Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

@Jedi @mac85 thanks, I'm feeling better today. It just felt like I had the flu, sore muscles in my head, back, chest, etc. Guess it's time to try a new Chinese place laugh.gif

@MacG maybe try gratiing cheese yourself? I don't think just grated cheese would cause problems unless regular cheese did as well, but some sort of preservative might

My mom is allergic to walnuts. She used to eat them all the time, but one day, it was Jedi's story about the Brazil nut

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 15 May 2019 - 09:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
Vehicle: Jeep
House:  Loft

Yeah, I was gonna suggest the grating it yourself thing. But I dunno. Allergies are kinda weird like that...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 15 May 2019 - 09:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So I made a DeviantArt account for the best of my artwork (not all of it, because only some of it came out "good enough" in my eyes tongue.gif )

Found an adoptable I wanted, but had no points. I was hoping the owner would agree to hold it for me or something, but she just gifted it freely as a "welcome to the site" thing, and it knocked me back happy_dance.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Cool! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 15 May 2019 - 05:18 AM)
@MacGod - Sounds like you had a bad bag of cheese. I know they put stuff on the cheese to keep it from clumping...I looked it up, it's called cellulose... or powdered wood pulp. At least, that's what is done here in the US. Overseas, I don't know.

If it's never bothered you before, and it was just that one bag, I would assume that bag might have been bad. I would try another brand.

The older I got, the more allergies I've picked up. I was shocked when I hate a Brazil Nut and I had a bad allergic reaction to it... like my throat closed up. So now I have to stay away from it. I don't process dairy like I used to either.

Heavily fried, processed foods, pizza and alcohol all make me feel bad now. Even too much coffee makes me feel bad. I started making protein smoothies at home, and my body LOVES those, but I get bored with them rather fast.

Also, MSG is basically bad sodium in processed foods. Remember when Mac told Pete to tell the Chinese place to hold the MSG in Out in the Cold? Its bad stuff. My mother couldn't eat it. It made her bloat.

My family has a history of high blood pressure because we're all high strung, high stress people... so we always have to watch our sodium intake.

@DragonDog - I'm sorry to hear you're in pain from that! >_< It seems the older you get, the worse certain foods effect you. My digestive system just doesn't work like it used to anymore. It regulated after I started the protein smoothie diet, so I think I wasn't getting enough nutrients or something. But I eat a lot of bananas and drink tea with probiotics, and that helped a lot.

I haven't been around much because I had some real life issues, but I'm working through it. I'll probably be a little MIA every now and again, but I'm trying to post a bit more.

I've lived overseas for a while. Grated cheese was one thing that I never saw in any store. It was always fresh cheese. I did not even see pre-packaged cheese in the stores.

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So I ran today on less than 5 hours of sleep... So I was in a bookstore, and while leaving after checking out, some lady was standing near the cafe area with samples of cold frappe shots. My mom declined, but on 5 hours of sleep, I was desperate, so I took one.

My mom: blink.gif "I didn't know you drank coffee..."

Me: "I do today"

It helped, but all the sweetness that made it a frappe made me nauseated too dry.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 May 2019 - 02:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Also one of my quirks, I guess. I never drink coffee, unless offered.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 May 2019 - 08:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Facebook is acting up again and Europe is caught up again in the storm. Since Friday Messenger is out and I can no longer see my notifications, nor videos and apparently uploading is hard too. First we thought it had to do with the elections but the disturbance is now over the majority of Europe.

On the disturbance map, Belgium, Holland, Denmark are completely covered in a yellow blotch and it's reaching into Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and large portions of France, into Italy and Northern Spain. Also the majority of England is covered in the yellow spot. I also see a yellow spot near the East Coast (last night it was even worse) and what I think is Japan. But it's like each time something is wrong with Facebook it's always in Western-Europe.

Using a different browser should help but don't feel like changing anything. Probably have to sit it out until they solve it. But it's been at least four days. Honestly, I've never known this much trouble with Facebook as in the past few years. At least I can see my start page and respond to posts.

There, I guess, I needed to get that out of my system.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 27 May 2019 - 09:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 27 May 2019 - 08:01 AM)
Facebook is acting up again and Europe is caught up again in the storm. Since Friday Messenger is out and I can no longer see my notifications, nor videos and apparently uploading is hard too. First we thought it had to do with the elections but the disturbance is now over the majority of Europe.

On the disturbance map, Belgium, Holland, Denmark are completely covered in a yellow blotch and it's reaching into Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and large portions of France, into Italy and Northern Spain. Also the majority of England is covered in the yellow spot. I also see a yellow spot near the East Coast (last night it was even worse) and what I think is Japan. But it's like each time something is wrong with Facebook it's always in Western-Europe.

Using a different browser should help but don't feel like changing anything. Probably have to sit it out until they solve it. But it's been at least four days. Honestly, I've never known this much trouble with Facebook as in the past few years. At least I can see my start page and respond to posts.

There, I guess, I needed to get that out of my system.

Sometimes you just need to tell someone or just need to vent. The internet where live doesn't always have the best signal. My television satellite goes out more often than ever. That's when I put a MacGyver DVD in the player. Less stressful than dealing with the TV provider.

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 May 2019 - 03:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Still not better. It's really strange actually, before I lived in the city I can't imagine I ever had problems with Facebook. Then again I wasn't without a job at the time and was only online for a few hours in the evening. So if there were any disturbances, I never noticed. Unless it really depends where you live, but mostly the problems concerning Facebook is due to Facebook itself. On downdetector.com a lot of people are saying it's not the browser, it's the site. Last month and the month before that they were talking about the biggest disturbance ever. But this is the fifth day. Never knew this for so long. At least we're on it and it works for at least 60 or 70%, back in March we weren't able to get online for a while.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 May 2019 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I can understand the frustration. Usually, around the holidays, especially Christmas, Xbox Live goes down. The last few years it was due to hackers overloading the servers on purpose to ruin people's Christmas's.

I thought it was the connection between my Xbox and cable modem. I was about to get a new modem when I dug around the Microsoft/Xbox twitter accounts and saw the outage was all over the place. Apparently, the Playstation Network has the same problem from the same group of hackers.

Oh, the good old days. XD

I really haven't been posting all that much because I've been having issues with my guy friend. It ultimately ended with a falling out a couple of weeks ago. I won't go into any details, but I've been a wreck about it. I dunno if I can salvage it or not, but we'll see. Hopefully.

On a positive note, an ex-friend of mine stopped by last Monday. We haven't seen each other in 8 years and haven't spoken in about 5 years. She and I had some issues a long time ago, but we talked out a lot of it so we're good now, which is GREAT!

She's coming back this weekend so we can talk about me possibly moving into her house in Minnesota. She even has a job lined up for me if I accept her offer.

So, we'll see how that goes. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsMinx
Posted: 29 May 2019 - 07:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot (intro v.o.), LTOA
House:  Observatory

I was outdoors a lot this weekend. I even got to see some hawks hunting; they came close to me. It was incredible!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 May 2019 - 06:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, it's all better now. Everything is working again.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 30 May 2019 - 08:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 29 May 2019 - 01:30 PM)
She's coming back this weekend so we can talk about me possibly moving into her house in Minnesota. She even has a job lined up for me if I accept her offer.

So, we'll see how that goes. XD

Hmm, interesting wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 30 May 2019 - 03:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So I had to floss after eating corn, got too rough, and cut my gum. And now it's loose skin, pulled away from the tooth, basically driving me insane. Like, until it heals, I'm just dealing with festering loose gums, and exposed teeth (And yes, I am aware that that is also a sign of gingivitis). Basically, I want to rub at it to relieve the discomfort, but that just makes it worse...

I haven't been to a dentist in about a decade, but I'm tempted now to just walk in and be like, "Help me. Just fix this. Ignore the rest of my mouth, just. Fix. This." laugh.gif dry.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 30 May 2019 - 07:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Oof, that sounds painful sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 4 June 2019 - 02:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Finally got my gums to heal. I have the weirdest problems laugh.gif

I was looking at an old drawing I did two years ago, and I decided to redo it. I've definitely improved tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 June 2019 - 01:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Nice drawing, Dragondog.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 5 June 2019 - 03:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 5 June 2019 - 04:57 AM)
Nice drawing, Dragondog.

Thanks, MacG wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 June 2019 - 04:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

A really good friend of mine is trying to get her business to take off. She had an Etsy shop, but is now moving to a different site (but still accepting orders). Strangely, she never got any orders sad.gif

I mean, look at this stuff. She's a great photographer:

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 June 2019 - 07:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 8 June 2019 - 07:56 PM)
A really good friend of mine is trying to get her business to take off. She had an Etsy shop, but is now moving to a different site (but still accepting orders). Strangely, she never got any orders sad.gif

I mean, look at this stuff. She's a great photographer:

And there's more where that came from

https://www.instagram.com/soaringdragonsphotography/

So if anyone here wants to maybe help spread the word, it'd be much appreciated wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 June 2019 - 06:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Impulse buy. No regrets

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 June 2019 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I apologize for my long absence. The past couple of months have been really rough. I'm starting to come out of it now, so I'll be trying to make a come back soon.

The good news is that I finally heard from my guy friend and he wants to work things out. BUT, he said it's going to be a while. Which is fine, as we're both still pretty upset with each other. Honestly, it's mostly just misunderstanding each other due to poor communication. We'll be fine. But I got a trip to Minnesota in a couple of weeks to see about moving there. If I decide to move it's gonna be in the next few months.

So... got a lot going on. Oy...

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 30 June 2019 - 08:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I'm sorry to hear that it's been so rough for you sad.gif , but I'm glad you're back!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 July 2019 - 01:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

No need to apologize, Jedi. If I tell my entire story... Life takes over every now and then.

7400th post. macsak.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 July 2019 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 30 June 2019 - 06:44 AM)
I apologize for my long absence. The past couple of months have been really rough. I'm starting to come out of it now, so I'll be trying to make a come back soon.

The good news is that I finally heard from my guy friend and he wants to work things out. BUT, he said it's going to be a while. Which is fine, as we're both still pretty upset with each other. Honestly, it's mostly just misunderstanding each other due to poor communication. We'll be fine. But I got a trip to Minnesota in a couple of weeks to see about moving there. If I decide to move it's gonna be in the next few months.

So... got a lot going on. Oy...

*hugs* I was wondering what happened to you. Sorry things have been rough. Hope things get better *more hugs*

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 4 July 2019 - 09:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Happy Fourth of July, fellow American users!

I can't think of a more appropriate day to post this

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 July 2019 - 03:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

It's 6:30 in the morning... I've been up for an hour... Because I got woken up by a nearby house catching on fire... I could see the smoke billowing up from my window...

Not a pretty sight to wake up to... I'm going on, what, an hour, maybe two of sleep? Not like I can fall back to sleep now... Too much adrenaline from what just happened...

I'm so tired... yawn.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 8 July 2019 - 07:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Wow. blink.gif I hope you sleep better tonight

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 July 2019 - 01:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Read, warm milk, watch tv, you'll be dozing off in no time. Take the Mac-way, go lie down on the couch and dream of the old west.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll