Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

user posted image

20 - The Escape

Airdate: 16 April 1986
Writers: Fred McKnight & Stephen Kandel
Director: Don Chaffey
Guest Cast: Kristina Wayborn as Sara Ashford, Paul Verdier as Francois, John De Lancie as Brian Ashford, Miguel Fernandes as Khan, Vic Polizos as the Commandant.

MacGyver’s elaborate plot to spring a missionary from a North African jail works perfectly… until MacGyver discovers that nothing is as it seems.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 10:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Votes from 12th October 2006

Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 1 ] [7.14%]
OK [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Good [ 3 ] [21.43%]
Excellent [ 10 ] [71.43%]
Total Votes: 14

Archived comments

QUOTE (MrMacFixIt Jan 3 2005 @ 07:26 AM)
I liked this episode. Gritty. The woman, eauwwww, wench. It had John De Lancie in it too. BONUS. I think it's cool Rick and John worked together on three different series. 

QUOTE (sonyab Jan 3 2005 @ 08:55 AM )
Love this episode! I voted excellent.. Mac loves to help people so much and that woman used him for that. John delance and Rick have great chemistry. They work very well together. Mac found this lady attractive..  *sonya smacks that lady who used Mac!!!* 

QUOTE (rockatteer Jan 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM )
I liked Macs double take when he first sees the women. 

QUOTE (Vina Jan 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM )
And how about that conjugal visit? He sure was skipping around the yard the next day! 

*smacks self* Bad Vina! 

QUOTE (MacGyver Jan 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM )
I thought this was yet another good MacGyver episode. It had some interesting twists and the PCP explosives was cool too. It was also neat seeing John De Lancie in the episode, (being a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, I know him best for his role as "Q" on the show and it's neat seeing him in another role)
I knew John also starred on Legend with Richard Dean Anderson, but what other show did he work with him on?

QUOTE (MrMacFixIt Jan 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM )
QUOTE (MacGyver @ Jan 3 2005, 02:04 PM)
I knew John also starred on Legend with Richard Dean Anderson, but what other show did he work with him on?

Col. Frank Simmons. Stargate SG-1.

QUOTE (Macsrose Jan 3 2005 @ 06:59 PM )
I loved this episode. I love John De Lancie, I'm in agreement with MrMac...
LOL Vina he sure was! 

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Jan 4 2005 @ 12:33 AM )
One word. Boring, terrible, bad episode. Didn't like this episode one bit except for that fight. 

I really didn't like this episode. Thief of Budapest, To be a Man, Ugly Duckling and The Escape are the worst episodes of this season. 4 out of 22 episodes. The other 18 are alright. 

QUOTE (MacGyver Jan 4 2005 @ 05:06 AM)

Thief of Budapest, To be a Man, Ugly Duckling and The Escape

What's wrong with them? Not enough action for you?

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Jan 4 2005 @ 07:08 AM )
Sort of. They just didn't please me. I don't know why. It just is.

QUOTE (Alex-Wylie Jan 5 2005 @ 04:39 PM )
In my opinion this was a great  episode. I liked when Mac said" Let me tell you something comrade I've never hit a woman before, but you came darn close." He tells her how he feels, shows that he is hurt, but doesn't lose his temper. Unfortunately that isn't normal everywhere. I was 13 when I saw it the first time and it really impressed me a lot.

Also I really like 'Thief of Budapest', 'To be a man', and 'Ugly Duckling'. Actually they belong to my 7 favorite episodes.  I guess that's no surprise.  But tastes are different and that's a good thing. If we would be all the same it would be truely boring.

Alex-Wylie 

QUOTE (MrMacFixIt Jan 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM )

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Jan 4 2005, 06:58 AM)
They just didn't please me. I don't know why. It just is.

*Ominous thunder strike* MacGyverGod has spoken! *Clap of thunder*

QUOTE (Lothithil Sep 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM)
I loved this one, too! I adore John DeLancie! I wanted Francois to go with Mac when he escaped. I think that Mac should go back and spring him, too! 

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 26 November 2007 - 09:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

I really like this episode. I love the way MacGyver tricked the guards into thinking he had a full on attack planned.

John de Lancie was great as always. You can see the chemistry between him and RDA. They just fed off of each other so naturally. JDL always has a air of mischief about him, even when he's trying not to laugh.gif

I wouldn't actually say JDL is a particularly good actor, but he is always fun to watch. And watching him act beside his friend RDA is even more fun.

Anyway this episode gets an excellent from me. It's one of the best for season 1 in my opinion.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 26 November 2007 - 10:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

I really liked this episode too. It is probably one of the best of Season 1. MacGyver's tricking the guards into believing he's launching a full on arial assault is just hilarious. The whole time I'm thinking "are these guys (guards) really that dumb?" Yes, they are.

Also Mac's fight scene where he jumps on the bench and knocks that big dude flat is pretty cool.

The writing in this episode is tight, well paced and fast moving. When RDA and JDL were interacting in the cell, it seemed almost like they were improvising the scene rather than delivering pre-conceived dialogue. They were very natural with each other and the scene didn't feel so much like two actors but two guys jsut hanging out.

I really like this episode and watch it frequently when I reach for Season 1. The only weak spot in the show is the actress playing the Russian agent. She isn't as bad as Ingrid from the Enemy Within, but she seems really insignificant compared to the other characters and the roles they play. Too bad too, she had such a central role in the setup of breaking JDL out of prison. I still like the episode, even though it featured another bubble headed blonde fluff instead of a strong actress with some real power behind her.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 27 November 2007 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Observatory

It's been a while since I've seen "The Escape". It's a fun episode with some good twists in the storyline. And MacGyver escaping from any confinement is always cool- like the way he gets out of the prison. And John de Lancie is fun to see in the episode too.
Oh yes- and I thought it was great to see MacGyver playing soccer with the kids at the start of the episode. I love how MacGyver takes time for kids to do things with them. And was it a Catholic orphanage he was working with, I think? I like that MacGyver's always willing to volunteer his time for worthy causes and organizations- ranging from Christian churches and such or environmental causes or the Challengers Club. He's always ready to help! smile.gif MacG.gif

PM                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted on 28 November 2007 - 09:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I gave this one an excellent, as it's nice to see the human factor of Mac here. He made a mistake. It happens.

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 1 December 2007 - 07:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

The scene where Khan? first sees MacGyver in the prison he comments about there being 3 kinds of Americans who come to that prison..

How did Khan know Mac was American?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 2 December 2007 - 03:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 1 December 2007 - 11:56 PM)
How did Khan know Mac was American?

Maybe how he was dressed...?

I can't remember if he had spoken at the time.

Looks like I'm in a minority here (I voted okay) I don't know why I didn't like the episode that much. I always like to see John de Lancie. He and RDA really work well together, proven by Legend, Stargate...

Chalk it up to that I didn't find the episode particularly exciting. *shrug*

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 December 2007 - 05:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

yeah it's not the most action packed episode, thats for sure. It has a lot of "story telling" (people standing around talking), but it does have some great MacGyverisms...

I think in a way it's one of the more iconic MacGyver episodes, although it may have a little too many coincidences in the plot, but MacGyver escaping from prison.. what more do you need? biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted on 2 January 2008 - 03:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

I'll start at the beginning: Don't know whether that counts as nitpick, but in the opening scene, one of the boys does wear a blue and a red sock at his feet smile.gif

I also had to admire Mac's ability of being able to fold himself up almost to a complete circle (when he was overrun by the kid). I like such little stunts! It looks funny and sporty (elastically) at the same time.

And then I have to admit I just did not quite get what exactly happened at the beginning. At first, when Sarah (or whatever her name might be) appeared, I had for a split second the feeling that Mac already knew her and just was surprised to see her again. As it turned out, that was not the case.

But why did she arrive together with the surprise he had ordered? How did she know? I thought she belonged to the whole thing! And the sister also seemed to know her pretty well. So she must have spent a lot of time at the orphanage, to get her trust, on the whim chance that Mac might turn up one day and she could ask him for help. Isn't that a bit farfetched?

I was under the impression that he never knows when he will turn up at all, due to his work commitments.

And then she spins her tale and he believes her. I thought it would have been great if he could have relied onto the help of Pete and the ressources, there. Just an ordinary check of the woman and they would have known if she is who she claims she is or not.

I mean, Mac can't run around and just help everybody that asks him to? He might end up helping somebody really nasty? Shouldn't he do his homework before that happens?

But helping he did, and here comes the next thing I wondered about: How did she know for which signal she had to wait? Could he know beforehand that he was able to make a hot air balloon? Or did he get this idea when he already was locked up (and seeing the ball)? Was the balloon alone the message, or was there a paper attached to it yet? And what was the message? That he had arrived savely in the right prison? Were there others he could have brought to, too? Imagine him ending up in the wrong prison smile.gif

Oh, and when we already are bashing the blonde lady - I worried all the time she would break in two in her middle laugh.gif She really had a very thin waist.

And what exactly happened to her in the end? After the weapons were blown up? Did she return to serve for her country? Or did she become one more of the numerous people that Mac brought to America?

Sorry for sounding so critically, I did enjoy watching the episode. Those are just a few questions that I had while doing so. And I wanted to throw them out and see if anybody could come up with some answers.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 January 2008 - 05:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

But why did she arrive together with the surprise he had ordered? How did she know? I thought she belonged to the whole thing! And the sister also seemed to know her pretty well. So she must have spent a lot of time at the orphanage, to get her trust, on the whim chance that Mac might turn up one day and she could ask him for help. Isn't that a bit farfetched?

I was under the impression that he never knows when he will turn up at all, due to his work commitments.

And then she spins her tale and he believes her. I thought it would have been great if he could have relied onto the help of Pete and the ressources, there. Just an ordinary check of the woman and they would have known if she is who she claims she is or not.

The mother superior knew the women and it was she who asked MacGyver to help her.

I would have to watch this again, but I think the mother superior would probably have known about the womens "brother" for a while and also knew that MacGyver was coming by and suggested to the women that he might be able to help her. This would explain why she turned up at while he was there and would certainly be in line with the church's main role in such places of helping people. Also there was mention of MacGyver fixing the church organ, this too indicates that he had probably been there for a while.

I assumed his look of surprise was suppose to be about her being attractive. Thats certainly what it looked like to me anyway.

Hopefully theres an answer in there somewhere laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc12
Posted on 11 March 2009 - 11:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I really liked this one. Voted excellent. It had very good MacGyverisms.

"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 22 April 2009 - 12:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I voted good on this one it was a gritty episode.

SMeeceymouse
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 11:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I've loved JDL ever since he was on Days of Our Lives. In fact I think he could have carried of the Jack Dalton character if Bruce McGill wasn't available. My one question is. If Sarah was a Russian spy, how come she spoke with such a nice American accent? I loved the fact that they gave the money to the Catholic charity to help the children. smile.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 02:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (SMeeceymouse @ 1 May 2009 - 07:17 AM)
If Sarah was a Russian spy, how come she spoke with such a nice American accent? 

Same reasons all aliens speak fluent English. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 02:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks Rocky I needed that laugh. Makes you wonder how all the aliens learned fluent English to begin with. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 02:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I guess it just goes to prove that they have indeed been watching (maybe living among us) us for a long time.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 02:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

That is a very scary thought. Very scary indeed. Explains alot though doesn't it? unsure.gif

PM                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 14 August 2012 - 05:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Jacket:  Black leather

There are lots of "likes" and "dislikes" in this episode for me.

It's always heartwarming to see Mac interact with kids. I'll never get enough of that. smile.gif

I laughed out loud when I saw Mac's double take as he first met Sara. I was wondering whether he really thought she was that stunningly beautiful or if he was worried she'd actually break in the middle if he touched her... her waist did indeed look unnaturally thin! tongue.gif
But that, however was not the reason I didn't like her... because there was something about her, even after she was helping Mac out in the end, that I just couldn't stand. One of the less likable female characters, in my opinion.

That said--some of you have already discussed the fact that she has no Russian (or foreign) accent, and that it's more than a bit implausible. Well, I was surprised to find that the actress, Kristina Wayborn, was born in 1950, in Sweden! She changed her name from Britt-Inger Johansson, which was her birth name. (In 1970, she was the winner of the Miss Sweden contest, and my guess is that her acting career got a boost after that). There are very few--if any traces left of her Swedish accent. So... some people are just good at learning languages!

Anyway--I *LOVE* the MacGyverism with the ceiling fan and the spatula! It was hysterically funny, practical *and* ingenious.

Watching RDA and John de Lancie together was a pure delight. I didn't know it when I watched this episode for the first time, but later, I heard they're good friends, and it totally makes sense. I just love de Lancie as an actor--his "Q" character in Star Trek was definitely my favorite villain--if you can even call him that. wink.gif

Had it not been for the Sara romance and those unnecessary kissing scenes (I'm not talking about the husband-and-wife trick; had she not been using him it would have made sense to make up such a story to trick the guards) this episode would have been an "Excellent" for me. Now, it's just a "Good."

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 15 August 2012 - 07:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

I laughed out loud when I saw Mac's double take as he first met Sara. I was wondering whether he really thought she was that stunningly beautiful or if he was worried she'd actually break in the middle if he touched her... her waist did indeed look unnaturally thin!
But that, however was not the reason I didn't like her... because there was something about her, even after she was helping Mac out in the end, that I just couldn't stand. One of the less likable female characters, in my opinion.

Well, your comment on the slim waist made me LOL, too. The woman probably suffered from a serious eating disorder. It scared me, the way she looked.

I very much regret her presence in this episode. Without her, it would be one of my favorites. But now, I just h a v e to look away every moment she is in a scene. Why? Not just her anorectic looks, but also her awful acting skills. Better: the complete lack thereof. In one of the first scenes, when Mac and Sarah are introduced, she cocks her head a few times in a way that is probably meant to be coquettish, but done so badly it makes me squirm.
Such a pity.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 15 August 2012 - 02:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Traveller @ 15 August 2012 - 05:46 PM)
Well, your comment on the slim waist made me LOL, too. The woman probably suffered from a serious eating disorder. It scared me, the way she looked.

I very much regret her presence in this episode. Without her, it would be one of my favorites. But now, I just  h a v e  to look away every moment she is in a scene. Why? Not just her anorectic looks, but also her awful acting skills. Better: the complete lack thereof. In one of the first scenes, when Mac and Sarah are introduced, she cocks her head a few times in a way that is probably meant to be coquettish, but done so badly it makes me squirm.
Such a pity.

Yes, she looked like she was suffering from some kind of eating disorder. I don't have anything against slim people, (or fat people, for that matter!) but she looked downright unhealthy. Some people are just thin by nature, but then what really matters is the way you dress. With a waist like that, you just shouldn't wear such a tight outfit, it looks downright creepy.

Though her weight (waist?) problem wasn't reason enough not to like her, I agree regarding her lack of acting skills. She just looks stiff. I, too, would have enjoyed the episode so much more if she wasn't in it. But I have to give her credit for her language skills, though. wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 7 August 2013 - 08:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:Pilot
House:  Observatory

sak.gif Mac escaping from the prison was excellent. John de Lancie was great I liked him in Star Trek: TNG as Q. The episode showed that even Mac is fallible and capable of making mistakes.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 22 March 2014 - 11:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

QUOTE (Scwilson @ 8 August 2013 - 04:31 PM)
sak.gif Mac escaping from the prison was excellent. John de Lancie was great I liked him in Star Trek: TNG as Q.

Hah! That's why he looked so familiar! He was Q...

I liked this one too, the high points for me being the spatula helicopter and the bench in the chops. I like the way Mac uses everything within reach to get the bad guys boxing.gif

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted on 12 November 2015 - 01:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:

it's a nice episode right until the escape from the prison. from then on it becomes a bit lame IMO.

The location of the prison has become quite a classic location for a few tv series I believe, it was if I'm not mistaken, the location for a couple of episode of 24.

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted on 7 April 2017 - 05:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

I just watched this episode last night on METV. I'll admit I had no idea what he was doing with the fan and spatula and why he spent so much time on that. Then, when the plan went into action and I heard the recording it hit me! So clever!!

I also LOVED this line: "Fuad, you are one miserable son of a diseased camel." Mac, after Fuad shoves François Great way to not cuss but still get the point across! I'm an English teacher and I love creative expressions.

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted on 7 April 2017 - 07:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

I love that line too! Especially since he doesn't cuss. Also that balloon he makes is great!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 7 April 2017 - 08:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (uniquelyjas @ 8 April 2017 - 02:20 AM)
I just watched this episode last night on METV. I'll admit I had no idea what he was doing with the fan and spatula and why he spent so much time on that. Then, when the plan went into action and I heard the recording it hit me! So clever!!

Yes that was a great MacGyverism. smile.gif The whole episode is pretty cool really.

I also LOVED this line: "Fuad, you are one miserable son of a diseased camel." Mac, after Fuad shoves François  Great way to not cuss but still get the point across!  I'm an English teacher and I love creative expressions.

Years ago when I was about 10 my teacher told our class that people swear because they're not smart enough to know or find the words to express themselves. That comment has stayed with me throughout my whole life (despite using them regularly myself with friends etc) it's one of the things which fits nicely with the MacGyver character - he has an intelligence level such that he knows how to express himself without resorting to low-brow 4 lettered comments.

Having said that, such words seem to have an international understanding. It doesn't matter where you are in the world or what language a person speaks; if you tell the to **** OFF!!! they know exactly what you just said to them. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 8 April 2017 - 10:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

My favourite 'Mac-swear' is, "I don't give a rat's pyjamas!"
I can't even remember which episode it's from, I just love it! roller.gif

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 8 April 2017 - 11:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Rocket @ 8 April 2017 - 02:58 PM)
My favourite 'Mac-swear' is, "I don't give a rat's pyjamas!"
I can't even remember which episode it's from, I just love it! roller.gif

.... dat funny!

Attached Image
Attached Image

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 21 May 2017 - 01:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 27 November 2007 - 05:05 PM)
I love how MacGyver takes time for kids to do things with them. And was it a Catholic orphanage he was working with, I think? I like that MacGyver's always willing to volunteer his time for worthy causes and organizations- ranging from Christian churches and such or environmental causes or the Challengers Club. He's always ready to help! smile.gif MacG.gif

As far as I know, MacG.gif doesn't mention what his own religious views are, but he certainly seems to have a connection to the Catholic church.

Deborah (the nun, not the negotiator) seems to have been quite devoutly Catholic, which makes me wonder if (a) she abandoned her Catholic views whilst she was with Mac but clung to them after their relationship ended or (b) she sinned quite a lot during the relationship or © their relationship was not very physical.

He also has Jewish friends and possibly Buddhist friends. In Season 7, he befriends an adherent of Santaria. To say nothing of the Muslim woman and her son in "To Be a Man".

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll