Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Yesterday I heard on the radio (I'll send in the radio interview asap) that a Belgian actor appears to be a major fan of MacGyver and that he would explain everything on the nightshow 'De Laatste Show' or in English 'The Last Show'.

Now The Last Show is a talkshow a little bit like Conan or Jay Leno minus the jokes. There are guests on the show like celebrities from Belgium, sporters and politicians and they discuss what happened recently in their lives or in politics. And there's also a category about who does experiments or has to do missions in order to find things out if they work or what the results are if you do this or that.

For the next coming six weeks Belgian actor and comedian Adriaan Van den Hoof (see picture below) will show and tell how MacGyver's skills and knowledge can still be of use to us in the 21st century.

user posted image
Adriaan thinks as MacGyver.

I just found this on a site.

http://tv-visie.be/inhoud/belgie/15februar...ste-show_49571/

Well it's of no use to you if you can't read Dutch but I'll translate on the text below.

Adriaan Van den Hoof expresses love for MacGyver on The Last Show.

Starting from February 16, Adriaan Van den Hoof will express his love for MacGyver every thursday night on The Last Show on channel One. During six weeks he'll show the audience how the knowledge and skills of the legendary tv-hero can be of use to us in our daily lives. Everyone who's been through the 80's and watched television during that remembers MacGyver. A legendary tv-hero who always got himself out of perilous situations by using craft works. A sort of one-mans A-Team.

Adriaan Van den Hoof was a big fan. Is a big fan. Even more: he calls himself a disciple in the study of MacGyver. A MacGyverite, a worshipper of the Holy MacGyver.

Adriaan believes the modern 21st-century human being needs MacGyver. Because who doesn't end in a perilous situation sooner or later? Bigots might claim that our volatile lives are nothing more than a series of perilous situations. If you can than appeal on the knowledge and skills of MacGyver, life will be much simpler and more pleasant. Adriaan will show during six episodes how he changed as a human being since MacGyver came in his life.

Adriaan Van den Hoof: 'MacGyver always knows how to escape out of dangerous situations with everyday stuff he finds in his immediate environment, just be thinking logically. And so will I. Charge up a cellphone with an orange or catch a fish with Swiss Army Knife, with a little knowledge of physics and a good dose of MacGyverism life really become much simpler.'

I also just found the interview is online on the talkshows website. I'll send it in later along with a transcript of the interview.

So keep an eye on this topic for updates. biggrin.gif

A picture of Adriaan as MacGyver.

user posted image

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 17 February 2012 - 01:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Sounds interesting. smile.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 17 February 2012 - 09:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Trekker

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle
House:  Second Loft

biggrin.gif

Charge your mobile phone with an orange? Now that brings a new meaning to "trickle charging" !!

Just hope you have a few weeks to spare with that one...

Maybe a grapefruit would be quicker ?? tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 02:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Here's the radio interview.

http://www.mnm.be/shows/de-avondshow/adria...id-van-MacGyver

Adriaan Van den Hoof becomes MacGyver.

Adriaan Van den Hoof is a big fan of MacGyver and everybody will know. Starting tonight Adriaan will show his love for the hero in 'The Last Show' on One. In six episodes he will show how his life changed since MacGyver entered his life.

The radio interview.

Radio host: Good evening, Adriaan.
Adriaan: Hey, Dave.
Dave: I always knew there was something in you. As a child you were always doing craft works of all things, right?
Adriaan (laughing): Actually, yes and it's pure nostalgic for us for people of our age.
Dave: Yes.
Adriaan: I also think teenagers don't really know who MacGyver really is and maybe a little other generation either but a whole lot of people actually do know who he was.
Dave: Yeah.
Adriaan: He was a wonderful guy who know how to escape out of dangerous situation by the materials he found on the location where he was.
Dave: Yes. Incredible, huh?
Adriaan: And of course he had a cool Swiss Army Knife that was very useful in terrible situations.
Dave: That's right. Give him 500 grammes of pepperoni, sausage and a toothpick and he will make a bunsen burner from it. How about give us an example of what you did? What will you do tonight?
Adriaan: For starters, we tried to figure out if all those things work. Is it possible? And than we tried to figure out how can you use those things in the daily life in the 21st century. In what sticky situations can a person end up in and than how can you apply the MacGyver trick. And what we'll show tonight, was filmed a couple of weeks ago when there was like 12.000 km of traffic and it was snowing like hell and when it was freezing cold. The idea was that I with my MacGyver skills would spend a day and night in the forrest.
Dave: Pretty nice.
Adriaan: It was ice cold but it worked. I went fishing with my SAK tonight and I will get lost and will try to break through the ice and I will lose completely my way and I will try to warn the people by making a fire pillar.
Dave: Pretty nice.
Adriaan: And if you want to know what stuff I used for the fire pillar, people will have the watch the show tonight, but it really does work. And we did many more great things like building a torpedo with mothballs. And what else did we do? We did all kinds of things with the SAK. I will also do things in the studio. Tonight I will try to weld something by using a car battery.
Dave: Oh?
Adriaan: So those are all kinds of small skills and it seems that in 90 percent of the things we tried, it really works.
Dave: Yes. Adriaan not unimportant to actually play the role...
Adriaan: Yes?
Dave: are there marks of any accession of the neck dons?
Adriaan: We gave it a lot of considering but the decision to set it in our own times...
(Both laughing) we left the mullet behind.
Dave: I really wanted to see that with you. A little tuft straight up and with a hair dryer dried off water wave at the back.
Adriaan: We tried by using a wig but it stayed a little old school carnival-like.
Dave: Still?
Adriaan: And I think there's only one man in the world who still would look good with that haircut and that is Mr. Anderson, namely MacGyver himself.
Dave: Yes, and Adam Curry from the Countdown Live.
Adriaan: Indeed Adam Curry but he had the gigantic... he was the ton-ton tapi of the mullets actually.
Dave: Alright, let's not start a debate about putting trees about White Snake and those kind of people or this conversation will last for hours.
Adriaan (laughs): Let's stick with MacGyver.
Dave: Alright, Adriaan thanks. We'll watch the show.
Adriaan: Absolutely.
Dave: See you later.
Adriaan: Yo.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 03:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Episode:Trail of Tears

Nice work, MacGod!
Looks a bit like what 'Mythbusters' did. Although the Belgian approach seems less scientific, and more like a personal quest. Sounds cool anyway. It's amazing how MacGyver keeps popping up everywhere. More and more, even.

One thing puzzles me though: nowhere Adriaan mentions the fact that MacGyver hates guns, which is the essence of the character and the series, and the reason why he has to use other stuff to get out of a jam. Strange.

However, I am looking forward to more info about this program. Maybe someone will put some stuff on YouTube, too.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 07:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Episode:Fire and Ice
Jacket:  Black leather

Good job MacGyverGod wink.gif

macsak.gif

----
cheers
bert

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 10:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

One thing puzzles me though: nowhere Adriaan mentions the fact that MacGyver hates guns, which is the essence of the character and the series, and the reason why he has to use other stuff to get out of a jam. Strange.

Well it might be explained later on, I don't know. Thursday was the first episode with five more to go, so I wonder what else might come. Right now it seems to go more about the MacGyverisms than his hate for guns.

However, I am looking forward to more info about this program. Maybe someone will put some stuff on YouTube, too.

The interview from television is online on the show's website. I'll send it in when I have the time and maybe indeed it might also be on youtube by now. But if so it would be great because the last episode of The Last Show started with a (very) brief introduction though of who MacGyver was, when it was popular and what Adriaan was going to do. Than they showed a very short clip (maybe 15 seconds tops) of the first season's opener. And than they had their first guest. The whole MacGyver-thing was the second item in the show and lasted for about ten minutes.

The transcipt and the links will follow.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
angus20
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 04:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:all

Great MacGyverGod this is truly interesting.
sakopen.gif

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Bushwalker
Posted: 18 February 2012 - 07:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

Radio host: Good evening, Adriaan.
Adriaan: Hey, Dave.
Dave: ...........As a child you were always doing craft works of all things, right?
Adriaan (laughing): Actually, yes and it's pure nostalgia for us for people of our age.
Dave: Yes.
Adriaan: He was a wonderful guy who know how to escape out of a dangerous situation by the materials he found on the location where he was.
Dave: Yes. Incredible, huh?
Adriaan: And of course he had a cool Swiss Army Knife that was very useful in terrible situations.
Dave: That's right. Give him 500 grams of pepperoni, sausage and a toothpick and he will make a bunsen burner from it...................................
Adriaan: For starters, we tried to figure out if all those things work. Is it possible? And than we tried to figure out how can you use those things in the daily life in the 21st century. In what sticky situations can a person end up in and than how can you apply the MacGyver trick.......................
smile.gif

I think an appropriate one-word English term that covers what Adrian and Dave are trying to get their heads around in the interview there is "improvisation" ?

hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 February 2012 - 11:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Probably but they never used the word 'improvisation'. And I translated the whole thing quite literally though. I thought maybe they can read the transcript while listening to the interview. Maybe even learn a couple of words in Dutch. smile.gif

I'll start working on the television interview now. I'll see how far I get and send it in than. smile.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 19 February 2012 - 05:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

biggrin.gif

Quite often upon translation, both Dutch and German seem to be those types of languages where their speakers seem to be thinking: "Why use one word when five will do..".

tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 February 2012 - 12:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah well I think they figured: 'let's use a lot of words to fill up our three minute interview'. biggrin.gif

Anyway during the television interview I did notic how enthousiastic Adriaan was while explaining everything. Like I said he's an actor/(standup) comedian and also a DJ and radio host. In most shows I saw him I have to hand it to him he has a certain youthfulness with him. He's 39 but that youthfulness will always make him like that one kid from the block.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 February 2012 - 03:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The following is the transcript of what happened on The Last Show when they discussed MacGyver.

http://www.een.be/programmas/de-laatste-show/MacGyver

The interview is also available on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHZKN5I-00

Adriaan got lost on a trek but with a couple of MacGyver techniques he could save himself.

Thursday February 16 2012

(There are three peoples in the interview: Michiel De Vlieger, he's the show's host, Adriaan himself of course and Bart Wellens, he's a Belgian cyclist and he was the first guest on the show)

Michiel: Adriaan Van Den Hoof, the disciple of the prophet MacGyver.
Adriaan (laughing): Yeah.
Michiel: Okay.
Adriaan: Sounds good actually.
Michiel: Yeah, it sounds good. Now help us out here. MacGyver, action hero, early nineties.
Adriaan: Yeah, early nineties. MacGyver was an uh...
Michiel: Early years of VTM? (VTM was the first commercial channel in Belgium that aired MacGyver in the early nineties)
Adriaan: Yes, yes, early years of VTM. And MacGyver is quite a strange character. A loner, who was always helping peoples out one way or the other and he had the skills to make something out of nothing. He could always safe himself out of the most sticky situations by whatever was available and he always had the Swiss Army Knife (he shows his own SAK) that he could use for everything.
Michiel: Oh, the Swiss Army Knife, right.
Adriaan: Now, let's see a scene out of a great episode.

(Now they're showing a clip out of Blow Out)
Adriaan (voice over): He's shopping in a grocery shop. He's going to make food for himself and he also does his own shopping and all of a sudden the shop gets robbed by a gang wearing ice hockey masks. He's hiding a little and is slightly panicked but he thinks: 'Oh no, I got to get home on time.' But of course he finds all kinds of stuff in the shop and what does he find? A hot water bottle, meanwhile he's still thinking. He adds salt and spices and pours out a good bottle of vinegar. That's his weapon. Completely unaware of the happenings, he approaches the robbers. They say: 'Hands up, MacGyver!' And than he takes his SAK *pow* and the acid sprays in the guy's eyes. *Pow* One man down. And than he sees the other one. The grandma comes to his aid and than he does the oldschool trick: just a can through the air *bang* and hits him. The grandma smacks him on the shoulder, they became best of friends. Everybody's happy and MacGyver and the grandma decided to live together happily ever after.
(Laughter in the audience and end of the clip)

Michiel: Okay. That's sharp. Sharp fellow.
Adriaan: That was the sphere... that was the guy with the heart on the right place. Sort of a Jesus figure.
Michiel: Yeah.
Adriaan: But if they nailed MacGyver to the cross, he used his armpit hair to get the strap of his sandal and made a quiz taks of the cross and drove off while all those Romans exploded.
Michiel: Good. A hero clearly. Are you just going to tell us about him or are you also going to show us something?
Adriaan: Take it easy, Michel. (He misspoke the host's name)
Michiel (taking him back by calling him): Adrien.
Adriaan: What I'm going to do in the coming weeks is trying to find out of the things he used in the series actually work out for real and how you can transpone it to our times and what you can do with it as a modern human being in the 21st century.
Michiel: Okay. Is it still of any use?
Adriaan: Is it still of any use, indeed. And actually I am pretty proud because we made ourselves an opening credits and maybe the peoples at home might wanna turn up the volume because it is spec-tac-u-lair. Let's see.

(They show now their opening clip)

Michiel: There you go. There you go.
(Adriaan and the audience are laughing)
Michiel: Two words, huh.
Adriaan (still laughing): Oh, I want to see it again. No, no, no. That was a little bit like George Clooney with the MacGyver skills.
Michiel: Fantastic.
Adriaan: So maybe I ought to give a little demonstration?
Michiel: Great.
Adriaan: Something MacGyverish. (To other guest) Becareful, Bart, because it might become uh... I need to put on some clothing because it's very dangerous. (Now he puts on an apron)
Michiel: No doubt.
Adriaan: I'll put on the apron. There. Now, I need my gloves.
Michiel: It's a little un-MacGyverish though but okay.
Adriaan: Yeah but it's for your safety.
Michiel: Alright.
Adriaan: And by chance, I brought this car battery. (He places the car battery on the table) And I also brought this. Just wait a second. I brought this. (He places more things on the table) There. A coin of two euros.
Michiel: That's important.
Adriaan: Very important and uh... this safety goggles. (To Bart again) Maybe it's better you really take some distance. (Bart moves further away)
Bart: Alright, I'll move.
Adriaan (while putting the goggles on his head): No, no. It's okay.
Michiel: So what are you going to do with that?
Adriaan: Now, just wait. (He now brings up jumper cables)
Michiel: Oh, come on, man.
Adriaan: MacGyver carried these also always with him. No, no. Now, may I have your reading glasses?
Michiel: Sure.
Adriaan: It's broken, right?
Michiel: It's not broken at all.
Adriaan: Let me see. Uh... wait, huh.
(Adriaan breaks the glasses leg)
Adriaan: Yeah, it's broken.
(The crowd and Michiel laughing)
Michiel: Hey, come on.
Adriaan: Too bad, too bad, Michiel. But what we are going to do now is to attach it in the vice. Wait. It's all so difficult. This, we're going to do it like that. What are we going to do is, I'm going to make it for two euros. I mean, I'll fix it with two euros. Now hang on. I'm going to put on my gloves.
Crewmember/man from behind the camera: Oh, those kind of gloves.
Michiel: Yeah, we better don't take any risks.
Adriaan looks up and imitates the man: 'Oh those kind of gloves'. Yeah. Okay, so this is the coin we need. We'll attach one jumper cable to the battery, like that. I have to make sure I don't start shaking or any thing because it's very dangerous.
Michiel: This is exciting.
Adriaan: You think, it's exciting? This other part is supposed to be attached here, I think. I think, huh.
Michiel: You think? MacGyver wouldn't think that.
Adriaan: There. Now we place this coin in the other jumper cable. Wow, man, this gloves aren't exactly convenient. Wait, huh. There.
Woman in audience: I wonder if it works.
Adriaan: Ma'am everything works. Alright the two euro sits here and now attach the other jumper cable also on the car battery.
(The crowd and Michiel starts laughing again)
Adriaan: Okay, if there are any peoples who likes to leave, now it's the time. (He place the goggles on his face). My goggles has already become unclear. Watch it now, Barry. I can hardly see. Now I have to support this tightly. There. Oh, I'm a bit scared myself.
Michiel: Yeah, you're a little...
(Adriaan begins welding the glasses leg)
Adriaan: Oh, come on.
Michiel: Almost.
(He continues welding until the glasses leg stays in place on the glasses)
Adriaan: Voilà. There, look.
(The crowd applauds.)
Adriaan: Michiel, your glasses is as good as new. (Unattaching everything) We're going to let it dry off for a while and than you can play grandpa again.
Michiel: Okay, cool.
Adriaan: I'll take everything... like that.
Michiel: Take everything back to safety.
Adriaan: Back to safety. There like that. (He takes everything off again)
Michiel: Now, can I see it?
Adriaan: Uh, well, sure.
(Adriaan tries to take the glasses but it breaks off again, cracking up the audience)
Adriaan (joking): Well, consider it fixed.
Michiel: Well, good job. Good job. Are there any other things where in MacGyver can be of use to us?
Adriaan: Well, yeah. Yeah, last week I wasn't feeling so good and I needed some fresh air. And I figured to take a stroll in the woods, enjoy nature and become one with the cosmos.
Michiel: Seriously?
Adriaan (sarcastic): No, not all. The woods are incredibly boring. The only thing you see are trees and animals. But no tigers only dead squirrels, but I was thinking that maybe in the woods, I might be able to use some of my MacGyver skills and so I did.

(Now they show another clip of Adriaan in the woods)
Adriaan (voice over): I was doing this woods crawling and I wanted to go fishing because I was starting to get a bit hungry by lunchtime. (In the clip you can see him crawling to a frozen pond tapping it with a stick.) But there was ice. Everything was covered in a big layer of ice. And not too far away I saw a crack in the ice. I figured: 'I can go fishing over there'. So I took out my Swiss Army Knife and used the cork screw. I attached the fishing line to it and threw it at the crack when this happened. (He shows now a broken fish-line) The fish-line wasn't strong enough.
(Laughter from the audience)
Michiel: You lost your SAK.

(Back in the studio)
Adriaan: No, no, no. SAK lost? MacGyver never loses his SAK. What do I do, than? I went out to get my SAK back from the pond with my own hands.
Michiel: You're crazy.
Adriaan: Absolutely. Watch this.

(Another clip where in Adriaan takes off his jacket and walks through the ice)
Adriaan (voice over): I took off my jacket because I didn't want it to get wet. Than I went through the ice. I slowly went through the ice to get back the SAK. There and I crawled back out of it. (In the clip he's holding the SAK between his teeth)

(Listen to bleeping sound there. Sounds like they used something of Prometheus Syndrome here when Mac's trapped with the bomb in the newspaper building)

Michiel: Must've been ice cold.
Adriaan: That wasn't so bad. It was maybe like minus one thousand degrees C°, I think. Now that was that day like two weeks ago when there was like a two hundred million km's of file. The big traffic jam. When that afternoon it started snowing all of a sudden.
Michiel: Oh, yeah. When it lasted four hours to do only twenty km's.
Adriaan: Yeah. There was this big blizzard that day. And that was a bit of a problem. I thought of doing a relaxing walk in the woods. And it began snowing and there was no reference anymore. Everything became white. Everything looks the same and than I didn't had a compass so I started to walk on a wild guess and on a certain moment I ended up with all empty buildings and I felt a little weak. And I really had to drink.

(Another clip where he crawls over a fence during a blizzard and walks over snow covered ice)
Adriaan (voice over): It was the only thing there and than I found this ice puddle and thinking it was a good Chardonnay with my SAK I made a hole in it. And by coincidence I also had this fluorescent straw with me. I place it in there. Nothing is as good as ice water. Than you can manage it again for a while. That's amazing, really.
Michiel: But isn't it just filthy?
Adriaan: No, it's disgusting. Really. (End of the clip) But I had to keep going.
Michiel: So, you got lost and the situation looked pretty bad.
Adriaan: Yeah. I couldn't see anything, except those empty buildings. And I started to think: 'What would MacGyver do on this exact moment?' For starters: he would bring himself into safety and seek some shelter. And second: he would signal to the outside world 'I'm out here.' So I went in in that empty building and there I reflected myself as MacGyver and began thinking: 'How can I get out of here?' And than I began to think weird. You'll see.

(Another clip where he enters the building)
Adriaan (in a true MacGyver voice over): Let's see if everything is secure. Hmm, looks like I got lucky. Products they left behind by coincidence. (There are big bags standing against the wall) Potassium nitrate, fertilizer, sugar (he tastes the sugar), yummy icing sugar, cat litter, a little stick from cedar wood. Flexible. Yes, I can get to work. (He takes out a cigar from his pocket and puts in his mouth than uses the products on the cigartube and tapes the cigartube on the stick with a fuse making a fire pillar, walks out into the night, places it in the ground and fires it off with the cigar).

(End of the clip)
Adriaan: Michiel, I made a fire pillar with my own hands.
Michiel: That's nice. And did anybody see that fire pillar?
Adriaan (joking): No one at all. I just arrived here from the woods five minutes ago. But it works making a fire pillar of cat litter, potassium nitrate and bit icing sugar.
Michiel: What will you do next week?
Adriaan: I've got three words Shakespear, an FC De Kampioenen-misunderstanding and on your face.
Michiel: Thanks for coming and see you next week, Adriaan Van den Hoof.

(Final note: Adriaan's answer confused me a little though on what he's going to do next week. I think I'll only find out next Thursday but his answer made me think, that he's going to do something else. Or something that has nothing to do with MacGyver. Though even said when he was trying to figure out in the next weeks if the MacGyverisms work. In his three words however I can make up one thing though... Shakespear means theater and theater means... Cleo Rocks. Adriaan however remained vague. But like I said what I make up of it: Shakespear, theater. F.C. De Kampioenen-misunderstanding: well, F.C. De Kampioenen was a Belgian comedy show about an amateur soccer team who always loses, it's about the trainer, the captain, the keeper, their president and their wives and they always get mixed up in misunderstandings. So I think 'misunderstanding' means Murdoc's deception and on your face means Mac vs Murdoc in Cleo Rocks. That's my guess. I wonder if I am far from it. I'll be in touch.)

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 February 2012 - 03:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The next interview will follow soon.

Do you still have rolls of film that needs to be developed? Or do you need a great escape? Adriaan will tell you how MacGyver handles that.

Plus I have found another radio interview involving the start of Adriaan doing MacGyver.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is a description of the 2nd radio interview I found. Well actually this interview was done before the other one I send in. This was a morning interview but on the same day. February 16 2012.

'We made torpedoes with camphor balls.'

Tonight The Last Show will start a new rubric. Adriaan Van den Hoof will become the inimitable MacGyver and will make with the most banal things great things. He's honored that he can follow up such a great figure.

Radiovoices: Good morning. Tomas gets up. Studio Brussel.
(MacGyver theme begins playing)
Tomas: Fantastic, ain't it? Tonight The Last Show will start a new rubric. Adriaan Van Den Hoof... Adriaan Van Den Hoof will follow his big action hero from the 80's. Also my big action hero, I say. No one else than MacGyver. He was one hell of legendary tv-character. A man who with only a SAK and a roll of ductape could make a heatseeking torpedo and save himself and if not the world out of the most dangerous situations. That was MacGyver. Good morning, hello Adriaan.
Adriaan: Good morning, Tomas.
Tomas: Tonight it starts already, your adoration for the character, MacGyver. Can we expect from you the same incredible prestations. Building something with nothing than can save your life?
Adriaan: Well, that's the idea actually. The idea came from a girl who works at Woestijnvis (Woestijnvis is a production house that makes television programs for channel One), Sarah, who also has an endless fascination for MacGyver.
Tomas: Yeah.
Adriaan: And she asked me: 'Do you also think this is so amazing?'
Adriaan: And she watched all the episodes again.
Tomas: That's nice.
Adriaan: Yes. And than she a made selection of MacGyverisms to see if it first of all is possible in the daily life and secondly in what sort of situations you can use it or handle it.
Tomas: To apply it on the 21st century, in other words?
Adriaan: Apply it on the 21st century. We, amongst other things, used a rope and metal to blow up cars. Used camphor balls to make torpedoes. We went fishing with SAK. We did all of the incredible things the amazing MacGyver did as well. Tested it to reality.
Tomas: Yes.
Adriaan: And now I have to admit and it might spoil something.
Adriaan: Almost everything works in real life.
Tomas: That is amazing, huh?
Adriaan: There is no fiction at all. During a test, we even made a bomb with pine cones, which made us think: 'Fellas, if we try this out, they'll declare us nuts'. But it all worked out.
Tomas: So you can... this might bring peoples on wrong ideas but if you save up enough pine cones, you can make a working bomb?
Adriaan: Yeah, if Al Qaida lived in the Kempen (it's a village in the province of Antwerp) they would've made a lot of bombs, of course.
Tomas: Yes, yes, yes and if Al Qaida watches The Last Show, they might get inspired. That's for sure.
Adriaan: Yeah.
Tomas: But MacGyver for you is more than a nice tv-character out of the 80's. It's more a Saint for you. You really adore MacGyver, right Adriaan?
Adriaan: He's a great character, an incredible character. Everything else what the poor man, Mr. Anderson did afterwards was a bit baloney. He did sci-fi after that: Star Gate.
Tomas: I can hardly remember it.
Adriaan: I didn't believe any thing of that show while MacGyver is believable. And it's a bit strange that teenagers nowadays don't know it at all.
Tomas: Nope.
Adriaan: So every night we'll try to explain it and show a clip. The excruciating slow pace the show has it's hard to believe that as teenagers we were...
Adriaan: Actually sitting on the edge of our seats...
Tomas: It's true, it's true.
Adriaan: Watching: 'Oh my God, MacGyver will now...' and that "now" lasted for like half an hour 'pick a lock with his SAK'.
Adriaan. So, we had to shorten it a bit here and there and tried to speed up the action.
Tomas: Yeah. I also noticed that MacGyver-gravity in his eyes when he came up with a plan.
Adriaan: In any case, any case.
Tomas: It was this look in his eyes that made me fall in love with it but also angry at the same time.
(Adriaan laughs.)
Tomas: No one ever imitated that.
Adriaan: No one, no one. And the strange thing is, Tomas, that in one of our clips, the director said: 'Alright fella's, how are we going to get the stuff to pull this one off?'
Adriaan: And we had to tell him MacGyver-like: 'But mister director Andrew, - his name was Andrew - Andrew, you walk into the room and the stuff is already there. If you need fertilizer... and what else was it again? We were making this bomb out of fertilizer and that stuff for in a litter box and salt or sugar and I said to him: MacGyver walks into a room and by accident the stuff's already there.
Tomas: That's all very accidental. True.
Adriaan: Yes, and we also had to use that trick.
Tomas: Can you already tell us something about tonight? What will be improvised?
Adriaan: Well, it's going to be very cold tonight. What we show tonight was filmed about two weeks ago. Thursday or something when the whole country got jammed.
Tomas: When it was this big cold.
Adriaan: When there was a two million km of traffic, that day and than I decided like MacGyver to spend a day and night in the woods.
Tomas: Terrific.
Adriaan: You'll see. I went fishing, searching for water. It's an exciting episode.
Tomas: I'm very curious to see it tonight in The Last Show, the new rubric Adriaan Van den Hoof does MacGyver.
Adriaan: Yes.
Tomas: Thanks, that we could call you this early in the morning.
Tomas: MacGyver didn't find a solution for that one yet.
Adriaan: MacGyver doesn't sleep actually.
Tomas (smirking): Than you can handle that too. Adriaan Van den Hoof, thanks and have tonight.
Adriaan: Very good. Bye, Tomas.
Radiovoices: Tomas gets up. Studio Brussel. Good morning.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 February 2012 - 05:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is the interview of Adriaan in The Last Show on the 23rd of February 2012.

http://www.een.be/mediatheek/tag/168

Do you still have rolls of film that needs to be developed? Or do you need a great escape? Adriaan will tell you how MacGyver handles that.

Michiel: Ad.
Michiel: Last week, you told us you're on the edge of unhealthy fixation for the tv-character MacGyver.
Adriaan: Yes, that's true.
(They show now the original picture of MacGyver at the plane)
Michiel: Did you recover from that?
Adriaan: Recovered? This is not about recovering. My heart still floods from the genius MacGyver. MacGyver is like Einstein of the '80s but with a mullet and wearing a leather jacket.
Michiel: Yes, and you like the demonstrate something. What did you bring?
Adriaan: I'll explain it all, Michiel.
(There's a camera on the table and on Adriaan's right there's a small black box partly covered)
Adriaan: This is a camera to take pictures.
Michiel: We all know that.
Adriaan: A simple camera from our daily lives. There's only one difference. It's analog camera with a film in it. If you think nowadays everyone is taking pictures with smartphones and... and a cellphone but that's the same thing as a smartphone, right?
Michiel: Yeah, telephones, they're all the same.
Adriaan: Now you got digital camera's, but nothing is as nice as with these films. I'm sure a lot of peoples still has those films that were never developed where you have pictures of a day out to the zoo or a kid's communion party. And I figured, it needs developing and MacGyver knows the answer on that.
Michiel: Serious?
(Now they are showing a clip of The Survivors where Mac and Pete finds the plane and the pictures and on how they're going to develop the film. The clip ends with Mac saying: 'I could use the juice of one of your oranges.' And Pete: 'Orange juice?)
Michiel: Orange juice?
Adriaan: Orange juice? Indeed.
Michiel: The juice of oranges?
Adriaan: Juice of oranges or orange juice. All the other nonsense of karium nitrate and other stuff like battery acid, you don't need it because you can develop a film perfectly with just...
Michiel: Orange juice?
Adriaan: Orange juice. Yes, for real. And this morning I went out taking pictures with my favorite photomodels. He had luckily a bit of time to do a little photoshoot. In the meantime I'm developing the film already right here (pointing to the black box). But let's have a look at the photoshoot.
(They show now footage of the photoshoot on the roof of a building with Sven De Leijer, who's a crewmember on The Last Show.)
Adriaan (on footage): Okay, Sven, just relax now.
Sven: I can't take the right pose.
Adriaan: Yeah, smile like Michiel does.
Sven: More like this. (Takes a diffirent pose)
Adriaan taking pictures: Great. Terrific. Come, follow the camera. Along with the camera. (arrogantly) In the camera!
Sven: Sorry, yes yes yes. Maybe I'll open up my jacket a little more?
Adriaan still taking pictures: Yes, yes. Now take a serious pose. A very serious pose like: 'Oh, no, I'm on The Last Show.' Now jumped. Look like you're jumped. 'Oh, no.' Now, pretend like I'm paparazzi. Like...
(Sven takes an attracting pose and there's laughter in the studio)
Sven: Wasn't that good?
Adriaan: Yes and now victorious.
Sven (takes a victorious pose): Yeaaaaaaaaah!
(End of the footage, back in the studio)
Adriaan: They were great pictures of Sven, who's already celebrating his coming victory on the next tours. So and here, I've got my dark box or my mini darkroom and what I'll do now is... (he puts his head in the box) I've already been developing this film in orange juice for the past time and now I just have to rinse it a little bit with water and the fixate it. Fixating you do that with water and ammonia and than we let it dry to get it done. We just have to make sure no light gets to it.

(Than they start talking about another show Adriaan is going to do on another channel. It has nothing to do with MacGyver. The funny thing is when they start talking about Adriaan keeps his head in the box the whole time. If you are watching the vid you can skip from 3:06 till 4:25. Michiel ends this part by saying that they will find out how it went with the pictures. Than other guests appear on the show but this vid is cut so we can immediatly go on with the interview.)

Michiel: Adriaan Van den Hoof.
Michiel: How are the pictures doing?
Adriaan (takes out a jar of orange juice out of the box): This is just, and I mean it, plain orange juice. (He places it on the table) You can taste it.
Michiel and Adriaan both taste it. Adriaan pretends to choke and falls backwards on the couch.
Adriaan: Just kidding. No, the juice is real. But the picture is developed as you can see Sven De Leijer with the hands in the air as if he's: 'Wow, I'm the big victor here.' This is of course a negative. So look at it from the positive side.
(Laughter in the audience)
Michiel: Okay. So it still has to be printed.
Adriaan: It still has to be printed. But it actually works.
Michiel: Thanks to... MacGyver.
Adriaan: Absolutely thanks to MacGyver.
Michiel: But it's all house, garden and kitchen tinkering. I thought this MacGyver was always at least saving the world or peoples lives.
Adriaan: He always did that. He saves lives and there's a phenomale episode called: The Enemy Within where he does this.
(Now they're showing a clip from The Enemy Within where in he makes the defibrillator from the candlesticks and electrical cord)
Adriaan (voice over): See, that's a guy, who's angry and as you can see he has a gun. MacGyver's saying: 'No we're not going to do that.' Than it seems they know each other from school and he lowers his gun. And there's the blond one. I think her name was Ingrid and she has a machine that makes a terrible noise and can cause heart attacks. The guy falls down having a heart attack. MacGyver goes to him totally panicked. The blonde one very glad. Than he sees two candlesticks. Hup, the candles out of the sticks. And now there's a woman with a red shirt thinking: 'I'll take my advantage of this.' And undresses him.
(There's laughter in the audience.)
Adriaan: MacGyver cuts off the cables of the microphone with his SAK and a piece of rubber. He strips the cables perfectly and ties them to the candlesticks and made himself a defibrillator.
(More laughter and even surprise in the audience)
Adriaan: It doesn't work right away because in the 80's men had a lot of chest hair. The woman smells some burnt chest hair. And the guy's coming... yes, he starts coughing. He sweating like an ox. He chokes almost and than his eyes open and says: 'MacGyver, thank you. I'm alive again.' So he saved his life and MacGyver and that guy stayed together like that for a week.
(End of the clip and more laughter from the audience)
Michiel: Yeah. It's was well done from MacGyver.
Adriaan: I just saw a man in the audience who almost died laughing. So sir, don't worry, I brought my candle sticks. (He places candle sticks on the table and the audience laughs again) If there's a problem, don't worry, I'm there, huh?
Michiel: So are just making things out of nothing the whole day or do you also do more serious things.
Adriaan: Well... Of course I do serious stuff. I make stuff but with that they also asked me to perform in a adaption of Romeo and Juliette from the great British Shakespear.
Michiel: Oh.
Adriaan: It was interesting to me. Especially because they told me: 'You know, Adriaan, we like you to play Romeo. And Van Tielen plays Juliette. I thought: 'You got a deal.' So imagine you're doing a tour of sixty performances. Two each day. The balcony scene and make out with Erika Van Tielen twice a day. (Erika Van Tielen is also a tv-celebrity in Belgium making touristic shows. Not to mention she's the cutest and prettiest redhead I have ever seen) It was just great and I just went to the audition and with high expectations I looked forward to my meeting with Erika.
(Another clip starts. Adriaan walks into a room following a soft female voice. Moved, he looks at the person who stand with his back to him. The person turns around and it appears to be a man dressed like Juliette, shocking Adriaan and ends the clip, little laughter in the audience)
Michiel: That's Jonas Van Tielen. He also works for us as a film reporter.
Michiel: He's a nice guy, though.
Adriaan: Very nice guy, but imagine you have to kiss him twice a day. I'd rather not. Even with the dress and the wig, he's an ugly monster. I was thinking, I can't do this. I wanted to...
Michiel: But why... why did he had to play Juliette? Why did they pick a man for the part?
Adriaan: That's... I don't know if you know this but with Shakespear they used to put young men for the female part. Maybe they thought women can't act or something. And the director was firm. The act had to be done they way it should be done.
Michiel: Back to basics.
Adriaan: Back to basics.
Michiel: So you had expectations that didn't got fulfilled and you ran away.
Adriaan: No, I didn't ran away. I made a commitment and went for it. I really wanted to do it and I want to give it a chance and...
Michiel: And was it alright?
Adriaan: It was terrible. Have a look.
(Another clip starts)
Adriaan (voice over): We really had to study those dances with the original outfits. In tights. That was great but I'll say no more. Than we had to do the balcony scene on a chair.
(The director is shown)
Adriaan: That was that terrible Italian director. Juliette throws a rope and Romeo says: 'Yes, I'll climb to you in the sky, there on the balcony'. And I got really sick and tired of it.
(End clip)
Michiel: Yes. I see it.
Adriaan: Than I got reminded of a great episode of MacGyver. I think it was called The Prodigé, season 1, episode 9. And MacGyver does something incredible.
(They show now footage of the episode The Prodigal where MacGyver makes a torpedo with camphor balls. The clip ends with Mac saying: 'Camphor balls. Now we're cooking.')
Adriaan: "Now, we're cooking." There's no better way to say that like MacGyver.
Michiel: So, what's he going to do with that.
Adriaan: He found a cleaning fluid and good old camphor balls. That's an amazing combination, Michiel. If I brought that in here, - (to other guests) fellas, you may support me in that, - we're going to have a crater of ten meters deep. Than this is the real last Last Show today. So I sat there in the rehearsal and I didn't feel well and I really had to get out of the rehearsel and where you got stage clothing, you also have camphor balls. So watch.
(Another clip of Adriaan in rehearsel)
Adriaan (voice over): They just go on and on. They're not paying attention to me. That's good. Under the table I'm making an escaping device. (He's holding a tube. There's rope on the floor and a bottle of an explosive cleaning fluid) With rope, an explosive cleaning fluid and unsuspecting camphor balls. (He pours the fluid in the tube and the camphor balls as well). I come up with a reliable excuse and leave but not without taking a rope that's plainly lying around and a metal cilinder. (He walks out on the balcony) That studio spotlight comes in handy too. Alright, assembly now. Focus, Ad, focus. (He ties the cilinder on the foot of the spotlight) Tie the cilinder firmly on the foot of the spotlight. Attach the rope on my improvised projectile and place it in the cilinder. Light the fuse and keep your fingers crossed. (The projectile is fired and ends up in a tree) Success. Perfectly in the forked branches of this deciduous tree. A short and firm control of the rope and gravity does everything else and there I go. (He made himself a death ride and goes down the rope. He lands on the groud painfully moaning and has vision than of Erika Van Tielen)
Erika: Romeo?
Adriaan: Erika.
(Erika's face changes into the Jonas Van Tielen, the actor who played Juliette)
Jonas: Romeo?
Adriaan: Nnnnooooooooooooo!!!
(End of the clip and applause)
Michiel: Great.
Michiel: Okay, Ad, back next week?
Adriaan: I'll be back next week, Michiel. And I've got three words for you: party time, blown fuse and paperclip and naked butt.
Michiel: Those are more than three words.
Adriaan: Not true, because if you say it real fast, it's one word. Paperclipandnakedbutt.
Michiel: Okay, thank you and see you next week. Adriaan Van den Hoof.

(Final note: Guess I was wrong on my assumption of what it would be about. Next episode is Thursday)

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 28 February 2012 - 05:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Wow. That's a lot of work, MacGyverGod. Thank you!

I don't agree with Adriaan saying 'MacGyver' was too slow. I think the pace is still pretty good, even for this day and age. Moreover, if it would be faster, the audience wouldn't see how the macgyverisms are done. And that's a big part of the fun.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 February 2012 - 06:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I didn't agree on that part either. But I don't think any show is slow as long as it got your interest.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 29 February 2012 - 03:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 21 February 2012 - 11:29 AM)
The interview is also available on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHZKN5I-00

You know, it's really funny: the longer you watch that interview, the more you understand... biggrin.gif

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 February 2012 - 11:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I guess Belgium is stung by a sudden MacGyver-hype. There was another mention of him today on the radio. They were discussing a Belgian show called 'Witse'. Witse is a show about a cop, whose name is Witse. And during it's run his first name remained a mystery until in the last few episodes of the final season just like with Mac. biggrin.gif

Than there was a reference to another Belgian show called 'Wittekerke' where in one of the radiohosts (Kürt Rogiers, who just came back from Hollywood for the Oscars) used to play a character called 'Sneyers'. Also his first name remained a mystery during his run.

Anyway while they were discussing these things the radiohost asked if anyone knew the first name of MacGyver. And on a little whispering tone he said: 'It's Angus.' biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 March 2012 - 03:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The next interview has just aired on television. If it's online by tomorrow, I'll try to send it in as fast as I can. It was the best one yet. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2012 - 11:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Next follows the transcript of the interview of The Last Show aired on March the 1st 2012.

Our Flemish MacGyver does it again. Adriaan Van den Hoof plugs a leak with chocolate and also tries out good camouflage techniques.

http://www.een.be/programmas/de-laatste-sh...n-met-chocolade

(On the interview this time four peoples participated. We have Sven De Leijer our assistent from last week during the photoshoot, the Belgian secretary of Defense Pieter De Crem, he was the first guest and of course Michiel and Adriaan.)

(They show the rubric's logo with Adriaan's name on it)
Sven (introducing Adriaan): He's the Flemish sex symbol. Comedian, host, star actor on VRT (the original name of One) and VTM. Funny, interesting, touching. You can't look at him without becoming jealous. I wish I could be him. The Flemish MacGyver. Ladies and gentlemen, Adriaan Van Den Hoof.
(The audience applauds)
Adriaan: Wow.
Michiel: He means it all.
Sven: From the bottom of my heart.
Adriaan: I really believe that.
Michiel: So, Ad, what's the idea?
(On the table there's a glass case with a bottle and tray on it. Adriaan himself is has gloves on and goggles)
Adriaan: Euhm... yeah, MacGyver of course, huh.
Michiel: Yes.
Adriaan: MacGyver still has amazing things. I'm still a big fan of him. And we're to watch a clip now just to measure his ingenuity. Let's watch.
(They're showing a clip of the opening gambit of Thief of Budapest)
Adriaan (voice over): So here he is uh... this is from Thief of Budapest, season 1 episode 3. There was a horse stolen and he's going to get it back. He put a rag on his head. And there's the guy with a big fake moustache who saw everything. MacGyver also got the staff of Saint Nicholas.
Adriaan: It's like Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves on the beach and they're attacking MacGyver on his white horse. Thank God, he has the staff with him and than *pow* one down. But he has to escape with that magnificent horse. The bad guy is very angry but MacGyver thought of everything, you see, he's hanging the horse to hook on a chopper and they're gone.
(More laughter in the audience)
Adriaan: Terrifically done on how MacGyver escapes again with the horse. St. Nicholas is doing that also lately. It's more convenient that way.
(The clip ends)
Adriaan: And MacGyver made that chopper himself with two matches.
Michiel: Okay. So are you going to learn us anything today?
Adriaan: Yes, yes of course. Everyone knows the problem of a bottle of unblocker that leaks.
Michiel: Everybody knows it.
Adriaan to Pieter: No? There are millions of Flemish peoples having that problem every day. It's a bottle of unblocker that has a lot of corrosive products in it and it's leaking. What do you do with it? MacGyver has of course...
Adriaan and Michiel together: the solution.
(They show a clip of the Pilot episode where Mac and Spencer are plugging the acid leak)
Adriaan (voice over): Let's have a look. MacGyver's here with a hot blonde in a factory. There's a silo there with burst in it and all the acid is running out of it. Great shoulder pads too.
(The clip stops when Spencer asks on how he would stop the leak and Mac answers: 'With these.')
Adriaan: 'With these.' You see what it is?
Michiel: What is it?
(They show a still of Mac holding chocolate bars.
Adriaan: Chocolate.
(Laughter)
Adriaan: That's MacGyver's solution to stop the leak with chocolate. And we'll put it to the test in my small mini-laboratory. Cremmy be careful, huh.
Pieter: Yeah. (He moves a little)
(Adriaan puts his goggles on)
Adriaan: I did... I did bring my Swiss Army Knife. We have to bottle of acid and we have the chocolate and since it's Compliments Day, I'll give you all a piece of chocolate.
(Laughter while Adriaan gives everyone chocolate)
Adriaan: Here you go.
Michiel: Thank you.
Adriaan: Sven, here you go, you look like you can use it.
Sven: Thank you.
Adriaan: Mr. De Crem, you don't have to eat it rightaway but don't put it in your pocket.
(Laughter again)
Adriaan: So what do we do? We take a piece of chocolate and than we make a hole in the bottle with corrosive content. Wait a minute, we'll do it on this side. Like that. There below.
(Adriaan made a hole with the SAK near the bottom of the bottle)
Adriaan: There it runs out of the bottle. Now take the piece of chocolate and rub it against it. And what happens is some sort of chemical reaction. The chocolate starts melting that should plug the leak. I do say 'should'. Look at that. The hole is plugged with a bit of chocolat.
(Applause)
Adriaan: You see the chocolate melts and welds the hole shuts with a piece of Côte D'Or. There.
Michiel: And what is the chemical reaction exactly?
Adriaan: The chemical reaction is that the sugars in the chocolat corroded..., - now I pretend I know all this but actually I don't, (Michiel laughs) - they're corroded by the acid, it melts it shut and clots immediately the hole.
Michiel: Alright, great. You learned anything else from MacGyver this week?
Adriaan: Uh, absolutely. This week I was tempted by my worst of friends to go on a bachelor weekend.
Adriaan: And we did bad things.
Michiel: Yeah? Going to stripclubs, look at strippers, dirty dancings? That kind of stuff?
Adriaan: Um, no, not that kind of stuff. We went paintballing.
Michiel: Paintballing?
Adriaan: Yeah, I don't know if you ever tried it? Paintballing?
Michiel: That's a very long time ago.
Adriaan: Yeah, well first of all, it's outside. It hurts and it's terrible because you're shooting at each other the whole time.
Sven: That sounds like fun.
Michiel: It's like a typical guy thing.
Adriaan: Yeah, it's a guy thing. Shooting at each other, taking a shower afterwards. (To Pieter) Actually, just like in the army. A guy thing.
(Laughter)
Adriaan: It's fun, that's for sure. The thing is you have to protect yourself like a wimp actually while at the same time you have to show, you're not a wimp.
Michiel: Yeah, it just hurts.
Adriaan: It hurts a lot and besides my good friend here, Sven De Leijer. At least good friend until not so long ago. He's friends now with the military. He was also there and he hurt me a lot.
(A clip of Adriaan and his friends playing paintball in the forrest starts)
Michiel (voice over): So you have to hide yourself very well if I understand.
Adriaan: You have to hide in the trees. And you had two teams. You had the bad guys that Sven joined with the rest and the other team was just me being the good guy. I was on my own in the forrest looking for a tree to hide in. I found some native oak what made me think I could get into. I climbed into it and became one with tree. See? It's the same color and I also hugged the tree and behaved like a branch.
(He puts his mask on and begins cooing like a pigeon)
Adriaan: I also prentended to be a bird. I learned that in school on how to do it. In acting school.
Michiel: They didn't shoot you out of the tree.
Adriaan: No, no. I thought the rest didn't see me in the tree. Till than.
(He puts his mask off and curses in the clip)
Adriaan (in clip): Sh*t.
Adriaan (voice over): I forgot my rifle below.
(Peoples in the clip): Here he is, the big one.
(They shoot him full of paintballs)
Adriaan (in clip): Besides, I'm not big! Alright, I got a big head but the rest is okay!
(Laughter in the audience again and the clip ends)
Sven: Paintball is great, right?
Adriaan: Paintball is great sure but they're yelling at me that I'm big. Michiel, do you think I'm big?
Michiel: No absolutely not.
Adriaan (to Pieter): Mr. secretary, am I big?
Pieter: Not at all.
Adriaan: Well, neither are you. You look good, by the way.
(Laughter)
Pieter: I just had a piece of chocolate.
Adriaan: Piece of chocolate, right. But I got stuck there in that tree.
Michiel: So what did you do than?
Adriaan: There's not much you can do on such moments. You can count on your friends. And there's something you can do in the region of Tervuren (it's another village in Belgium where Sven comes from) and you can hide behind a big De Leijer.
Michiel: A big De Leijer?
Sven (chuckles): Muscular, you mean.
Adriaan: Eventually.
(The clip continues)
Adriaan (voice over): So I hid somewhere else and wait till Svennie De Leijer came. There he is. He looks big because of the clothing.
(Sven walks behind a wooden construction)
Adriaan: Than I followed him noiseless.
(Adriaan appears from behind the same wooden construction Sven just walked by copying his every move)
Adriaan: And than those branches... I followed the same path as he did and he didn't hear anything. He didn't realize any danger, he was looking for me...
(Now they both put on their masks at the same time)
Adriaan: while I just became his shadow actually.
(Sven turns out 180° degrees while Adriaan does the same)
Adriaan: He didn't notice anything and he kept looking for me that crazy Sven. (They cross a bridge a now) Over the bride. We were lucky it didn't collapse with the big one. But suddenly the rest saw me.
(The rest appears behind Adriaan now)
Adriaan: And they attacked me from the back, Michiel. And I guarantee it, it's hell.
(Adriaan raises his hands in surrender and than runs off and falls as they open fire)
Adriaan: They really gave everything they had.
(The clip ends)
Adriaan: Everything in the back and I think that's cheating. It shouldn't be allowed.
Michiel to Sven: Is that cheating?
Sven: Cheating? Cheating? (and to Pieter) He would be a great military, Mr. De Crem. (Back to Adriaan). Twice you forget you rifle out there. You're doing paintball not puzzling.
(Laughter)
Sven: If you paintball, you shoot back.
Adriaan: Sven that hurt a lot.
Sven: When you were up in that tree, we didn't shoot at you because we wanted to. Those are the rules. And if you want them to stop shooting at you, you keep your rifle above your head. I never saw you keeping you rifle above your head.
Adriaan: I kept my hands above my head and than I fell and you kept shooting.
Michiel: What did you do than?
Adriaan: The only thing you can do than is going home and get real gun with bullets.
(Michiel laughs and audience too)
Adriaan: No, I didn't or I would've joined the military to shoot everything down. But I didn't. I was panicking a bit and all of sudden I remembered an episode of MacGyver. Trumbo's World. I think season 1 episode 6. And MacGyver does something incredible. Check it out.
(A clip of Trumbo's World starts where MacGyver makes himself the protective suit)
Adriaan (voice over): They're being attacked by ants.
Michiel: Wild ants?
Adriaan: Wild ants. And he has a plan.
(The clip ends when Mac says he's going to make a suit of armor)
Adriaan: Look at that. MacGyver will start making a suit. A protective suit. And the idea came to me, that I have to do the same thing.
Michiel: A protective suit?
Adriaan: A protective suit. (To Pieter) Maybe something for the military.
(Another clip begins where in Adriaan makes his own suit)
Adriaan (in clip drawing patrons): First I'll draw out the patrons. Hmm, I'm lucky again. I got the perfect sizes. Than liquid plastic. Like regular plastic but than in liquid. (He pours liquid plastic in a jar) I see jars with sinister skulls on it. (He cuts his drawing) I smear out the liquid securely over a frame of a mosquito net. Than you cut here and there with SAK and before you know it you have a good suit that protects you against more than just mosquitoes.
(The clip ends)
Adriaan looks at Michiel like 'What do you think of that?'
Michiel: Nicely done.
Adriaan: I'm actually like the Dries Van Noten from Defense.
Michiel: There's a couturier in Adriaan Van den Hoof.
Adriaan (joking): Oui, je sais. My show is next week in Paris. No but you might be surprised who well the suit works. No bullet holes, no grenade shrapnel, no daggers that can stab me. It's much more efficient than helicopters. Look.
(The clip starts when Adriaan shows how his suit works. Some players are standing guard when Adriaan appears in his suit. They seem him and someone open fires. Adriaan keeps standing. The guards look at the others and they fire at him. Still he keeps standing and the guards run off. Than Adriaan opens fire and wins. End of the clip and applause)
Michiel: Thank you very much, Adriaan Van Den Hoof.

(Finale note: To me this was the best one yet)

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 3 March 2012 - 03:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Jacket:  Black leather

She also has great sequins.

Um, sorry? unsure.gif

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2012 - 03:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah, he said a word I didn't exactly understood. He could've even not be referring to her but the clothing or something. Maybe it was some sort of French word or term used in the fashion world. I tried listening and spelling it and find the right translation but I couldn't find anything. By listening and guessing I came up with a word that I thought it was what he meant and used on the translator site and the site gave 'sequins' as result.

When he says the word they have that shot on Spencer standing there with Mac's sweater around her neck. I don't know what he exactly meant.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 3 March 2012 - 05:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

could have been something a long the lines of "great pearly white"s.. meaning teeth.. or some other local slang term for maybe eyes or something.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 March 2012 - 10:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I got it. He says 'Prachtige epauletten ook'. He means shoulder pads. And I'm sure Adriaan got good eyes so I think he says that because Spencer wore shoulderpads underneath her dress. I understood something like 'paillets' or 'pallets' and with trying to figure it out some words on the translators site the only result I came up with were 'sequins'.

Anyway I think that's what it is. It's just the French word for it and it's used on a lot of outfits including military dressing. I'll change it rightaway.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 March 2012 - 02:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This weeks interview will be here soon.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 March 2012 - 03:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is the fourth interview on The Last Show's MacGyver. Dated March 8th 2012.

Though a bit one shorter than the others. Do have to say though the vid on the site is not exactly complete. They started the vid from when the rubric started but as usual at the start of the show Michiel briefly asks Adriaan what he's going to do during the show after the first guest showed up. Pretty much like the time when he was developing the photo's with orange juice.

Can you charge your cellphone with oranges? And how can you hide from your ex with a compact mirror? Adriaan 'MacGyver' Van den Hoof finds out.

http://www.een.be/programmas/de-laatste-sh...-met-vitamine-c

First there's a number of The Last Show band and Michiel and Adriaan talks about some of the members. It appears one of them worked with Adriaan before. Than they start talking about MacGyver.

Michiel: What are you going to today? Is there something you're going to let explode?
Adriaan: Nothing actually. No, I'm not going to let anything explode. I'm just going to help peoples like I have been doing for the past couple of weeks.
Michiel: And how are you going to do that? What will you do?
Adriaan: First I'll have to ask you something else. Just now, in your dressing room, I stole your cellphone.
Adriaan: Let's see if I can find it. (He takes Michiels cellphone out of his pocket). And I just looked myself up and unfortunately it seems I'm registered as Adriaan the nut.
Michiel: No pun intended of course.
Adriaan: That's unfortunate, though. But I also brought my cellphone and I'd like to ask you if you can call me.
Michiel: Call you?
Adriaan: Yes. Go ahead, call.
Michiel: Okay. There.
(Michiel calls Adriaan. Adriaans voicemail in funny voice: 'This is the automatic answering machine of Adriaan Van den Hoof. I'm totally unavailable. So you better call back later. Thanks, bye.' *fart sound*)
Michiel: Okay. So?
Adriaan: Yeah, voicemail. That's because the battery of my cellphone is dead. So what do I do with it?
Michiel: You charge it up.
Adriaan: Charge it up, yes. And I will do that right away. (Adriaan gets up and walks behind the couch to two major panels on the set.) I have a cable here. A charging cable and I will charge up my cellphone with all the good stuff from Mother Nature. And I can give you one tip: Vitamine C. But we'll get back to that later on the show.
Michiel. Okay. But that's for later than?
Michiel: Alright than.

(After receiving the first guest the interview continues. They show the home-made intro)
Michiel (on the intro): Adriaan Van den Hoof. This is still...
Adriaan (interrupting): This is still so great. The truck explodes while you walk away. It's such a boys dream.
Michiel (laughing): How's your cellphone?
Adriaan: The cellphone is still charging, I think. We'll have a look at that in a moment. But I'm hear to tell the glad message of our good friend MacGyver. And we're going to watch a great fragment of the episode Deathlock. Season 1 episode 12 where MacGyver has to escape bad guys from communists (looks straight into the camera and music starts) from East-Berlin!

(They're showing footage of the opening gambit from Deathlock)
Adriaan (voice over): Look, a coffin. MacGyver is in there. You might think: 'Oh, no, MacGyver is dead. What's going on?' But of course he isn't dead. (MacGyver turns on a small flashlight). He's got light and his eyes are open so he's wide awake. They're driving in a junky schoolbus. He's being transported to the borders from East to West-Berlin. (Then referring to the guy with the binoculars) And there's some guy named Klaus watching the whole thing. He doesn't trust it. (To other guards) And than you have Heinrich with his friends Fritz and Hans. One of them is making a phone call. (In German accent): 'Yes, what is it? What's the problem? Why? What?' There's panic. (Again in German accent): 'There's sh*t on the ball.'
(Michiel laughs)
Adriaan: The guy screams: 'Nein! We're deep in the potatoes!' MacGyver is still in the coffin but his friends throw him in the water because they also want to get rid of him. MacGyver lands with a jolt in the water. The coffin explodes and MacGyver made himself a wooden jetski!
(Michiel and audience laughs)
Adriaan: And he leaves. How ingenious is that? MacGyver's glad he can (in German accent again) escape from those Germans. (Than again without accent) He circles around in happiness and those other guys are thinking (once more with German accent): 'Sheisse! Why? That MacGyver!' (Than joking about MacGyver waving) MacGyver gives them the finger and says: 'I'm no Berliner!'
(Michiel laughs and end of the clip)

Adriaan: Isn't this great?
Michiel: Yes, it is.
Adriaan: But now something else. MacGyver is also manageable in the daily life. Michiel, now imagine you're having a date with a girl and you're having a great time. And she asks: 'Why don't you come at my place and have some coffee?' And you leave together with the car.

(A new clip starts with Adriaan and a girl in a car during heavy traffic)
Adriaan (voice over): So you're standing in queue as always in our country. Terrible and you're sitting next to the girl. It's comfy and she looks happy. (Well actually she's not) And one moment you're a bit in shock because in the car next to yours, you see your horrible ex-girlfriend who looks into your car and thinks: 'What's that?' So you have to hide and you can't look at the girl the whole time because it makes you look like you have a stiff neck. (Adriaan turns his back to his ex-girlfriend while still driving looking at the girl nex to him) It's like you're giving her this evil look like a psycho, so she might get a bit scared. (Adriaan smiles a bit shy) So you have to find a solution. You can try to hold up the queue and create a longer one and let your ex pass by. People might get angry though, they start honking and flashing their... (the car behind Adriaan flashes his lights) now that was fan I think.
(Michiel chuckles and the clip ends)
Michiel: So why don't you let the girl drive?
Adriaan: That would irresponsible. The girl was only 17. She doesn't have a license, besides she was drunk too. What makes it illegal. I also have my principals.
Michiel: Of course.
Adriaan: Now of course I was thinking about MacGyver.
Michiel: Oh yeah.
Adriaan: Episode The Gauntlet. And this happens...

(They're showing a clip of The Gauntlet where MacGyver and Kate takes the bus to their escape)
Adriaan (voice): So MacGyver and his girl... they're always on the run. He puts her in a bus and he also crawls in. Why they didn't use the door, I never understood.
(Michiel chuckles again)
Adriaan: MacGyver goes way up front and what does he do now? He sees the rearview mirror. *crack* It's loose and places it on the driver's seat and now he asks for... (MacGyver in clip: Compact. Kate: What? MacGyver: Compact. and clip ends)
Adriaan: Compact. Compact.
Michiel: Something with a rearview mirror and a compact?
Adriaan: Sounds like magic. But thank God for me the girl I sat with in the car had a great purse and she also had one.

(The clip with Adriaan and the girl in car continues)
Adriaan (voice over in clip): Hmm, that annoying ex may not see me. Luck! A rearview mirror. Most cars nowadays have one. (He quickly tapes the mirror on his seat) Now I tape it with ductape to my head support of the seat. Now, honey can I have your compact? (She gives him the compact. He lowers himself in the seat). There the periscope system is working. I can drive on without my ex seeing me. Hahaha! (There's a shot proving it actually works. You can't see him and from the point of view, it's like she's holding the compact. Michiel and audience laughs with some applause and clip ends.)
Adriaan: So you see. You can't see me at all!
Michiel: Nice. Nice.
Adriaan: It really works, you can't see me. If I pass you by, you might figure: 'what the hell?' But it's magical.
Michiel: Really magical.
Michiel: Great. So what's up of the cellphone?
Adriaan: Yeah, the cellphone. It's a special system and I had to think of the episode Ugly Duckling.
Michiel: A great episode no doubt.
Adriaan: Great episode.

(A clip of Ugly Duckling starts where MacGyver and Kate are going to power up the radio with cactus juice. The clip ends.)
Michiel (amazed): So you're charging your cellphone on a cactus?
(Adriaan now stands behind the couch again, his cellphone is still attached to the cable to go underneath the panels)
Adriaan: Not really on a cactus. But it seems, - and thanks to MacGyver I know this - that in some plants like cacti and kinds of fruit are some kind of acids that can generate electricity. And I figured: maybe I can charge up my battery with an orange. But one orange is not enough to charge up a cellphone. So I had to use some more. (He removes the big panels and we see there a two big plates with oranges on that are wired to each other) Thousands sort to speak. So if you connect them to each other and put them in series it provides enough electricty to charge it up. Wait, I'll give you a call.
Michiel: Does it work?
(Adriaan calls Michiel on his cellphone and Michiel answers it.)
Adriaan: Hello, Michiel.
Michiel: Really, it works.
Adriaan: It works indeed. Look, I can disconnect it like this. There. So, Michiel, how are you, what are you doing?
Michiel: Everything is fine. I'm presenting The Last Show.
Adriaan: Great. Great.
Michiel: Do we see each other next week?
Adriaan: Absolutely. I'll be there. Bye, Michiel.
Michiel: Thanks for coming. Adriaan Van den Hoof.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 13 March 2012 - 05:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Again, awesome job, M'God! Do you still have time to go to work/ catch some sleep?
And I don't mean sleep during work. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 March 2012 - 07:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

As a matter of fact I have a bit too much time. Translating the interview doesn't take much time. Two hours at most. Unfortunately this week will be the fifth out of the six interviews. So I'd say keep an eye out of for any updates.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll