Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Been playing Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 on PC the past week with some friends. We kinda get tired of it after a while, then after about a year, we go back and play a ton of it. lol One of my friend added a "realism" mod to it, but the enemies tend to spawn and attack all at once. It's INSANE!

Anyway, my friend took this screenshot and showed it to me, while laughing. I'll post a link below. I do wish I could stream our gameplay, but I don't have the proper equipment. We lose 9 times out of 10. lol

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file.../?id=1598816606

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 December 2018 - 06:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I just finished Leon's storyline in RE2. It was a fun game, rather short. Finished it in exactly 5 hours and 25 minutes. I was ranked D though. But don't care, I finished it, that's what matters, I will start on Claire's storyline soon.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 27 December 2018 - 10:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Oh, you're talking to the gal who played the game on "Arrange" mode, which is the VERY easy version of the game. I don't care about rank. XD

Also, don't forget that you're not even close to finishing the game. Yes, they're short, but each character has two scenarios. You just finished Leon A, so I'm guessing you're about to play Claire B. This is the alternate version of the story. The true canon story is the Claire A and Leon B scenarios.

The canon ending is what sets up later character arcs for RE4 and RE6.

Teeheehee biggrin.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 December 2018 - 04:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

So I have to finish Claire B to get to Leon B and finish Leon B to get Leon A?

I heard to get other survivors you have to play and finish the game multiple times and within a certain amount of time. But I'll see. I finish this game first.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 December 2018 - 07:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm not 100% sure, as it's been a LONG time, but I believe it goes in order.

You're playing the alternate story right now, so that will be Leon A, Claire B. After Claire B, Claire A should unlock and Leon B will unlock after that.

Leon A/Claire B: Alternate
Claire A/Leon B: Canon

It should be played in that order. The B scenarios just add to the A scenarios... if that makes sense. It's like a continuation.

There are minigames, but those are unlocked after certain circumstances.

4th Survivor - Is a minigame involving HUNK, a mercenary. It can only be unlocked if you get an A rank in all scenarios
Extreme Battle - Kind of a timed gauntlet for certain characters. Can be unlocked if you play the scenarios on Normal. There is a time requirement, but I don't know what it is.
Tofu Survivor - A gag minigame where you run around as a stick of tofu with a knife. I'm not even sure how you get that one. I believe it's convoluted. lol

That should be about it. I never really bothered with them actually. I believe the only minigames I liked for an Resident Evil game was Mercenaries and Seperate Ways for Resident Evil 4. Separate Ways just tells the story of Ada Wong and Mercenaries is fun because you can unlock Wesker. biggrin.gif Playing as Wesker is a hoot. He was such a great bad buy too... very ominous.... until they made him a punk in RE5. :/ lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 28 December 2018 - 07:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Reading this makes me glad I stuck to E and E10 games... Because they're much less confusing XD

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 December 2018 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Good. I think I'll just stick to the four main storylines then. Sometimes, I think, I'm totally stuck and have to start over. Like with Claire just now. I was in "danger" health and out of ammo and had to deal with a boss until I found out those rounds she found goes with the grenade launcher and I found health outside the main entrance. So I killed the boss in that little green room and then I found Leon injured. So now I'm in the sewers. I died more already then I did with Leon I think but it's going pretty well now.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 December 2018 - 09:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Dragondog - Yeah, it can seem a bit confusing, but it's really not. I just get a bit carried away because it was one of the first fandoms I was heavily into. My sister and I were total dorks about it. lol

@MacGod - Ahh, so you just defeated your first round with Birkin! The creepy dude with the big eyeball on his shoulder?

Don't you love the voice acting? XD

I remember there used to be a gamer rite of passage that you had to defeat Nemesis from RE3 using only a combat knife. I was like... yeah, I'm not going that. XD Nemesis scared the crap out of me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 December 2018 - 01:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah. It's great. Can't believe I'm listening to Nikolaï Rostov while playing the game.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jen85
Posted: 30 December 2018 - 03:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Partners
Jacket:  Leather Biker

This is all making me want to dust off my old Playstation and play Resi 2 again! Got Uncharted: Lost legacy for christmas and in the middle of playing that at the mo. Good so far, will give a full verdict when I've finished happy.gif

MacGyver: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
MacGyver: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 December 2018 - 03:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm at the final boss now. I'm in full health but don't have any herbs or anything else with me and I can't go back up from my last save. I hope I can finish the game like this. I know I have to avoid the boss until the rocket launcher comes along but with every jump he takes he succeeds in hitting me. I hope I can finish the game, I don't want to be beat now.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 December 2018 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

When you're done with RE2, you gonna play any of the other RE games?

I found RE: Code Veronica X to be the most difficult game. That game had me SO stuck at one point I gave up. I had it on the PS2 and got a cheat disk called Code Breaker. I'm not ashamed of this... XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 31 December 2018 - 06:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

There are plenty of games I'd have never beaten without cheats, and I do not regret a moment of that smile.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 January 2019 - 04:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I currently only own RE2 on PS1. Maybe I'll buy other RE's in the future if I ever get a PS4 which are great discounts now but I have unfinished business with PS3 first. I wanna play those games and complete some franchises first before moving on.

I did play some last night when I came home and managed to finish the game with Claire. The trick I figured out was when you confront the last boss was to run past him on his right and then run around in circles directly behind him until the rocket launcher is given. You chase him instead of him chasing you. The rest was easy.

Now I'm back on Leon's next scenario. I have to reach the police station without picking stuff up to get to Birkin or what's his name?

I'll only cheat if the game beats me in some way or I have no other option of finishing. Old games at least, new games I only use walkthroughs.

After this, I'll probably start on the Batman games: Arkham Asylum, City and Origins.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 January 2019 - 03:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Is the only alternate thing about Leon's second game, the key to open the locker for alternate outfits? I heard Claire has a cowgirls outfit. But is that it?

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 January 2019 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I don't remember there being a Cowgirl outfit for Claire. Just a leather biker outfit. Also, his name is Brad "chicken heart" Vickers. Because he was the guy that ditched the Bravo Team in the first game. How he becomes infected and dies is actually told in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. That timeline takes place before, during and after the events of RE2.

There are actually more differences. The alternate scenarios have different boss fights, but also change some of the events.

For instance, after playing Claire A, you probably noticed that Sherry got infected. This is important. Sherry wasn't infected in Claire B. Even though she is given a vaccine, this becomes a plot point in a later game.

Also Ada's "death" scene is different in Leon B than Leon A. This is also important seeing as Ada survives the events of RE2. She couldn't have survived her "death" in Leon A, and she shows up in later games.

Also, after finishing RE3, it gives epilogues on all the characters thus far. I'll save you the time and link you to them.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Epilogue_Files

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 January 2019 - 08:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Strange. I don't get it. I just finished Leon's story again (in less then four hours this time) but it was Leon A again with exception that I had found the key for alternate outfits but that's it. And now I get to play Claire B again. I Always thought A & B were just references to one persons storyline. Leon is A, Claire is B and that's it.

Do you think overwriting the same file might have something to do with it? If Claire B doesn't turn into Claire A after this time around, I'm going to leave it for what it is. Then I have finished the game four times, twice Leon A and twice Claire B and that's more then I bargained for actually.

Edit: Wait, I got it. I had to start new game on Claire. Now I have Leon's beginning playing with Claire. So I assume when finishing this Leon B will be activated.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 January 2019 - 06:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

How do you get the crank in Leon B? I don't have the rocket launcher or anything, is there any other way to blow out that door to Iron's office?

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 5 January 2019 - 10:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Claire clears it. She'll call you via the radio and tell you she cleared the wreckage. This should happen after you run into Ada at the Septic Pool. You'll play briefly as Ada, and when she can't get back to Leon, she'll run off. That will be when Leon gets the radio call.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 January 2019 - 03:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah, I finished it by now. I'm done with zombies now.

But sometimes there were these moments that I got lost and started to run around for no reason or totally forgot what I was doing and then I had to get re-oriented. I think I also quit last time after I received the call and saved the game, so... anyway, I finished it and now I'm done with zombies and gaming for a while.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 5 January 2019 - 04:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Wow... XD You did all those rather fast! Impressive. Took me like a week just to finish one of those. Then again, I'm not really a good gamer. I'm just a casual one. I just played that one a lot because I loved it so much.

Interestingly, I'm not a fan of zombies either. I dunno why that franchise appealed to me, but I sure did love those games.

Have you played Silent Hill at all? That franchise is hella spooky. Silent Hill 3 is the best one, but I can't play a lot of those. They depress me, for some odd reason.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 January 2019 - 04:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Got a lot of time on my hands right now. I finished them in two days. Except with the first two, took me a bit longer. I don't have Silent Hill though, I'll look out for it. I do intend on getting Dead Space if I can still find them. That's the only franchise I want back on PS3.

Sometimes mood is all you need. I really liked the music in the basement. There were lots of moments that reminded me of MacGyver like the attic reminded me of the clock tower in Lesson in Evil and the music during the boss fight on the way down to the labs reminded me of Trail To Doomsday.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jen85
Posted: 9 January 2019 - 02:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

OK, so I finished Uncharted the lost legacy and it was good, short but good (just over 7 and a half hours). Loved that they gave Chloe a game to herself, she was my fave character in Uncharted 2, with a bit more of her backstory. The game dynamics are the same as Uncharted 4 so I didn't have to re-learn anything new. Overall a good diversion from the main series but the original 3 games are still the most playable happy.gif I actually haven't re-played Uncharted 4 since completing it 2 years ago!
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got Mass Effect to finish tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 11 January 2019 - 07:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Jen85 - Mass Effect is awesome! You're playing the first game, I take it???

Also, a friend of mine just finished playing the Resident Evil 2 remake demo. I was talking to him via YouTube chat. Looks pretty good though!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jen85
Posted: 12 January 2019 - 05:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

Yep, got the trilogy on disc and restarting again. My old PS3 packed up majorly and lost everything so I've had to start over. Still, I won't be making the same mistakes as I did last time!

The new Resi 2 remake looks good, looking forward to playing that and it's had fairly good reviews so far.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 January 2019 - 05:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is what I call chilling music.

Could've well fitted in the sewer scenes in Trail To Doomsday.

This is what I meant on how it sounded like the fight scene in Trail To Doomsday.

Also this one is bone chilling. It's ominous, foreboding, dreadful, creepy. You're wandering alone in a dark city where something terrible has happened and everyone is either dead or gone. Danger is hiding around the corner.

This is actually why I like dark stuff so much.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 13 January 2019 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Oh yeah, Resident Evil 2 was spot on for music and audio for back then. I can hear the similarities between the RE2 soundtrack and Trail to Doomsday... of course, it was the 90's. lol Back then, games, TV, movies and music weren't so... generic.

This is still one of my favorite tracks... I forget how you get into this room though.

However, Resident Evil Outbreak has the BEST musical intro of any of the games. Not sure if they ever ported it to the PS3/4 though. I have my PS2 copies.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Adam
Posted: 15 January 2019 - 06:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

What about game tables? biggrin.gif Are there any air hockey fans here? I am looking for any air hockey table for sale because my kids are begging for one for a year and a half. I told them to wait a year to see if it is just a wish made at the moment, but they really want one! biggrin.gif
Do you think I should go with the used one or with brand new?
My sons are 11 and 13 so I will definitely go with the big air hockey table and not those small tabletops you can put in your backpack. But the only question I have is: Go with a used or new model?

MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 January 2019 - 09:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The self-destruct sequence has been activated. Repeat, the self-destruct sequence has been activated. This sequence may not be aborted. All employees proceed to the emergency car at the bottom platform. Repeat! All employers proceed to the emergency car at the bottom platform platform.

Actually this might have well fitted in Kill Zone.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 18 January 2019 - 09:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

lol! Resident Evil 2 got ya hooked, didn't it? XD That was actually the game that got me hooked into the franchise as well. You really should play Resident Evil 3. There's this kinda sad feeling going back to the RPD building, even though it's prior to the events of RE2, but everything is blocked off. Since RE3 ends after the events of RE2 up to the bombing of Raccoon City, there's this kinda... remorseful feeling watching the city get blown up.

Also, you get to go back to the RPD building and underground labs in Resident Evil Outbreak File 2. That series has a lot of good lore, if you're into that sort of thing. And it's so much better than Operations Raccoon City... which was a horrible game.

I'm so excited for the RE2 remake next Friday though! I'm like... counting down the days. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll