Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

"MacGyver: The Escape Room Game" is a multi-scenario escape room in a box. Players need to use the tools they're given to solve the puzzles and diffuse the bombs - all leading up to a final scenario that will require everything they've learned to stop Murdoc's plans!

Material: Cardboard, plastic, cardstock, polyester, paper, metal
Type of Game: Family games
Playing Time: 30-40 Minutes
Includes: Game board, game pieces, cards, card holder, paper sleeve, string
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Assembly Details: No assembly required
Suggested Age: 8 Years and Up
Language:English
Number of Players: 2-4 Players
TCIN: 53263500
UPC: 021853022513
Item Number (DPCI): 087-10-3734

This game was originally exclusive to Target stores in the US but is now available on Amazon.com

The note on the back is interesting, if not a little disappointing, saying it can only be played once due to the requirement of having to destroy certain playing pieces as part of the game however as you'll see in the below reviews this isn't strictly true if you use a little MacGyvering. wink.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 04:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Just imagine this for the consoles. MacGyver on PS4 or Xbox. happy_dance.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 06:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Don't get me started MacGod... XD

@MacOnline - Seems like there's one in stock right now. It was sold out this morning when I checked it. I'm sure it won't last long though. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beaum2000
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 09:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

Nice Find!

It says shipping is not available and every store around me is out of stock! I guess I could make an account and have them notify me when they have it for shipping. I would buy it if only given the chance...

I would love a Macgyver video game! Even if it was based on the new series as it most definitely would be...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 30 July 2018 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

I'm more of a video game player. But it does look fun! smile.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 12:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: EvoGrip S557

Favorites
Episode:

Even though the website said it didn't have any in stock I popped into my local target. They had 5 or 6 copies on the shelf. Each mission can only be played once. It looks like you need to play them in order too. I will try to play later this weekend with my family and let you know what I think.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 12:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

That would be awesome.

If you can give us some more information/details about the game that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 01:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

I opened the box. It contains 5 sealed mission pouches, and 1 utility bag that is an empty pouch that looks kind of like his bag in the original series pilot. It also has an instruction card. It uses a website that helps guide you in what to look for next, provide hints, and act as the timer. It says you must acquire certain tools in 1-3 in order to complete 4 and 5. They recommend having a piece of paper, a writing utensil, a player who has passed third grade math, and scissors. The website you use is www.macgyvergame.com. it looks like you can play on easy (no timer), normal (75 min.), or hard (45 min.) For each mission. Hope that helps.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 01:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks!!

Interesting that the note on the back says you can only play the game once due to having to tear and fold playing pieces... talk about a money grab by CBS!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 05:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

I'm going to check out Target here....I hope there's s supply!!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 1 August 2018 - 04:19 PM)
Thanks!!

Interesting that the note on the back says you can only play the game once due to having to tear and fold playing pieces... talk about a money grab by CBS!

Well, well! I doubt I'll be spending cash on that, then. Unless there's some kind of replacement or something. dry.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 August 2018 - 07:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I would suggest making replacements for the pieces, but it kinda sounds like there's only one way to solve the puzzle and once you've done it the fun's kind of over.

It's not really a board game in the sense that it can be different every time you play it.... there's not even a board actually... laugh.gif

Having said that though.. there are 5 separate "missions" which sound like separate games that lead on to each other, so you at least get 5 games out of it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 2 August 2018 - 07:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 1 August 2018 - 10:55 PM)
I would suggest making replacements for the pieces, but it kinda sounds like there's only one way to solve the puzzle and once you've done it the fun's kind of over.

It's not really a board game in the sense that it can be different every time you play it.... there's not even a board actually... laugh.gif

Having said that though.. there are 5 separate "missions" which sound like separate games that lead on to each other, so you at least get 5 games out of it.

True. Guess it kinda depends how much it costs.

PM                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 2 August 2018 - 10:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

It was 29.99 off the shelf. I enjoy escape rooms and figured that is about the price of admission for one person at a normal escape room. This says each mission is about an hour long and suggests up to four players. So I figured 5 hours for 4 individuals was alright if it is fun. That is how I justified the purchase. I will just have to see how it plays out to see if I was justified in thinking that way.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 August 2018 - 11:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I decided against buying it simply because it'll just sit in a closet and collect dust. I would rather other fans buy it that have a way to play it with others. My friends aren't as big of MacGyver fans as I am. XD I'm a bit on my own here.

It does look like it would be fun though! Of course, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from humming off the theme song as I play it. lolz

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 3 August 2018 - 11:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

I had time to play the first mission tonight. I played with two others. We tried to complete it on Hard but didn't quite finish in time. I would say we finished it in about 55 minutes. The website doesn't do anything if the timer gets to 0, so it's not like it locks you out of your game if you don't make it. It does have a screen at the end that shows how many incorrect guesses you tried though. There were some callbacks to the original TV series. While there isn't much reason to replay it yourself after you've finished, at least for this first mission, everything can be used again. So if you were hosting friends and wanted to let them try it out they could. I will try to get a few more missions played later today.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 3 August 2018 - 11:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Good one.

Thanks for the update.

Hows the game-play work.. is there some kind of board or something for each room?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 4 August 2018 - 05:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

It has an X shaped card and each of the parts are folded to the center and sealed with a sticker. The website tells you what the current puzzle is with some brief instructions, a hint button if you need it, and in most cases a text box with a submit button. You can not progress to the next puzzle unless you have submitted a correct solution. If you submit the correct solution, it tells you which sticker to open and which of the pouches you need to open next. Each of the pouches contains pieces that will be required for solving a puzzle. the first mission had 6 puzzles that needed to be solved to finish and 1 item that you use for a puzzle and carry with you in your satchel after the mission. I thought it was interesting how they incorporated some of the puzzles into previous things Mac did in the series, and I think fans will appreciate these small nods to the original.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 August 2018 - 06:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

that's awesome. Thanks for the explanation.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 5 August 2018 - 08:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Possible its limited play-ability is the reason for this games silent run.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Avilos
Posted: 6 August 2018 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I was surprised to see this in Target a week ago. I would probably never play it so did not buy it... yet. It was such a pleasant surprise to see anything Macgyver in the Toy department and tied to the original show. When was the last time that happened? There was little merchandise when the show aired? This not really a collectible more aimed at kids. Or parents of kids who grew up on the show.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 6 August 2018 - 11:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

I played two more missions over the weekend. These two didn't have any call backs to the series that I remember. I believe they each had six puzzles you had to solve. We tried to figure it out on medium this time. I believe we were 2 minutes past the 75 on mission 2, and we easily cleared the 75 minutes on 3. Some of the puzzles are tough. I think an aspect I like about this is that you aren't competing against the others in the group and this game makes you think as opposed to perhaps getting a lucky roll of the dice. I haven't had to vandalize any of the game pieces yet, so another group could potentially play missions 1-3 again. So far I have had a much more enjoyable time with this game than when compared to the "Macgyver" mobile game from a few years back.

Edit: one piece did require a bit of bending. I understood what it was supposed to do though and didn't bend it too badly. If you do bend it substantially it should be a piece relatively easy to photocopy and replace.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 14 August 2018 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

I tried to play mission 4 this past weekend. Unfortunately it seems to be a little broken. Normally when you guess a wrong solution it stays on the same page and says that you have been penalized 1 minute of your overall time. After entering our passcode it progressed to another screen but it was empty except for the timer that was still counting down. This leads me to believe we entered the right code, but it was linked to an incomplete page. I e-mailed the company on Saturday but have not yet received a response. This mission does have a piece that could easily be destroyed in the process, but I had the right tool for the job in my SAK. sakopen.gif I will keep you posted on any responses.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 August 2018 - 09:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks again for the updates.

Really appreciate you taking the time to post how this game plays.

Thumbup-with SAK-50x54.png

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
fcatlanta
Posted: 20 August 2018 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Has anyone played this game through all five scenarios? We're on the final phase and having trouble with one of the puzzles.

InVader
Posted: 20 August 2018 - 04:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (fcatlanta @ 21 August 2018 - 06:30 AM)
Has anyone played this game through all five scenarios? We're on the final phase and having trouble with one of the puzzles.

I started the finale this last weekend, but we didn't have time to finish it. I think we made it to puzzle 5 before we had to stop.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 21 August 2018 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

Ok, so I finished the game this morning. The company never contacted me in return about mission 4, but it does appear that the broken web page has now been fixed. The last puzzle of mission 4 will require you to destroy a piece but I didn't have a problem just making a two sided copy of it first. The grand finale was fun until the last two puzzles for me. The second to last puzzle gave me the worst time. Even after having the solution, I was not able to figure out how they got the solution that they did. The hints for this puzzle have broken image links. I was able to recreate two of the solutions for it, but not in the order that they suggested. The final puzzle just left a lot to be desired in my opinion. The finale mission broke away from the concept of having an X shaped folded card to help guide you. I feel, perhaps, that that was a mistake. Often times I needed information from both the website and the card to help guide me to what they wanted me to do in the other missions. I think of all of the missions, I enjoyed the second one the most.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 August 2018 - 03:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

@InVader... would be interested to hear your reactions to this guys comments.

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
InVader
Posted: 27 August 2018 - 01:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

I used both a phone and tablet. I didn't have any issues using those with the website. The difficulty of the puzzles varies within missions, there were some we figured out in a few minutes but then there were a few that you spend 20 or 30 minutes trying to solve. I enjoyed it myself thru the first 3 missions. It wasn't a let down until on 4 when we had that webpage not work, but it is working now so people shouldn't be having issues with 4 anymore. I agree that it can be tough to understand what you need to do. That is why I had an issue with the finale not having a cross folding card. Usually you can figure out what to do between the card and website. There was one puzzle in mission three that wasn't super obvious on how to solve it exactly but the answer was pretty obvious if just looked it from a boggle perspective. The issue I had was with the grand finale. I still insist that the answer you enter for the second to last puzzle is incorrect and have not been able to recreate it even knowing the answer. The final puzzle was ok, but it was quite the letdown just because it was the final puzzle. If it had been placed elsewhere it would have been fine, but I would have been happier if the final puzzle was a bit more...complex or require some more ingenuity.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 11 September 2018 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Here's a great look at how the game works and the pieces involved.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll