Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I never found anything offensive at all in MacGyver. Why did Mac make his face black in the first place? Because he was taking the Baron's place. He couldn't go up there before adding the correct make-up or people would go: 'Hey, that's not the Baron.' His plan wouldn't have worked than.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 17 October 2016 - 04:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 15 October 2016 - 11:07 AM)
I never found anything offensive at all in MacGyver. Why did Mac make his face black in the first place? Because he was taking the Baron's place. He couldn't go up there before adding the correct make-up or people would go: 'Hey, that's not the Baron.' His plan wouldn't have worked than.

Yes, I agree that they got away with it. Normally, white actor blacking up is bad news, but I think people can make an exception for this.

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 12:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

QUOTE (RadiantRose @ 17 October 2016 - 04:30 AM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 15 October 2016 - 11:07 AM)

Yes, I agree that they got away with it. Normally, white actor blacking up is bad news, but I think people can make an exception for this.

Also it was like face paint inception, since there was white face on the black face? hmm.bmp Amazingly it gets a pass from me.

That said I HATE this episode, one of the few that gets a 1 from me.

I have no problem with Mac living in an ethnic neighborhood, but it's portrayed in such a fake over the top way, it just seems outrageously silly. Plus this is LA right? Not New Orleans or Miami?? A very odd demographic for LA.

I like the character of Mama (perhaps I just like the actress, her character is also over the top), but I am not a fan of cult/religious plot lines, and culture stereotyping.

After Mac gets away from Booker (sob), he doesn't call an ambulance or police or anything?? He knows where the girl is! He has a million charges he can bring! But he just goes back by himself, without much of a plan either.

Would they really go bury Mac before Mama had done the ritual? That was their leverage.

I really don't understand what happened to the writing in season 7, but this is the worst of the bunch I think.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 01:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Season 7 is pretty much the weakest season in the series. RDA offers some insight in interviews, but I think he was ready to move on and they were basically scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. Sadly, it happens to the best of shows. But there are several great episodes regardless.

But there is one redeeming scene in this episode... when MacGyver knocks the two guys out with the shovel, he loses his balance and nearly faceplants himself into the truck bumper. That scene in particular always cracks me up because Mac is such a klutz.

Lighten up on sauce Mac... laugh.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 02:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 22 October 2018 - 01:59 PM)
But there is one redeeming scene in this episode... when MacGyver knocks the two guys out with the shovel, he loses his balance and nearly faceplants himself into the truck bumper.  That scene in particular always cracks me up because Mac is such a klutz. 

Lighten up on sauce Mac... laugh.gif

Haha I thought they were doing that because he was still partially zombified...

That said, the one with Dent as a boxer, Mac is climbing down a pole and falls over at the bottom, which seemed completely unnecessary lol - I think whenever RDA would fall over, they would just leave it in as part of the character. He does end up sprawled out A LOT in the series! (although half the time from punching someone laugh.gif )

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 02:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I always liked this episode and think this is one of the darker episodes of that season. Funny, since the episode is fully set during the day. Mac's casket and truck escape is indeed a nice moment and I like the look into the Haitian mythology. Even though it may be poorly done and RDA looks worn out.

Plus this is LA right? Not New Orleans or Miami?? A very odd demographic for LA.

Yep, city of Angels. And the real L.A. not that fake L.A. from the reboot, nor it is Vancouver.

After Mac gets away from Booker (sob), he doesn't call an ambulance or police or anything?? He knows where the girl is! He has a million charges he can bring! But he just goes back by himself, without much of a plan either.

Datura leaves, besides the girl was in Mama's hands and yes he went back by himself without a plan as he always does and then improvise. That's what he does.

Would they really go bury Mac before Mama had done the ritual? That was their leverage.

Bad guys never keep their words. Mama was taken out before Samedi said they would bury Mac. So I guess they were planning on killing them anyway.

I really don't understand what happened to the writing in season 7, but this is the worst of the bunch I think.

Everybody was ready to move on. Also this episode was written by a one-time writer. Mark Rodgers only wrote this episode, he was never part of the actual writing team which hadn't changed since season 4.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 02:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Oh heck yeah. RDA is a klutz. There are a lot of stunts he did where he basically just falls over. I like that they kept it in though. Makes his character far more human.

Though RDA getting caught checking out an extra is always a funny catch. He does it several times in MacGyver and Stargate. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 03:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 22 October 2018 - 02:52 PM)
Oh heck yeah.  RDA is a klutz.  There are a lot of stunts he did where he basically just falls over.  I like that they kept it in though.  Makes his character far more human.

There are a lot of stunts he did where he basically just falls over. roller.gif

Though RDA getting caught checking out an extra is always a funny catch.  He does it several times in MacGyver and Stargate. lol

ohmy.gif

In a non-scripted way? I thought he was sort of meant to in the earlier seasons?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 22 October 2018 - 03:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 22 October 2018 - 06:05 PM)
Though RDA getting caught checking out an extra is always a funny catch.  He does it several times in MacGyver and Stargate. lol

ohmy.gif

In a non-scripted way? I thought he was sort of meant to in the earlier seasons?

Yeah, in a non-scripted way. RDA was kinda known for it. The one I remember the most was in Cleo Rocks when he was walking down the hallway with Penny. That was all RDA though... as proof, he does it here in this interview while he was on vacation... because he's a flirt.

We talked about this once before, but I don't remember what thread.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted on 11 October 2020 - 10:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

Is here is a very good episode, especially for the end of the series ... The theme of voodoo is very well exploited and explained. Maman Lauraine does her best here is a good ally for Mac. In addition are entitled to good music, action, pain for Mac (among other things) and DIY not huge but quite correct. Although it’s not the most popular episode with fans, it is definitely a must see. James Bond fans who love Live and Let Die, will be delighted, like me because despite the low budget next to this film, Mac succeeds very well in his mission ... Bravo 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted on 3 December 2020 - 09:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll