Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I have watched all the episodes of Macgyver and thought when they started the Bozer/Riley thing it was too forced.

As I watched the episodes, I couldn't help but notice subtle hints of chemistry between Mac/Riley but honestly thought I was crazy until I read some of the episode discussions and some thought the same thing.

I just wanted to say it is nice to know there are other people out there who noticed this and I am not the only one. I wonder if Bozer/Riley is a smoke screen??

I can't imagine Mr. Lenkov would edit the Mac/Riley scenes in the way he did if he wasn't sending a message. I always believed placement, tone, etc. are major players in how a director and writer want to tell a story.

I could be wrong and I guess we will see soon enough...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 14 March 2017 - 04:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

It's counterproductive in any work/office environment ..... but especially so in 'MacGyver's' vocation. The viewer/character shouldn't be too concerned/pre-occupied by it, should they? Okay, maybe 5% of the show, but this is more like 20%. The TOS worked because, among many other things, it didn't innundate our minds with who's zooming who and kept Mac relatively single as per female fan request.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 14 March 2017 - 05:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGirl0629 @ 14 March 2017 - 07:40 PM)
As I watched the episodes, I couldn't help but notice subtle hints of chemistry between Mac/Riley but honestly thought I was crazy until I read some of the episode discussions and some thought the same thing.

Anyway, I don't want to derail your thread. It's interesting to know that other sites find the social inter-actions amongst the team - theatrically stimulating. I don't get that impression on this site and that may be because of the age demographic and/or an allegiance to the criteria of the original series. 1 2 3 go - discuss Riley/Mac body language .,,, hmm.bmp biggrin.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 15 March 2017 - 05:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I don't think you're the only one to notice the chemistry actually. I'm all for Mac/Riley to be honest. I like Riley... a lot. She's probably the best thing about the reboot, but I think it's because she's actually something original.

I see Mac/Riley happening more than Bozer/Riley.

Poor Bozer...

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl0629
Posted: 15 March 2017 - 03:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 15 March 2017 - 05:29 AM)
I don't think you're the only one to notice the chemistry actually. I'm all for Mac/Riley to be honest. I like Riley... a lot. She's probably the best thing about the reboot, but I think it's because she's actually something original.

I see Mac/Riley happening more than Bozer/Riley.

Poor Bozer...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I too prefer Mac/Riley if they are going in the direction of having romance between characters much more than Bozer/Riley.

Bozer/Riley was forced on us from Day 1 and it seems awkward. The less obvious is more appealing to me.

I like Bozer but only as a friend for Riley and a roommate for Mac..

I think Mac/Riley would be more interesting to watch and would send Jack bonkers...

I guess we will have to wait and see..

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll