Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

Okay, I just was thinking about this the other day. Just for fun, I thought I'd try to think of a good MacGyver episode for different holidays throughout the year.
Most of this is just off the top of my head, so I probably forgot some or may have listed holidays in the wrong month- sorry about that.
Add some or make your own list! smile.gif

January- New Year's Eve/New Year's Day

If you want to do the last/first thing, you could watch "The Stringer" New Year's Eve and then start out the new year fresh with the "Pilot". Or for new beginnings in general, I also think of "Hind-Sight", "Final Approach" and "The 'Hood"

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (it's Jan. 15- but I keep thinking Feb. probably because that's Black history month)-
definitely "The Challenge"

February- Groundhog Day
"Gold Rush" comes to mind, just because of all the snow of winter and the whole scene at the end with MacGyver and Natalie, as they are able to mend their friendship and things warm up with them- just makes me think of spring coming and melting the snow.

Valentine's Day- I have to go with "MacGyver's Women" on this one! biggrin.gif

Abraham Lincoln and George Washington's birthdays (commonly known as "Presidents' Day")-
"Serenity" (especially thinking of the statement against racism this episode makes- though not as strongly as "The Challenge"- also I love MacGyver's quote- "I believe that's how the world gets better- one person at a time.")
Also "The Ten Percent Solution"

March- St. Patrick's Day- um, "The Road Not Taken" and "Bushmaster" (MacGyver's wearing green in these! wink.gif )

April- April Fool's Day- "Harry's Will" seems like a good choice!

Good Friday and Easter- (either in March or April)- I can maybe see "Jack of Lies" or "Humanity" as good choices. It's probably a bit of a stretch, but I can kind of see Jack and Victor as Christ figures who demonstrate self-sacrifice and in Jack's case, a Resurrection.

Earth Day (April 22)- probably "Kill Zone" or "The Spoilers"
Arbor Day (somewhere around April)- "Log Jam"

May- Mother's Day (whichever episode your mom likes best, of course! biggrin.gif )

June- Father's Day (whichever episode your dad likes best, of course! biggrin.gif )

July- Independence Day (July 4 for America)
-"Thief of Budapest" comes to mind because MacGyver helps free Yanna and her family in a sense- and I love that quote- "Some people are scared of anyone who runs free."
Also "The Golden Triangle" as MacGyver sets Burmese people free from a dictator who ruled from afar. (Much like America broke from King George's dictatorship from a far distance in the Revolutionary War.)
And definitely "The Ten Percent Solution"

August- ? - Maybe for end of summer and back to school- "Live and Learn"
and also "Honest Abe"- for one last Caribbean vacation to soak up the sun!

September- Labor Day - there may be better examples but the most I can think of is "Live and Learn", just because of the lesson in there about getting a good education to get a good job, and then you can appreciate Labor Day!
I especially think of what MacGyver says about if you're really happy with being a construction worker, that's fine- that's no crime. But if you wake up 5 or 10 years later wondering what could have been, that is a crime!

And "Unfinished Business" also came to mind, mainly because of Jack's usual lack of employment that's mentioned in this episode. "Most people go out and work for a living instead of dragging their friends from one disaster to another."- MacGyver biggrin.gif

October- Halloween - well, obviously, since it was marketed as such- "The Secret of Parker House" and also "Halloween Knights". There's probably a few others that have a bit of a spooky feel that could be thrown in here- perhaps "Ghost Ship" or "Walking Dead"

November- Thanksgiving - first one that comes to mind has to be "The Outsiders"
"I died...and went to Thanksgiving?"- MacGyver laugh.gif
Also, perhaps "Final Approach" (as the kids learn to be thankful for each other and have to depend on each other to get home) and also "There But for the Grace"

Veteran's Day (and also Memorial Day, which falls in May)-
only thing I can really think of is "The Spoilers", since it deals with a Vietnam veteran (of course, MacGyver's one too)
Perhaps also "Renegade"? Maybe "Easy Target"- as I think of MacGyver and Pete ensuring people's freedom against terrorists.
And maybe "The Prometheus Syndrome", as I think of that guy who was killed in the line of duty.

December- Christmas- well, of course- "The Madonna" smile.gif

And for whenever your birthday falls - "Friends"

yes, I think it's safe to say, MacGyver is a man for all seasons! duct.gif sak.gif

PM                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 26 August 2007 - 06:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

It looks like you put a lot of work into considering different episodes for different times of the year. I've never gone that in depth, but generally I will watch a Mac episode based on a theme or time of year sometimes, as well.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 26 August 2007 - 08:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Like I said, it was just something I thought of for fun- besides, I like the song! (as heard in Rowan Atkinson's "Johnny English" biggrin.gif laugh.gif )

I guess you can think of it as a MacGyver one-year viewing plan! smile.gif

(Of course, you can fill in the other days will all the other episodes and TV-movies!) wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 01:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

That's clever thinking MacGyver!
I like that idea!

Hmmz, I wonder what episode would my situation best right now biggrin.gif

MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 03:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Nice thinking.

October- Halloween - well, obviously, since it was marketed as such- "The Secret of Parker House" and also "Halloween Knights". There's probably a few others that have a bit of a spooky feel that could be thrown in here- perhaps "Ghost Ship" or "Walking Dead"

I second this.

December- Christmas- well, of course- "The Madonna" 

And those as well.

Valentine's Day- I have to go with "MacGyver's Women" on this one! 

puke.gif I think The Negotiator is better for this. Sure they love each other at first but in the end they kill each other.

Passages on All Saints Day.

Sometimes it depends on what my moods are.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 09:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I think The Negotiator is better for this. Sure they love each other at first but in the end they kill each other.

Yeah, I thought about that one...but thought it might be a bit morbid for Valentine's Day! laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 10:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 27 August 2007 - 07:04 PM)
I think The Negotiator is better for this. Sure they love each other at first but in the end they kill each other.

Yeah, I thought about that one...but thought it might be a bit morbid for Valentine's Day! laugh.gif

I like morbid. tongue.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 27 August 2007 - 12:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 26 August 2007 - 03:06 PM)

Fantastic list! You obviously put a lot of thought into it, with excellent results!

Now that I have this ep on DVD, I make it a point to watch it on Mac's and my birthday. smile.gif

Mac
the über geek

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll