on it. On the other hand, he was able to get both hands on the gun (one on each end) and hang on.

What's that?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jack Thornton
Posted on 8 March 2010 - 03:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Ghost Ship

Despite the errors, this is very enjoyable episode. One of the best from season 1.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Azalea77
Posted on 17 March 2010 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Almost all of them

I remember it was THE FIRST MAC GYVER EPISODE I WATCHED!! I was 12 or 13 biggrin.gif

The best way to beat the problem, is to make it work for you

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 4 June 2011 - 09:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Not a bad episode to start your Mac-addiction off on. smile.gif

I watched this episode last night and laughed out loud at his voice over "I hate hates, and loath guns, so how the hell did I end up here??"

The tone in his voice sounded so funny, like he was really peeved and bewildered.

was very roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 5 August 2012 - 06:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

This is the first MacGyver episode I ever saw! And I remember it vividly! smile.gif

It was probably around 1987-88, at a friend's birthday party. My mum was there at the time too, and she was always over anxious that I should be exposed to violence on TV. I still remember my friend's dad's voice when he reassured her "Oh, you definitely shouldn't worry, MacGyver is a good guy, and he doesn't even use guns!" biggrin.gif

I remember I really liked it, but since I had two horses at the time, I didn't have much time for TV series, and to be honest I don't think I saw too many episodes of MacGyver before 2004.

Anyway, with the Chernobyl accident still fresh in my memory when I watched this episode, I remember the thought of a nuclear disaster freaked me out, and I was cringing in my seat all through their escape from the chamber to the prevention of the reactor blowup.

Today, "Flames' End" is definitely one of the cheesier episodes because of its many flaws, but back then, I think nobody knew too much about radiation, save that it was very, very lethal.

Too much kissing in this episode as well, if you ask me. I'm really glad that changed in the later seasons.

Anyway, despite its many inconsistencies, this episode has so much nostalgic value for me, I still had to give it a "Good" rating.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverisms
Posted on 6 March 2013 - 03:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Heist

This is the first MacGyver episode of the First Season One ever saw! I also saw the second half of Season One after watching the entire Second Season. I remember when I first watched this episode I really liked it. The hokey scene the beginning of the episode is so hilarious. roller.gif I really liked Mac's reaction to Amy's car getting blown up. And his reaction was even better when Amy was hiding in the back seat of Mac's car after the funeral. I was on the edge of my seat all through Mac and Amy's escape from the waste disposal chamber and of Mac's the prevention of the reactor blowup. The guy in the dark gas mask really scared me when I was a kid. Way too much kissing in the episode as well. And with this episodes many inconsistencies, it is still a "Good" episode, in my opinion.

Overall Rating: 7/10 sak.gif MacG.gif

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted on 7 March 2013 - 12:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Camper, Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5

I just rewatched this episode the other day. I like Mac's reaction to Amy's car exploding, but the reaction was even better when she pops up from the back seat of his car after her funeral.

I gave this episode a good rating wink.gif

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted on 16 March 2013 - 02:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business

Did Tim die? hmm.bmp

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted on 16 March 2013 - 03:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Camper, Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5

I believe he did at the control panel. The only thing you see is his hand drop.

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll