Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Harry Jackson
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
user posted image [ 8 ]  [18.18%]
user posted image [ 34 ]  [77.27%]
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Harry1982
Posted on 9 August 2014 - 02:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I love Harry Jackson a lot and John Anderson is a wonderful actor. Even though my own grandpa wasn't exactly like Harry (seems more like my dad), he reminds me of the time we spent together, fishing and all. It's easy to identify to MacGyver as he spends time with his grandpa Harry, it evokes a lot of memories. I absolutely love how he calls Mac as "Bud", because my own grandpa also used to call me with a nickname.

Target MacGyver, Phoenix Under Siege and Passages belong to the best of episodes on my list.

I'm a big fan of 1960 Psycho also and I love this scene between John Anderson and Janet Leigh

user posted image

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cmbj67
Posted on 9 August 2014 - 10:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only

I like Harry, even if I don't know exactly why. unsure.gif He seems a grouch, but he's a good heart and loves Mac. I like episodes with him.

What a coincidence: RDA's real grandpa's name was John Anderson, but he wasn't this John Anderson. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted on 20 August 2014 - 04:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Blow Out

I like him too. He reminds me of my grandfather.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fly_airdalton
Posted on 10 September 2014 - 07:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: w/ the lighter

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Phoenix Under Siege
Vehicle: Nomad
House:  Loft

A really loveable character. Too bad "passages" was his final episode.

"It's funny how, when you want time to move along, it never does. But when you're running out of time, it disappears much too soon."-MacGyver (Phoenix Under Siege)

"It's a shooting gallery MacGyver, and we have no guns!"-Murdoc (Halloween Knights)

"We'll never be able to out run it".-Dr.Ludlum
"Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"-MacGyver(The Human Factor)

Last.fm

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DropjawBertone
Posted on 5 January 2015 - 02:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

John Anderson stood just over 6'5". Richard Dean Anderson is just under 6'2". Yet in all the MacGyver episodes that John appears in as Harry, it seems that Richard is always at least as tall and sometimes taller than John. This has always puzzled me for years. Anyone else notice this?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 5 January 2015 - 04:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

According to IMDB he was 6'2", same height as RDA.

People tend to shrink with age too, due to change in posture so that may have attributed to the appearance of height difference in some scenes.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 5 January 2015 - 05:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

This is true. I'm actually the tallest of my family (5'10"), though my Dad was shorter then me by an inch. He's now 75 years old, and I tower over the poor man.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 6 April 2019 - 04:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

In a discussion on KateR's forum somebody says MacGyver build a wall around himself due to the early passing of his father and the upbringing of Harry. Then that same person also says that Harry didn't seem nice all the way.

Saying that Harry wasn't nice all the way, is something I don't agree with. We all love the old grouch but it makes me wonder, do you think Harry was nice? Can you describe him as nice?

Yes, he did just leave for years without telling anyone and may have been grumpy but in the way how Mac talks about him, I just can't see Harry not being nice. He taught him everything he knew but I think he and Mac are the same. They don't like to talk about their emotions, because they're hurting over the losses of their loved ones. To be honest, do you think Harry ever got over Celia's death?

Just curious here but hearing someone say that Harry wasn't nice, don't really fit the idea I have of Harry.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll