Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.

Episode 58 - The odd triple

Jack Dalton gets MacGyver to help him pilot a woman back home to France with her priceless jewels. But once they land, they are arrested for theft.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 08:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

How did you rate this episode?
Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 0 ] [0.00%]
OK [ 1 ] [14.29%]
Good [ 3 ] [42.86%]
Excellent [ 3 ] [42.86%]
Total Votes: 7

QUOTE (Kim_K @ Oct 9 2005, 09:46 pm)

This is one of them episodes that just passes by. I has tops and bottoms, just like any other episode. But MacGyver is always MacGyver.

Paul: I think we shall cut some answers out of mr. MacGyver.
Elena: What are you talking about?
MacGyver: Torture. He´s talking about torture.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Oct 10 2005, 09:51 am)

This is a pretty good episode. Another Jack Dalton episode. A few very funny scenes as where Mac calls Pete and tells him to sit down twice and that he went to France. Then when Pete says: 'I guess you won't be selling these diamonds to me. So...'

QUOTE (MacGirl @ Oct 10 2005, 03:45 pm)

Jack is back! And, as always, dragging Mac into some crazy misadventure.

I'm not sure why, but I didn't like this one quite as well as the other Mac and Jack eppys. Maybe it was because Pete got dragged in as well... I think these eppys were more fun when just Mac and Jack were involved. 

QUOTE (rockatteer @ Oct 10 2005, 07:08 pm)

I think this episode really conveys how close Mac and Jack are, as well as Mac and Pete.

The scene in the torture room where they start fighting and then knock out the two policemen… Mac instinctively knew what Jack was doing... as only very close friends could.

In the wine cellar Mac had no doubt what so ever that Jack would come back to help him. In spite of all the trouble Jack get him into… he trusts him beyond any doubt.

“Your friend’s planning to kill you….. MY friend’s planning to save me.”

And the scene with Pete and the answer phone… although very funny also shows how well Mac knows Pete. And then shows Pete racing off to help his friend…without even stoping to think about it… a true friend.

All in all, this episode has a good feeling to it for me, and really adds depth to the relationship between the three.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Oct 11 2005, 03:18 am)

The scene where Mac is caught is also funny. "You stop!"
Mac immediately stops and put his hands up sky high. And believe it or not the guy the Pete payed to knock Jack out returns in season six. High Control. 

QUOTE (MacGyver @ Oct 11 2005, 04:08 am)

Any episode with MacGyver and Jack were always great. "The Odd Triple" is no exception. I think I particularly enjoy the episodes where Mac, Pete and Jack all show up- like "Partners", "Lost Love" (Parts 1 and 2), "Jack in the Box", "Jenny's Chance" and particularly "The Odd Triple". (There's others too, but those are some of the ones I remember off hand)

MacGyver is certainly loyal to his friends- even those that get him into lots of trouble- like Penny Parker sometimes, but most of all- Jack Dalton! Yeah, I think only MacGyver could be such a good friend to him. And Jack does come through for MacGyver too! And of course, Pete has no patience for Jack and makes that point really clear when he comes to the realization that "I'm going to have to trust- you!" biggrin.gif

And I liked the MacGyverism with the wine barrells at the end too. Another really fun, excellent episode!

QUOTE (MacNymph @ Oct 11 2005, 06:56 am)

Love all Jack episodes.

When they are trying to sneak through the alarm system and the bunny hops in... Jack... what a dolt! laugh.gif

Why did Jack have a conversation with the bunny? "No bunny. No, no, no. Turn around bunny. Bunny stop, please bunny, go back." The whole time he lets Mac keep going... talking to the bunny instead of saying. "Hey Mac, hold up.. there's a bunny." 

And I love when they come back from commercial and the bad guys have Mac in their sights, he has his hands over his head and the baddie says something like "Well, hello." and Mac, with hands still over head, gives a little wave.

Rick always says in interviews he likes to have fun on set and little things like that just make me thing that when Bruce was on set the mood was probably lighter.

Great recovery after Thin Ice. 

QUOTE (rockatteer @ Oct 11 2005, 10:21 am)

Yeah good point. I wander how Rick and Bruce got on with each other off camera?

Can you imagine those two goofing around all the time? Makes you wander how they got and actuall work done. 

QUOTE (MacGirl @ Oct 11 2005, 03:27 pm)

I can just imagine! Those two must have had a ball together off camera as well as on. 

QUOTE (Kim_K @ Oct 12 2005, 02:53 am)

I would DIE to see some footage between them off-camera. 

QUOTE (MacGirl @ Oct 12 2005, 03:47 am)

Ohh, God, that makes two of us!! 

QUOTE (Amy @ Oct 12 2005, 05:56 am)

Just voted Excellent!

I love Jack--Like MN said, he's a dolt, but ya gotta love him!

I love the scene where Mac is objecting to the whole thing as usual and he puts his hand kind of on Jack's face (I think) and you can see him mustering the "No!" that comes out! laugh.gif He always acts like he's had enough, but how do ya get enough of a guy like Jack?

I love it when Pete and Jack have to work together, much to Pete's chagrin. Pete can't stand him, but he's got to rely on him. Great irony!

And at the end when Jack starts spouting off another scheme...they just walk away.

You KNOW they had to have fun off camera! How could they not? wink.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 29 January 2009 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

This is a great Mac,Jack and Pete episode.

Am I right in thinking it's one of the few episodes where we see all three of them sharing "equal action" in the episode? Normally Pete's back at the office organizing to save Mac and Jacks butt. laugh.gif

I love the line from MacGyver. "Your friends are planning to kill you. Mine are planning to save me."

I love the way that line conveys how much faith and trust MacGyver has in Pete and Jack.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 07:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I agree it's a really fun episode.
They should have used this one in the "Hindsight" episode when Mac is trying to remind Pete of a time when Pete saved Mac. I know it didn't really work out 100%, but hell, it would be better than the clips they DID use in that episode (I watched "The Assassin" last night, and it occurred to me that they could have used that episode in Hindsight too, since Pete saves Mac from being killed by Piedro during the opening fight sequence.)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 07:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Pete saves Mac in the last fight scene of 'The Assassin' too... by distracting Piedra--shouting at him just as he was about to shoot Mac--and then it was too late; the poison killed the assassin.

I like this episode (The Odd Triple) very much, for the Mac-Jack-Pete dynamic. The one ep where Pete and Jack have to work together biggrin.gif

I also like this ep because it shows Mac flying a plane. I always wondered why he didn't fly more often, or have a plane of his own. He must have had a pilot's license--but he seemed to prefer to be grounded and leave the wings to Jack. It is an interesting facet of MacGyver's personality. hmm.bmp

The CO2 jets-propulsion wine vat is so outrageously far-fetched that I laugh instead of nitpick--just so deliciously MacGyver! laugh.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 09:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Darn, you just gave away the ending to The Assassin... I had to stop watching about midway through because I needed to get some stuff done, and I was planning to continue watching tonight! Oh well.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 10:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

ohmy.gif Sorry! I didn't expect someone refering to an episode to not have watched it through.

I'm not much good at sparing the spoilers in a discussion thread... just one more thing I'll burn for later.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the episode anyway.

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 01:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

laugh.gif Yeah they would have gotten more power from pushing it than relying on those cylinders.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 30 January 2009 - 01:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 31 January 2009 - 06:17 AM)
ohmy.gif  Sorry!  I didn't expect someone refering to an episode to not have watched it through.

I'm not much good at sparing the spoilers in a discussion thread...  just one more thing I'll burn for later.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the episode anyway.

No problem! I was just messing with you. It's true that I didn't get around to seeing the ending yet, but I don't actually mind that you revealed it. I probably won't get a chance to watch the second half until a few days from now anyway.
It's all good! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macsgirl1
  Posted on 6 May 2009 - 11:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I just watched this one with my husband and he about busted a gut when he figured out that Pete hired that guy to nail Jack surprise.gif He never watched MacGyver till he got with me. blink.gif He didn't think that Pete had it in him to do anything like that. doh.gif
I wish they would have had more episodes like this with the three of them working together. I really loved Pete's reaction when he got MacGyver's message. roller.gif

PM                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 28 February 2010 - 03:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This has become one of my favourite Mac-Jack-Pete episodes. There is such wonderful chemistry between each character. They make a hilarious, if dangerously unpredictable team!

Opening up with a Jack-attack-a marvelous opening which motivates our MacGyver into another caper, almost against his will!
user posted image

But he's hooked! Jack knows just how to push his friend's buttons.
user posted image

The scene where Jack and Mac escape from the French Authorities is wonderful, showing how well they work together.
Gleeful the way they maneuver their opponents. biggrin.gif
user posted image
Care to dance?

And Mac's phone call to Pete—where he keeps telling Pete to sit down. roller.gif He obviously knows how Pete is going to react.

Seeing Pete and Jack forced to work together is fun. Pete doesn't trust Jack--basically thinks he's a low-life troublemaker
--and Jack thinks Pete is a paper-pushing bureaucrat.
user posted image

My favourite Pete quote is in this ep, too!
“Jack, having you as a friend is a little bit like owning a pet disease!”

Seeing the three of them together at the end of the story is a delightful treat
user posted image

An all-around fun episode! biggrin.gif

MacBeth
Posted on 1 March 2010 - 12:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

I just re-watched this episode; it’s one that I like more each time I watch it.

I’m not too fond of the soft touch/reluctant adventurer schtick that the series often used, with Mac being dragged or bullied or overridden into a mission. It got old for me very fast. But the opening scene of this one is so wonderful – I love Mac sagging against the staircase handrail ropes, and the whole exchange. He gets every nuance out of the scene.

The title was a puzzle for me when I first saw it; then I realised it’s a riff on “The Odd Couple”. The Odd Triple is Mac, Jack, and Pete – an unlikely trio, especially given that Pete likes Jack about as much as I do. Their interactions are wonderful, from Pete arranging to have Jack found and delivered (slightly bruised) to the series of rescues.

Jack Dalton was a very tough sell for me from the beginning – I don’t find charismatic liars cute or funny. (I’ve been through too much of the damage they cause.) This was one of the episodes (along with Jack In the Box and Wing and a Prayer) that made a real difference in my attitude. I think this is the first time that Jack’s skill at lying gets turned into a knack for undercover work – Jenny’s Chance, of course, being the best of that line.

The heart of the episode is the three of them working together, and I just plain love it. The mock-fight between Mac and Jack is brilliant. Pete’s work with Jack is delightful.

I do still cringe at the rabbit, though – I wish they’d found a less ridiculous way for Mac to be caught while Jack escapes.

And I have a soft spot for Mac’s idealistic conversation during the flight to Toulon – it’s sappy, but it’s sincere.

Has anyone actually been to Toulon? Does British Columbia actually look anything like it?

And I think the warehouse where Pete has Jack delivered is the same one they used in Back From the Dead!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 1 March 2010 - 12:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Oh! I forgot to mention my other favourite moment of this episode!

After Mac and Jack have escaped, and they are talking about their options...
When Mac gets his idea, Jack recognizes the look on his face, and says,
"What? Your light just came on... give!"

Anyone who's spent some time around Mac can probably recognize that look. laugh.gif

Traveller
Posted on 1 March 2010 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

May I join in, ladies?

I recently watched this episode as part of my 'hand double study', and I must say, it has grown on me. The first time I didn't like it very much because I didn't like Jack very much, in fact I hated the selfish bastard, who's not caring in the least for his exhausted friend, oh no, his Air Dalton dream comes first. Always using his best friend to his own advantage.
But also Mac's compliance annoyed me. Instead of kicking the guy out for ruining his treasured old western movie and nagging his head off, and for posing as the owner of the houseboat, he lets himself get dragged into another disaster.
Almost against his will, Lothi? Where is the almost?

After having seen it some more I find Jack more or less okay - although he will never be one of my favorite characters. But he has some nice scenes with Mac – I love their little fight scene, too – and his chauffeur is very nice.
Your favorite Jack-quote in this episode is also mine, Lothi! I even use it when I can.

And Beth, I have been to Toulon quite a few times, and I can tell you the producers did a great job in getting the French atmosphere right. The Odd Triple really has a French feel to it. Even the airport looks like the real thing, at least as it used to be about fifteen years ago – they have modernized it quite a bit lately. And the interiors in the police station also look very authentic, with a picture of president Pompidou in the background and nice French cops in uniform. Well done.
And what really amazed and delighted me was the real map they used, of the real surroundings of Toulon. I know the Roca Troca and the Grand Cap and other places over there.

Just one thing about the winery. There are lots and lots of wineries in that region, but I don't know any that looks like the Domaine de Donnaye. Near Beaune and more to the north maybe – where it is also much greener – but in the south? Then again, I haven't seen them all, of course. It just doesn't look very South of France-like.

Last note: it seems a bit cold at Toulon airport, for a town at the border of the Mediterranean. But maybe that is a bit nitpicky of me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 1 March 2010 - 05:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

No wonder your name is Traveller! biggrin.gif

Must have been one of those British Colombian Summers in the South of France that year... *chuckles*

MacBeth
Posted on 2 March 2010 - 08:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE ("Traveller")
The first time I didn't like it very much because I didn't like Jack very much, in fact I hated the selfish bastard, who's not caring in the least for his exhausted friend, oh no, his Air Dalton dream comes first. Always using his best friend to his own advantage.
But also Mac's compliance annoyed me. Instead of kicking the guy out for ruining his treasured old western movie and nagging his head off, and for posing as the owner of the houseboat, he lets himself get dragged into another disaster.

Yup, that sums it all up nicely! I've never felt comfortable with the idea of Mac being a wuss who allows his friends to bulldoze him; his personality is too strong. It didn't make sense to me when they first introduced the trope in Season 2 (remember 'Soft Touch'?), and repetition only made it more annoying.

That said, this was one time when the scene is so well played that it won me over, in spite of it. The episode went a long way to getting me past my intense initial loathing of Jack -- including the glee at Pete telling Jack off to his face.

I caught another truly wonderful moment in my re-watch -- in the scene when Mac and Jack have been denounced by the security head and are being hauled off to the 'interrogation room", Mac gives Jack a Look. A most eloquent Look. It's a truly priceless moment, to which no mere words can truly do justice.

it seems a bit cold at Toulon airport . . .

Alas, they could pick their locations, but they couldn't actually control the weather! I remember snickering at one scene in "Bitter Harvest", where the Foley tech had dubbed in crickets chirping . . . but it was so cold the actors' breath was making visible puffs of steam.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Traveller
Posted on 3 March 2010 - 02:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Beth)
I caught another truly wonderful moment in my re-watch -- in the scene when Mac and Jack have been denounced by the security head and are being hauled off to the 'interrogation room", Mac gives Jack a Look. A most eloquent Look. It's a truly priceless moment, to which no mere words can truly do justice.

Yes, I totally agree!
The more I watch RDA as MacGyver (and other roles), the more I admire his non verbal acting. And in The Odd Triple he gives us a lot of that. Like the first scene you mentioned, from the moment he enters his houseboat right up until 'I'm al packed', it's a joy to watch. Especially because it is all very subtle, and done with great timing.

So yeah, I have seen and savoured the look Mac gives Jack before they are hauled to the interrogation room (pronounced in the Clouseau way, I love that).

The end of this episode isn't very much to my liking. They should have cut after the handshake Mac gives Pete. Jack jumping in with his new plan, nah, way too fast, way too abrupt. In that situation, right after all that turmoil where Pete nearly got killed, not very believable. It feel forced to me. They clearly wanted to end on a funny note, but should have restrained themselves. We all know that Jack looks for every opportunity to make a quick buck, so they don't have to rub it in one more time. And of course then Mac and Pete share an aggravated look and walk away. Very predictable...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 3 March 2010 - 11:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I suppose the ending might have been to show that, in spite of everything, Jack hasn't learned a thing from the experience and will continue to misbehave . . . but I agree, it didn't need yet another iteration.

That's so cool, the map of the Toulon area being real! I had wondered.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

KiwiTek
Posted on 28 April 2012 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 1 March 2010 - 09:42 PM)
Oh! I forgot to mention my other favourite moment of this episode!

After Mac and Jack have escaped, and they are talking about their options...
When Mac gets his idea, Jack recognizes the look on his face, and says,
"What? Your light just came on... give!"

Anyone who's spent some time around Mac can probably recognize that look.  laugh.gif

Yeah I like that line too. It shows how well Jack knows MacGyver. Right up there with the quote from Partners when Pete says "I don't know how your mind works, but I know when it works".

biggrin.gif

This episode has quite a few moments which show how well Mac,Pete and Jack know each other and how close Mac and Jack really are; almost like brothers.

There is one part of this episode though which bugs me and seem completely out of place to the point of being stupid. The rabbit. It's ridiculously out of place and SO obviously a pet. First off how many wild white rabbits have you ever seen? and how many wild rabbits have ever come up that close to you and not run away as soon as you even looked at it? Then there's the whole question of how did it get into the compound and even more baffling, why would it go into a compound of concrete and steel when it has green fields to play in? It's just lazy and stupid writing in my humble opinion.

Other that that one complaint this is another great episode.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 29 April 2012 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I agree. They might just as well have used the Duracell bunny, because that would have been just as ridiculous.

Unless.. the rabbit was Paul Donnay's house pet wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 4 November 2012 - 09:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

I think "The Odd Tripple" is a pretty good episode, but definitely not my favorite Dalton episode. In fact, Jack's persuasion methods are getting a bit tiresome. Though it was hilarious to see Mac hanging on to the railing of the staircase at the beginning, looking like a defiant child, I think that Dalton is definitely using him.

Mac and Jack's escape from the French Police is hilarious; I try to ignore the fact that the scenario with the pretty much non-existent security is probably highly implausible. The "dance scene" is so much fun! laugh.gif

I also laughed a lot over Murphy's Law and that white rabbit. Aaalmost a bit over the top, but OK. I like the fact that they did choose to keep Dalton as a character, but some of his scenes *are* getting a bit repetitive.

I understand why the "lost episode," "Mountain of Youth," was never aired. I'll elaborate further in its own thread, when I eventually get there, but though it wasn't such a bad episode in itself, it once again featured a scenario that we've seen so many times before.

I don't really know what to think about the MacGyverism with the wine barrels--I know that sudden gas pressure release from an open bottle can send the bottle flying through the air, but I haven't seen it with my own eyes. However, I imagine that kind of gas release to be more of an explosion, and I have my doubts that the pressure from the gas bottles attached to the barrels would be enough to push them forward like that--let alone breaking the brick wall!

Others have already mentioned the scene where Pete is listening to his answering machine, with instructions from Mac. And yes, I *loved* it too. smile.gif

But, all the humor aside, my rating will still be "Good."

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 4 November 2012 - 10:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I think "The Odd Tripple" is a pretty good episode, but definitely not my favorite Dalton episode. In fact, Jack's persuasion methods are getting a bit tiresome. Though it was hilarious to see Mac hanging on to the railing of the staircase at the beginning, looking like a defiant child, I think that Dalton is definitely using him.

You think? Come on, Jack is Always using Mac. And Mac looking like a defiant child? Methinks Jack is the child, and Mac is not defiant, he is exasperated. And he still doesn't throw Jack out, noo, he lets himself get pulled into yet another scam.
About the security in the police station: in France, and certainly in the south, no police station had security in those days. It wasn't part of the culture, the way of life, moreover, it wasn't necessary. Just as airports didn't have security checks like nowadays. Times were quite different then. Innocent, even.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 4 November 2012 - 11:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (Traveller @ 4 November 2012 - 08:40 PM)

You think? Come on, Jack is Always using Mac. And Mac looking like a defiant child? Methinks Jack is the child, and Mac is not defiant, he is exasperated. And he still doesn't throw Jack out, noo, he lets himself get pulled into yet another scam.
About the security in the police station: in France, and certainly in the south, no police station had security in those days. It wasn't part of the culture, the way of life, moreover, it wasn't necessary. Just as airports didn't have security checks like nowadays. Times were quite different then. Innocent, even.

Yes, I agree, Jack is *definitely* like a child. I just meant that Mac looked like a defiant child in that particular scene, at the railing.

And of course, times were more innocent back then. I still have my doubts regarding the French Police--but I'm aware of that my picture of southern European policemen might be biased from mum and dad's experiences with the Spanish Police in the late 70's--in the area where my dad's from, they made a habit of following innocent motorists (etc) for miles and miles to try and catch them making mistakes, so they could fine them and present nice statistics for their bosses. tongue.gif

But like I said, I'm trying to look past the fact that Mac and Jack did escape so easily; I' far more bothered by Jack dragging Mac around against his will. tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 6 August 2014 - 01:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Heh heh...
With thanks to Mr. Thornton for the quote of the episode:

Pete: Jack, having you for a friend is like having a pet disease! roller.gif

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted on 4 May 2017 - 05:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

I really enjoyed this episode a lot!!! I love the opening seen in the boathouse. Shows Mac's human side: Tired, frustrated, etc. As earlier posts mentioned, I do not think Mac is a "wuss" or being taken advantage of by Jack. He's just helping a good friend...which is what Mac is all about. I'm sure Mac knows when he is "being played". He'd only do something like this for a very good friend.

Also loved his telephone message to Pete....the long pause as he waits for Pete to sit, then tells him to sit down again...shows how well they know each other.

The line about Jack being a like a pet disease was also great....my mom happened to walk in and started watching and she loved that line...was still talking about it after the show ended!

Loved how Pete, Mac and Jack all really worked together and had to trust each other. I think having Pete and Jack work together was a type of blending of Mac's personal and professional side.

I did have trouble with the rabbit. It came out of nowhere and seemed out of place. Also, a white bunny? That's a pet, not something roaming in the "wild". I was also wondering why Jack didn't at least try to get Mac's attention...perhaps it was because they didn't know where the guards might be and he didn't want to alert anyone?

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 29 October 2018 - 07:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners

lol at the white rabbit comments - that was a ridiculous aspect, they should have made it a possum or whatever animal might roam the south of France - also Jack could have ran at it to try and chase it away lol.

I've always really liked this episode, but I love the Jack episodes, and Mac's frustration at Jack. I don't think Mac is a wuss, he's a loyal friend, and if Jack lost his Dalton Air opportunity because he needed sleep, he would have felt bad about it. All his expressions during Jack's explanation of why he was there were priceless. Once he agreed, he was in good spirits about it - until they got arrested lol. I really pushed the limit of being diplomatic when taking to Elena on the plane, but I liked it anyway.

So many little humorous moments between Mac and Jack, Mac and Pete, Pete and Jack - really enjoyable.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll