Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 12 February 2019 - 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (Jediferret @ 12 February 2019 - 07:13 PM)
Well... with my experience, it wasn't thinking about other people that kept me up at night... but... err... *ahem* What I had to listen to coming from the next room... and it was done on purpose.  Hopefully Mac wasn't subjected to that level of torment.  That would have been a bit cruel.

I'd have left wink.gif

I did... lol I slept in the car.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 13 February 2019 - 03:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Well, she did tell Sam to come to bed while Mac obviously heard. He's hearing someone he loves saying to another man to come to bed, while he clearly needed to be with someone. That is cruel. Try to sleep after that and sneaking out during the night wasn't an option since he came by plane.

And yes, they were both wrong. It is nice to see though that even if Mac plans something like a vacation, it didn't turn out the way he expected and he has to deal with that. It can even happen to him. Actually this episode belongs in the category of Mask of the Wolf and Easy Target. Two episodes where he seemed to be moody, well it's obvious considering the circumstances in this one. In the other two, it was like he had was having a rough time and you had to leave him alone.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 13 February 2019 - 02:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Not really about Mac & Karen, they are really asking us the questions, aren't they? Trying to get into thy kitchen a bit, no? I mean they know that we've all been through this to some degree, and they are trying to draw us into this episode, chest first, by the emotional heart strings. Relationships vs career choice, should I stay or should I go, catch them down the road a bit, on the rebound, and he/she will still be welcoming with open arms …. right!!! - maybe, maybe not ….. hmm.bmp

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 13 February 2019 - 04:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Probably why I like the show so much. It's probably one of the most relatable shows I've ever watched...

You can see yourself in Mac's shoes, so you can easily understand how he feels. That, and despite this, he's still a good guy that tries to help people. It is a show that makes you stop and go "hmmm" hmm.bmp

I noticed that MacGyver gets a lot more moody in later seasons as well. Kinda goes with the territory of being a nice guy with a hero complex. I have a friend that is exactly the same way. He gets frustrated with people because he tries to help, but it usually backfires on him... or he ends up getting used. He vents this frustration on a regular basis.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 14 February 2019 - 04:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Does that friend get asked to help? If people only know you when they need help you need to get new friends I think or move your houseboat to an unlisted marina and change your phone number.

Mac really has to learn to say no and stay by that. Then again if he does say no, there's no episode. But it wouldn't have hurt either if Mac had to ask Jack for favors a little more with exception of Lost Love and On A Wing and a Prayer of course. At least once per season.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 14 February 2019 - 06:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Sort of ironic that all this chatter about this episode is happening on/around Valentine's Day tongue.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 15 February 2019 - 02:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Coincidence. biggrin.gif

But come to think of it, this could've actually been a great Mac/Nikki episode. This could've been the episode where Mac and Nikki actually grew towards each other and could've started an on-going relationship and talking about all recent events of what happened with Mike and Deborah. But then we'd probably have a smilar beginning like in The Widowmaker with Nikki going after Mac again in the woods and they have to change Murdoc with poachers, if the poaching angle is needed. Still not a bad idea though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 18 February 2019 - 06:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

"Karen" has gone on to do some really good things as a writer/producer, and after parting ways with Mac, btw.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll