Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Variety have just posted this on their 'Pilot Buzz' page talking about what's hot and what's not in the new pilots for each channels upcoming season.

CBS

Already Ordered: Kevin James comedy

Top of the Crop: “Bull,” “I’m Not Your Friend”

Hot: “Training Day,” “Bunker Hill,” “The Great Indoors”

In The Mix: “Drew,” “Doubt,” “MacGyver,” “Four Stars,” “My Time/Your Time,” “What Goes Around Comes Around”

Cooling Down: “Furst Born,” “Superior Donuts,” “The Kicker”

<snip>

Lots of projects are also floating around on the drama side from “Training Day” to “Bunker Hill,” which are both major favorites, to “Drew,” “Doubt” and “MacGyver,” all of which have a lesser shot than the former two.

CBS have a number of other pilots available to them and it would seem that MacGyver is by no means a sure thing at this stage. It's going to have to prove itself to get picked up for a series.

I hope we at least get to see the pilot episode aired so we can at least get a feel of what was planned.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 May 2016 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Yup. This is why i said, let's wait for that pilot. Everyone's getting their hopes up high but what if they get those hopes crushed?
My logic. See the pilot. If its good, get excited. If not, move on.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RDoyletv
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 04:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

All that said,

I have faith in the production team behind this pilot. 80hr weeks are extremely tough.
They've done the hard work. Let's hope that it translates onto screen.

There seems to be a lot of people hoping that this will fall flat on it's face. Mainly because they can't see past RDA in the role. They forget that the man is practically retired...they don't realise that all this negativity isn't conducive in helping to get this show off the ground.

All that this negativity will achieve, will only go towards tarnishing the credibility of this pilot, before it even airs.

CBS may even decide to drop this based upon all the negative reactions on social media etc. And a lot is unjustified.

And if that is the case. Regardless as to whether this was a good script, with a great cast and a hard working crew - it all will have been for nothing.

And that my friends, will be very disappointing for everybody.

Nobody wins !

Macgyver12186
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 08:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

If this show doesn't get off the ground I will believe Macgyver has s curse. I mean come on how many times has it been and how many failures....

I do hope the show gets ordered as I think it could be really cool.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RDoyletv
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 08:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

On that,

MacGyver has only ever really been made once.

Ok, "Young MacGyver" for Warner Bros was piloted, but never went to air, technical it doesn't count.

As for the many times MacGyver has been muted, of having a Movie spin-off. I've listen to many interviews with Lee Zlotoff and have tried to read between the lines - I reckon he pulled the plug each time, perhaps due to creative difference with the direction the movie would go in. It was leaked far too early to the media, but the reaction only highlights that there is an appetite for such a revival.

For example, perhaps maybe New Line wanted to do a 21 Jump Street movie version of MacGyver, making the movie more comedy than your James Bond/Mission Impossible style movie triller. Once MacGruber was made, they put that to bed.

On that, I refused to go and see MacGruber in the cinema - I wouldn't waste my money. But I watched it recently and only watched the first 5 mins (if that), and switch off. It was crap!

In someways I am glad MacGruber was made, because I would have hated to go and see a movie parody entitled MacGyver.

So perhaps this new MacGyver movie by Loingate will be a cross between Jason Bourne and Mission Impossible feel about it, than the latter.

But I'm with you Macgyver12186, I really hope that the show gets ordered as I think it could be really cool too.

Let's hope MacGyver isn't cursed like Superman.

MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 09:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

You know sometimes, you can have a good script but it doesn't translate well to the screen despite the 80 hours a week. Despite everyone's good intentions. I think that's how most movies can turn out bad. A good script doesn't mean a good movie.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 09:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

well I don't want this picked up for a full series if it isn't really good. Only a little bit good is not enough.

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 10 May 2016 - 11:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (denizen @ 9 May 2016 - 11:28 PM)
Yup. This is why i said, let's wait for that pilot. Everyone's getting their hopes up high but what if they get those hopes crushed?
My logic. See the pilot. If its good, get excited. If not, move on.

This is pretty much where I'm at with the reboot... though, a part of me would like the reboot to be a hit, just because that way MacGyver doesn't fade out of existence.

RDA is my generations MacGyver... as he always will be. However, the show does need to updated to be relevant to today's generation. That's the reality of things. Better to rebooted and live on, than to be left as is and forgotten. At least they're trying to bring MacGyver back.

Edit: Grammar correction... heeheehee

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 11 May 2016 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I am not going to panic Until CBS announced their fall scheduale and Macgyver isn't there. Like I said they have enough talent behind and in front that CBS should be comfortable releasing this. Yeah there is controversy replacing RDA but again this should scare CBS because well they are going into uncharted waters here this is basically like when the producers had to recast Bond after Connery (the first time)... Like I said Lucas till could be the next Roger Moore or he could be the next George Lazenby we won't know till we see the show. Personally I think the show will be picked up as every other network is doing a huge spy show (fox has 24, abc has taken etc) so yeah it's a huge pressure on everyone but I think it will work out for the best.

Though I am still looking forward to how odd and wonderful it will be when watching football at my father in laws house to see " best new show Macgyver" when CBS runs their we are so great ad...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RDoyletv
Posted: 12 May 2016 - 12:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I've heard a rumour that next Wednesday 18th May, is when CBS are planning to announce their New Fall line-up clapping.gif

Perhaps someone else can confirm this?

Macgyver12186
Posted: 12 May 2016 - 04:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I am hoping and praying that Macgyver is picked up plus I am also hoping and praying most of us like the new show and we can discuss the shows weekly.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RDoyletv
Posted: 12 May 2016 - 05:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I second that !

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll