Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I don't think theres a person in the word who can forget Sept 11, 2001... The day the world changed.

If you feel so inclined, this thread is here for you to post any thoughts, feelings, memories, etc you might like to share with the rest of the community about this event.

user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 10 September 2008 - 08:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I was at work when this happened. I remember watching TV through the morning, as footage capturing the terrible events were forwarded and released.

It was unreal. It was the first time I had felt real fear since I was a little kid.

I remember. mellow.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 10 September 2008 - 09:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I remember exactly where I was when I first heard the news. I was in my car, driving to work, I can even remember exactly where I was, which corner I had just driven around.

I rang my parents and told them to turn on the TV because America was being attacked.

As I kept driving and listening to the reports, I remember hearing a report saying that the attacks where being called an act of war and the thought ran through my head "Is this how world war 3 starts?"

When I got to work everyone was talking about it. I spent the majority of my day watching news reports and following the news web sites.

I refer to Sept 11 as the day the world changed because it has effected the whole world.

The death and destruction of that day just blows my mind. I try to avoid thinking about it for very long because it's such a dark hole and doesn't lead anywhere good.

So much death.. for the worst possible reason. sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 September 2008 - 01:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I just made into the 9th grade than and was finishing up one of the very first days.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 11 September 2008 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

It’s hard for me to write about that day, because I can very easily get angry and political about the long-term aftermath. I’ll try to stop before I head that way.

I had just finished a temporary work contract, and I was at home. I generally don’t watch TV or listen to the radio; I heard about it when a friend of mine, who knows that I don’t, called me to tell me. This may seem strange, but I still didn’t turn on the TV or the radio; I’m just not used to getting information that way. I went out and got a copy of the special edition of the paper, and read about it. And I went online to connect with the community I was involved with at the time.

That community is my strongest memory of that time. It was large and international group, and the support and concern and caring that poured in from around the world was amazing and intensely moving. We hung around online as various members from the New York and DC areas checked in to say they were all right, and then hung around some more to reassure each other that the world would be all right, somehow.

Another odd element of my own perspective is that I have spent my entire adult life knowing that there were people in the world who, without ever meeting me, hated me enough to want me dead; and I had to adjust to the fact that, although most of the world grows up knowing that, most of the US does not. Or did not. I watched my friends lose a level of innocence that I had almost forgotten ever having had.

And in mid-October, I started my current job – working for an investment advisor. It wasn’t the best time to start a new career in the financial industry; or maybe it was. One of my new firm’s clients died on 9/11, and the overall atmosphere of mourning touched every corner of the industry. I certainly hadn’t expected that my experience in bereavement counseling would have any part to play in my new career – heaven knows I wasn’t about to put it on my resume! – but it did prove to be a help.

I think I'll stop now.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Tal
Posted: 12 September 2008 - 02:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here's a tribute I made after the events - I still remember watching live on tv as it all unfolded, I actually posted some of the very first iamges online because I was watching tv through my computer - I captured an image and posted it to a forum saying to people - is this a hoax...... it affected me deeply - which is why I made this - I'd had enough of seeing the buildings collapsing and the horror of it all...

Here's what I wrote when I sent the page out to my contact list

When the terrorist attacks against America began, I watched in shock and felt deeply the loss of so many innocent lives. I felt pain at the unspeakable horrors that took place and wondered how could this happen? Who could do these things?

I know that I am not the only one struggling with my emotions as we remember what took place.

Here in Australia I didn't feel removed from what happed, I felt grieved by it and like many, felt hopeless to do anything to aid those who were suffering.

We all saw too much of the devastation of these events, constantly repeated in the media, to the point where many of us could stand it no more, and now it's happening all over again.

In the days that followed September 11, I needed to find a way to grieve, to let out the emotions that were building up inside. I put together a tribute, it doesn't have any pictures of horror, no planes or burning buildings. Instead it has pictures that show how people have been brought together from all places, in all situations, of all faiths to support those who lost so much. Doing this helped me to grieve, I hope that in some small way it may help you too.

Let us remember though, that acts of terrorism occur every day, and thousands of lives are lost in countries around the world every year through the hatred and misunderstanding of others. There is no denying that the events of September 11 2001 were horrific and unimaginable but let us grieve also, for the lives of other innocents that are lost every year.

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 12 September 2008 - 02:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Very nice tribute Tal.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sharjan
Posted: 14 September 2008 - 07:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Just about all of them
Jacket:  Brown bomber

It is still hard to believe that human beings can continue to do things like this to each other.

Tal, very beautifully done, a lovely tribute.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 23 December 2018 - 07:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

I was in Colombia, South America. I had just crossed the Venezuelan border town of San Antonio de Táchira in to Cucuta on September 9th. My mom came to visit me and had made it back to the US on September 10th. The family I was staying with told me to come quickly. At first it looked like a bad movie. The picture was grainy and audio was poor. We checked all of the news channels and footage was on each one. I called home. My brother answered and he told me that it was true, that one tower was hit. A few minutes in to call the line went dead. I tried to call again. The call would not go through. Two more days went by before I could make it back to Venezuela. I still could not get contact them by phone. Email was the only way I could reach my family.

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll