Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I always liked the opening voiceovers....I think they really added to the fun of the show. I could watch the entire 1st series over and over again!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
themacgyverproject
Posted on 4 June 2016 - 07:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet

I did a deep dive on the original pilot script and compared it to the episode. You'll never guess where MacGyver's apartment is located!
Click for Link

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Myrtle Groggins
Posted on 5 June 2016 - 12:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft

Well, it's my new favorite house.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 5 June 2016 - 01:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (themacgyverproject @ 5 June 2016 - 04:07 AM)
I did a deep dive on the original pilot script and compared it to the episode. You'll never guess where MacGyver's apartment is located!
Click for Link

Very nice! ohmy.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 13 November 2016 - 05:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck

QUOTE (BigMac @ 31 December 2007 - 11:48 AM)
I really liked this episode. I thought Barbara Spencer was great. Her character actually helped MacGyver instead of relying on him to do everything.

Back in the 80s, women on screen didn't always have much to do. This could so easily have gone really wrong, with someone saying, "Oh, we can have a lady in a nice pink dress and heels for Mac to rescue" and the other male producers and writers agreeing that it would be nice for Mac to rescue a lady. I mean, obviously many ladies would like to be rescued by Mac, but it's nice to see women on screen not being portrayed as wet lettuces with nothing significant to do.

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 13 November 2016 - 05:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacDriver @ 15 August 2009 - 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 11 June 2009 - 09:03 PM)
Probably part of that "angry young man" behavior he keeps talking about in interviews. laugh.gif

Haha, yeah I always got the idea he had as dark a past as Mac, but it sounded more like he tried a few thingsin his youth and moved on, unlike most other people in Hollywood that make the news every third week for something their mother's not proud of tongue.gif He actually gets pretty deep in some interviews for someone as famous as he is. I think he had too good of a head on his shoulders, plus he said over and over he felt like he didn't know what he was doing and had to work really hard at being good (eh, whatever RDA, you were born good!) and also that the cast on Mac was his life for those 7 years. I think it all adds up to say that there was little desire for self destructive patterns (including smoking) and little opportunity with the intensity of the seasons. Plus I don't know, is it part of the scene in Hockey to smoke? I have never heard of that, and in general I don't think sports/being active agrees with smoking.

It always amuses me when I read an interview with someone who appears to be hinting that their past was all about sex and drugs, but they don't want to say so directly in case their parents or children see the interview.

I'm pretty sure the parents knew.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 13 November 2016 - 05:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (NightTinkerer @ 28 July 2012 - 04:10 PM)
Since I'm still suffering from a cold ala "Blowout" (my poor neighbors, for the last 24 hours I've been sneezing so loud!) I've started re-watching the MacGyver episodes all over again (I did it rather recently, for those of you who haven't seen my introduction post at the reception lounge).

Hopefully, I'll be recovered way before I'm through, but in the meantime, since I'm pretty house bound, I'll throw another MacGyver marathon and add some thoughts (and votes) along the way, starting with the pilot.

I really liked the opening gambit, the gun firing aside. (In fact, I'm rather fond of all of the opening gambits, but I'll discuss them separately).

I don't know whether it was a deliberate move from the filmmakers, but having Mac climbing that nightmare of a cliff is a heck of a way to introduce a guy who's supposed to be so afraid of heights! I can't help wondering if they just forgot about it or wanted to show us that he is the kind of person that will face his fears.

I also noticed that after he rips up his flannel shirt, he's wearing this undershirt with a wide open neck, something rarely seen after the first/second season, where he often buttons his shirts all the way up, and you don't often see him shirtless. I know part of the reason is probably weather/temperature related as they switched shooting locations, but it definitely seems like that aspect was toned down along with the decreasing numbers of girlfriends and romantic interests.

We don't often see him shirtless. Kind of a pity, as I think reasonably muscular arms look good (on women or on men). but maybe someone thought he had too many scars on his arms.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 17 October 2018 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners

I voted excellent - I love the pilot. Yes, there are a few rough edges, the silly red hat on a stealth mission, an thicker Mac accent, almost too much voice over, the gun shooting - but it also establishes the character and series well, has a a good intro and suspenseful plot, lots of macgyverisms, and as pilots go it's a really strong episode! Nice having Pete in it, even as someone else. I can see why they picked him up.

As far as the heights issue, he goes climbing quite a lot, Widowmaker, Eagles, so although he doesn't like them, he certainly doesn't hold back from them!

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
STACE_MAC
Posted on 21 July 2019 - 03:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:KILL ZONE

Hi all!

Have you seen that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiIwdUvO3c

In the past another fan posted part of the Czech version of the pilot, but now we can see some new differences from the "official worldwide version"!

At the opening, for few seconds, there is a different background music of Randy Edelman,i love that little part of the theme, more heroical.

I'd like to watch the entire episode. Probably this copy of the pilot was an unofficial version never aired in the rest of the world, and I think maybe of 90 minutes.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 22 July 2019 - 02:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

We have a whole discussion about that pentagon scene from when Reptile originally uploaded it for us.

It's a pretty interesting discussion....

http://www.macgyveronline.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2853

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
STACE_MAC
Posted on 23 July 2019 - 12:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:KILL ZONE

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 22 July 2019 - 10:22 PM)
We have a whole discussion about that pentagon scene from when Reptile originally uploaded it for us.

It's a pretty interesting discussion....

http://www.macgyveronline.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2853

Hi,
thank you for reply!
I read the discussion, it is a pretty old post, and the clip was removed from this site.

I'm referring to a new video posted on youtube, and there are new parts of the episode shown with the differences illustrated by the author.
First of all, the different background music of Edelman at the beginning of the Opening Gambit.

Curiously, the is another episode that was directed by an "anonymous",as Alan Smithee: THE HEIST. The ttyle of directing,is similar to the pilot,but seems that Jerrold Freedman has worked only on the very fiirst adventure.
I'd like to know who is the real director of THE HEIST!! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll