Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

-Murdoc stabs the mountain brochure only once, yet we can see many stab marks under it

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverluver
Posted: 17 December 2006 - 03:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widomaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Also when Mike hits the ledge where she is knocked out, her arm is blocking her forhead, she should not have been knocked out.

An old climber's saying: "It's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop."
Old Minnesota wisdom: "If you don't want to be touched, look downright untouchable."
"I remember that age when it was cool to be bad, dumb age."

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 23 February 2007 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 November 2006 - 02:49 AM)
-Murdoc stabs the mountain brochure only once, yet we can see many stab marks under it

Something else I noticed when Murdoc is snooping around the houseboat. When we see the wooden mantle from a distance there is a gap between the picture with Jack and the one with Mike. And while the messages are playing the camera goes closer and the pictures are suddenly right next to each other.

I have always been a little puzzled by Murdoc’s swing on to the ledge where MacGyver and Nikki were. Its like a swing on to the ledge from out and its not a swing down to the ledge. Where’s he swinging in from? Anyway this made me look at that scene more closely. When Murdoc swings in the first time his hand changes position on the ropes depending on the camera angle. Initially its down by his leg on the rope below the harness and then its up above his head. And then when he slices at MacGyver his knife is in his left hand and then he hits Nikki and the knife is in his right hand. He’s still hanging on to the rope so it doesn’t look like he’d have enough time to switch the knife between hands.

When Murdoc comes in to slice at MacGyver, the jacket has a cut in it before Murdoc slices at it. I guess they couldn’t have a real sharp knife and had to cut the jacket first and I only noticed that by pausing before the slice so its not really noticeable on normal viewing. Maybe I’m being a bit too picky on that one!

Oh and another little thing - when Pete realises that Murdoc is alive he asks Helen to call the DSX instead of the DXS. I know this has been noted as a reoccurring nitpic in the F.A.Q page but thought I’m mention it here. wink.gif I missed this one the first few times I watched this episode even though I knew they slipped up on this a few times.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted: 23 February 2007 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity

A coupla things.

Every time we switch back to the Phoenix Foundation - the establishing shot - of the building... it's the SAME shot. Same cars going by, same clouds. Even though some time was supposed to have elapsed in between.

Also - when Nikki arrives at Pete's cabin, and she finds Mac on the dock, we hear all kindsa ducks quacking, and water sounds - but we never see a duck and the lake (?) is very still - no waves lapping the shore.

Another one... When Mac is finally able to turn his attention to pulling Nikki up after she falls over the ledge - when she is grabbing onto his wrists, you can hear him yell "Walk" at her - BEFORE he tells her to "Walk" herself up... We hear him say it - but it makes no sense at that time - at least it didn't to me - until he instructs her to do it a few minutes later.

Also - WHERE did Mac get the piece of black material (?) used to bandage his arm? Nikki's jacket and shirt are not black, neither are Mac's. A piece torn from his jeans? Its the only black item of clothing there, and they don't seem ripped in any way.

Anyway... this is one of my favorite eps. despite little glitches.
And - I'm still searching for Ellard's store - I WILL find it - if it ever really existed at all -

rolleyes.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 26 February 2007 - 11:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (Old Fan @ 24 February 2007 - 01:32 PM)
Also - when Nikki arrives at Pete's cabin, and she finds Mac on the dock, we hear all kindsa ducks quacking, and water sounds - but we never see a duck and the lake (?) is very still - no waves lapping the shore.

Hmmm dry.gif Maybe it's some idiot sitting in a blind blowing a duck call. smile.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lee Nole-Isil
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 05:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Anything with Murdoc

Out of curiosity, shouldn't there have been a slightly larger explosion when Murdoc's fuel tank goes ka-boom? I've seen the effect of gasoline and lighter fluid on flamable items and there's a nicely sized fireball usually involved.

"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
laarell4241
Posted: 2 March 2007 - 12:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:Golden Triangle
House:  Apartment

Depends on how much gas there was left in the tank. Murdoc was pretty liberal with the application in Pete's cabin and all.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyversCrush
Posted: 9 August 2007 - 12:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

QUOTE (MacGyverluver @ 18 December 2006 - 12:01 PM)
Also when Mike hits the ledge where she is knocked out, her arm is blocking her forhead, she should not have been knocked out.

I noticed that the first time I saw it. She had her hands up and could easily protect her head.

I think the black material was from the Mike's broken harness that broke and MacGyver pulled up.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 29 April 2009 - 11:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

When Pete discovers that Murdoc broke into MacGyver's houseboat he phones the Phoenix Foundation and instructs them to call the "DSX," actually meaning "DXS".

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 April 2009 - 02:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

It's not the only time that happens either.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 2 June 2009 - 05:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

When MacGyver is trying to pull Nikki up after being knocked down by Murdoc you can see a stunt man with a white rope above him.

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 June 2009 - 06:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Which scene is that?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 3 June 2009 - 03:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Beachbead @ 30 April 2009 - 07:09 AM)
When Pete discovers that Murdoc broke into MacGyver's houseboat he phones the Phoenix Foundation and instructs them to call the "DSX," actually meaning "DXS".

No it happens in several others for example: Black Corsage

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 3 June 2009 - 05:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 3 June 2009 - 02:49 PM)
Which scene is that?

you can find it hear it's at 1:28, but in this one you can not see the stuntman nor the white rope, when I saw it, i was watching the DVD on my laptop and can see it much clearer.

stuntman white rope

SMeeceymouse
Posted: 5 June 2009 - 08:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverluver @ 17 December 2006 - 07:26 PM)

If she hit the ledge with her arm, hard enough it could have caused her to black out. Just like pain can make you nauseated, and vomit. My husband dislocated his hip, and the pain from the dislocation caused him to pass out.

clip.JPG

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 5 June 2009 - 03:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I don't think she hit the wall hard enough to do any damage, not enough to cause so much pain that she would black out anyway.

This is just a case of bad stunt work or acting I think.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted: 6 June 2009 - 06:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

She probably didn't, but the writers I guess wanted the audience to believe that she hit hard enough to knock herself out. You know how the writing was back in the 80's w00t.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 June 2009 - 03:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

yeah i realize that, it's just really obvious that she put her arm up in front of her head... hence it's a nit pick. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted: 7 June 2009 - 07:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Well, if I had that wall coming towards me styrofoam or not I would've put my arm in front of my head too.

PM                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 21 February 2011 - 09:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

any one else notice for a guy who through out the series has professed an extreme adversion to heights that mountain climbing for recreation seems like a very unlikely choice.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 25 February 2011 - 10:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

in the beginning when murdoc is listening to macs awnsering machine he says "he'll only miss once" but he has already missed killing mac an pete 4x/ even though it was the same episode "PARTNERS" he missed killing them in the semi truck in present day and during the flashback to pete and macs meeting he missed them with the bazooka in the cab, with the bomb in jacks apt,and in the hospital while dressed as a nurse.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 5 May 2011 - 11:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week

I agree that Mac with Mac being so afraid of heights, he has no problem with rock climbing and jumping out of planes.

Just something I noticed when watching the episode again today. When Murdoc is using his flamething to burn the letters in the wall, it looks like the letters are quite big. I saw what looked to be a rather large 'M', yet when we see it again - when Pete comes to the house, the writing is very small and appears to be written just above the mantel.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverisms
Posted: 9 February 2013 - 04:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Heist
Jacket:  Black leather

I just watched The Widowmaker earlier today. And I noticed in several shots of after Mike falls and there's a shot of the side of the mountain. The geography of the close ups looks nothing like the shots of the overhead shots. And right behind RDA in that side of the mountain shot there is a small forest behind RDA, and that doesn't don't match up with the close up shots. hmm.bmp

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
kristiina86halonen
Posted: 18 February 2014 - 03:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Humanity

What I don't understand, is that everything is happened in short time, so how did Murdoc have time to set up all these mines.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll