Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages, Nightmares
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I don't get the zombie craze either *scratches head*...or werewolves, or vampires, or who knows what's next. XD No offense to anyone who enjoys that kind of thing. smile.gif

MDB: I enjoyed "The Prometheus Syndrome" too, but you're right, I miss the houseboat too.

I haven't seen "MacGyver's Women" yet. hmm.bmp

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
BrakeFluid
Posted: 3 July 2013 - 07:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: An old one. :)

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Outsiders
Vehicle: Truck
House:  Loft

The one about Lisa's drinking problem. No matter how much older I get, watching that one feels like I'm back in that assembly we all had in high school with the guy who killed his own kid in a DUI wreck preaching to us to never, ever touch a beer or we'll ruin our lives too.

I actually like "MacGyver's Women", but I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who does. As for "The Coltons," I don't really consider that a MacGyver episode at all. But if I did, that'd probably be the worst.

They've got guns. All I have is orange juice and a rope...

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 11 July 2013 - 09:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Daisy8577 @ 4 June 2013 - 02:59 AM)
Not much good stuff on TV these days.

I think TV has actually gotten better than it was in the 80s. The production values, acting and writing tend to be much better these days.

I watched the first season of "Walking Dead," and even though I'm not into zombies, I thought the show was really well done. I should watch the other seasons one of these days. I'm currently watching "Breaking Bad," which is excellent. "Mad Men" is another really well made show, as is "Homeland." Going back a bit, "24" was a great action show (and I'm really excited that they're bringing it back!!), and I thoroughly enjoyed "Lost," in spite of a few bumps along the way.
So there's definitely some good stuff out there! I think the main difference is that the shows have become a bit more mature. There's maybe less good stuff out there for kids, which is a shame.

Back on topic...
My least favorite episodes. Hmm.. It's been a while since I watched the series, but here are some that come to mind, in no particular order:

-Honest Abe: I don't think this requires any explanation.

-MacGyver's Women: Such a disappointment after "Serenity"

-Good Knight, MacGyver: (1) it was a dream, which is lame, and (2) I actually felt embarassed for the cast. The whole thing was just staggeringly corny.

-Split Decision

-Thin Ice: Seemed too self-indulgent, and I just didn't care about the plot.

-Target MacGyver: I guess this one isn't too bad... at least it falls into the "so bad it's funny" category.

-Friends: Bleh, a recap episode.

-Twenty Questions: Felt like an after-school special. And pitting Mac against a bunch of highschool kids? Seriously?

-Harry's Will: I have no idea what they were all smoking when they made this episode, but I do know it was some POWERFUL stuff!

-Hindsight: Bleh, another recap episode.

-Deadly Silents: "The brainy dude!" Enough said.

-Off The Wall: Can't remember much about it, other than that I didn't like it.

Wasn't there also an episode in which Mac was a race-car driver? I didn't like that one either. Just like "Thin Ice," it felt too self-indulgent, and also a bit too random.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 July 2013 - 10:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Interesting there is a show called The Walking Dead and we have our own Walking Dead episode. biggrin.gif

What that episode is concerned, it's one of my favorites of the seventh season. I think it's one of the harder episodes. Also I read something about zombies on wiki a while back. They say the origin of the 'zombie' lays somewhere in the vodoun religion. Actually forget what George A. Romero did with zombies in his movies. The way it's presented in the Mac-episode comes close to what I've read. Zombies are in fact soulless peoples serving their masters. Just what Cherine was supposed to become. At least that's what I read, 'but those are myths. Ar- aren't they? unsure.gif ' Maybe we just have to open our minds. nasty.gif

Now back on topic: Thief of Budapest, Ugly Duckling, To Be A Man, The Escape Twice Stung, Jenny's Chance, The Lost Amadeus, MacGyver's Women, Split Decision are amongst my least favorite episodes.

Some though I've learned to appreciate like The Prodigal, Fire and Ice, Deep Cover, Deadly Silents... Just like MacJackson I was never into sting episodes. I think the best one was Fire and Ice.

Earlier this year I watched the series mixed and it might be odd but by getting older, I understand some episodes better than when growing up. This mostly with Live and Learn and Twenty Questions. It's like been there done that. In my case Live and Learn.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
sonyab1974
Posted: 20 July 2013 - 03:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I HATED MacGyver's Women!!! All they did was man bash, and Macgyver bash! What the hell?! That episode should never be shown again.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sonyab1974
Posted: 20 July 2013 - 03:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MDBfan @ 29 May 2013 - 12:40 AM)
"MacGyver's Women" was a disappointment. However, I like the Western setting and MacGyver looks cute with a mustache.

Yes! I loved the Western part of the episode. smile.gif So we can fast forward the beginning part, and the end part, and enjoy the Western part. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 20 July 2013 - 04:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

Actually, I quite liked MacGyver's Women, it was one of the first episodes I ever saw. It's not the best episode, but I don't think it's the worst. The same goes for The Lost Amadeus... MacG.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Matrix
Posted: 20 July 2013 - 05:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Passages

My Least Favorite Episodes? hmm.bmp

Thief of Budapest
Flames End
Every Time She Smiles
Ugly Duckling
Slow Death
The Escape
Twice Stung
The Road Not Taken
Soft Touch
Friends
For Love or Money
Thin Ice
Second Chance
The Lost Amadeus
Twenty Questions
MacGyver's Women
Hind Sight
Honest Abe
The Hood
The Coltons
Good Knight MacGyver
Split Decision
Off the Wall
The Mountain of Youth

"Great thing about a map, it can get you in and out of places a lot of different ways." - MacGyver (The Gauntlet)

"When James Bond gets an assignment, it's on the Riviera. Me, I end up eighty miles past nowhere." - MacGyver (The Human Factor)

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
GO BUNNY!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 20 July 2013 - 05:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

Deadly Silents (really can't stand this episode)
Walking Dead
Harry's Will
The Coltons
Honest Abe
To Be a Man.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 21 July 2013 - 11:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

I'm not a big fan of Legend of the Holy Rose part 2, but least favourites for me have to be the couple in the first season where they used big chunks of footage from other films. Thief of Budapest used the Mini chases from The Italian Job and another one (forget which now) used a lot of Funeral in Berlin. It's the one with the coffin-jetski anyway. Recognising a bit of something else spliced into the episode takes me clean out of the story at hand mad.gif
Interesting that they seem to poach most from Michael Caine films...

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 25 July 2013 - 12:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

My least favorites (in no particular order):

Lost Amadeus- Lulu makes Penny look like a freaking genius... ugh
Deadly Silents- Pinky is just ANNOYING!
The Penny Parker episodes, with the exception of Secret of Parker House and Cleo Rocks... the latter mostly because it's a Murdoc episode. Oh, and Penny's OK in Friends, too.
The "dream sequence"/alternate reality/undercover episodes, with the exception of Passages... not sure why, just don't care for them
Honest Abe- Abe was funny for maybe two minutes, then he *really* wore on me!

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 September 2013 - 01:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

Truth be told, the best episodes were of Mac in the DXS. Flowing into the Phoenix Foundation, Mac started to slowly take on less "Bond" style missions and more proactive duties for the envrionment. Toward the 7th season, Mac's adventures were not as great as they used to be.

Yes, the infamous Coltons episode was a disappointment. Further to that, Trail to Doomsday movie as also terrible. If I had to endessly watch episodes from a particular season, I would probably choose the early seasons.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 9 October 2013 - 09:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling

The Madonna from season 5 ....holy jesus..

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RyLo10
Posted: 14 May 2014 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Widowmaker

I'm hard pressed to pick one. But there aren't that many that I don't like. I seriously watch episodes from every season regularly. "The Coltons" really doesn't bother me that much. And "MacGyver's Women" is ok. But some I don't like are "Harry's Will" (Ridiculous characters and terrible acting. Thought it was going to be promising with Henry Winkler at the beginning but nope.) "There But For the Grace" (Has a nice message but is very boring.) "The Mountain of Youth" (Not entirely sure why I dislike this episode. Mac and Jack back together again after a long time. Should be good. I just don't like it. The whole Kabulstan setting bothers me.) And there's probably a couple episodes from season 2 I don't care for but can't think of them. Other than that, I can watch pretty much any episode on any disc I pop in the dvd player.

"How do you come up with this stuff?" - Lisa Woodman
"The stuff's already here. I just come up with a different way to use it." - MacGyver

"Remember me, MacGyver? When last we parted, I had a couple of broken bones and you left me with a whole lot of burnt flesh!" - Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 May 2014 - 06:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

There But For The Grace is not so bad at all. It's a little more depressing though. The Mountain of Youth well is set in a fictional country, just like some others like Black Rhino, it's indeed not exactly specified where Kabulstan is located. Supposed to be in a tropical area. I think the military aspect adds to the adventure.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 16 May 2014 - 03:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ 3 June 2013 - 05:14 PM)
Walking Dead vs. Mac would be awesome! I'm afraid he'd have to quickly change his mind about firearms though. Or maybe not.

Maybe not firearms, but definitely killing. Although technically they are already dead so...hmm.bmp

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 May 2014 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Might be interesting to find out which MacGyverisms he would do to defeat actual zombies. Zombie bodies are I think much softer than human bodies so probably something with considerable force might take their heads off anyway. There you have your MacGyverness and gore in one.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
cirubit
Posted: 17 May 2014 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: various

Favorites
Episode:phoenix under siege

The worst episodes, for me, are:

THE MADONNA

THIN ICE

EARLY RETIREMENT

(Those episodes don't have Macgyverisms)

THE SPLIT DECISON

Probably the worst, ever!

I like HONEST ABE, THREE FOR THE ROAD and others instead you don't like.

MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 May 2014 - 04:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Madonna (weights for wheels)

Thin Ice (fixed Mr. Kirby's machine)

Early Retirement (smoke screen in train car)

Simple, quick fixes but MacGyverisms nonetheless.

Can't agree more on Split Decision though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
cirubit
Posted: 18 May 2014 - 12:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: various

Favorites
Episode:phoenix under siege

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 18 May 2014 - 12:50 PM)
The Madonna (weights for wheels)

Thin Ice (fixed Mr. Kirby's machine)

Early Retirement (smoke screen in train car)

Simple, quick fixes but MacGyverisms nonetheless.

Can't agree more on Split Decision though.

Yes, but I want to see episodes with many macgyverisms, end except in EARLY RETIREMENT, those tricks are useless about the plot!

macgybl
Posted: 18 May 2014 - 05:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:The Survivors

Trumbo's World (The ants footage gives me the chills)

To Be a man. (Horrible ADR)

The Wish Child

Birthday
Mask of Wolf
Murderes Sky
Secret of Parker House
Ma Dalton
Cleo Rocks
Runners
Black Rhino
Two Times Trouble
Most of Season 6 and 7

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
John Litteral
Posted: 21 May 2014 - 05:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Victorianox

Favorites
Episode:changes often

I dont think there is an episode that I dislike. Thief of Budapest is one that sort of bores me but I still like it. The first season is probably my least favorite because Mac's character had not yet developed and was too smooth. I like later when we see his side that gets annoyed and frustrated at times.

I do have scenes that I hate and at the top of my list is in Squeeze Play when he throws the ball for Novis and knocks the sign down to stop the bad guy. I also cant stand yhat stupid bear joke in (cant remember the name of episode) and the girl says "thats an old joke" and he says "im an old boyfriend". Makes me want to puke everytime.

He who is self taught is better off; yet on the otherhand, he does well when he listens to those who speak rightly. Aristotle Ethics

Joe SAKic
Posted: 21 May 2014 - 07:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

I'll have to go with - The Lost Amadeus. It's not that is was so bad, it's just that the script had sooo much potential ... and then there was Lulu and all that slapstick. It could/should/would of in a perfect MacGyver world have more appropriate guest casting and with a more serious/cultured/sexy tone. They really missed the boat on this opportunity.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 May 2014 - 09:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (John Litteral @ 22 May 2014 - 02:32 AM)
I dont think there is an episode that I dislike. Thief of Budapest is one that sort of bores me but I still like it. The first season is probably my least favorite because Mac's character had not yet developed and was too smooth. I like later when we see his side that gets annoyed and frustrated at times.

I do have scenes that I hate and at the top of my list is in Squeeze Play when he throws the ball for Novis and knocks the sign down to stop the bad guy. I also cant stand yhat stupid bear joke in (cant remember the name of episode) and the girl says "thats an old joke" and he says "im an old boyfriend". Makes me want to puke everytime.

Squeeze Play was more like: 'Yeah, right!' How about just knocking the ball over the scoreboard instead and make it land on the car?

The episode you're talking about is The Endangered. I think it wasn't so bad, there's a lot cheesier stuff in it like Penny's forced crying and screaming.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 4 June 2014 - 03:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week

MacGyver's Women and that other episode in which he dreamed about being in the wild west. Must have been so crap I forgot the name.

And any episode in which we have nothing but flashbacks. Like 'Friends'. Dreadful.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 4 June 2014 - 06:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

I have to admit that I have not yet attempted to watch Good Knight MacGyver - Part 2 ... that's because the flowery lines and lack of action in Part 1 has put me to snore - the three times I tried to watch it. laugh.gif I haven't given up entirely on it yet though .... and will try, try again!

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 June 2014 - 10:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Makedde @ 4 June 2014 - 12:09 PM)
MacGyver's Women and that other episode in which he dreamed about being in the wild west. Must have been so crap I forgot the name.

And any episode in which we have nothing but flashbacks. Like 'Friends'. Dreadful.

Serenity is one of the best episodes in the fifth season.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 4 June 2014 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

.... I'll second that!

MiracleMac
Posted: 8 June 2014 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling

Definetly The Madonna and Target MacGyver.

In Target MacGyver the bad guys shooted everything which exploded, it somehow looked ridicilous, and the bullets didn't made holes to that small tin grill... oh my god doh.gif just probably bad acting.

In Madonna, I think, I missed some kind of action, because I've get used to it, that every episode will have it, but the way and the story was different so thats why, it was that kind of what it was.

I also didn't liked those dream episodes like Goodknight MacGyver and Serenity, those Native American episodes were fine, like Trail Of Tears.

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 June 2014 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Madonna is kind of cheesy in my opinion. But I think it's because it's the Christmas episode.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll