Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Murdoc
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character
user posted image [ 2 ]  [2.60%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [3.90%]
user posted image [ 8 ]  [10.39%]
user posted image [ 64 ]  [83.12%]
Total Votes: 77
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Dancer
Posted on 26 December 2014 - 03:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I remember the first time I saw Murdoc when I was little was in the episode with the flame thrower and it really scared me. I didn't like any of those episodes until I was a lot older.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Elizabeth MacGyver
Posted on 3 May 2015 - 12:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:the stringer
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I liked Murdock. He was an awesome villain. I'm not saying I like the bad guys on movies and tv shows I don't like them (except for Darth Vader he was cool) but I do think that he was a good challenge for MacGyver. smile.gif

Hi I'm back!!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Kristelle
Posted on 3 May 2015 - 10:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Small Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Eraser, Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I hated Murdoc when I was kid. He scared me, but I was always scared of psychopaths anyway. And the way he has to just show up when everyone though he was dead (why is he surviving the Widowmaker while Mike didn't?!) buhe is like the Coyote (then Mac has to be the Road Runner happy.gif ), falls, explods, burns, gets crushed by trucks, and still climbing up on his rock to prepare a new develish plan to catch the Road Runner. I like the Coyote whistle.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

Zoe: Help me find the Holy Grail!
Mac: Indiana Jones already did that! I saw the movie!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 4 May 2015 - 10:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

whistle.gif *poof*.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Agent MacGyver!
Posted on 14 May 2015 - 08:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cease Fire
House:  Loft

In my opinion, and perhaps my memory is a little foggy, Murdoc only tried to kill Pete because Pete was chasing him while as a DSX agent. Murdoc likes being the hunter, not the hunted, so after Pete assumed Murdoc was dead, Pete stopped looking for Murdoc. Murdoc, on the other hand, gets a lot of pleasure chasing after a worthy foe - Macgyver, and probably doesn't deem Pete as a real threat. Especially since at the end, he was blind.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Paladin
Posted on 30 May 2015 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (DaveS @ 18 August 2014 - 04:28 AM)
Finally, if it was so easy for him to track down Macgyver, why couldn't the Phoenix Foundation track down Murdoc? Where did he live? Where did he hang out? The Foundation managed to track down all kinds of obscure details on people except for Murdoc......

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I thought you all knew....

Phoenix Foundation = NSA

Murdoc = JoeSAKic

http://www.macgyveronline.com/forums/index...entry1000076544

wink.gif

roller.gif

KiwiTek
Posted on 30 May 2015 - 08:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Agent MacGyver! @ 15 May 2015 - 04:49 PM)
In my opinion, and perhaps my memory is a little foggy, Murdoc only tried to kill Pete because Pete was chasing him while as a DSX agent. Murdoc likes being the hunter, not the hunted, so after Pete assumed Murdoc was dead, Pete stopped looking for Murdoc. Murdoc, on the other hand, gets a lot of pleasure chasing after a worthy foe - Macgyver, and probably doesn't deem Pete as a real threat. Especially since at the end, he was blind.

Murdoc only kills when he's paid to, so I would assume that HIT had ordered a hit on Pete originally after they found him getting too close to Murdoc. Having said that I wouldn't put it past Murdoc to kill people close to the target in order to finish the hit successfully.

QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 12 January 2009 - 01:19 PM)
but the creepiest part is that laugh---the one in Halloween Knights, before he says Happy Halloween MacGyver and the one in Obsessed--dang that gives me shivers.

For the most part that's MDB's real laugh too!

It's weird seeing him in interviews and he laughs at something, it's like "OMG! Murdoc!!" laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 3 June 2015 - 06:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Mystery of mysteries - why there was no explicit reference to the big Israel-Palestinian conflict and its assorted implications.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict was the background for "Cease Fire" in Season 5. On one side (the one we didn't see much of), you had people dressed in the most basic, stereotypically Arab clothing ever (beards and head scarves). On the other, people dressed like Westerners and played by Jewish actors, or at least Yanif was. (Point of interest: he had basically the same role twenty years later on The West Wing, where he played an Israeli defense minister opposed to a peace agreement, and a lot of the episode turned around Bartlet trying to get the Prime Minister alone without Yanif there to apply pressure). We only saw one of the flags, which amusingly was a cross between those of the two sides - the design is Palestinian or Jordanian, but the color scheme is Israeli.

(Speaking of flags, I love that they threw in the flag of Geneva on the guard post. It's the sort of tiny detail that plenty of people wouldn't bother with - just stick with the Swiss flag - and that no one would notice if they didn't include, but they did it anyway. Good research department).

Why is there no EXPLICIT reference? Because the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is quite possible the single thing most guaranteed to start a furious political argument of the kind that makes gun control debates look mild. I'm impressed that the show referenced it at all.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Stevethebarian
Posted on 25 September 2015 - 09:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Murdoc is to the Joker what Dr Zito is to Hannibal Lecter.

Barry Rowland
Posted on 25 September 2015 - 11:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

Murdoc is to bad buys what Jack Dalton is to fictional tales....incorrigible!!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Widowmaker
Posted on 1 August 2016 - 12:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:The Widowmaker
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Dancer @ 26 December 2014 - 03:08 AM)
I remember the first time I saw Murdoc when I was little was in the episode with the flame thrower and it really scared me. I didn't like any of those episodes until I was a lot older.

I think that's one of the things that attracted me back to the show years ago. I had vague memories of Murdoc(especially from the Widowmaker and Cleo Rocks) and I remembered him being so creepy due to his horror villain-like ability to cheat death and being all scarred from his constant close-calls. The darker episodes with Murdoc and also Kill Zone are what really stuck with me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MurdocFan
Posted on 7 September 2016 - 12:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:So far? Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (Miasma @ 12 January 2009 - 08:50 AM)
always coming up with overly elaborate plots to kill Mac, and always falling victim to his own traps in the end.

but you have to remember... in "Cleo Rocks" he had a very elaborate set-up with the whole- Pete drowns or a MAc pancake- but after Mac got out of THAT Murdoc simply pulled gun on him... which doesn't seem so elaborate to me

-MurdocFan
Don't worry, you'll see me again. Just keep looking over your shoulder...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted on 7 September 2016 - 08:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Perhaps but its like the James Bond debate. Why go through all that to begin with if you wanted to kill someone? It's not like he's trying to make it look like an accident. He's an assassin for crying out loud! Just take a gun and shoot when he's not looking. Bam. Job done. They touched on this in Austin Powers when Scott Evil was asking his father for gun to kill his father's nemesis but he wouldnt have it. Instead, elaborate schemes were so much more rewarding for him. biggrin.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macdoc
Posted on 22 October 2016 - 11:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

i loved murdoc as a villan he was a perfect foil for mac smile.gif i loved there back and forth happy_dance.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted on 29 September 2017 - 07:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

Just had a thought...Did Murdoc have a first name? Was it ever revealed? I haven't read all the posts on this thread so excuse me if this has already been answered.

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 1 October 2017 - 04:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

There was a theory here one time Murdoc's first name was probably Eddie. But I don't remember how or when they came up with it.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 1 October 2017 - 05:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams

I've always believed that "Murdoc" was his code name. It's obvious with the first part of his name Murd(er), not sure the last part. Doc(tor)? A shortened version of Murder Doctor? I'm probably looking into it too much, but that's just what I've always thought it meant. His real name is probably something he got rid of to protect him and his sister.

But that's just a theory. I have no idea. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 6 October 2017 - 10:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights

One would think that Murdoc would be smart enough to use a code name instead of his real one, but then again, if you look at everyone else in HIT, not all of them use code names. Nicholas Helman and Sonia Chapel are probably real names...that, or very convincing aliases. Also, in theory Murdoc could be his real name, since he does have other false names, like Jacques and Sarah, that he throws around. In a way, I kind of think that Murdoc is confident enough in his ability to avoid capture that he could plausibly use his real name just to spite the people chasing him. Think about it: he's so good at escaping and vanishing without a trace that he's almost impossible to catch, so giving Pete and the DXS a clue---I.e., his real name---could be his way of taunting them a little more, making the game a bit more interesting.

But given that I'm posting this at 2 A.M., I don't even know if what I said makes any sense. wink.gif

Sometimes, if a character has only one name, people will substitute the actor's name for the missing info. Which could lead to speculation that his first name would be Michael.

Eddie would be an adorable first name for him, though. :-D

...unless Murdoc *is* his first name, which is also theoretically possible.

This reminds me of the time that fans asked the actress who portrayed Lady Amanda what Mr. Spock's other name was. She smirked and told them that his first name was Harold. laugh.gif Of course, later DC Fontana made it (more or less) canon that Spock is his first name.

My two cents' on the subject is that I don't want to know if Murdoc has another name. Not knowing is part of the magic.

...y'know, unless it turns out to be something like Xtmprszntwfld. That would be something that I would want to know. laugh.gif

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 6 October 2017 - 10:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 1 October 2017 - 08:28 AM)
I've always believed that "Murdoc" was his code name.  It's obvious with the first part of his name Murd(er), not sure the last part.  Doc(tor)?  A shortened version of Murder Doctor?  I'm probably looking into it too much, but that's just what I've always thought it meant.  His real name is probably something he got rid of to protect him and his sister.

But that's just a theory.  I have no idea. XD

Good point about him protecting Ashton. That would be a huge motive for using a code name. I didn't think of that.

Doctor?! Maybe he's a Time Lord! That would explain a lot. wink.gif

.........He's the Dr. Johnny Fever of murder. laugh.gif

...which means that his name must be Sir Charles Weatherby. WKRP crossover, anyone? hmm.bmp

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc is back
Posted on 4 December 2017 - 03:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Green

Favorites
House:  Apartment

QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 10 January 2009 - 03:57 AM)
Murdoc---inventive, sadistic, insane, musical and over the top theatrical, creepy, cross dressing, highly intelligent, yet prone to do very stupid things when overconfident to desparate (every time that he had been "killed"), antisocial, psychotic, angry, clever, at times funny-----Murdoc is MacGyver's archnemesis, the one name, the one voice that MacGyver dreads, someone who gets a kick out of messing with MacGyver's mind, he's not just a killer, he seeks out anything and anyone to get at Mac and that makes him different and a better villian than all the rest.

Great summary, Liz thumbsup.gif wub.gif I couldn't have said it any better!!!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Murdoc is back
Posted on 4 December 2017 - 03:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

As a kid, I LOVED the Murdoc episodes, and I would have voted Excellent back then. These days, though, I'm a bit less impressed. I still like Murdoc, but there's something a bit TOO cartoonish about him. He's kind of like the Wyle E Coyote of the MacGyver universerse-- always coming up with overly elaborate plots to kill Mac, and always falling victim to his own traps in the end. It's hard to really see him as threatening or scary. I prefer Dr. Zito these days.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif The Coyote!!!

That's a good comparison tongue.gif I mean when you see that smile/grin ...

I am sorry I don't have a clue who Dr Zito is hmm.bmp Can not remember...

beth
Posted on 6 December 2017 - 10:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Mountaineer

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Murdoc is back @ 4 December 2017 - 03:39 AM)
As a kid, I LOVED the Murdoc episodes, and I would have voted Excellent back then.  These days, though, I'm a bit less impressed.  I still like Murdoc, but there's something a bit TOO cartoonish about him.  He's kind of like the Wyle E Coyote of the MacGyver universerse-- always coming up with overly elaborate plots to kill Mac, and always falling victim to his own traps in the end.  It's hard to really see him as threatening or scary.  I prefer Dr. Zito these days.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif The Coyote!!!

That's a good comparison tongue.gif I mean when you see that smile/grin ...

I am sorry I don't have a clue who Dr Zito is hmm.bmp Can not remember...

Dr. Zito appeared in two episodes. In "Deadly Dreams" he was a patient in an institution who helped another man escape to kill LAPD Lt. Kate Murphy. He also was in "Lessons in Evil" where he escaped during his trial and led Mac on a sort of scavenger hunt leaving him clues that he had to solve to pass Zito's "test".

Beth

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Murdoc is back
  Posted on 6 December 2017 - 12:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

QUOTE (beth @ 6 December 2017 - 10:38 AM)
Dr. Zito appeared in two episodes. In "Deadly Dreams" he was a patient in an institution who helped another man escape to kill LAPD Lt. Kate Murphy. He also was in "Lessons in Evil" where he escaped during his trial and led Mac on a sort of scavenger hunt leaving him clues that he had to solve to pass Zito's "test".

Thank you so much, Beth!!! I really have to check all the characters again one day ... hmm.bmp biggrin.gif ... word1.png

Dragondog
Posted on 20 December 2017 - 05:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 7 October 2017 - 12:07 AM)

Did you ever see that episode of ALF MDB was in? He actually played a guy named Eddie.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 20 December 2017 - 07:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 20 December 2017 - 08:47 PM)

Did you ever see that episode of ALF MDB was in? He actually played a guy named Eddie.

I did not, but now I must see this for myself!!!

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 21 December 2017 - 03:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 20 December 2017 - 09:46 PM)

In case you were wondering, the name of the episode was "Promises, Promises". It was in season three.

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 21 December 2017 - 04:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 21 December 2017 - 06:38 PM)

In case you were wondering, the name of the episode was "Promises, Promises". It was in season three.

Danke! I'll look it up! happy.gif

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 23 December 2017 - 06:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 21 December 2017 - 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 21 December 2017 - 06:38 PM)

Danke! I'll look it up! happy.gif

You'll have to tell me what you think of it after you see it. wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 9 January 2018 - 06:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So while reading random facts online today, I read something that says that men who post more selfies are more likely to become serial killers. Not sure if I believe it or not, but it DOES fit Murdoc pretty well, doesn't it? hmm.bmp

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 9 January 2018 - 07:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 9 January 2018 - 09:42 PM)
So while reading random facts online today, I read something that says that men who post more selfies are more likely to become serial killers. Not sure if I believe it or not, but it DOES fit Murdoc pretty well, doesn't it? hmm.bmp

In some ways, yes. Murdoc does take an awful lot of photographs. My best guess would be that people who take a high number of selfies sometimes score higher on psychological tests for traits like Narcissism and other psychological issues. Those same traits are also commonly (but not always) found in serial killers.
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Murdoc were diagnosed with narcissism or something, but he's definitely not a serial killer. Zito would be, I guess, but not Murdoc.

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll