Trouble shooter

SAK owned: An old one. :)

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Outsiders
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

This was the first episode I ever saw, so it will always hold a place in my heart. That said, when I watched it on DVD for the first time (in 2005, having quite possibly not seen it since its original telecast), I had to admit it hadn't aged as well as most other episodes. Still, it takes me back to the angst-ridden 12 year old I was then and reminds me of the joy of escape that MacGyver always brought me from that night on. So I can't not like it.

They've got guns. All I have is orange juice and a rope...

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Makedde
Posted on 18 March 2011 - 11:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week
Vehicle: Jeep
House:  House boat

I watched it just yesterday, and it's really, really bad. The plotline was good, but some shows just don't age well, and this is one of those episodes.

Terrible backdrop when we see them driving the cars. Shocking and obviously fake. Also, not to bag the kid, but geez, acting school for you, honey!

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsLegacyLiveForever
Posted on 4 October 2011 - 12:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Eagles, Passages

Oh my I love this episode! happy.gif laugh.gif

"I guess the way you look at the world depends on where you are. From up here it looked like a pretty nice place."

"When I was a kid, my grandfather used to say to me that ... a fellow's life wasn't worth mentioning if he hadn't shared it with some folks along the way."

"Goodbye, Grandpa."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
pete
Posted on 19 December 2011 - 03:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I like that episode, it has its climate.

Mac Jackson
Posted on 22 December 2011 - 01:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I think it's a great episode except for the car chase seen which they took from an older movie. Goes on too long and the footage looks out of place. Drags the episode down.

Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 29 July 2012 - 03:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Jacket:  Black leather

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes--like some of you already mentioned, some episodes just don't age well. I wonder what the "gypsies" actually would think about the way they're portrayed in this one... probably not too flattering. rolleyes.gif

But, starting from the beginning--this is my very favorite opening gambit! First time I saw this stunt I had to rewind several times and just watch it over and over! surprise.gif

Yes, I'm a horse person, and I wouldn't say that it's impossible to teach a horse something like that--but even with the most gentle horse, it must have required lots and lots of patience!

You get the impression that the horse is supposed to be rather young... well, in reality I'd say it is at least 15 years old or more, judging by the color and its general appearance. Not exactly a young stallion, as implied. wink.gif

Even though I know that the actual airlift was performed by a stuntman, you can still see what a natural horseman Mac(/RDA) is. All in all, I was very impressed, and it totally deserved the best stunt award. smile.gif

The episode in itself wasn't that impressive. Some of the MacGyverisms were cool, the traffic lights trick was awesome and memorable. It's very interesting to see how Mac's observing the scene, figuring out how things work.

The lightbulb sandwich is another favorite (and it sure worked). wink.gif

There was another unnecessary kiss in this episode in my still not so humble opinion, yet, I was amused by Mac's reaction as she kissed him, his expression is like "oh, that was original, but sure, why not, if she insists..." It's not the last time we see him react that way, either...

It's interesting to see how computers have totally revolutionized the film business in so many ways. The added scenes from "The Italian Job" differs so much in color scheme, feel and focus, which makes them look totally out of place, something that would have been easily corrected today.

A little nitpick when Mac was sliding down that roof--just as he's about to hit the ground, he accidentally kicks the brick wall, and it wobbles. I guess the entire thing was made of styrofoam. wink.gif

Another thing I find rather amusing, especially during the first season, almost all military vehicles look the same, no matter which country Mac's visiting. OK, those jeeps sure were popular with the military, but still, they're all very similar... laugh.gif

Will vote "OK" for this episode.

PM                                                                     
Lazyking
Posted on 4 November 2012 - 06:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Just finished watching this episode.. As a new fan, I'm watching each episode for the first time..

I LOVE the Gambit. Simple stealing the Horse back then the joust match with evil mustache guy lol.. capped off with the copter lifting Mac' and the Horse away.

I liked Mac and the kid... problem is, reminded me too much of Golden Triangle the previous episode.. except the girl was introduced stealing from Mac' lol.

It's an overly cheesy episode but since I didn't see the original Italian Job, I didn't notice the stock footage or care about it now..

It's a good episode imo but probably the worst of the first 3.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 31 July 2013 - 10:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Pilot
House:  Observatory

sak.gif I liked most of season one, if an audience was not found there would be no further seasons. So the producers and writers had to get it right from the start.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 31 July 2013 - 10:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

That's true of any show.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 1 August 2013 - 07:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:Pilot
House:  Observatory

sak.gif one of my favorites.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 26 September 2013 - 12:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

I'm looking at the disc and it's this episode next. All I can see in my head is big borrowed chunks of The Italian Job. I keep expecting Mr. Bridger and Camp Freddie to show up...

Somebody give me a reason to watch it or I'm going to commit fan heresy and skip it...

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 26 September 2013 - 04:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rocket @ 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM)
I'm looking at the disc and it's this episode next. All I can see in my head is big borrowed chunks of The Italian Job. I keep expecting Mr. Bridger and Camp Freddie to show up...

Somebody give me a reason to watch it or I'm going to commit fan heresy and skip it...

This episode starts a story arc and character which we see completed in season 3. also... It has plenty of good MacGyveisms. wink.gif

Take a look at this before deciding

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 26 September 2013 - 11:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Fair enough, I'm sold smile.gif

I'll still be looking for Charlie Croker though...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 27 September 2013 - 03:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

You wont find him.

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 27 September 2013 - 08:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 26 September 2013 - 07:59 PM)
This episode starts a story arc and character which we see completed in season 3. also... It has plenty of good MacGyveisms. wink.gif

Ya know... I didn't know that until you said something. XD Now I know why MacGyver knew about him. LOL!

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 29 September 2013 - 09:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 27 September 2013 - 11:07 PM)
You wont find him.

Heh heh...

I'll see the characters but most likely played by the actor's stunt doubles - Charlie's in the red mini during the chases and Camp Freddie's in the blue one!

Edit: Having just watched it again, they actually do a decent job of fitting the footage into the story. Maybe my disbelief suspenders are stretchier than before, or maybe I just wasn't so taken aback by the borrowed bits, but my initial vote of poor now seems harsh and I'd like to upgrade to an OK smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 6 October 2013 - 11:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling

The end of sewer tunnel is located somewhere in that red marked circle. Anybody live near that place, can take some photos from that area?

45° 0'32.47"N 7°37'14.83"E

Attached Image
Attached Image

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 12:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:

I like the episode simply for the clothes Mac is wearing in Budapest: white shirt, khaki pants, brown boots and his brown leather jacket. In a way timeless fashion.

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 01:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MiracleMac @ 7 October 2013 - 08:16 AM)
The end of sewer tunnel is located somewhere in that red marked circle. Anybody live near that place, can take some photos from that area?

45° 0'32.47"N  7°37'14.83"E

How do you know that's the place?

QUOTE (Fellow Traveler)
I like the episode simply for the clothes Mac is wearing in Budapest: white shirt, khaki pants, brown boots and his brown leather jacket. In a way timeless fashion.

Yes, you're right. It's the classic adventure look. I think it stems from the old Bomber Pilots uniforms and was pretty much immortalized by Indiana Jones.

PM                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 03:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:

You might have a point there, but I think Indy looks even more of an adventurer. Mac looks classy and clean, Indy always looks like he just crawled through some cave (well, he did, most of the time.)
Mac's style in "Thief" is actually, what I'm trying to emulate, especially when on vacation. It looks nice, is neither under- nor overdressed and especially in warmer climes, it serves a purpose. Okay, the leather jacket might be too warm then, but if it gets chilly at night, it's a good thing to have.

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 05:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

To be dead honest, the scene in this episode where he eats the ice-cream (and mostly because it was in the credits), is the scene I recognize the most from when I was a kid. I remember because my mom and I would argue over what type of ice-cream it was... I said chocolate, she said coffee. XD She liked coffee ice-cream. And when I was a kid, the reshooting of that scene for the beginning credits always baffled me, but I didn't care because it looked like strawberry, which, at the time, was my favorite flavor.

Wow... the things you remember... XD To this day, it's still an iconic scene for me. Mac eating ice-cream.

And I agree with you about Mac's outfit. At the time, Indiana Jones was big in my family. My Dad idolized Harrison Ford, so he'd often ware a similar outfit. I call it dress/casual "dad" wear. lol And speaking of Mac's bomber jacket... my sister just recently found two of them in storage. Sadly they were in bad shape and were too small for me, so she donated them to Goodwill.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 06:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Are we talking about the actual Chevignon jackets here? I think I'm going to save my change for a couple of years and have one tailor-made by Magnoli. The ones you can occasionally find on ebay are totally overpriced and not in the best of conditions - even for a 30-year old jacket. So I might just as well get a repro and wear the hell out of it myself.

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 07:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I don't think they were the actual Chevignon jackets, but I can ask her. I'm going to see her for lunch in about an hour. But she did admit that she had a thing for MacGyver back in the day, so it's possible she bought the real deal.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted on 7 October 2013 - 07:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Nice of her sending them to goodwill-stores, when she could have made a lot of cash on ebay... wink.gif

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 8 October 2013 - 12:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 7 October 2013 - 02:34 AM)

QUOTE (Fellow Traveler)

Yes, you're right. It's the classic adventure look. I think it stems from the old Bomber Pilots uniforms and was pretty much immortalized by Indiana Jones.

Well, some guy from one filming location page was collected actual locations from that Italian Job movie, where those some scenes are stolen to MacGyver, so found the source from there.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 8 October 2013 - 06:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MiracleMac @ 9 October 2013 - 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 7 October 2013 - 02:34 AM)

QUOTE (Fellow Traveler)

Well, some guy from one filming location page was collected actual locations from that Italian Job movie, where those some scenes are stolen to MacGyver, so found the source from there.

Is that whole scene from the Italian job or have they inter-cut it with their own bits? Does the original movie have the scenes of closing the gate down on the tunnel?

PM                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 9 October 2013 - 09:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

The whole scene is from Italian Job movie. When the camera shooting the last blue mini which coming from sewer and when the view moves to left when we see all minis driving away, we see flash from a bus which standing on bridge, left up corner. The bus was in the italian job movie. You maybe little see that the camera is starting to zoom toward the bus as it happens in the actual movie, but the scene is cutted then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted on 12 October 2013 - 12:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business
Jacket:  ---

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 27 September 2013 - 01:59 PM)
Take a look at this before deciding

The Episodes section of MacGyveronline is awesome! clapping.gif

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 22 November 2013 - 07:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I wanted to smack Mac upside the head when he said some people are afraid of anyone that runs free. Sure, that is true. But could the free running people at least have some consideration for the not free running people and not steal their stuff? I think people would be less afraid of free running people if the free running people didn't draw attention to themselves in a negative way.

I think the point is that the system creates these people in the first place. Societies that are too repressive and unjust will always drive people into crime who might otherwise be straight. And even the most hard-assed law and order conservatives will usually agree that Eastern Europe under communism fit that bill.

On top of that, those are Gypsies. So take all the regular crap that comes from living under communism, and throw in being at the absolute bottom of the pecking order and having been there for six hundred years. Like they said about black people in America - Gypsies are the guys everyone else looked at and said "well, life sucks, but at least I'm not one of them." Point being, yeah, Yana and the others live on the fringes and earn a living dishonestly, but that doesn't come out of nowhere. (As you see throughout the episode).

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 22 November 2013 - 08:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Just finished this episode again. LMAO, I forgot that it ended with the KGB agent screaming "MACGYVEEER!!!" and beginning a tradition of villains doing that when they've lost.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll