Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Just looked it up. Certainly looks interesting. What amazes me is how many games fly past without being noticed. Some even become treasures over time.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 January 2017 - 05:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I think it sort of depends how much you're into it. After PS1 had it's time, I sort of grew out of it for a time. I had my PC-games though but that wasn't like the gaming I do now. PS2 we skipped than we had Xbox and Xbox360 and than PS3, the one I still use. Than when I moved, I bought several games in order to play them but things like work sort of prevented that but in the end, all I did was work, come home, go back to work... But than in the end I did find a way by getting back into it by simply start gaming. I didn't do anything else besides work so I just started to game. And now I indeed find some treasures amongst them like Killzone and Kane & Lynch that I bought so many years ago and never played until now.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 10 January 2017 - 05:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Ever since i got my Xbox One i haven't had much time to play. Games are great but i have absolutely no time to sit and play them. So i get it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 January 2017 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Best way to do it is just play when you have a bit time and not to care if there was a day you couldn't play. That's how I usually do it. I didn't mind if it took me two or three weeks to finish it.

Kane & Lynch has gone in a great direction. From a criminal in organised crime to an escape convict to now a revolutionary in Havana, Cuba. Now I'm in Cuba after a prison break in the States and killing a Japanese accomplice, fighting in a civil war. Very nice direction.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 10 January 2017 - 07:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Believe me Mate, i have foreseen every opportunity and the only ones i get start from 10:30pm which is around i time i get ready for bed. I have tried staying up and i end up falling asleep. biggrin.gif

Game sounds great. A lot of titles are backward compatible but not sure if that one is on the list as yet.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 January 2017 - 08:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

That game is insane. From the capitol to the jungles? This is great. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
ArildElvis
Posted: 11 January 2017 - 09:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Nightmares

During the holidays I bought myself an PlaysStation 4, Im going through the Uncharted series and its awesome. The other game I have played is 7 days to die and I love that one as well.

That would sound a lot more reassuring if you weren't holding a human skull.

Only a fool is sure of anything, a wise man keeps on guessing

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 11 January 2017 - 07:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sounds great, ArildElvis! I would love to play the Uncharted games but theyre exclusive to Playstationso i wont be able to get them (I have an Xbox)

MacGyverGod, I see they also have a sequel. Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 January 2017 - 04:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Indeed. I'm sure going to look for that one, when I'm through this.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 January 2017 - 10:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And I'm through it.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 12 January 2017 - 08:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

thumbsup.gif Well done!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 January 2017 - 04:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And now I found this trailer. It's supposed to be released by the end of the year, but it looks so cool. You do need a Nintendo Switch though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 January 2017 - 04:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well youre in luck! Pre orders went live today! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 15 January 2017 - 09:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Last week i struck gold and found a copy of the Skylanders Trap Team pack for the Xbox Box for a measly (Wait for it..) $4!!!

Yup. Thought they were nuts but i checked it and the box with all the items were sound. And no i did not buy it for myself. biggrin.gif I got it for my son. The first game to introduce him to the video gaming world.
user posted image

I was a little nervous as i did not know how he was going to react but he seems to have found it fun. Still teaching him how to use the controller but he's getting there. The worst is asking him to move up on a cliff and he steers the character left off the cliff! biggrin.gif

In the end i was playing and he was just watching but he still wants to play some more. The best part is catching your enemies after you have defeated them because you insert a crystal in the portal adapter (An accessory that the game comes with) and you can use them as characters to play with.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 17 January 2017 - 08:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I've always wanted to give Skylanders a try. It kinda reminds me a bit of Spyro! lol Year of the Dragon was the last decent Spyro game. Actually, now that I think of it... isn't Spyro a part of Skylanders now? O_o I'll have to check that out...

In other news! Mass Effect Andromeda is coming out on March 21st here in the US! WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited!

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 17 January 2017 - 07:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Spyro has indeed become part of the Skylanders. So his legacy goes on. biggrin.gif

Andromeda has a worldwide release in March and i can finally say that i can get it too! happy_dance.gif (Haven't felt like that in many years. Usually pick up games that are 3 years old!)

Of all the titles, i thught you'd be excited for Resident EVIIl getting released next week.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 January 2017 - 08:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Normally I'd say yes to that, but the franchise has tanked since Shinji Mikami left back in 2004. The only decent RE game that Capcom has produced was Revelations. Resident Evil 5 & 6 were okay, but not what Capcom had promised fans. RE7 is kinda iffy with most fans because they've lied to us before. I'm just kinda waiting it out to see what the final game is going to be like, and what other players will say about it.

I'm not the world's biggest Capcom fan anyway. They even GAVE Devil May Cry to another developer, Ninja Theory, who not only disrespected fans, but also butchered the franchise. They got so much negative feedback, they gave the series back to Capcom.

I'm more interested in Andromeda at this point. biggrin.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 19 January 2017 - 08:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I hear you. The worst is when the creator or front man of a project leaves and the fate of the title is left with buffoons. biggrin.gif

They say that 7 will go in a new direction. But as you say, they have lied before and this new direction may be an act of desperation.

I honestly wish you were into the RPG genre because i would recommend Final Fantasy XV. It is probably the most impressive game i have ever seen. Amazing story, characters, humor realism. In fact its less of an RPG than the older ones because the fighting is no longer turn based. Its live action. And the game is HUGE! IMO, it far outweighs Fallout 4.

Andromeda sure looks good. And i am quite tempted but i have not played Mass Effect 2 or 3 yet so dont know if ill be lost in the story or missing out.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 January 2017 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It was a happy weekend for me. Xbox update featured the latest 3 games to be available on backward compatibility and one of those just so happened to be Midways Arcade Origins! Yay! So I have been playing a bit of Gauntlet again along with some more time invested in the awe inspiring Final Fantasy XV. thumbup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 23 January 2017 - 09:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I have a friend that LOVES Final Fantasy, and he's always trying to get me to play it. He probably already has it on Steam, but I'll have to check. I don't use Steam very much, but he had combined our libraries so I had access to all his games... well, depending on if my laptop can actually handle it.

I'm supposed to get Skyrim at some point, as well. It just greatly depends on when I can make a trip to Gamestop. I'm working two jobs now, so I have the money, just don't have the time. Oye...

Here's a video a friend of mine put out just the other day on his thoughts about RE7 and the RE franchise if you're interested. smile.gif

Also, anyone hear of this game? It's called Perception, from the developers of Bioshock and Dead Space.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 23 January 2017 - 11:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I really like the look of RE7 and might consider getting it. Just so damn expensive though! Even Perception looks incredible.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 February 2017 - 05:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Just finished playing Rambo The Videogame for like the 2nd time in a week. Since I'm a major fan of the movies, I decided to dust this one off and give it another go after two nearly three years when it was first released. I think this one is for the die hard fans only because the game has been completely chopped to pieces by the critics and also gamers. The game is set during the early events of Rambo III. Colonel Trautman has been captured by the Soviets in Afghanistan and for some reason Rambo had to be buried in order to get him out. During the funeral in which the first two chapters take place a by Rambo rescued soldier tells the story of the first two Rambo movies. You get to play several parts of the movies as a first person shooter. You even get to play a prologue where Rambo escapes the prison camp he was being held at during the Vietnam war along with Delmar Barry (the soldier he's about to visit in the first movie but has died after the war). What follows than is a prison break, a forrest hunt and the demolition of the town Hope. As in the first movie almost nobody died you can decide in the first chapter of the game to either disarm or to kill the cops. Disarming means a higher score, killing them means a less high score, even a loss of points. Despite you're given a choice it takes quite some skill to merely disarm enemies as at some points you would just kill them anyway.

This is one of many problems the game has actually. You gotta shoot an arm or a leg in order to do so but that doesn't always work out. Another problem is that this is a game they call a game on rails. In other words, whenever running is requiered the game takes over, all you got to do is duck for cover and shoot. If you killed all the enemies in one area, the game brings you to the next. So much for sightseeing. And I think that takes away some of the action. You just can't look around. Besides all the shooting, you can fight in some way when it's necessary which take a timed button press and this also goes for stealth tactics. You got the forrest hunt and a jungle confrontation to do that. Oddly enough the stealth tactics for Rambo III in the cave was replaced with a shoot-out. However at the fort you can choose between stealth or action strategy. For the record stealth doesn't necessarily mean the use of traps but requieres the bow and arrows.

The chapter I enjoyed the most is First Blood part II. I don't know why but it seemed like the best worked out part of the game. You have several missions with Co Bao in which she helps you out. She's involved, it's just a shame that you can't actually see her during the battles, only in the cutscenes. Just as with Delmar Barry but with Colonel Trautman they sort of missed the chance to flesh it more out. He's there but you can't see him and he's not exactly covering you either, even though he's there. I do think this is a missed opportunity because having the colonel fighting side by side with Rambo was one of the few charms of Rambo III. And now we're getting to Rambo III. Depending perhaps on which difficulty level you play, the chapters in Rambo III are very difficult. Even playing on the private difficult level (easy) it is challenging in completing the game especially the final showdown mission. Rambo and Trautman are facing the Russian army in the middle of the desert in the open. The ditch provides some cover but Soviets are swarming above in their trucks, jeeps and tanks. Each part has dozens of soldiers to kill but besides ducking and shooting you can't do much and pray you don't die. I can understand a certain difficulty level might be fun, but it shouldn't be impossible. Choose your weapons, skills and perks wisely and you might win the war. Best way to score high and with the right skills and perks is to fill up your wrath mode. A mode where Rambo goes berserk and you go into slowmotion to shoot the bad guys and maybe even be invincible for a short time. With the right set of skills and perks you can fill up your wrath mode than jam a reload so you have infinite wrath mode to go on a killing spree and get your points up. The slowmotion talking is hilarious.

Besides all that there is plenty to destroy: the police station, the jungle village, the desert fort, tanks, trucks, jeeps and helicopters. I only recommend this game only to die hard fans and to those who have a lot of patience (not me, I might add). I think you can have some fun with it but the game is not that great. I don't know why the makers set the bar that high for the players if they couldn't bring it home themselves to make the game better. Some of the achievements really border to the impossible, like getting a two or three star rating on the mission. You need to get your ranking up and have the right skills and perks. I can have fun with it, I hope you can if you ever get to play this game.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 7 February 2017 - 05:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Have you got a list of favorite games on previous consoles? Do you even remember that far back? There is no right or wrong answer here. Everybody had different favorites but the interesting part is of course how many of these titles we might share.

Let's make it easy. Starting with the PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4; Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One; PC; PS Vita; PSP

Obviously only comment on the platform you own/owned.

PS1
1. Tomb Raider
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
5. Metal Gear Solid

Notable ones
1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Resident Evil 1&3
3. Courier Crisis
4. Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Soul Blade

PS2
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Silent Hill 2
5. Metal Gear Solid 3

Notable ones
1. Soul Caliber II
2. Silent Hill 3
3. Kingdom Hearts

Xbox 360
1. Gears of War
2. Mass Effect
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. L.A. Noire
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Notable ones
1. Alien Isolation
2. Aliens Colonial Marines (Still love it)

Xbox One
1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Star Wars Battlefront
3. Fallout 4
Thats all i have! biggrin.gif

But im keeping my eye on
1. Resident Evil 7
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Red Dead 2

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 8 February 2017 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

A local site is running a special this week on The Evil Within on Xbox One for a mere $5. At that price, i folded and decided to buy one. Now just waiting to hopefully get it before the weekend.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 9 February 2017 - 06:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

You asked for it... XD

Playstation One
1. Resident Evil 2
2. Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles (my first PS1 game that started it all)
3. Spyro 1-3
4. Test Drive 6
5. Metal Gear Solid

Notable Mention
1. Silent Hill
2. Resident Evil 1 & 3

GameCube (this is actually what games I have)
1. Resident Evil Remake
2. Resident Evil Zero
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
5. Windwaker

Playstation 2
1. Jak & Daxter
2. Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
3. Silent Hill 3
4. Devil May Cry 1 - 3
5. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Notable Mention
1. Resident Evil Outbreak: Files 1 & 2
2. Haunting Ground
3. Resident Evil: Dead Aim
4. Jak 2 & 3

Xbox 360
1. Mass Effect 1- 3
2. Dragon Age Origins & Inquisition
3. Fallout 3
4. Bioshock
5. Red Dead Redemption

Notable Mention
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 1
2. The Darkness
3. Left 4 Dead 2
4. Gears of War
5. Fallout: New Vegas

Xbox One
1. Fallout 4
2. Gears of War 4
3. Tomb Raider
4. Plants vs Zombies 2
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

PSP
1. Silent Hill Origins
2. Silent Hill Shattered Memories
3. Infected
4. Corpse Party

PC
1. Sims 4
2. Myst
3. Riven
4. Rollercoaster Tycoon
5. Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine

Notable Mention
1. Fallout Shelter
2. Star Wars: KOTOR
3. SimCopter
4. SimCity
5. Mystery Case Files (My Dad LOVES these so I keep buying them for him)

Games I want
1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Left 4 Dead 3
4. Skyrim
5. Fallout 5 (either New Vegas 2 or Los Angeles - we're not sure what it is yet)

There are a ton of great titles that I didn't mention either, but I have a LOT! I've noticed that I seem to be addicted to games where I can build things. Seriously, all the Fallout 4 game play has been clean up and building mods. I just overhauled Sanctuary. Sadly, the mods make the game crash almost constantly. sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 February 2017 - 07:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Wow! Very impressive, Jedi! Completely forgot about Myst, Riven & Indiana Jones!

Going back a bit but Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Action Game & Graphic Adventure) as well as Fate of Atlantis.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 February 2017 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Here are mine.

PS1.
Tomb Raider (all PS1 games)
Resident Evil 2.
WWF Warzone.
Xena Warrior Princess.
Tekken 2&3.
Knock-Out Kings 2000.

Xbox.
Rocky. (I have the game but not the platform)

Xbox 360.
King Kong. (I have the game but not the platform)

PS3.
Alien Isolation.
Back To The Future (finished twice)
Heavy Rain
Lego Indiana Jones 1&2.
L.A. Noire
Rambo (finished more than once)
Red Dead Redemption.
Tomb Raider 2013.

And I'm sure there are others but I have yet to play them like Batman and Uncharted.

PC.
Most notably Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Infernal Machine and the Emperor's Tomb.
Aliens vs. Predator 2.
Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza.
Pink Panther Peril to Adventure.

I don't have them all stalled out so that's about what I can come up with for PC.

Sega Masters System II.
Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
Heavy Weight Championship.
Summer Games.
Ninja Gaiden.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 10 February 2017 - 04:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Great selection MacGyverGod!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 14 February 2017 - 08:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Scratch Skyrim off the "wanted" list. I now own it, and I LOVE it. It's like Fallout and Dragon Age had a love child. Now I am Dragonborn!!! Woohoo!!

I forgot I have original Xbox games too, but I forget what I have. I'm not at home, so I'll have to go by memory (which isn't the greatest).

Original Xbox
1. Bloodrayne 2
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Buffy: Chaos Bleeds
4. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
5. Star Wars: KOTOR 1 & 2

The PC game I have is actually Star Wars: The Old Republic, not KOTOR. I always get those two confused, for some odd reason. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hey, nice one, Jedi. So, you like Skyrim but you dont like Final Fantasy? wink.gif

I own the first Buffy on Xbox but dont have an Xbox to play it! sad.gif

Oh well...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll